First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, opportunity to be creative and show leadership!
Teacher - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLJune 11, 2016
I personally loved my time working at First Baptist Church of Saint Cloud. I loved the staff, and the children! I got to learn how to be prepared for a lesson, and I got to learn better teaching skills. My Co-workers were very supportive, and were able to offer all kinds of ideas to better my class. The smiling faces were the best part working there, but there were some moments of difficulty as well in learning how to deal with a disruptive child. That was quickly overcome when he had a chance to be teachers assistant.
Fun, part time job, that helped improve my communication skills
Hall Monitor / Teacher (Former Employee) –  Van, TXAugust 22, 2016
This job was a good, part time, daycare job at my church nursery. I enjoyed working with the children and my co-workers. The most enjoyable part was to spend time with the kids and build relationships with them.
Pros
Close to home, two days a week, good pay
Good place to work if you are self motivated.
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Raton, NMSeptember 30, 2015
I started working at this church because the pastors are good people and easy to work for but also because I wanted to do something to keep me in shape. With the three floors in the church building and all the outside maintenance to do, plus taking care of the offices across the street, kept me very busy, which I like a lot.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No health Insuance
very friendly and great place to work with children
CDC/Wee School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLFebruary 20, 2014
If I was in the infant room, it consisted of keeping the babies happy, fed and dry. To meet their needs at the time. For toddlers it would be play time, story time, snack time, and potty time. For older children it would consist of movie time, play time, craft time, Bible time or outdoor play. The staff was cooperative and friendly, and the management was supportive. In Wee School I followed a curriculum that was geared for pre-schoolers...story time, circle time, free play, computer time, center time, lunch, playground time, etc.
Pros
I was able to work around my school schedule
Cons
no health benefits
Productive, on time, show up everyday
Cleaning church (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work was always good. I cleaned tables, moped, swept, took trach out, and vaccumed. The hardest part of the job was making sure I swept everything off the floor because I cleaned up after little kids
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Not having a break
Great place to work, and I learned many skills I could use in a business setting.
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 3, 2013
A typical day at work included discussing with my boss various subjects such as upcoming events, planning future events, and sometimes discussions of money and budget. Making copies, phone calls, faxing, doing mail outs, shopping for events and office needs were other tasks that were regularly done. I learned many things while working at the church such as fundraising, planning and spending, operating office equipment, and becoming more proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. I also strengthened my communication skills while working at the church. My co-workers are always great we all get along well, it's like a little family in the office. The hardest part of my job was the planning and execution of large events such as fundraisers and big social functions. Though these were the hardest part of my job they were also some of my favorite and most enjoyable tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job though was getting to know the students and making connections with them, as well as getting to know their families.
A good job, but very difficult in a lot of areas.
Student Minister (Former Employee) –  Archie, MOAugust 11, 2014
This was my first professional job out of college. Typically, I would prepare lessons from a week up to six months in advance for the students that I taught.

I learned that I am good at being relational with people but very inexperienced with planning and organizing activities. I got them done, but it was like pulling teeth to get help from anyone.

I simply could not have asked for a better boss as he was also my co-worker.

