First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working there
Secretary/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Smackover, ARJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed working there. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people. I had to make sure that everyone had everything they needed and made sure that everything was stocked up as well.
Great Place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ruidoso, NMJune 22, 2017
Enjoyed working there, but everyone in a church of 300 was your boss....at least they tho't they were! Involved in all aspects of Maintenance & cleaning, set up for special events.
Pros
Flexible Hours, good benefits
Cons
Unreasonable demands by some members
It was judgemental
Assistant Preschool Director (Former Employee) –  100 Washington AveJune 19, 2017
I learned to keep my mouth closed about myself and tr to just do my job. It was typically slow, not a lot to do, basically I did what everyone else didn't want to do.
serving for God
childcare worker/ learning center teacher (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJune 19, 2017
taught children bible verses, changed them, feed them. we did crafts and made things for parents. always seemed very unorganized and bad communication.
Pros
teachers were great
Cons
directors need to learn to communcaite better
Fun place to work in and flexible squedule.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 16, 2017
Love working there because the people there are so nice and friendly. I love getting off work at 1 or 1:30 in the afternoon because I still have a lot of time to take care of errands.
Pros
Flexible Squedule. Go in early and get out early.
Cons
No benefits
Great
Director of WEE School (Former Employee) –  Elberton, GAJune 16, 2017
FBC of Elberton WEE School was an absolute joy to work for. I was well supported by the Pastoral staff during my time there.
Working with children and getting to know their families made my time there so enjoyable.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Income
Positive and uplifting learn a lot about missions and serving others
Music & Wedding Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 15, 2017
All of the ministers are wonderful to work with and for. Training and your service was greatly appreciated. All major holidays off. Pro's the Human Resource Director / Church Admin is very egotistical and pro liberal women rights. NO room for these type of beliefs in a church. She was very much anti men.
Pros
Uplifting and positive fun environment, flexible
Cons
pay and paid benefits
Very Educational experience
Lead Teacher Two Year Olds (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2017
Preparing your lesson plans geared on age appropriate age level activities and a safe learning environment, both safe and fun. Because learning should be fun for all ages. i think nap time was the hardest because there was always a few who had difficulty with nap time. I enjoyed this job very much so, I love working with children, their honest and a joy to be around.
Pros
Security and professional
Cons
rainy days
great employee relationships.
Payroll Coordinator/ HR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2017
No room for growth or advancement within Church organization. Most enjoyable part of the job are the employee bonds and relationship. Nice group of people to work with.
Kiss Butt
Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, KYJune 14, 2017
Unless you did what they said no changes were to be made. We pay your salary, you do what we say. We don't care what God wants. We're in control. Sad that Christian people care so little about their pastor and other members so very little.
Large Southern Baptist Church
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJune 14, 2017
This Church has roughly 6000 Members - each department administrative assistant coordinates as many as 200 volunteers and assists with various events throughout the year.
Great kids
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yadkinville, NCJune 12, 2017
Wonderful children, awful management. Shes all over the place and can't keep an employee. Awful attitude and lazy. The only reason anyone ever quits is because of her, she makes everyone else do the work while she sits on her butt yelling at everyone.
Awesome coworkers and uplifting atmosphere!
Learning Center Preschool Teacher FBC (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJune 10, 2017
Wonderful Christian environment to work in!! It doesn't matter what area of ministry you work with at FBC, they are all amazing. I have experience with the children's ministry and it is fabulous!
This was a volunteer position within my church.
Human Resources Committee Chairperson (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VA 20110June 8, 2017
None of the rating criteria relate to this position. Love and respect the Pastor. I worked with a small group of professionals from private and government mostly via email.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Horrible Environment
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALJune 8, 2017
Parents are not told vital information. Management does not lead a peaceful productive working environment. Employees are overworked and underpaid. Not a good employer.
good summer job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ruidoso, NMJune 6, 2017
I cleaned and did landscaping, not a bad job but hours were not there and it was very temporary position. nice people to work with would recommend as a summer job.
child care
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 5, 2017
I enjoy taking care of children and First Baptist Church allows me to do what I really enjoy . Each Sunday we have fifty children ages one to five year old.
Geat place to work at.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJune 5, 2017
Great place to work at. Great parents, awesome kids, and an awesome staff. The kids were well behaved and well mannered. Great community support. I loved the Christian environment.
Fun place to work at with great people
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY INTERN (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 5, 2017
A typical day consists of mainly taking care of the children. When I am not doing that, I am taking care of projects for upcoming events. Very flexible with your schedule and all around great people.
A variety of tasks makes for a busy day.
FINANCIAL SECRETARY, OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau County, MOJune 2, 2017
Working in a church office is a busy and varied experience. One moment I am working with financial tasks of preparing Purchase Orders or entering data into QuickBooks and the next moment I am helping a member with information they have requested. Phone calls may range from vendor questions to people needing help with bills or help with food or gas. I may be working on the next Sunday's Church Bulletin or I might need to leave to take Purchase Orders or pick up checks from the accountant. It might be time to prepare the media screens for the next Sunday's service. Keeping up with the activities that need to be scheduled in the church's website calendar is sometimes a challenge. Working with six staff members can keep you very busy. Info from all of these needs to be incorporated into the Bulletin or church newsletter. The days are rarely boring. There is always something to be done to keep up with the many different tasks that are involved in a church office.
Pros
Being useful and of service.
Cons
No benefits.