First Call Resolution

First Call Resolution Employer Reviews

Fun and relaxed
Customer Service (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORAugust 6, 2014
Pros: fun and relaxed atmosphere
Cons: drama
Depending on what client group you worked for, the environment of the call center was light hearted and fun.
This was the best experience for learning true customer service and giving the customer service rep the power to help a customer in any way possible without a supervisor's permission (within reason).
My co-workers were the best. Great team support.
The – more... hardest part of the job sometimes was high school drama that would occur. Gossiping and back stabbing, and sometimes management would not be honest with employees as they should be. – less
FCR for review
CSR (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORJuly 21, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch breaks, employee controlled payed breaks.
Cons: long hours, difficult consumers, sometimes harsh managers.
I for the most part enjoyed working at FCR. The training was extensive, and paid for. They provided us with the necessary skills to assist Nintendo consumers with their product issues. My co-workers for the most part were enjoyable, and did not prevent me from doing my job. The hardest part of the job was fulfilling Nintendo's form requirements, as – more... well as saying the correct verbiage during a consumer phone call. This company does require 10 hours work days from it's Nintendo employee's, and while the hours were great I did find it difficult to work such long hours, multiply times a week. – less
Best place to work in Roseburg
Nintendo, Consumer Service Representative and Lead (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORJuly 13, 2014
They have an approachable and easy to talk to management staff, competitive wages and a fun atmosphere.
Worst company I ever worked for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORJune 12, 2014
Pros: if you can make it two years you qualify for profit sharing.
Cons: you name it. bad head sets. incompetent management. angry customers.
A typical day of work would consist of get on the phone to take calls. Most of the calls are complaints and angry people yelling at you.

The training was incomplete and taught by people that worked on the account instead of a training department. Training material that would assist the CSR were never given out. The calls are people that are filing – more... initial claims, but the overwhelming majority are call back from people complaining about not hearing back on their claims or lies that the company has you tell them.

Supervisor are not helpful and don't do their jobs. People don't show up for work on time. However most of the people you work with are great.

Most enjoyable part of the job was going home at the end of the day. – less
Fun co workers and management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Coos Bay, ORApril 9, 2014
Pros: its in town and close to places to eat during lunch
Cons: with any call center you have those bad calls sometimes.
The people around that you work with are amazing. Every day is a pleasure to see all the faces in there and be greeted with a friendly hello. Everyone care for you as more then a co worker but as a friend as well. They really try and work with you.
A falsified reality of FCR
Customer Service (Current Employee), Veneta, ORFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free food and theme days
Cons: training is insufficient, floor support is not properly trained to assist cs employees, high turnover rate, poor management, inadequate feelings as an employee, false information given about the company
The company builds you up so you are psyched and ready to get on the floor, but then all of the glitches come up, you get inadequate training, no phone prep, and put on the floor with lack of every skill you should to be prepared to take on the task.

Then the phone calls come in. Some are delightful people and resolutions are easy. Others are very – more... complex and require more work but still can resolved with more time put forth.

But the worst is when you get callers on the line that use you as their point of anger, verbally abuse you, assault you verbally in degrading ways (making you feel less as a person) and no matter the effort you put forth in assisting them, you are still worthless as you are an employee of the company they are calling to complain about.

The expectations for your calls times are nearly impossible if you are dealing with a difficult situation (especially if you don't have the proper training to be more efficient), you get extremely low scores on email responses because the survey sent is "how likely are you to recommend Airbnb" and not "how was the customer service you received;" so if you helped them and they were happy with what you did, but still upset with the company, expect zeros across the board. This will then lead to "coaching" and possibly no raises or room for advancement.

Management is severely lacking. The need for properly trained floor support is just not there. Promotions are happening to people who are illy prepared to take on the task of so many new employees at a new location, who have also suffered an insufficient amount of training.

The turn over rate is numbers that no company should have, and this falls on everything I have stated above. These people are only making it on the floor a few short days, or weeks, and then quitting.

The team members who remain (which might only be for a short time) become more like a small nit community; the only positive you can see thus far.

I have yet to find the joy in this job. This has created a severe amount of stress on ones shoulders and can have an effect on you mentally.

Also if you think you will get promoted, expect it to be very biased on many things, and your real core value and worth to be overshadowed by favoritism and frankly sexist.

And by all means, if you are seriously sick, do not call in. Come in and infect the whole office because if you call in due to illness, that shows poor work ethic. And do not expect to be sent home either. So come in with your mask and take those calls, even if it means coughing and sneezing, or throwing up during a call. Or heck, all three at once!

If you expect to learn anything, do not expect this to come from training as it will just not happen.

