First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church Employer Reviews

Love working with musicians.
Music Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Prague, OKAugust 14, 2013
I was to get music ready for the weekly rehearsals and Sunday worship services. My co-workers were awesome to work with, they were loving people. Their was not a hard part of the job. Loved it.
Church
Assistant Nursery Director (Former Employee), Republic, MOAugust 13, 2013
This was my local church nursery, we only worked during services.
great experience
face painting, and car parking (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYAugust 7, 2013
it was great just way to much running around trying to find out what your doing.
Great summer job
Custodian (Former Employee), Clinton, OKAugust 7, 2013
I worked here for a summer in between semesters at college. I was able to work independently often, and the compliments I received on my work was very encouraging and drove me to continue with an otherwise menial job.
Fun and enjoyable place
Head Teacher (Former Employee), Alice, TXAugust 6, 2013
Pros: part-time and followed the public school calender
Cons: pay and management
A typical day at work was fun and exciting, Each day was unpredictable with the children. You have to sometimes adjust your schedule a little to accommodate the children and their needs. the co-workers and management was not the best and healthiest atmosphere. The hardest part was having to determine how the managements mood and co-workers were going – more... to be for the day. I really enjoyed working with the children and having the opportunity to teach them and make some impact on them whether it be large or small. – less
First Baptist
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, MIJuly 30, 2013
Pros: hours were great and the pay
Cons: you had 300 boss's telling you what needs to be done.. never knew who was the boss.
It was a Great experience working in the Ministry I would love to go back to work for the church again. Never a boring moment their at all.
Provide organ music for congregational worship and choir.
Organist (Current Employee), Cave Spring, GAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: use of musical talent
Church organist for 40 years. Use of my talents as a musician is gratifying.
Working with kids
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Bolivar, MOJuly 18, 2013
Pros: being with kids
Cons: not long enough work hrs
A typical work day , loved my co-workers, enjoyed with the kids and visiting with the mothers when dropping of and picking up kids
Productive and Fun workplace
Activity Organizer (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNJuly 16, 2013
-Early Mornings
-Active Afternoons
-Fun Setting to interact with kids
Productive and Educational Religious Place
Impact Benton (Former Employee), Benton, LAJuly 12, 2013
People are genuine and hardworking. Determined to help people in need.
Great church with great people1
College Ministry Intern (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: relaxed schedule
Cons: not texas
A wonderfully professional staff. Work was always interesting, with new challenges to tackle.
Generationally Challenged Fellowship
Associate Pastor (Former Employee), El Dorado, KSJuly 9, 2013
Was blessed to work with most of the people at FBC for nearly three years. Some were very resistant to change, even if it was the right/successful thing for ministry, which made everything hard to do. Tempered many different committees and managed a very successful, growing ministry. I had many great volunteers and families that were wonderful to work – more... with, though superiors of mine lacked communication, felt out of touch, and very distant during my time of ministry there. – less
Busy place to work.
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJuly 9, 2013
Pros: free dinner on wednesday night.
Cons: had to take down the gym by myself.
Clock-in, set up rooms, carried the trash out, on Wednesday nights I would set up and take down chairs and tables for the meal.
I enjoyed the first manager that I had. The second manager that I had did not see eye-to-eye with myself or many of the members.
My co-workers were great. I worked with them at many, if not all of the events that the church – more... was involved with.
The hardest part of the job was setting up the stage for the Christmas Pageants that were there.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on the faces of the members and guests at the job that I took part in. – less
Good part time job - no stress.
Part time Library employee (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNJuly 7, 2013
Pros: no stress
Cons: not many hours
Excellent place to work. It's just a part time library job. Not much to tell. Simple and basic work. Process books using computer systerm, check in and check out books, answer questions, help locate books, cover books with protective tape.
Work from home
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Carthage, NYJuly 4, 2013
As the Pastor's wife, good to work with my husband - able to accompany him to some meetings and keep the house going at the same time.
Productive spiritual and responsibility teaching kids.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLJune 26, 2013
Pros: community hours.
Cons: none.
First Baptist Church is been my church since i was little kid, which it made it even better to tech kids what i had been thought, In are church we start the day by worshiping God with songs in the worshiping room with all the little kids, after we are done i personally take them to their classes after all the parents sign them in for personal securities. – more... In my class i have boys from ages 9-11, so we start by speaking about our favorite part of the week and we pray to strengthen are life's and for any other reasons, i teach them the lesson of the week and we clean up, until the parents come and sign them out. This is a short period of time i spend in church but is totally worth to take care of this kids which i learn from as much as they learn from me. – less
Invested in the Student Ministry
Youth Worship Leader (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXJune 19, 2013
I invested in the lives of the students by helping their Youth Group be amazing with their Worship. I helped by growing them musically and spiritually.
Great Atmosphere to work in
MINISTRY ASSISTANT TO SENIOR PASTOR (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKJune 16, 2013
Pros: feel like you are making a difference
Cons: alot of pressure
Working for a church is a positive work experience.
You do not have to worry about alot of the drama that goes
on with other places.
Great Place To work
Percussionist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 5, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: na
This is a great place to work...it doens't relaly feel like work when your are doing somthing that you love doing. I staretd playing the drums at the age of 3 and I love being able to play the drum and to obtain compensation at the same time.
The best place I've ever worked.
Student Ministry Intern (Former Employee), Altus, OKJune 5, 2013
Management is great. They value you as an employee and an individual. It is a wonderful Christian environment to work and serve.