First Baptist Church Employer Reviews

Fun workplace, good atmosphere
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Warsaw, MONovember 13, 2013
Pros: loved the job, loved the people!
Cons: no insurance, or benifits
Working at the Church was a rewarding and enjoyable experience that will be with me for the rest of my life. We lost a son in a car accident, I learned to live everyday to the fullest and make everything count. Don't ever take any thing for granted!
It felt good to see young people get off the streets.
Youth Pastor (Former Employee), East Chicago, INNovember 8, 2013
Spoke to pre-teens and teens about healthy relationships, self-esteem, sexual abstinence, sexual abuse, and decision-making skills. Was in charge of setting up abstinence clubs in the public school system,. Established a youth Choir, Sunbeams. Headed up the Youth vacation bible School.

Began a gang intervention ministry by going out to various parks – more... street corners and other public venues where we witness a tremendous turn-around and got kids off the street and in the church. – less
LOVE this place
Nursery Worker (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 30, 2013
Pros: environment, people, kids, boss
Cons: hours
I absolutely love the ladies at First Baptist
The kids are amazing, and if you are looking for a place to put your kids I would recommend this
Only problem: not enough hours
Work along side friendly people who are there with you to help.
Builder (Former Employee), Pass Christian, MSOctober 28, 2013
Pros: working for a good cause
Cons: hot weather
A typical work day involves many angles of remodeling. I learned how use several power tools and how to work as a team to build something together.
LOVE!
Nursery Worker (Former Employee), Stinnett, TXOctober 21, 2013
LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. Great job, fun kids, overall great!
Traditional work environment
Pastor of Education and Students (Former Employee), Scotland Neck, NCOctober 21, 2013
Providing clarity, alignment, focus and movement to the mission and vision
Teaching Our Youth
Teacher (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2013
Pros: working with kids
Cons: kids moving to another class
I love kids and I love the Lord so what better place to work than a church daycare.All the parents were very nice and the kids were great to be around. The one thing I did not like about the job was my kids going to another class when they got to old for me. Didn't want to see them go.
Children's Intern (Former Employee), Belton, TXOctober 14, 2013
They gave me my first opportunity for a good solid job. I was given any tasks you can imagine and grew because of it
Productive environment
Secretary (Current Employee), Greenville, MSOctober 2, 2013
Get a feel of something new, getting to know what the real world of work is like
Fulfilling employment with purpose
Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), Park Forest, ILSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: fulfilling work
Cons: inconsistent work schedule
I have learned to extend myself far beyond my own expectations for the purpose of helping others more than ever in this position
First Baptist Church
Child Development Assistant (CDA) (Former Employee), Magnolia, ARSeptember 25, 2013
This was a church nursery. I handled toddlers to infants. It was a good experience that taught me a lot of patience.
Productive and enjoyable workplace. Well balanced schedule and positive environment
Set Up Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: frequent breaks, free lunches
Cons: pay rate
Review set ups that need done for the day. Gather furniture items needed for set ups on to dollies. Make sure rooms are clean and organized for set ups. Go back and check set ups. We get two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. I learned to work SMART not hard because of the job being so physical... meaning learning how to manuever heavy items without – more... putting strain on my body. My boss was very caring and always made sure we put school first and was very considerate of our families. My co-workers were young but hardworking. They adapted very quickly and we got along well. The hardest part of the job was the physical labor. The most enjoyable part was being able to have fun and make the best of our job while still working and getting things done in a timely manner. – less
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: wonderful people to work with
Cons: not enough pay
,My typical day was general cleaning, Bathrooms, Offices, etc
I loved my manager and all the people I worked with , the hardest part of the job was learning how to strip and wax floors,
I was a volunteer for this church
Volunteer (Former Employee), North Highlands, CASeptember 13, 2013
It was enjoyable workplace being able to help out whenever I could or when they needed me was nice
Memorable & Worth Every Moment
Volunteer Service & Leadership (Current Employee), Oviedo, FLSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: self-satisfaction, leadership experience, helping those in need
Cons: exhaustion
My volunteer service here was quite possibly some of my most memorable moments. My God has given me so many opportunities to help people and I learn something valuable every single time. Every experience was different, from coaching young kids in soccer to serving missionary families in Brazil.

Each moment was a moment where I was able to look at myself – more... and see the things I take for granted. There are some who do not get to eat every day, when I don't even think twice about whether or not there will be food when I wake up. It has completely re-shaped my view on life.

The ones who served next to me where amazing people. We relied on each other, and on Christ, to be strong when it could have been easy to be complacent. It was hard at times to remain focused, especially in Miami, FL when we renovated a warehouse into a church. It would have been so much easier to be lazy and let others do the work but that is not what we are called to do as Christians.

We should love as Christ loved. We should serve as Christ served. I enjoyed every aspect of this. To be able to make my Savior smile as I showed love in His name is all I ever ask for.

I am constantly involved with what they are doing in the community, searching for opportunities to serve in any way I can. – less
Great place to work, and I learned many skills I could use in a business setting.
Student Intern (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 3, 2013
A typical day at work included discussing with my boss various subjects such as upcoming events, planning future events, and sometimes discussions of money and budget. Making copies, phone calls, faxing, doing mail outs, shopping for events and office needs were other tasks that were regularly done. I learned many things while working at the church – more... such as fundraising, planning and spending, operating office equipment, and becoming more proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. I also strengthened my communication skills while working at the church. My co-workers are always great we all get along well, it's like a little family in the office. The hardest part of my job was the planning and execution of large events such as fundraisers and big social functions. Though these were the hardest part of my job they were also some of my favorite and most enjoyable tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job though was getting to know the students and making connections with them, as well as getting to know their families. – less
Fun workplace great staff
Volunteer (Current Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: communicating with people
Communicated with people and staff, cleaned, and made sure things were organized for the next day.
Nice place to work...no benefits and only 24 hours per week
Office Manager (Current Employee), Ashland, KYAugust 27, 2013
I need full-time work with benefits. Good atmosphere, low stress. Typical day: I work alone ...know what is expected ..
Its a productive and fun workplace to work.And i also learn alot about Myself.
Custodian (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 23, 2013
Pros: opportunity
It was a great place to work . I got to know a lot of good people there and as of rigth now im still a member there at First Baptist Church .I help out at time as a volunteer worker. In still i find some work maam or sir.
Productive and a fun work environment
Retail Clerk Supervisor (Former Employee), Merrillville, INAugust 15, 2013
Well it was a regular days at most part we did alot of work because it was a big thrift store and there was many things to do. I learned so many things,an example you can never do any thing too fast because you can make a lot of mistakes. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working together because you can also learn a thing or two from your – more... co-workers. – less