If you are willing to learn on your own, can handle "the man" looking over your shoulder with scrutiny, get less than adequate pay, are given unrealistic expectations, be lied to, and be stuck in a cubicle suffering a fate that leaves you in limbo; by all means apply. – less
Great Managers
NOA: Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day at work here is sitting down and taking calls from people that don't know how to set up their wii, we fix their issues and go onto the next. Rinse and repeat until the end of your shift.
Dependable hours and employment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Grants Pass, ORFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: always available hours, room for advancement, choice of schedule.
Cons: a lot of considerations for being laid off, salary is very low.
FCR is a great place to have experience in different departments. If there is a ramping period, you have the opportunity to transfer to another program depending on your reliability and attendance. Its great being able to provide a trustworthy service to my customers and letting them go satisfied with my services. With these departments I have learned – more... many skills with phones, emails, chats, and social media. I have learned how to manage time to swiftly assist customers and how to work as a team with my fellow employers. – less
Customer Care Agent for Nintendo of America
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Coos Bay, ORFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: pick your shifts
Cons: ?
I would take inbound calls for Nintendo of America. Trouble shoot Nintendo consoles, games and accesseries. I learned a lot about Nintendo and Customer Service. Management was punctual and ontime. Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was leaving. Best part of the job was working with all the nintendo products.
First Call Resolution
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORNovember 15, 2013
Pros: consistent pay schedule
Cons: unsafe working conditions, attendance program is flawed
I did enjoy working for FCR but I was unable to move forward in the company like I wanted because there was just not enough room to grow.

Also their attendance system is flawed and they do not account for medical emergencies.
Relaxed yet challenging work environment.
Tech support Representative/CSR (Former Employee), Roseburg OregonAugust 5, 2013
Pros: great hours, good benefits, and good coworkers.
Cons: location.
A normal day at work involved taking calls for upwards to 12 different companies and troubleshooting customers technical or service related issues. I learned almost everything that I know about customer service and tech support working this job, and I loved working there.

Employees were move to different office positions regularly, so you didn't often – more... see the same people everyday for more than a month or so. This was overall a good thing. You would get to know most everyone in the call center that supported the same clients that you did so if you had any questions you could usually find help from a co-worker, and you got the opportunity to meet a large variety of people.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was that you needed to learn new concepts everyday, to keep up with the fast changing environment. I truly enjoy this type of work. – less
Its a job.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORJune 16, 2013
Pros: long lunches, vending machines in the building with food, and caffeinated beverages.
Cons: poor health environment, lopsided chain of command, high turnover rate due to ramping down all the time.
With an off balance line of supervisors, often multiple companies managed by one, and a high seasonal ramp down of employees, this company is only good for a temporary job.
Some companies are over staffed giving too few hours to compensate, some are under staffed, putting a large workload on the smaller teams.

High rate of spreading diseases being – more... very close quarters, and people coming in when they are too sick to work. – less
The most enjoyable work environment I have expierenced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Roseburg, ORJune 5, 2013
When first becoming part of the FCR team, I was nervous about taking the calls and dealing with customers that I could not see. FCR made all of those fears disappear within the training course. They taught me excellent customer service skills, such as deescalating customers, that I will take to every career I have.
Very well trained in customer service.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORMay 22, 2013
Pros: everyday was different, fun and exciting.
Cons: some of your co-workers not so professional.
Enjoyed working here.. Had a chance to speak with a variety of people dealing with vacation rentals. Was a great place to work.
Great Learning Experiance
Supervisor, Nintendo program & Phone agent (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORMay 4, 2013
Pros: medical benefits and profit sharing
Cons: micro management
Most positions are for inbound call taking. The atmosphere is positive and there are many things you can learn while working there.
Dead end Job. Lots of promises and no follow through.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORMay 3, 2013
Pros: inside, desk job.
Cons: trying to do the impossible for minimum wage.
This is a good job if you want to get yelled at every day by customers of companies with very bad public relations and technical support. You want to get paid the least amount possible with no room for advancement, and you don't like feeling appreciated for the grueling work you do every day. The average span of employment at this company is around – more... 6 months. – less
Did Not like working here.
Nintendo WiFi Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORMarch 13, 2013
A day at work would be talking on phone all day with people that dont know how to connect their internet. I learned great communication skills. The managnement was poor and they did not help employee's with problems. My co-workers were great and I loved chit chatting with them while we waited for calls. The hardest part of the job was sitting for 8 – more... hours. The enjoyable part was having an hour long lunch. – less

April 15, 2013

I share your opinion. After talking to management about my disability, concessions were agreed on after 2 weeks they took back the concessions without talking to me about it and told me there was nothing that could be done. The schedule comes out Friday to tell you what you work the next morning, Saturday. Scheduling daycare was almost impossible. I don't quit things, but I had to quit after almost 6 months because it gave me an ulcer, and I had a nervous breakdown.

Being a Supervisor at a multiple cliented Call Center
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Roseburg OregonJanuary 26, 2013
When at First Call Resolution a typical day consisted of first checking for all, or any client updates, or sudden changes in protocol that had to be brought attention to all CSR's at a faced paced training level. Role call, queue volume, client contacts, and takingy care of escalated customer contacts. The clients varied, but my starting postistion – more... was with a small pre paid cell phone company that used Sprint Network. I quickly learned the value of Legendary customer service and began to move up the ranks with ease. As Supervisor I also assessed agents for thier wage increases which was a challenging task having work so closely with the idividuals on my team. I learned to become a great leader from great leaders at FCR. Screaming customers was the only bad thing to deal with, otherwise I got excited when the paced picked up and it was time run the floor. – less
NIce work enviroment
Nintendo Call Rep (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORDecember 22, 2012
Taking many phone calls and working on costumers. Nice work environment. Fun managers.
Good honest job.
Rep (Current Employee), Coos BayDecember 15, 2012
Pros: upbeat attitude and positive environment
Cons: none really, do your job and get paid for it.
I like working here, it supports my income while I work on my degree. Benefit package is good and pay is on level with a first time job. Management makes genuine effort to meet the needs of the staff.