FIRST CALL STAFFING Employee Reviews

great company
Administrative Clerk & Information Desk (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 15, 2017
I love working for them full time or part time. Everybody's in the office is so nice and always ready to help you out. I love doing temp work for them.
Pros
temp.
Benefits
Very nice staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmond okAugust 8, 2017
Of all the agencies I have worked for First Call is the best! They are very understanding and they stand by their values. They REALLY care about their employees and their clients! Just a tip, DON NOT take a shift and then cancel it. That is a golden rule, do not take a shift and not commit to it.
Pros
Good staff, good pay
Great pkace to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2017
I loved working there. The people were very sweet. I just couldn't keep reliable transportation at the time. Other than that I would love to work for another staffing company. I live Cna work but I wish we could get paid what we are worth.
Pros
You make a pretty good check in a weeks time
Cons
Most places dont accept you because you are staffing and treat you horrible.
Good job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYMay 8, 2017
The job was great I had just graduate high school, and it was a very good job to get seeing that I had just graduate high school. My coworker where the best at this job.
Pros
I loved inspecting axles
Cons
N/a
Enjoyable
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHMay 4, 2017
First call staffing is just the temporary placement for a factory named gti I enjoyed working thru them. They make sure you are taken care of for everything you need.
I liked this job, especially the location
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 25, 2017
This was an interesting job at Wood's Distribution, which I was hired on through the temp agency First Call. I loved the job we just pull the proper supplies needed for the trucks and whether the trucks came or not they did not send us home.
Pros
Very close to my home
Cons
They change your job title but not pay accordingly
great place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2017
great place, very flexible, could accept and refuse any job I wanted, pay is great, benefits are not good but that's to be expected, staff was great, pay was good.
Friendly, helpful and good for work
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Many job assignments, staff are very friendly and always helping employees seek the right job. I would recommend this job to people who are trying to expanded their employment resume.
Pros
Keeps you busy.
Cons
some short term assignments may occur.
very low level of job security
Inspector, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNFebruary 7, 2017
Overall it was a good company to work for of course, as with all Staffing/temp agencies It was hard to get established because assigbments didn't last long
Wasn't the best temp service
Production (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJanuary 11, 2017
Wouldn't recommend. I was placed in a production job at a warehouse, the warehouse employees, weren't very friendly and treated you as if you WERE disposable.
Pros
Free Samples
Cons
Samples not given out to temps
Temp Agency
Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 4, 2016
If you like production, warehouse, distribution centers this would be the spot for you. Managements not all that good, but the co-workers help move the day along.
very honest reliable company
Inspector, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNNovember 14, 2016
First Call Staffing was a great company to work for in the years I was working for them they never did me wrong they were always looking out for positions for me I am grateful for them
Pros
dedicated to employee
Cons
short term positions
Honest family oriented business. Great place to work.
On-Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Muncie, IN 47304October 27, 2016
My time with First call was first rate. Very professional, great support and genuinely concerned about employee success. I worked as an on site Coordinator which can be very remote. I was blessed with the local support staff that continually in touch with me as to my needs out in the field. Great Regional Manager and Branch Coordinators.
temp agency
Front desk Clerk (temp) (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 12, 2016
a company that likes for employees to grow with in a company.. very good leads and very flexible. very good custome service. always need people for leads and temps jobs
Was a fun first job.
Line assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 11, 2016
Mainly just washed cars all day. Learned how they do it. Management wasn't very good. Co-workers was okay to get along with.
Pros
Not far from home
Cons
Wasnt there long enough.
hard work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Rushville, INMarch 18, 2016
management was fair. played favorites with certain employees. it made for a quick day since we worked so fast. horrible insurance and no raises in pay until the employer hired you full time.
Great helping hand
Tractor Supply Company (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, INJanuary 26, 2016
first call is a place that really cares about getting people to work. I was convicted of a felony in 2013 and released in late 2014. With this it was very hard to find a job when I was released. First call got me straight to work and in march it will a year straight of decent jobs.
Pros
good jobs
Cons
temp. jobs
Great Agency
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 6, 2015
I've been working for First Call for a little over a year. This agency has exceeded my expectations. I have worked as a receptionist through them for two different companies and both experiences have been great. A typical work day is productive and things always run smoothly. I've learned about the automotive industry and car sales. I've also learned how to control a switchboard with ease and attend to multiple tasks at once without forgetting anything. I have yet to be micromanaged and co-workers are always positive and kind. The hardest part of the job is dealing with extremely belligerent customers at times, the most enjoyable part of the job is making other people smile and tending to their needs, especially when requested with respect.
Pros
hour lunch, positive and professional atmoshpere
Cons
low pay for some assignments
ok
Quality inspection of Mercedes suspension parts (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNAugust 9, 2015
The company we worked for suddenly ended our contract without notice then when we called the agency there was no jobs available
productive and fun place to work at 3m
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2015
i never knew that ear plugs were made out of liquid until i started working there it amazed me how that procedure worked until i worked there plus the work atmosphere was pleasant
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
long hours but they were ok