FIRST CALL STAFFING Employee Reviews

temp agency
Front desk Clerk (temp) (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 12, 2016
a company that likes for employees to grow with in a company.. very good leads and very flexible. very good custome service. always need people for leads and temps jobs
Was a fun first job.
Line assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 11, 2016
Mainly just washed cars all day. Learned how they do it. Management wasn't very good. Co-workers was okay to get along with.
Pros
Not far from home
Cons
Wasnt there long enough.
hard work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Rushville, INMarch 18, 2016
management was fair. played favorites with certain employees. it made for a quick day since we worked so fast. horrible insurance and no raises in pay until the employer hired you full time.
Great helping hand
Tractor Supply Company (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, INJanuary 26, 2016
first call is a place that really cares about getting people to work. I was convicted of a felony in 2013 and released in late 2014. With this it was very hard to find a job when I was released. First call got me straight to work and in march it will a year straight of decent jobs.
Pros
good jobs
Cons
temp. jobs
Great Agency
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 6, 2015
I've been working for First Call for a little over a year. This agency has exceeded my expectations. I have worked as a receptionist through them for two different companies and both experiences have been great. A typical work day is productive and things always run smoothly. I've learned about the automotive industry and car sales. I've also learned how to control a switchboard with ease and attend to multiple tasks at once without forgetting anything. I have yet to be micromanaged and co-workers are always positive and kind. The hardest part of the job is dealing with extremely belligerent customers at times, the most enjoyable part of the job is making other people smile and tending to their needs, especially when requested with respect.
Pros
hour lunch, positive and professional atmoshpere
Cons
low pay for some assignments
ok
Quality inspection of Mercedes suspension parts (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNAugust 9, 2015
The company we worked for suddenly ended our contract without notice then when we called the agency there was no jobs available
first call
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2015
found me a job quickly and I was able to flourish in a matter of days! Good customer service skills shown there. this job helped me grow as a person and realize my flaws.
Sort through parts
Sort thur parts (temp service) (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 6, 2015
We had to sort through the parts to make sure they was good before we sent them to the company that needed them. We also had to put foam on some of them before we sent them out.
Pros
listen to music
Cons
short break and had to stand the whole time.
Productive and fun place to work
Office Assistant/Receptionist/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Fun place to work. managers and coworkers treat you as family
staffing agency
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 30, 2014
First call Staffing placed me in Interstate Warehouse. I was only with First Call Staffing for 4 months before Interstate hired me on.
It's okay
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 20, 2014
it's no different from any other staffing place. the staff is nice.
Pros
help find you a job
Cons
never know how long the job will last
Great People
Administrative / Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 8, 2014
This company is very small. Too small to say much without revealing who I am. No thanks.
Pros
close knit group
Cons
no job security
Fast paced and enjoyable position
On Site Coordinator/ HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed my position, I was always busy and enjoyed working with my coworkers and my employees, that I worked with on a daily basis.
Extremely rude employees, but quick placement for short term jobs.
Contingent Associate (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 5, 2014
Janelle at the First Call location in Muncie is incredibly rude, and she'll be the one setting you up with where you'll be placed, however, you will be placed into locations that will lay off all of their temp workers and be left in the dark as you get moved to the very back of the queue in first calls list.
Won't recommend to my worst enemy
So called machine operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2014
Lied to,and manipulated. They took 30 dollars out of my check for drug screen and background. I thought I was the one that was suppose to get paid. Long term to them is 30 days. When they cancelled assignment they pretend that they're going to find work for you as they start reducing your pay rate. What a waste of time. Watch out for those BS tests that they start to give you.
Cons
they wouldn't know the truth if it was staring them in the face
Poor Staffing Company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 2, 2014
Let go after 3 days. Promises made and lied to by Superviser. There is no backing by Contract House to secure position, even for 90 days. Stay away, because companies use this Contract House, to filter employees, 3 days is not a fair assessment. People are nervous, and are on the edge of their seats...
Cons
stressful, and no security!!!
It was very hard working two jobs a day.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJuly 28, 2014
A typical day would be starting at NSK work eight hours, then go to Rexam and work ten hours, did this for 3 days then had a day off. I learned how to work on little to no sleep, and did it the right way. My managers were ok, but not very friendly. My co-workers helped me more than the manager, and they were amazing. The hardest part was getting used to my work schedual, and the most enjoyable part was meeting some of my closest friends today.
Pros
meeting wounderful people.
Cons
my manager wasn't very helpful.
Great and organized employer.
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 29, 2014
I enjoy working for this company. They try their hardest to match you with work according to your availability.
Pros
above average pay for cna's
Cons
the distance to travel to a case can be very far and they dont give gas for mileage.
Temporary Assignment
Temporary Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 14, 2014
Duties: Temporary Assignment varies Customer Service to Receptionist.
Pros
they kept me working.
Temp Agency
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 3, 2014
Great company, Temp Agency without benefit and no room for advancement. The staff was wonderful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIRST CALL STAFFING. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9