First Baptist Church Employer Reviews

First Baptist Church
Child Development Assistant (CDA) (Former Employee), Magnolia, ARSeptember 25, 2013
This was a church nursery. I handled toddlers to infants. It was a good experience that taught me a lot of patience.
Productive and enjoyable workplace. Well balanced schedule and positive environment
Set Up Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: frequent breaks, free lunches
Cons: pay rate
Review set ups that need done for the day. Gather furniture items needed for set ups on to dollies. Make sure rooms are clean and organized for set ups. Go back and check set ups. We get two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. I learned to work SMART not hard because of the job being so physical... meaning learning how to manuever heavy items without – more... putting strain on my body. My boss was very caring and always made sure we put school first and was very considerate of our families. My co-workers were young but hardworking. They adapted very quickly and we got along well. The hardest part of the job was the physical labor. The most enjoyable part was being able to have fun and make the best of our job while still working and getting things done in a timely manner. – less
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: wonderful people to work with
Cons: not enough pay
,My typical day was general cleaning, Bathrooms, Offices, etc
I loved my manager and all the people I worked with , the hardest part of the job was learning how to strip and wax floors,
I was a volunteer for this church
Volunteer (Former Employee), North Highlands, CASeptember 13, 2013
It was enjoyable workplace being able to help out whenever I could or when they needed me was nice
Memorable & Worth Every Moment
Volunteer Service & Leadership (Current Employee), Oviedo, FLSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: self-satisfaction, leadership experience, helping those in need
Cons: exhaustion
My volunteer service here was quite possibly some of my most memorable moments. My God has given me so many opportunities to help people and I learn something valuable every single time. Every experience was different, from coaching young kids in soccer to serving missionary families in Brazil.

Each moment was a moment where I was able to look at myself – more... and see the things I take for granted. There are some who do not get to eat every day, when I don't even think twice about whether or not there will be food when I wake up. It has completely re-shaped my view on life.

The ones who served next to me where amazing people. We relied on each other, and on Christ, to be strong when it could have been easy to be complacent. It was hard at times to remain focused, especially in Miami, FL when we renovated a warehouse into a church. It would have been so much easier to be lazy and let others do the work but that is not what we are called to do as Christians.

We should love as Christ loved. We should serve as Christ served. I enjoyed every aspect of this. To be able to make my Savior smile as I showed love in His name is all I ever ask for.

I am constantly involved with what they are doing in the community, searching for opportunities to serve in any way I can. – less
Great place to work, and I learned many skills I could use in a business setting.
Student Intern (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 3, 2013
A typical day at work included discussing with my boss various subjects such as upcoming events, planning future events, and sometimes discussions of money and budget. Making copies, phone calls, faxing, doing mail outs, shopping for events and office needs were other tasks that were regularly done. I learned many things while working at the church – more... such as fundraising, planning and spending, operating office equipment, and becoming more proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. I also strengthened my communication skills while working at the church. My co-workers are always great we all get along well, it's like a little family in the office. The hardest part of my job was the planning and execution of large events such as fundraisers and big social functions. Though these were the hardest part of my job they were also some of my favorite and most enjoyable tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job though was getting to know the students and making connections with them, as well as getting to know their families. – less
Fun workplace great staff
Volunteer (Current Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: communicating with people
Communicated with people and staff, cleaned, and made sure things were organized for the next day.
Nice place to work...no benefits and only 24 hours per week
Office Manager (Current Employee), Ashland, KYAugust 27, 2013
I need full-time work with benefits. Good atmosphere, low stress. Typical day: I work alone ...know what is expected ..
Its a productive and fun workplace to work.And i also learn alot about Myself.
Custodian (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 23, 2013
Pros: opportunity
It was a great place to work . I got to know a lot of good people there and as of rigth now im still a member there at First Baptist Church .I help out at time as a volunteer worker. In still i find some work maam or sir.
Productive and a fun work environment
Retail Clerk Supervisor (Former Employee), Merrillville, INAugust 15, 2013
Well it was a regular days at most part we did alot of work because it was a big thrift store and there was many things to do. I learned so many things,an example you can never do any thing too fast because you can make a lot of mistakes. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working together because you can also learn a thing or two from your – more... co-workers. – less
Love working with musicians.
Music Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Prague, OKAugust 14, 2013
I was to get music ready for the weekly rehearsals and Sunday worship services. My co-workers were awesome to work with, they were loving people. Their was not a hard part of the job. Loved it.
Church
Assistant Nursery Director (Former Employee), Republic, MOAugust 13, 2013
This was my local church nursery, we only worked during services.
great experience
face painting, and car parking (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYAugust 7, 2013
it was great just way to much running around trying to find out what your doing.
Great summer job
Custodian (Former Employee), Clinton, OKAugust 7, 2013
I worked here for a summer in between semesters at college. I was able to work independently often, and the compliments I received on my work was very encouraging and drove me to continue with an otherwise menial job.
Fun and enjoyable place
Head Teacher (Former Employee), Alice, TXAugust 6, 2013
Pros: part-time and followed the public school calender
Cons: pay and management
A typical day at work was fun and exciting, Each day was unpredictable with the children. You have to sometimes adjust your schedule a little to accommodate the children and their needs. the co-workers and management was not the best and healthiest atmosphere. The hardest part was having to determine how the managements mood and co-workers were going – more... to be for the day. I really enjoyed working with the children and having the opportunity to teach them and make some impact on them whether it be large or small. – less
First Baptist
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, MIJuly 30, 2013
Pros: hours were great and the pay
Cons: you had 300 boss's telling you what needs to be done.. never knew who was the boss.
It was a Great experience working in the Ministry I would love to go back to work for the church again. Never a boring moment their at all.
Provide organ music for congregational worship and choir.
Organist (Current Employee), Cave Spring, GAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: use of musical talent
Church organist for 40 years. Use of my talents as a musician is gratifying.
Working with kids
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Bolivar, MOJuly 18, 2013
Pros: being with kids
Cons: not long enough work hrs
A typical work day , loved my co-workers, enjoyed with the kids and visiting with the mothers when dropping of and picking up kids
Productive and Fun workplace
Activity Organizer (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNJuly 16, 2013
-Early Mornings
-Active Afternoons
-Fun Setting to interact with kids
Productive and Educational Religious Place
Impact Benton (Former Employee), Benton, LAJuly 12, 2013
People are genuine and hardworking. Determined to help people in need.

First Baptist Church Photos