First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church Employer Reviews

Great church with great people1
College Ministry Intern (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: relaxed schedule
Cons: not texas
A wonderfully professional staff. Work was always interesting, with new challenges to tackle.
Generationally Challenged Fellowship
Associate Pastor (Former Employee), El Dorado, KSJuly 9, 2013
Was blessed to work with most of the people at FBC for nearly three years. Some were very resistant to change, even if it was the right/successful thing for ministry, which made everything hard to do. Tempered many different committees and managed a very successful, growing ministry. I had many great volunteers and families that were wonderful to work – more... with, though superiors of mine lacked communication, felt out of touch, and very distant during my time of ministry there. – less
Busy place to work.
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJuly 9, 2013
Pros: free dinner on wednesday night.
Cons: had to take down the gym by myself.
Clock-in, set up rooms, carried the trash out, on Wednesday nights I would set up and take down chairs and tables for the meal.
I enjoyed the first manager that I had. The second manager that I had did not see eye-to-eye with myself or many of the members.
My co-workers were great. I worked with them at many, if not all of the events that the church – more... was involved with.
The hardest part of the job was setting up the stage for the Christmas Pageants that were there.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on the faces of the members and guests at the job that I took part in. – less
Good part time job - no stress.
Part time Library employee (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNJuly 7, 2013
Pros: no stress
Cons: not many hours
Excellent place to work. It's just a part time library job. Not much to tell. Simple and basic work. Process books using computer systerm, check in and check out books, answer questions, help locate books, cover books with protective tape.
Work from home
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Carthage, NYJuly 4, 2013
As the Pastor's wife, good to work with my husband - able to accompany him to some meetings and keep the house going at the same time.
Productive spiritual and responsibility teaching kids.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLJune 26, 2013
Pros: community hours.
Cons: none.
First Baptist Church is been my church since i was little kid, which it made it even better to tech kids what i had been thought, In are church we start the day by worshiping God with songs in the worshiping room with all the little kids, after we are done i personally take them to their classes after all the parents sign them in for personal securities. – more... In my class i have boys from ages 9-11, so we start by speaking about our favorite part of the week and we pray to strengthen are life's and for any other reasons, i teach them the lesson of the week and we clean up, until the parents come and sign them out. This is a short period of time i spend in church but is totally worth to take care of this kids which i learn from as much as they learn from me. – less
Invested in the Student Ministry
Youth Worship Leader (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXJune 19, 2013
I invested in the lives of the students by helping their Youth Group be amazing with their Worship. I helped by growing them musically and spiritually.
Great Atmosphere to work in
MINISTRY ASSISTANT TO SENIOR PASTOR (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKJune 16, 2013
Pros: feel like you are making a difference
Cons: alot of pressure
Working for a church is a positive work experience.
You do not have to worry about alot of the drama that goes
on with other places.
Great Place To work
Percussionist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 5, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: na
This is a great place to work...it doens't relaly feel like work when your are doing somthing that you love doing. I staretd playing the drums at the age of 3 and I love being able to play the drum and to obtain compensation at the same time.
The best place I've ever worked.
Student Ministry Intern (Former Employee), Altus, OKJune 5, 2013
Management is great. They value you as an employee and an individual. It is a wonderful Christian environment to work and serve.
Professional experience
Instrumentalist/Vocalist (Former Employee), Pella, IAMay 24, 2013
The experience working with and performing with the other musicians throughout the various services was very gratifying.
Great experience
Interim Pastor (Current Employee), Kenedy, TXMay 17, 2013
Pros: being with people
Cons: time management
A great experience. It has been educational doing weddings and funerals. It has been definetly a life experience.
very quiet but peaceful
Church secretary (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILMay 17, 2013
Pros: yes
Cons: no
they was truly are a good Christian church. the work was good , and fun to do.
Pretty nice workplace
Assistant Teacher Substitute (Current Employee), Oxford, MSMay 6, 2013
Great teacher and great kids. The staff are very friendly and the rules aren't very strict
Christian environment
Financial Secretary (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCMay 1, 2013
I handled the all accounting needs for the day care and church. My in box kept me busy. There was no room for advancement. I enjoyed the co-workers and flexible hours. Currently want more of a career job. I have more to offer than this job allowed.
Great work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Burleson, TXApril 22, 2013
Pros: the environmen
Cons: compensation
I loved working at FBC Burleson. This job was great as it allowed me to finish my Master's degree. The pay is not great but the people are very friendly and there are very few dead lines to meet.
Enjoy serving the LORD in Troy Il.
Senior Pastor (Current Employee), Troy, ILApril 9, 2013
The work is rewarding and people are thankful. I have grown spiritually in the LORD, and give that growth unto the congregation. The hardest part of the job is having enough time to do it right. I enjoy being in the Service of the King.
I enjoyed working there
Musician (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJApril 4, 2013
I enjoyed playing the piano during worship services and was well treated and compensated for my efforts.
Infants
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 27, 2013
I love children, and caring for them is like second nature. In a daycare you are like their parents away from home, just thinking that the little influence you have in a child's life can mean more than you will every know.
Very Rewarding Work
Young Adult Coordinator (Current Employee), Hesperia, CAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: helping others, seeing growth in individuals, flexibility
Cons: no monetary compensation
This is a job I do without pay very happily. I enjoy those I work with, the support I receive from staff and the changes I see in those I work with on a regular basis.