First Baptist Church Employee Reviews in United States

Camp Harlow Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 22, 2015
Great community and great group of counselors and staff members was the best summer i have ever had and was a great experience and an amazing place
Fun supportive
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GASeptember 21, 2015
Ability to work with children at various levels of development.
Great environment among co workers. Christian based environment which taught bible as well as other primary skills,
Pros
friendly
Pastor of Student Ministry (Former Employee) –  Skiatook, OKSeptember 20, 2015
The work environment at FBC Skiatook is manageable, however one particular staff member wants to be in charge and is not. Still he manages to undermine and usurp others.
Custodian work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Silsbee, TXSeptember 15, 2015
Great people to work with and great hours for someone who has children. Never a moment where your not busy.The only downside is that there is no moving up in your job position.
Grace filled atmosphere
Director of Music, Missions and Media (Former Employee) –  Yoakum, TXAugust 31, 2015
Wonderful church. I led music there for 3 years and feel like part of the family. I cannot say enough great things about it
Pros
Great Pastor and awesome people
Cons
none to speak of
Fun place to work with Christian ladies at the church.
Director/Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 30, 2015
A typical day was arriving at 7:45a.m. and making sure everyone clocked in. Looking at emails, preparing classroom, leading morning assembly, teaching class, mail, typing of papers or notes that needed to go out, payroll, deposits, ordering of supplies, keeping up with tuition payments and notifying parents if they are late, and keeping up with Texas State Licensing.
Pros
Being able to run the program, working with Christian ladies, helping families, working only during the school year.
Cons
No retirement
it was a productive and fun place to work at
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 27, 2015
I loved the Job and the people that I got to meet and work with. My supervisor was great he took his time to speak with me on how I can improve on my office skills.
Excellent and God-Centered Atmosphere
Pianist (Current Employee) –  Allendale, SCAugust 24, 2015
A typical Sunday involves my reviewing the "Special Music" for the choir before the service begins. The choir and I then proceed to go to the choir loft in the sanctuary of the church. The service begins with my playing the "Call to Worship", to which the choir sings along to while the members of the congregation greet one another. This is followed by "Announcements", where the pastor addresses prayer concerns for fellow members, important church events, etc. After saying the "Lord's Prayer," I lead the choir and congregation in singing the "Praise Song", hymns that offer any kinds of praise to God. After the "Morning Prayer," I lead the choir in singing the aforementioned "Special Music," which is typically included in the hymnbook before leading the choir and the congregation in the "Offertory Hymn". The choir then exits the choir loft as the offertory plates are passed in the congregation, during which I play the "Offertory" (Typically, it is a contemporary praise and worship song, like "The Potter's Hand"). As soon as I have finished playing this song, the pastor proceeds with his sermon. With a cue from the pastor ("As we sing our "Hymn of Discipleship,"..."), I return to the choir loft and play the "Hymn of Discipleship". After the pastor states the "Benediction", I play the "Doxology," thus ending the service. When it comes to what I have learned from this experience, I can say that my piano playing has improved a great deal; I have learned to play in sync with the choir and congregation, and I'm playing hymns that before intimidated me due to complication. This is definitely  more... the most enjoyable part of my job. I can not find anything hard about this job. When it comes to the management, everyone involved at the Allendale First Baptist Office are "on top" of their jobs: the pastor decides what topic his sermon is going to be for the following Sunday by Tuesday afternoon, which is given to the members of the Office, and sent to me. I then search for hymns to align with said sermon before sending my choices to the Office Secretary. When it comes to my co-workers, they are all helpful to me whenever they need to be, and it helps that they are Christians. This is a really wonderful job experience.  less
Pros
Great Salary and Christian Environment
Cons
An excellent place to work, learn and grow.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOAugust 21, 2015
A very fun place to work and grow. I not only grew as a team member but also independently. Management was encouraging and welcomed opinions. My job was very diverse. I was administrative assistant to two Ministers, processed accounts receivable, maintained member database, maintained benevolence spreadsheet and processed contributions in excess of 6 figures per month. The hardest part of my job was when I had to deny benevolent assistant to someone coming in needing assistance due to economic stress. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily camaraderie between co-workers, our monthly luncheons building relationships.
Pros
Flexible during personal appointments ie; Dr. Dentist and during inclement weather.
Cons
Being a religious organization, pay increases where minimal.
Fbcc
Week Day Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSAugust 18, 2015
Although it is a great and loving environment for the children, frustration from low wages has taken its toll on the employees. Therefore sometimes the quality of work is not there because there is no chance for advancement. To anyone interested keep in mind this is the not ideal job for a person having to lead a household. If you so happen to become employed there don't comewith those expectations.
Pros
Free lunch, Sick days, Vacation days, paid very day the center is close except weekends
Cons
no advancement
I loved working with Church members that became like family to me
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Financial office at the ChurchAugust 16, 2015
The Church actually operates within an annual Budget supported by contributions from the members. Their contributions were posted weekly. All expenses incurred to keep the Church open and ready to teach God's word were paid in a timely manner. It was a blessing and a great joy to be a small part of doing God's business at His Church for 30 years. There were sad times when a member pasted away because I got to know many of them personally. Everyone that I worked with was always so kind and helpful. All in all this is a great place to work.
Pros
Regular hours, great envirement, great supervisiors.
Cons
Alot of extra year end work to do with deadlines.
A Church with Excellence in Mind
Associate Pastor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 10, 2015
My experience of First Baptist was one of planing programs to reach people with the message of the gospel. Finances were available if the goal and presentation proved to have value and merit.

