First Baptist Church Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work if you are self motivated.
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Raton, NMSeptember 30, 2015
I started working at this church because the pastors are good people and easy to work for but also because I wanted to do something to keep me in shape. With the three floors in the church building and all the outside maintenance to do, plus taking care of the offices across the street, kept me very busy, which I like a lot.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No health Insuance
Fbcc
Week Day Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSAugust 18, 2015
Although it is a great and loving environment for the children, frustration from low wages has taken its toll on the employees. Therefore sometimes the quality of work is not there because there is no chance for advancement. To anyone interested keep in mind this is the not ideal job for a person having to lead a household. If you so happen to become employed there don't comewith those expectations.
Pros
Free lunch, Sick days, Vacation days, paid very day the center is close except weekends
Cons
no advancement
Productive and fun workplace
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, ILJanuary 26, 2016
My church is very fun. It also gets serious. A typical day at the nursery is busy. A lot of kids need to be took care of. On average i have about 10 kids. My co-workers are friends form school and from pleasent hill. The hardest part is trying to get the kids to settle down, but the most enjoyable part is seeing the kids so excited to learn about jesus.
Excellent and God-Centered Atmosphere
Pianist (Current Employee) –  Allendale, SCAugust 24, 2015
A typical Sunday involves my reviewing the "Special Music" for the choir before the service begins. The choir and I then proceed to go to the choir loft in the sanctuary of the church. The service begins with my playing the "Call to Worship", to which the choir sings along to while the members of the congregation greet one another. This is followed by "Announcements", where the pastor addresses prayer concerns for fellow members, important church events, etc. After saying the "Lord's Prayer," I lead the choir and congregation in singing the "Praise Song", hymns that offer any kinds of praise to God. After the "Morning Prayer," I lead the choir in singing the aforementioned "Special Music," which is typically included in the hymnbook before leading the choir and the congregation in the "Offertory Hymn". The choir then exits the choir loft as the offertory plates are passed in the congregation, during which I play the "Offertory" (Typically, it is a contemporary praise and worship song, like "The Potter's Hand"). As soon as I have finished playing this song, the pastor proceeds with his sermon. With a cue from the pastor ("As we sing our "Hymn of Discipleship,"..."), I return to the choir loft and play the "Hymn of Discipleship". After the pastor states the "Benediction", I play the "Doxology," thus ending the service. When it comes to what I have learned from this experience, I can say that my piano playing has improved a great deal; I have learned to play in sync with the choir and congregation, and I'm playing hymns that before intimidated me due to complication. This is definitely  more... the most enjoyable part of my job. I can not find anything hard about this job. When it comes to the management, everyone involved at the Allendale First Baptist Office are "on top" of their jobs: the pastor decides what topic his sermon is going to be for the following Sunday by Tuesday afternoon, which is given to the members of the Office, and sent to me. I then search for hymns to align with said sermon before sending my choices to the Office Secretary. When it comes to my co-workers, they are all helpful to me whenever they need to be, and it helps that they are Christians. This is a really wonderful job experience.  less
Pros
Great Salary and Christian Environment
Productive, fun environment
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXMarch 8, 2016
Enjoyed working with them for the time I did, the staff was fun and energetic and It was something new everyday, however I wanted to pursue other opportunities.
Beautiful location
Pastor (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CANovember 9, 2015
A typical day of work was checking emails, sending out new visitor letters, visiting members in the hospital, counseling people in marriage and life issues, teaching Bible studies, doing premarital counseling, performing weddings and funerals, conducting worship services, evaluating programs and systems, planning and leading leadership meetings.

The hardest part of the job for me was administrative. I am much stronger in people skills. The funnest part of the job was working with people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Working alone during the week.
Great place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 18, 2016
I enjoyed the work. I usually worked alone, however, when I was working with others, I enjoyed that too. Job was great. My boss was a good guy. Decent pay.
Wonderful Place to Call Church Home
Youth Minister/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Screven, GAJanuary 17, 2016
Left on great terms!
Moved to School and would certainly go back if God led me there.
Ministered to the students of the Church
Maintained constant cleanliness of facilities
i was a four year old preschool teacher/ assistant director
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 17, 2016
i enjoyed teaching the children daily curriculum daily. i also enjoyed working in the office and handling the center when the director was out on other duties.
Rewarding and fun place to work
Church Secretary (Former Employee) –  Keystone Heights, FLSeptember 26, 2015
A typical day began with staff meeting and assignment of any additional work activities that were out of the ordinary. Typical days activities included:
Clerical work (filing,emails, letters, brochures, bulletins, etc)
Handling and routing phone calls,
Computer and internet work,
Dealing with contractors, sales persons, daycare workers and those church and community members (some in need of help) that visited the church office.

