First Choice Emergency Room Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Facility Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 19, 2015
I love the job and love the people I work with no complaints! Stress free, positive energy and structured work enviroment.
Family-like atmosphere
Radiology Technologist ® & Computer Tomogragher (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: More one on one time with patients, personable.
Cons: since pt volume is much different, each employee needs to stay on top of their skills. Free standing ER's aren't as busy, therefore skills can get lacks.
This is a free standing Emergency Room. The pace is different than the usual ER attached to a hospital. The staff is limited, but tight-knit. We all pull our weight, help each other out. Communication is closely valued here; not only with co-workers/staff but espeically with the patients.
FCER IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
CT / Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2015
Pros: Three day work week
Cons: Long days but still a plus to have a 3 day work week
Not the normal Radiology Tech. job we draw labs, start I.V.'s, blood pressures, swab noses/ throat. Anything that will help the nurse and performing our C.T. or xray.
Started great, then went downhill
Facility Resource Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 12, 2015
I used to think that I would retire from here. Now, I want out and am not even sure if I will have a job. They eliminated my position and said there was no pay cut to stay on staff, but this was a lie. I feel betrayed.
It is a great company to work for.
Facility Resource Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2015
It is a great company to work for. They are the first and the largest freestanding ER in the US.
Nice, organized, and controlled ER Environment
Front Office (Current Employee), Pearland, TXNovember 7, 2014
Answer phone calls of patients, admit patients into the computer system, register patients in computer system, and organize medical charts. Co-workers support the team and work well together.
Fun place to work
Facility Resource Specialist (Current Employee), North Richland Hills, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: down time when needed
Cons: boredomness when not busy
Awesome, energetic place to work. Love most of the people I work with and the complany is very good about taken care of you. I love the patience of my co workers and managers.
AWESOME
RN I (Current Employee), SAN ANTONIOSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: no leaving the unit to obtain food or drink
THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. YOU NEED TO BE CONFIDENT IN YOUR SKILLS, BUT OVER ALL GREAT PLACE TO BE EMPLOYED
n/a
n/a (Current Employee), n/aJuly 18, 2014
I love the company and the people are amazing and it really makes the work environment so much better.
Good for temporary work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: no benefits.
If you are lucky enough to land a permanent full time job, you are one of he few. Staff agencies are notoriously know as cattle-farms.
Enjoyable place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Garland, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: management is awesome to work for!
Cons: being the only nurse on staff poses a problem at times but nothing major.
I find the stress level at First Choice much, much lower than other typical Er's. We have time to see and treat EACH patient as opposed to them feeling like they are part of an assembly line. I enjoy that and so do the patients.
If reviews sound the same, it must be true. Just saying...
Facility Resource Specialist/Front Office (Former Employee), DFW, TexasMay 11, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: job reliability
FCER finds no value in their employees. If they don't like you for personal reasons that's enough for you to get the boot. Compensation is good so it won't be a problem replacing you (any position). Even the nursing staff shared with me how many nurses want to work for FCER. I get it, you work 12 hours shifts at a free standing ER, meaning you don't get a quarter of the traffic a hospital would get. It's a piece of cake. But managers are sneaky. They have your coworkers spy on you. And you're fired without warning. oh! and they have a no gossip policy, BUT THAT'S ALL THEY DO!
My management and team lead were non-trustworthy.
Patient Finance Counselor (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXApril 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches, decent compensation, prizes, trainings.
Cons: unacceptable character
First Choice Emergency Room is a brilliant rapidly-expanding company. FCER treats both their patients and employees well. The particular team I was apart of in the Patient Finance Department; my team lead and manager have unacceptable character. I appreciate the experience I gained at FCER..
First Choice
Corporate Development Analyst (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXApril 2, 2014
Good company with great opportunities, great chances for advancement and reliable employees.
Great work enviroment
Insurance Collector (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXDecember 2, 2013
First Choice is a great company to work for. I have learned such much in just a few months. I am thankful for all of First Choice staff.
Fun place to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 3, 2013
Pros: setting your own schedule
Cons: part-time position
Enjoyed helping families with healthcare and gaining the knowledge of insurance programs.
Horrible Place to Work
Patient Financial Counselor/ Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMay 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: everything else
First Choice loves to give the illusion that they are a good company to work for with their free lunches and fun activities, but when it comes down to the actual job that could not be further from the truth. The incompetence at every level of management is incomprehensible. From HR to the Patient Accounts Director to the Collections Manager and Insurance Collections Manager, they all have to be the most incompetent, delusional bunch I have ever had the displeasure of working for. With their billing practices bordering on unethical and the way they train the collections department to regurgitate half-truths to the patients, it is a wonder they are still in business. The hostile work environment created by the Patient Accounts Director makes you feel like you are in communist Russia. With team leads being spies, smiling to your face, gathering information and reporting back to the Puppet Master (patient accounts director). And the managers do her bidding like lackeys who are unable to think for themselves. At the first sign of dissent they become uneasy and worried that someone may actually call them out on their idiocy. They have a very strict no gossip policy, that I can only imagine is in place to discourage lower level employees from banding together to talk about the inadequacy of management. When four people in the same department are fired in a matter of less than five weeks there is an obvious problem, especially when the department only has 7 people. If you pursue a position, I caution you to keep your head down, don't think for yourself, don’t ask questions and most importantly don't say "Good Morning" to the patient accounts director as apparently she sees it as some kind of threat and fires all of those who utter the words.
Worst Place to Work
Patient Accounts (Former Employee), Lewisville TXApril 7, 2013
Cons: use of employess, creating hostile work enviorment, un ethical.
If you work for Fcer at their freestanding locations you will have an enjoyable experience. If you work at Fcer corporate headquaters you will not. The patient accounts managment is manipulating, sneaky and very untrustworthy. The director is an incompetent fool that thinks she knows what she is doing but uses her employees to get the information she needs and maintain her status as director. She uses the managers to carry out her dirty work. Your fellow coworker could be one of the many they use to spy and keep tabs on your work. While they are being rewarded for their incompentence and kept under the directors wing. In less then a month they have fired 4 staff members. The turn around is ridiculous. Their so called training is a set up for failure. You will only be told half of the information that it is needed the other half you will be directed to manuals, and job system to find. Yet you will be blamed if you don't understand. Their is only one agenda and that is for the director and anyone who helps her keep their job. They will not allow you to conversate with your fellow employees on the floor. Your are not allowed to voice your opinion or concerns of any kind. Its their agenda that matters only. I suggest anyone looking for a job stay away from this horrible place.

April 23, 2013

Thank you for your posting as we take all feedback seriously. Patient Accounts are valuable and highly engaged members of the First Choice ER team. We are proud of the work they perform. We strive to create a strong culture and positive work environment for all employees.

first choice
Financial counselor (Former Employee), texasMarch 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: growing too fast
This is a good company. I did medical collections.
I learned medical collections
VERY REWARDING POSITION
Front Office Manager/LEAD (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2013
Pros: putting everything together
Cons: lots of interuptions
OVERSEEING THE AFFAIRS OF THE CHURCH IS DEMANDING AND YET REWARDING AT THE SAME TIME. WHILE MEMBERS SEE EVERYTHING WORKING ON SUNDAY, ITS THE DAY TODAY OPERATIONS THAT GET US TO THAT POINT.