Excellence was key. Shoddy work was not tolerated.
Pros
Opportunities to develop professionalism, to utilize personal vision, and to operate without micromanagement.
Friendly safe environment
Ministry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 3, 2015
First Baptist is a wonderful place for Christians to work. It offers a challenge and opportunity for their staff while providing a caring environment.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
No full-time positions open
Had fun time with the kids
Volunteer Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  10770 Rickert Rd, San Diego, CA 92126July 31, 2015
Kids are very joyful, loving, playful. You have to enjoy it. They are God's gift. Every kids has their own room and teachers depending on their ages. Teacher are very lively teaching kids and parents are very supportive to them.
Energetic Fun Place
Housekeeping/Childcare worker (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKJuly 24, 2015
I love the interpersonal relationships I have made with the parents, while taking care of their babies. On a typical day I play games with the kids, or rock and love on babies. It's a pretty awesome job. The hardest part of the job is when I have to take care of kids that are constantly crying and nothing seems to help them.
Cause oriented and Senior Leadership Learning Grounds
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJuly 24, 2015
I was privileged to find areas in myself that needed to be developed further. I was able to work with charactered, talented, and very able individuals who challenged me on a daily basis.

Additionally, the team that I was privileged to put together was one of the best that I have been privileged to work with.
Working at the fitness center
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJuly 23, 2015
A typical day at work would be coming in at 5:30 am and getting everything together to open up the gym which would be turning on the computer and opening software so members can sign in, unlock all doors to the fitness rooms, clean up and make sure everything looks presentable. After i have done all of this I sit at my desk and wait for people to show up. Throughout the day I collect membership payments for customers, allow members to sign up for the fitness center, turn in cash to office and complete my responsibilities for morning shift and i leave work at 3:00 pm
Pros
Nice people and friendly faces
Cons
No breaks
Fun Cooking
Supervisor/head cook (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 12, 2015
A typical day at work... Enjoyed prepareing large meals.. loved my co-workers.. Hardest part was staying behind on work..
Great place to volunteer my time while looking for permanent employment in my field.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 8, 2015
Pleasant and friendly place to work. I answered and directed calls on a multi-line phone system, data entry, lots of public contact, operated laminating machines, fax machines, postal machines,and complex copiers, and sorted & distributed mail.
Pros
Pleasant and friendly atmosphere
Cons
No negatives
Work is fairly challenging, but incredibly friendly.
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 4, 2015
The day begins at 7:15 AM, wherein those working the early shift set up the game room, and wipe down tables and chairs. Children arrive at 9 AM, and counselors engage them. When the children are divided into their separate groups, each counselor is given an age group for which he or she is responsible, and whom the counselor must direct to various activities throughout the day. The work atmosphere is calm, and the counselors are always engaged with the children. Working with children is rewarding for some, and not for others. I enjoy taking time to speak to certain children who I feel require more attention.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No free lunch

4.4