FIRST CASH FINANCIAL SERVICES Employee Reviews

Fun, lots of walking and standing
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 9, 2017
You will be on the go all day long. Helping customers with goods and services. You will have daily,weekly and monthly goals. (Sales)

What I enjoyed the most was the commission. You get what you give. If you are motivated by sales you will do GREAT.
Thanks,
AP
Great place to work and Learn
Local Store Manager/Area Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 4, 2017
This is a great job for those interesting in the financial industry and looking to learn new process and skills. I learned how to test jewelry and gold and appraise their worth. I learned account management, customer service and strengthened my communications skills. It was a great job before my time in the Marine Corps and was an excellent job when I returned home, back into the civilian world. I left because I was offered a much higher paying career but had I not been given that chance, I would have been there a long time. The management was great, hours good and the over-all atmosphere of the company was very friendly.
Worst
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 7, 2017
Management is horrible does not listen to their employees, each day was stressful, the workers in the store are awesome, the management needs etiquette classes
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
People cussing you out
Auditor
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2017
Great environment, customer service, pay,schedule. Also has good benefits for employees with family's. Great rewards,and job advance with in the company.
Poor management, no support
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 28, 2017
For such a large organization, the support they provide to management is minimal at best. No training curriculum for new hires, yet they are expected to perform flawlessly from day one. Facilities are poorly maintained.
Work
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2017
The company is not very good for job advancement. The pay and benefits are very basic, but are in line with the industry.
Work is very production based with limited opportunities for cross training.
Learned a lot about the business and how to give great customer service,!
Field Legal Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2017
I very much enjoyed working with the friendly and helpful co-workers and department heads of other departments in the company both up and down the corporate ladder. I loved doing my job and learning about the business, its processes, and the needs of our customers and seeing to it that the needs of our customers were met. I had the opportunity to meet and speak to many kind professional people who took their role in the company seriously and also enjoyed servicing their customers, both internally and externally. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to extend heartfelt kindness to so many people. It felt good to be able to assist so many co-workers in the field and help customers resolve their issues with the company.The company is a good company to work for with a great corporate culture and friendly smiling people, most of whom treated each other with respect and understood and respected personal boundaries and good professional ethics and teamwork. With that said, department heads should be more closely monitored by their superiors to assure ethical and professional behavior.
Pros
Great corporate co-workers in other departments. Great benefits
very bussy enviroment never borring
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  s. buss 121 hwy Lewisville, TxApril 25, 2017
Responsibility on a very busy area is a daily challenge, always check your surroundings before entering the promises, organize and manage business keep up to date work place, give information to detectives and police department if required and receive armor car with cash order for office.
Pros
Cons
never can go out for lunch.
Long hours little flexibility.
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
Early mornings and late nights! Pay is not worth it but exposed to alot of development. Revolving door is very high rate , upwards of 8 of 10 people staying longer than 2 years.
new adventures everyday
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 22, 2017
easy going company. fast growing company. fast promotions. getting to know a lot of people everyday. everyday is a learning experience in pawns, sales, layaways,gun handling etc.
productive
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJanuary 2, 2017
everyone here was nice and easy to get along with, learned so much from working with everyone. Boss was very easy to get along with enjoyed working with everyone
Advancement is favoritism only half the new hires know nothing yet get faster advancement opportunities
Pawn Broker (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 19, 2016
It a good place to work at love it only cons is the fear tactics the supervisor use and there favoritism half the people who get promoted are complete idiots
Pros
Commission some good benefits
Cons
Supervisor favoritism stupid rules
Learning Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  223 w hurst bldJuly 29, 2016
Working for this company was a learning experience and I enjoyed every minute of it. The responsibilities involved made me sharper and I look forward to growing in my next learning endeavors. I hope to become a supervisor
Pros
great pay, fast pace, commissions
Cons
Team effort for indivisual commissions!
Needs to retain more employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 17, 2015
needs to work on letting new hires know that there are sales involved and if numbers are not met that you can and will lose your job if not fixed
decent pay, micro managed
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXNovember 16, 2015
Decent pay, need better management. No benefits and raises are not much. No room for advancement. Supervisors gossip right along with the employees. This would be a really great place to work if they start with a new group of supervisors.
Fun but Impossible
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 12, 2015
Dealing with the majority of the customer's is a fun experience. Meeting the budget/sales expectations or lose your job is tough.
They ruined my work place.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 27, 2015
First Cash bought our company which was a great place but now it's abandon ship. We went from an modern computer system to a system that hardly works and is completely out of date. Lot's of micromanagement to the point it slows business and upsets customers. We went from paid holidays to health insurance to none. Management plays favorites and looking for any reason to fire anyone that is not part of the good ol' boys.
Good company to work for although salaries are low compared to other companies
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 9, 2014
It is always a busy day, there is some down time depending on what is going on at the stores. One plus is having great co-workers and in our department good bosses. This is what keeps most people motivated even though pay is low in comparison to other companies this helps make up for it. Not to much room for advancement, unless you work at the stores.
Pros
Great Co-workers, good morale
Cons
Low pay
Skills
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXMay 20, 2014
Meeting or exceeding all daily, weekly and monthly production goals. A successful collector thriving off of a competitive environment and will participate in challenging others into becoming successful as a team. Reviewing accounts on a daily basis and maintaining all work queue and desk assignments.
Leadership Non-Existent
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 21, 2014
This company is one of the worst companies anyone could ever work for. Upper management lacks leadership & have turned into greed mongers. Nothing matters but making that all mighty dollar with no regard for anyone else. Their attitude is "If you don't like it, there's the door." The benefits are one of the worsts, especially the insurance is one of the worst insurance plans anyone could have. The company uses some special kind of coding to provide the cheapest insurance possible for it's employees. It's not like the company is hurting for money & just recently have started cutting corners to have more money in their pockets. Within the last two years, four key employees who are critical to their daily function, and have been with the company more than 5 years have left their IT Department. That doesn't speak much for the person over the IT Department as a whole.
Pros
Casual environment. maybe too cold.
Cons
Benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIRST CASH FINANCIAL SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

FIRST CASH FINANCIAL SERVICES Reviews by Location