Learned how to manage a one person office; uickBooks application for payroll, bill paying and budget. Trouble shooting office equipment to avoid technical support. Managing calendars for all staff; updating websites. Networking with other churches and church organizations who are able to help others asking for assistance.

Reported directly to Sr. Pastor, who was considerate, kind and helpful, but also demanded excellence and perfection. He was a pleasure to work for. Co-workers were also pastors. They were easy to work with, always supportive, helpful and willing to help when necessary.

The hardest (maybe not hardest, but most stressful) part of the job was doing payroll -- making sure all hours accounted, caring for any garnishments, and paychecks were correct.

Most enjoyable was the fellowship, respect, mission and fun we shared as co-workers.
Pros
Rewarding work; very little stress. Respect shared by all. Fun place to work.
Cons
Low pay; no benefits (although I had my own)
Taking Cares of children
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Proctorville, OHJanuary 27, 2016
I'd Volunteer to help take care of 2 and 3 year olds.
You'd feed them, color pictures, change them if need to be changed, read to them, play toys with them and movie time if they want.
A Church with Excellence in Mind
Associate Pastor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 10, 2015
My experience of First Baptist was one of planing programs to reach people with the message of the gospel. Finances were available if the goal and presentation proved to have value and merit.

Excellence was key. Shoddy work was not tolerated.
Pros
Opportunities to develop professionalism, to utilize personal vision, and to operate without micromanagement.
Cons
Satisfying environment for visible accomplishments
Senior Pastor (Current Employee) –  Deptford, NJOctober 17, 2015
Days starts at 9:00 Am until 8:00 PM -- Tuesday through Friday

Learned Community interaction and involvement

I was the lead manager and trainer of other leaders

Hardest part of the job -- 24/7

Most enjoyable part of job -- people interaction and growth of individuals
Pros
Satisfaction of evidencing progress in people
Cons
Constant starting over in training as new people joined
god pacel
1- Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 21, 2016
a lot, fun to work a litlle bit of stress, but ogood place to asgakjakakakakakakakkjsjsjhshworkshasahahaskajksjashshsakjsjkasasjashgajksa ajk
Pros
great
Good
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Working in First Baptist Church Athens was an overall good experience. I learned new things and I enjoyed my time there.
Fun and adventurous
Tutor & helper (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2016
A very welcoming atmosphere where everyone are so caring and hopeful. Preparing the grocery bags and handling the food to the needy does lighten up my day.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short break
Great Place!
Children's Ministry Internship (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJanuary 16, 2016
I loved working with the faculty, teachers, and children at First Baptist Church! This is a great place to work! I would highly recommend this Church!
Fun workplace
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Archie, MONovember 10, 2015
It was great to play with the little kids all day! The hardest part of my job was putting them in time out. The most enjoyable part was when everyone got to go out on the playground, they were all so happy when they got to go outside. My co-workers were a lot of fun, it was a very enjoyable place to work.
Good Work Environment
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 27, 2015
Good place to work and grow. Have a great flexible schedule; however, little room for growth. Growth, retirement, health insurance, vision and hearing.
I loved working with Church members that became like family to me
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Financial office at the ChurchAugust 16, 2015
The Church actually operates within an annual Budget supported by contributions from the members. Their contributions were posted weekly. All expenses incurred to keep the Church open and ready to teach God's word were paid in a timely manner. It was a blessing and a great joy to be a small part of doing God's business at His Church for 30 years. There were sad times when a member pasted away because I got to know many of them personally. Everyone that I worked with was always so kind and helpful. All in all this is a great place to work.
Pros
Regular hours, great envirement, great supervisiors.
Cons
Alot of extra year end work to do with deadlines.

4.4