First Choice Community Health Centers Employee Reviews

Bait and switch
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCOctober 20, 2017
They really know how to hire for one position, then quickly switch you to another without the know how or skills to be doing it. I advise anyone who has a license to not fall into this trap. The management could use a conplete overhaul, as they are very condescending and lack professionalism and know how to run a professional doctors office. This is evidenced by the constant turn over and empty parking lot. It's sad to see such a good concept of helping the community go to waste because of the way the CEO runs it. Also, your hard earned training is not reflected in your pay, so keep it moving!
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Management, benefits, no job security, terrible pay
i liked helping the elderly
Sitter/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 7, 2016
working with the elderly i enjoyed very much and meeting all kinds of people on my job a great experience and doing something i liked to do which was helping and taking care of the elderly everyday.
Pros
good pay and working with the elderly
Cons
Great Place for patients- stop complaining!
Contracted Employee (Former Employee) –  First Choice Community Health CentersNovember 3, 2016
I am a contracted employee of First Choice and I am truly impressed with the leadership. The CEO is genuinely concerned about the patients and the community. Numerous hours are spent to address the mission of First Choice. From what I have witness and partake, the turnovers is obvious due to the lack of dedication and loyalty of the staff. Most of them complain about the least little thing instead of appreciating the opportunity they have. Most of the employees are loyal to each other instead of the organization. Not much is asked of them but it is always a gripe session that's not necessary. Maybe one day they can work for an organization that won't hold them accountable. The CEO is truly a stickler for policy and procedures and one should be if you are leading an organization. If you are interested in working for an organization that believes in making a difference then First Choice is the place for you. If you are lazy and want to do things your way instead of adhering to the policies and procedures, then keep looking.
Pros
Great Leadership and opportunities for professional growth
Cons
Disgruntle employees- better screening of potential employees
It is a terrible place to work and I would never recommend them to a friend
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCOctober 29, 2016
I worked for First Choice Community Health System for 7 months. While employed with them I saw over 20 people leave. Management and the CEO are poor as far as management. The CEO is the biggest problem with this organization. When I worked there she had no idea on how to discipline someone. She runs the place like a boot camp and a prison. I would never recommend this company as a good place to work. The business has a lot of potential and it is a great thing for the community but in order for this company to thrive they need to replace the CEO and also improve management. The board of directors have no idea on what is going on with this company. The CEO leads them to believe that everything is great but it is the worse place to work.
Mediocre Organization
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Angier, NCAugust 20, 2016
Fcchc is a workplace that always needs a turnaround...but why? The organization is always changing. Employees feel the place isn't stable enough. Pay is mediocre. Management is mediocre. When employees speak of change the managerial result is mediocre. This isn't a place for professional who truly care about patients.
Pros
N\a
Cons
Mediocre
**Consider alternatives
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCAugust 1, 2016
I overlooked every warning that was given when I started this search. I wish now that I would have taken time to read the reviews of the company beforehand. They ensure you that the company is "developing" or going through "changes" and to be patient. Well the overall idea of providing health care to those that may not be able to afford it is an amazing thing! However, some of the practices at the facilities are not up to par. You will not receive holiday pay, an entrance badge, nor uniform for 90 days (given if you last that long) My pharmacy manager refused to compensate me for mileage. Also there are no guarantee raises with the company. They speak on team work, but I have witnessed them dismissing staff members without any warning or notification of their dismissal. I saw 15+ staff members leave during my 2 months with the company. Everyone there is within their 90 day probation period, and no one has worked there longer than a few months except prescribers, CEO, and a few others. I did have some awesome coworkers. The job was not hard, but the pay was sad and downright insulting. I was let go out of retaliation methods, so beware of speaking up on your rights as an employee or patients' rights. The only good reviews of this company are those submitted by the remaining "few" that I previously had spoken of. Also take time to read customer reviews of the company as well.

The positive side is that you will have a set schedule, no overtime is allowed except under special circumstances, I kept a log of daily activities, observations, and such while there ( I would advise
  more... all others to do the same, it may come in handy ;) ), and you do get holidays off. Just don't expect more than what is presented and you will be "ok" with the employment there, hopefully.  less
Pros
Set schedule, weekends and holidays off (not paid)
Cons
pay, managment, job security
Excellent Organization on Cusp of Turnaround
CEO Management Consulting Firm (Current Employee) –  AdminJune 27, 2016
As a consultant having worked with the First Choice organization for many years, I have seen the organization go through many changes. I have worked with many CEOs, and have seen fewer with the commitment to excellence, integrity, and dedication of the current CEO. The standard is high, but those who aspire to be great will find FCCHC a great place to work and be a part of helping the under-served in the community.

