First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Good environment with amazing people.
Sound Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJApril 23, 2016
I learned how to use prepare speakers and microphones for a church service. It was easy but you had to pay attention to what person was using what microphone so I could adjust it to their voice.
Good Staff
Nursery Room Worker (Current Employee) –  Portales, NMApril 19, 2016
Everyone is really nice. I just wish that it was more of a full time job instead of a once in a while type of job. Also they only pay you the very minimum they don't pay you for over time or anything very cheep
Pros
nice staff
Cons
money
Productive and fun workplace
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, ILJanuary 26, 2016
My church is very fun. It also gets serious. A typical day at the nursery is busy. A lot of kids need to be took care of. On average i have about 10 kids. My co-workers are friends form school and from pleasent hill. The hardest part is trying to get the kids to settle down, but the most enjoyable part is seeing the kids so excited to learn about jesus.
Great Place
Technical Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2016
I love this job, I get to be creative & be part of a great team doing great work. As a story teller I get to do what I love most.
I help the Director of Communication. This takes a lot of pressure off a fine man. That makes me happy
Pros
Great Peopl
its a nice place
Child Care Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saint Francisville, LAMay 31, 2016
I loved it. the managers are great. The staffiis clean and neat, and they. I enjoy the customes they are nice , they make the day go by
Great to bring people together
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  McComb, MS 39648April 10, 2016
Ministry Work for the community to help those that need Automotive Repair but can't get it, it's great, fun to do, and you get to meet some very interesting people.
Supportive place to work in, many benefits
Director of Adult Education (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKDecember 11, 2015
A fulfilling place to be. I have had many years of work here, having been through many changes of staff. I have learned so much, especially to be flexible, to be a team player with many staff workers. I have enjoyed working in management with paid employees as well as with volunteers who work so diligently year after year.
Maybe the hardest part of the job, yet what makes it so diverse, is the difference in the personalities and ages of people on staff. It can be a challenge. At the same time, this is what keeps us fresh, hearing so many different perspectives and ideas on how to go about our work.
The most enjoyable part of the job/work is that we share common beliefs and goals in life. I have great support and respect in my colleagues as well as members.
It was Awesome
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work with a wonderful Mentor and great Management. It was all about getting things done as a team, and having it be effective, whether that was copying papers, grabbing some food for a little pow-wow, or writing lessons for the entire congregation to hear. Overall, I loved it, it was an amazing three months and I learned a whole lot from it.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes, Great Environment, Great people
Cons
Internship, Frequent Trips, Lots of last minute changes.
Working at a church is fun
Worship Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARMay 31, 2016
I was initially hired as a simple tech to create the full color church bulletin, assimilate sheet music for two worship teams, create rich multi-media presentations for Sunday services. Within a few months the church let me take over the care of the database system and church server, they also let me fix all PCs in the building. It was nice to be trusted and to take a greater and more technical role.

My working hours weren't always stable, though I always had the same start time and same days of the week for 7 years (I was often asked to work late.). I was also given raises as my worth to the church increased. I was given sick days, personal days and vacation. The church was very supportive of my needs.

The atmosphere was wonderful, the people were great, and there was free food in the break room almost every day. I set up media presentations in various places around the buildings which caused me to have to work with people not employed by the church. They were always supportive and made me feel worthwhile. A very good experience.
Pros
Pleasant and friendly people, free food, lots of food, complete access to all critical systems
Cons
did not provide health insurance, hours were sometimes very long
Beautiful location
Pastor (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CANovember 9, 2015
A typical day of work was checking emails, sending out new visitor letters, visiting members in the hospital, counseling people in marriage and life issues, teaching Bible studies, doing premarital counseling, performing weddings and funerals, conducting worship services, evaluating programs and systems, planning and leading leadership meetings.

The hardest part of the job for me was administrative. I am much stronger in people skills. The funnest part of the job was working with people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Working alone during the week.

Want to know more about First Baptist Church?

Ask a question
Wonderful
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  O'Donnell, TXFebruary 23, 2016
FBC was a blessing and a job which allowed me to get onto my feet when I moved to Texas. The people were pleasant and easy to work with. The company did not offer health benefits or paid days off which is why I left.
Great community of people
Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAJanuary 14, 2016
Primary focus of position relates to publishing information and communication for church activities. Many diverse activities managing office and building activities.
Pros
supportive of employees
Cons
non profit - minimal financial advancement
Productive, fun environment
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXMarch 8, 2016
Enjoyed working with them for the time I did, the staff was fun and energetic and It was something new everyday, however I wanted to pursue other opportunities.
Breakroom was nice and free coffee
Accounts Payable Clerk / Insurance Liaison (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2015
A/P for monthly invoices and match up Purchase Orders, Run checks, Verify employees credit card bills, and follow up with outstanding invoices. Great co-workers and management. Getting PO back in order to match up with invoices to pay.
Pros
Healthcare and 401k benefits
Cons
not many vacations days
Satisfying environment for visible accomplishments
Senior Pastor (Current Employee) –  Deptford, NJOctober 17, 2015
Days starts at 9:00 Am until 8:00 PM -- Tuesday through Friday

Learned Community interaction and involvement

I was the lead manager and trainer of other leaders

Hardest part of the job -- 24/7

Most enjoyable part of job -- people interaction and growth of individuals
Pros
Satisfaction of evidencing progress in people
Cons
Constant starting over in training as new people joined
rewarding
childcare (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXSeptember 29, 2015
I do this job for the kids. I have a knack for teaching and love sharing the love of God with the kids. I get to bring my own kids and sometimes they are even in my class. On the best of days I get to just sit and rock babies. I have been there so long, I have gotten to watch children grow up from babies, to grade school kids, who accept Christ as their Lord and savior and are baptized and it's so rewarding knowing that I was a part of that.
Pros
accommodating
Cons
not enough hours available
Exciting opportunity to reach a diverse community for Christ
Senior Pastor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2015
I have served as the Pastor of this church for a total of 12 years. The church has some wonderful people in it's membership. There are also some controlling and difficult people.
The church is placed in a strategic location to reach the military families from MacDill AFB
Pros
loving, caring people
Cons
negative influences are very strong
I like job culture
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 21, 2016
work long day people were nice to work for but you never had a day off.Management heip you learn new thing.and work people in the church
Good place to work if you are self motivated.
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Raton, NMSeptember 30, 2015
I started working at this church because the pastors are good people and easy to work for but also because I wanted to do something to keep me in shape. With the three floors in the church building and all the outside maintenance to do, plus taking care of the offices across the street, kept me very busy, which I like a lot.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No health Insuance
i was a four year old preschool teacher/ assistant director
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 17, 2016
i enjoyed teaching the children daily curriculum daily. i also enjoyed working in the office and handling the center when the director was out on other duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Baptist Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4