FIRST CALL Employee Reviews

Never guarenteed shifts but you also get to decide when you work
Assist residents (Current Employee) –  VariesAugust 31, 2017
It was a decent place to work for control over your own work schedule. Te amount of work fluctuated. Some weeks i was getting 40 hrs and others i wasnt getting but one shift per week.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Not always guarenteed 40 hrs per week
Productive, informative and helful to communities
Bilingual Information & Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2017
Very interesting place to work, community oriented. Learned a lot about community resources and trainings. Many fundraising events. Also learned a lot about putting together resources directory, community events and trainings. Attended lots of trainings and traveled to many organizations
Pros
very educational
Cons
Problems with funding
Great Company, they pay well.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2017
I worked for First Call for five years and they sent me to a lot of different hospitals and nursing homes and doctors offices. I gained a lot of experience by working for them.
Pros
They paid really well
Cons
not many benefits, if any.
stressful job
Information and Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNMay 30, 2017
This is a very stressful job. Working for a crisis line was hard. Listening to everyone's problems and dealing with your own was hard. There are a lot of sources available to people in need.
First Call Review Summary
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 25, 2017
I loved my time at First Call. I was given supervision at least once a week and was able to debrief with other coworkers when needed. A typical day at work for my practicum was with the clinical staff, which consisted mainly with the 24/7 Crisis Hotline. This required us to take calls from people who are in a crisis and need referrals for alcohol / drug services. We also do recovery advocacy and meet with clients to walk through their recovery with them.
Pros
Free CEUs
review
Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  Emporium, PAFebruary 22, 2017
I worked first shift, which was nice, but we often got sent home during the week because of a lack of work, then we would have to come in on the weekends to catch up.
Hard work but worth while.
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJanuary 22, 2017
It was a summer job while I was home for the break from college in Gaylord Michigan. It was just a standard roofing job that involved shingling and replacing roofs with the occasional door placement and wall repair.
Productive work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 14, 2016
We come into work and open the building. Than we log into computers clock in and start on our typical day. By checking messages and making sure all our clients have workers coming to their houses and if they dont we make sure we can find someone to come help them.
Excellent Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 14, 2016
I can't say enough good about this place. I was a receptionist in the office. We owned and managed shopping malls. They gave me my break and took a chance on me and opened many doors after my time there!
Pros
Great atmoshpere
Cons
Downsized
A very reputable company to work for as well as a company of customer satisfaction.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Russell Springs, KYFebruary 2, 2016
The job was very rewarding and an extremely easy job, most of the time. Working a shift and running a shift consisted of the inspection of as many parts as could be checked in a shift. Our supervisor coordinated with other quality personal at that plant, to accomplish the job sort. I loved that we worked in different various plants as defects in parts where found, we where called.
Pros
Experience that you gain and a fair company to work for that cares for their employees.
Cons
There can be a lack of work in certain area's/laid off several times
Great Job
PSS Agent (Verizon Tech Coach) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2015
Had a great experience working with the practice. I had a a lot of fun and lots of new stuff that I can now apply to new jobs. Well worth all the time that I spent with the practice. It was sad to go.
Pros
Hour lunches and lunch brought in
Great Experience
Dispatcher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 15, 2015
Working at First Call was a great experience for me. This journey allow me to enhance my current skills and knowledge professionally.
Pros
Learned more skills to enhance my current knowledge
Cons
Career Pathing
Short assignments
Temporary machine operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 20, 2015
Temporary work, low pay, not a very exciting or welcoming experience. Stressful and unpredictable. Very limited availability, and little to no room for advancement.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
It is temporary
Rewarding if you stay true to patient care.
Advance Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 5, 2015
It is a company that is rebuilding its foundations and trying to make employment more enjoyable. First call will use you as you much as you are available without question or concern.
an excellent place to work
Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2015
First Call is an excellent place to work. the staff works hard to work with the staff member. there are not enough good things to say about First Call. If I wanted to continue working in hospice First Call is the company I'd work for.
Pros
everything is positive
Cons
there are no cons
First Call
Quality Checker (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work -Good &fun
what you learned-working on different type of machines
Co-Workers- Nice
Hardest Part About The Job - Nothing
Temp Work
First Call Temp (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INMarch 17, 2015
It's not full time work. You may work one day or many months. Pay sucks along with benefits. It's ok for part time work. No job security!
Family work atmospher
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 11, 2015
a typical day at work is busy. There was always something to do. It was fun talking to the residents. The hardest part of the job was loosing a resident.
Fast paced
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Great part time job. Management works around personal schedule. Low pay. Good coworkers. I enjoy working with the customers. Company vehicle for deliveries.
Good/nice people
Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day was a twelve hour shift with only one break for lunch. I learned more from the workers than I did from management.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Long hours with limited to no breaks.