First Choice Emergency Room Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2017
Made great friend at First Choice and learned a a lot about free standing ER's. I would say it was one of the most enjoyable jobs I have had the pleasure to work at.
Workplace Culture
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Small facility whereas if you work together you'll have a great shift, Work smart and be a team player and you will never want to work for anyone else.
Pros
close to home
Cons
1 nurse on duty
Great Place to Work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXSeptember 12, 2017
First Choice is very great place to work. they work with whatever schedule restrictions you have and are very good at training you for the job........
The Best and it was Home
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 8, 2017
This was my home i could stay working as many hours i wanted and also overtime was a blessing since I'm a single mother and they provided with daycare. It was relaxing and you get to know the doctors that would call from the facility they were fun.
Was once a great company to work for
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Lake, TXAugust 17, 2017
As the legal things happen morale wore off. Managers were leaving and unmotivated. The lack of job security was terrifying and brought out the worst in people.
Not productive few patient and boring .We are helping other hospital to make referrals for them just in case we need urgent transfer
C.T. Tecnologist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 24, 2017
It is different set up as to compare to hospital.You need to learn and run lab and do your iv , vitals, asking history of patient. Allergies and what not as if you're taking over Nurse job already but Nurses can't do our own job like doing portable X-ray and cat scan.
Pros
Not busy
Cons
Unstable
I love my job
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJune 27, 2017
very caring staff
Our doctors are always on point and brings a sense of relief to everyone that walks in.
Always smiles when greeted throughout the facilities from the PARS, nurses, Rad techs and Doctors!
100% always clean and neat facilities
100% guaranteed satisfaction!!
I stand by my company.
Pros
The best place to work
Cons
No cons
Best Job
Facility Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
The best, easiest job ever. They take pride in their company and it is shown all the way down the chain. Being able to provide great emergency care to the patients in such an intimate environment is the best part of the job.
Customer Service Excellence
Facility Resource Zone Manager (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 27, 2017
Great company who looks out for the customers and employees. Has some challenges but great communication from team leaders. Family orientated with bottom line results.
Awesome
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXApril 3, 2017
great place to work. Nice, clean facility. friendly staff and decent pay. Great location. No complaints about this management team at all. Everyone is welcoming.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2017
You work as the sole RN along side the doctor, rad/ct tech & front office personnel in a free standing ER. Since employed here I have learned to run labs, daily POC and monthly QC's.
Pros
Usually able to spend the time required with your patients.
Cons
Can become hectic if all beds are full at your facility beings you are the only nurse on your shift.
Nice stress free job
Radiologic Technologist/CT Technoligist (Current Employee) –  Helotes, TXMarch 26, 2017
Nice relaxed environment. Great staff and excellent pay. Low volume so not as stressful as a typical ER and more time and attention is spent on patient care
First Choice Emergency Room
Facility Administrator Nurse (Current Employee) –  Round Rock , TXMarch 16, 2017
good people to work with great team. Nice place to work. Get management and support from other managers. Doc are very good and team layers. I enjoy working here.
Pros
good people to work with great TEAM
Cons
Corp finances
Patient access Representative
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
Patient Access Representative is a very satisfying job. You are able to learn go thru new experience and also meet new people. The most satisfying is being able to help people when they are in need.
Great experience that allows for quick advancement.
Regional Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
It's nice to have a healthcare job that puts customer service first. FCER has developed a well rounded culture from within. First Choice puts their patients first which is why the set the bar in Press Ganey scores.
Exciting opening a new facility
Nurse manager (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXDecember 31, 2016
I enjoyed the management end of healthcare, but I deeply missed taking care of patients. I was a wonderful free standing ER and I enjoyed all the doctors I worked with.
Pros
I assisted in all policies and procedures
Cons
too many hours
Team Player
Sr. Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 9, 2016
A typical day is very fast paste and change daily to ensure we continue to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals. I've learned so much over the years in management. I value my team/employees; therefore I try to provide as much training and information for them daily to assist us in meeting our goals. I truly feel I'm only as good as my staff. If they fail then I have failed them. The hardest part to my job is having to decide between two great employees, which one to promote or release when downsizing. The most enjoyable part of my job is training staff and/or mentoring someone to be promoted within the department
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Releasing Staff
Generous wage with great working environment
Facility Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 22, 2016
A good company to work for, with a respectable amount of time off and good pay with the opportunity for skill acquisition and company advancement. I would recommend this company to a friend.
Fun fast paced place to work
Patient Access Lead (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 17, 2016
FCER was a wonderful place to work with great coworkers that were like family. It was fast paced and exciting, and there was never a dull moment. Management was fair and very helpful. The hardest part was leaving FCER.
Enjoyable poeple , managment and CEO
Medical Billing and Credentialing (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 17, 2016
FCER was great, management was awesome and helped you in everything you needed with out counting it against you. I have been thru such great bosses and team leads that you felt blessed one for the job two because you where surrounded by wonderful team of peolple

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Choice Emergency Room. Our community is ready to answer.