The organization is currently forming a new leadership team, and this is a GREAT time for individuals who are interested in making a measurable impact to step in and help implement the recently-updated strategic plan.

First Choice is an organization with much potential. For those with a desire to work and be excellent and who share the WHO WE ARE core values of the organization, there are needs and opportunities. I highly recommend this organization to those who want to learn, grow, and make a difference in a wide range of different roles.
Pros
Leadership of the CEO, Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a turnaround effort
Cons
Not for those who just want to coast or be mediocre
Everyone working toward the same goal
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCJune 23, 2016
First Choice Community Health Centers shares the same mission and values I possess with regard to my career, as well as my personal life. I believe in treating people with respect, dignity, and compassion. I have excellent relationships with my co-workers and management team alike, because it is the expectation to treat each other as respected members of a team. We learn early that the patient is first. Nothing else matters. When the patient is my priority, I will not, and do not, have the desire to participate in anything other than providing the best patient experience that I can. Knowing my role and my purpose at First Choice makes it easy to find a common connection with my co-workers, supervisors, and managers. We seem to desire the same experience. The relationships I have with others at First Choice make me appreciate my job and those I work for. I can actually say that I enjoy what I do, as well as the people around me. As for management, they have been nothing but accessible to me. I have been encouraged to pursue training and educational opportunities that will improve my skills, so that I can continue to be an asset to this organization. Yes, First Choice Community Health Centers is an excellent place to work. In my opinion, former co-workers are just that, FORMER, because they lose sight of the purpose and vision of First Choice. Or they never had those things in mind in the first place. How long will you stay with the next employer? What happened to loyalty and commitment? I guess they're overshadowed by best friends, selfishness and greed.
Pros
Teachable moments, New opportunities to get it right
Cons
Inability of a few to find contentment in opportunity
Medical Assisting (Former Employee) –  Boone Trail, NCJune 1, 2016
Loved working with the people and patient Its is great place to work. Loved my job. I traveled to different locations and different providers.
Management needs to be more approachable and connected
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCApril 2, 2016
In the time i was there several people quit. There is a problem when a company cant keep staff. I started with an open mind but that rapidly changed when they let me go. They expect you to do a job but do not give you the proper tools to do it with. They tell you you cant have any keys, accesses to logins or anything for 90 days. They will not even pay you holiday pay during that time. You cant even have uniforms. You cant even get to anyone in Admin as they are behind secure doors. God forbid if there was a problem. Very unorganized for a health care facility. Most the time the patients complain of not being able to reach anyone by phone.
Pros
Nice quiet office, gym, great peers
Cons
management, pay, probation time, secrecy
Not your typical doctors' office....😷
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCMarch 15, 2016
Where do I start.... You are left alone to perform the duties of three people. They only employ minimal staff, so there is not anyone to cover you. Rules change according to the provider that you are under. I was taught certain ways to do things in school and gained my credentials but the way I did them here was wrong and I thought that was interesting and comical.. If you work here did not stay long....move on...
Cons
Too many hats for very little pay. Expected to do work left behind with no help.
The worst place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCFebruary 7, 2016
This place is very depressing and the lack of professionalism is at a all time high. The CEO walks around screaming and yelling and belittling her staff. The turnover rate is the highest I've ever seen in a corporation.
FCCHC is a great concept and the organization itself is a great resource for the community
CLINICAL OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCJanuary 21, 2016
However, the CEO is very difficult to work for and has unrealistic expectations of her administrative team. The BOD lack knowledge of how the medical system works and are rigid when change is necessary to improve patient and client satisfaction.
Pros
being a healthcare resource for the local community
Cons
salary very low based on the benchmark salary for MBA/MHA
Top Management Needs Improvement
HR Coordinator/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCJuly 13, 2015
Top management needs major adjustments. The concept of leadership and development is lost in the daily work life.

In addition, realistic goals and expectations must be addressed.
Pros
Organizational Goals
Cons
Poor Leadership
Love the patient and working with the providers, but poor management.
Phlebotomist/Clinical assistant (Former Employee) –  Lillington NCJanuary 3, 2015
The turn over rate in employees including management is very poor. Went through 5 different supervisors in a two year period.