First Busey Corporation Employee Reviews

Loved working in this fun environment with hardworking people
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 15, 2017
Each day I, as well as every other coworker/customer, received a warm welcome coming into the bank. Every bad day would instantly get better coming into work due to the cheerful environment and the customers being happy to see you. The hardest part of the job would have to be letting down a customer if you could not grant their request due to a reason such as no license present when cashing a check or something of that nature. The most enjoyable factor would be the happy customers and getting to know them. My coworkers were phenomenal as well.
Pros
New friends, great hours, friendly customers
Not a fun place to work. Management is underhanded.
Retail/Mortgage Special Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MO 63141April 12, 2017
Prior to merger it was a fun place to work, after merger it became redundant, micromanaged and stressful. I did not learn anything from Busey it was all knowledge I had prior to merger. The hardest part of the job was coming in and the most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Dont get sick because of their mold infested buildings
Teller (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2016
Denied time off for Dr appointments and only offered FMLA towards the end of my medication. I felt I had no choice but to call in for appointments and stick out the worst days at work. I didn't tell them about my poisoning because I felt there would be retaliation. Terminated after the busiest days rush without a care. When I started working at Busey I felt like we were part of a family, but far from it in the end.
Inviting and engaging workplace
Teller (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 27, 2016
The large variety of customers and transactions in a typical work day makes working at Busey an engaging experience. Co-workers and management are kind and helpful.
Fun
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, ILJune 12, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Busey Bank, I loved all my co-workers and managers they were very fun to be around and easy to talk to. I enjoyed being a teller and getting to communicate with a lot of people in the community.
Good Place to work
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILJanuary 17, 2016
Work from 9 am to 6 pm, so good hours. Easy to learn all procedures. Making sales goals is a monthly challenge. Great coworkers and easy to get along with, works as a team. Management really cares about the employees
A Great Place to Work.
SVP, Loan Review, Special Assets (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 25, 2015
A great place to work until they merged with another bank that took over operation of the new bank. I was SVP and head of Loan Review and 9 credit analysts that prepared loan packets for loan committee meetings reported to me. Basically I made management look good to examination teams and was rewarded generously. Shortly after the merger, myself and 50 other Busey associates were released.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Great boss, who gave me freedom to create to loan review function.
A company who truly cares about its employees
Client Services Specialist / IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 29, 2015
While at Busey for over 4 years, I came to understand the culture and management style of this corporation. I discovered how hard this company works to hire, retain, and advance its employees. The leadership truly values the direction of the company based on the success of its employees. I would recommend family and friends to take advantage of any opportunity to work for Busey.
Pros
Great benefits, great atmosphere of people to work along side of
Great work enviroment
Bank Operations (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 20, 2015
I work in a great location with a great group of individuals. I think that Busey promotes a good work/life balance, and that, generally, people really enjoy working here.
Excellent place to get started in banking!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILJuly 18, 2015
Even though I only spent a few months at Busey, I'm glad I began my teller experience there! They have an incredible training method that is extensive and appeals to various learning styles. As a well established financial institution, they know how to keep their staff well informed of regulations. Busey also cares deeply about their customers, and makes sure the staff is always learning new ways to make the customer happy. There is also a lot of opportunity to move up at Busey, which is great.
Review
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 8, 2015
Great place to start out. Very low pay. I loved banking and I learned a lot. I was able to move up during my time there. The one mistake they made that will always cause them to have high turnover with tellers is that they made the position a sales position.
fun, busy, up beat place to work
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 26, 2015
Working at Busey was alot of fun it was hard work and it was crazy busy sometimes but i liked it. days went by fast

during the work shift i would take in large sums of money, give out money from a customers account, open, close, and help people wih accounts, make credit cards, and get clients to open new accounts.
Decent place to work
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILApril 13, 2015
The company gets too caught up in pushing sales and can cause customer service to suffer. Working with customers is definitely the highlight. A decent company to work for but it also depends on management of which they tend to cycle through.
Pros
Free accounts
Cons
Stressful environment
Excellent place of employment
Special Assets Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Officer/Specal Assets Administrative AssistantMarch 31, 2015
I learned a great deal about the Banking Industry while working at Busey Bank. They provided many opportunities for training and advancement. Employees are treated great.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Great place to work.
Vice President Private Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 30, 2015
I learned a lot and enjoyed my time there. I was fortunate to be able to spend a lot of time with our customers. The only problem was that there were always layoffs. There was no job security. It was very disheartening when everyone in my department was laid off except for me and another employee.
Pros
Great management
Enthusiastic work enviornment.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 26, 2015
People are very friendly here.
There is a lot of turn over and many opportunities to advance.
Wide variety of responsibilities and tasks going on all at once, multi-tasking and prioritizing are skills to master here.
Front line to customers.
Problem solve majority of the day.
Pros
Fun, always have something to do, rewarding
Cons
Does not pay well enough for the amount of work you do, policies to stay updated with, information to know, and how much you keep track of each day.
High paced working environment
Part-time Commercial Teller (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 7, 2014
an interesting place to learn about finances and customer relations.
Nice place to work with good compensation
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLNovember 11, 2014
Taking care of customer financial needs. Bank transactions and opening various account types. People were for the most part very friendly and hard working. Most difficult part of the job being drumming up new business. Quiet and hard working atmosphere. Management definitely was a plus. Very adaptable with work schedule. Learned a lot while working for Busey Bank. Good place to start a financial career.
Pros
Earnings
Cons
Not busy enough.
Good place to work, weak on compensation.
Vice President, Mortgage Lending (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 15, 2014
Too much was placed on cross selling. Not enough resources placed on mortgage loans.
Great Job to Get Your Foot in the Door
Customer Support Online Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 2, 2014
Any call center environment is going to have a burn-out phase after about two years however if you are wanting to get your foot in the door of the bank without being a teller this is the area to go.
Management is good and the co-workers are like family.
You do have to have sales initiate to meet the goals. If you do not meet your goals there's a good chance you will be written up/dismissed after a period of time.
Pros
Great co-workers, management
Cons
On the phone constantly with customers, have to use "not ready" time any time you are off the phone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Busey Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

First Busey Corporation Reviews by Location