The hardest part of the job was making myself be a self-starter, but the most enjoyable part was being able to grow my relationships with the students I lead and their families.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
Healthcare, benefits, pay, location of housing (right next to church)
First Baptist - Excellent Ministry
VISITING MINISTER (Current Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJApril 24, 2016
The staff and workers of FBC Mt Holly are strong Christians with a love for the Lord and a desire to serve Him sincerely. My focus at this church was on care and counsel for those the hospital and retirement homes (i.e. Pastoral care & chaplaincy). The other staff members were strong prayer and work partners, and there was a balance of worship, discipleship, fellowship, stewardship and mission. I focused also on building fellowship in the Body and especially among the men's Bible study and discipleship. I am technically an unpaid volunteer, but I was placed on the Board of Deacons and am often asked by the staff and the Senior pastor to minister in many ways.
Pros
Sweet fellowship, Strong worship
Energetic Environment and Welcoming People
teacher's assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2016
Everyday I was switched between the toddler room and infant room. I would play with the children, set up lunch, clean up around the classroom, and help children fall asleep during nap-time. I learn how unique each child is and this experience ultimately decided my major . My coworkers were very friendly and always had a smile on their face. The hardest part of the job was children who were strongly attached to their parents and would cry all day long. The most enjoyable part was getting the children to laugh or smile.
Making a difference in peoples lives
SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Independence, ORFebruary 12, 2014
I enjoy working at the church and serving people. Serving and helping people is wonderful but it doesn't pay the bills and no benefits. I am very motivated to give the strong customer service, communication and problem-solving skills to an organization. I enjoy giving of myself and to help turn frowns into smiles! Last summer, I coordinated and administrated a successful vacation bible school. It was a task to inspire volunteers and indeed were blessed to have over 65 children in attendance. I am hoping to find a job with my "cheery disposition" in a job soon.
Pros
many friends
Cons
no benefits and not many paid hours
Positively Enriching
Director of Broadcast (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 5, 2015
First Baptist Church of Bossier City has been the most rewarding, and educational work experience to date. This church stepped when when I needed a job and allowed me to grow into a job that demanded excellence and attention to detail. I truly love Video Production and to be able to produce a long running television broadcast and the peripheral promos
Pros
Great Benefits and time off over and beyond scheduled vacations
Cons
Long work hours and Sunday's required
Fun place to work a true learning experience
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Highlands, TXSeptember 2, 2016
Always on the go and learning new things. Very hands on the most difficult part is having a bunch of over active children by yourself.
Worked as a assistant
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAFebruary 19, 2016
I would go into work everyday loving what i do and working with the kids. I learned that it is not and easy job but i try my best at everything. The management there was good and she knew what she was doing. I worked good with the co workers there I mess working there they where very friendly and i went to where they told me i was needed. The hardest part is not telling the parents how there kid did that day i got told to lie and tell them they did good. Being around the kids was what I most enjoyed doing because they made me smile and no problems where there
Pros
working with good people, taking care of the kids while there parents was at work
Cons
not being able to tell the truth to the parents when they asked
Busy, always moving with something else to do.
Youth Ministry Intern (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKJune 14, 2016
Although I said it was busy that doesn't mean it was a bad thing. I loved every second of working there with new puzzles coming along and event planning. All in all I couldn't believe that it just kept me in check at all times. There was never a down moment of just sitting around not doing something.
Christian based work environment, perfect for students of all ages.
Lisa Doyle, Children Director (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 1, 2016
FBC is a laid back work environment, that is able to work around a busy schedule. While there aren't enough hours for a full time job, it is a fantastic job for the individual wanting to make an extra $40 for gas money. Being with the children and impacting their lives even for a couple of hours a week is very special as well.
Dance Ministry
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAAugust 8, 2016
Great ministry that reaches out to home school children and children that could not afford dance. Very happy with the opportunity I had here. The children brought me so much joy.
Fbc
Owner-Manager, Make a Memory (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 16, 2016
I enjoyed working at First Baptist Church in Garland. I taught pre-K for several years and later coordinated the childcare program for church events.
I enjoy my job, but there is no room for advancement.
Nursery Worker (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 23, 2014
I come in on Sunday mornings and set up my with toys and I usually have a color sheet along with an arts and craft project for them to do that relates to the lesson for that Sundays lesson. I also have several other rooms to set up for other teachers as well.

I enjoy getting hugs from the sweet children and seeing their smiling faces.
Pros
I enjoy seeing them learn more.
Cons
No room for advancement or benefits.
Rewarding and fun place to work
Church Secretary (Former Employee) –  Keystone Heights, FLSeptember 26, 2015
A typical day began with staff meeting and assignment of any additional work activities that were out of the ordinary. Typical days activities included:
Clerical work (filing,emails, letters, brochures, bulletins, etc)
Handling and routing phone calls,
Computer and internet work,
Dealing with contractors, sales persons, daycare workers and those church and community members (some in need of help) that visited the church office.

Learned how to manage a one person office; uickBooks application for payroll, bill paying and budget. Trouble shooting office equipment to avoid technical support. Managing calendars for all staff; updating websites. Networking with other churches and church organizations who are able to help others asking for assistance.

Reported directly to Sr. Pastor, who was considerate, kind and helpful, but also demanded excellence and perfection. He was a pleasure to work for. Co-workers were also pastors. They were easy to work with, always supportive, helpful and willing to help when necessary.

The hardest (maybe not hardest, but most stressful) part of the job was doing payroll -- making sure all hours accounted, caring for any garnishments, and paychecks were correct.

Most enjoyable was the fellowship, respect, mission and fun we shared as co-workers.
Pros
Rewarding work; very little stress. Respect shared by all. Fun place to work.
Cons
Low pay; no benefits (although I had my own)
Big Church, Nice people
Facility worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
It was nice working for First Baptist Church. But the Payment was not enough compare to work load. Great People, good place of faith.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Baptist Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4