First Choice Emergency Room Employee Reviews in United States

First choice
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 20, 2016
I work twelve hour shifts three days a week. I have learned how to verify insurances, schedule patients, enter patient demographics accurately. The management is on top of things and communicates daily letting you know how to improve and correct errors you have possibly made. All the co-workers at are very friendly and close. I don't feel that there is anything hard about the job, but the feeling of a job well done and going home feeling like you helped people are the most enjoyable parts.
Pros
Great experence, great co-workers
Horrible
RN ER (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXApril 7, 2016
The FA management was horrible and did not know anything. First Choice just promotes people they like not people that really know how to manage. The pay sucks and as a nurse you do a bulk of the work. The scheduling was unfair and was done by a PRN nurse instead of being done by the lazy manager. Will never work for this company again.
Pros
Cons
pay, nurses don't have enough help
Terrible Management
RN (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXDecember 8, 2015
I worked for FCER for one year. The first 8 months were ok. Then, a new manager came to my facility. They terminated people for no reason. The manager was dishonest and unprofessional. The corporate office is a joke and will not help. This is the most unprofessional HR department I have ever encountered. They will always take the side of the manager, no matter how unprofessional and inaccurate they are. My case was never reviewed properly by HR. Do not work for this company unless you know the manager from previous experience working with them. But then again, that doesn't matter, because they fire all of the good nurses who follow nursing guidelines.
Pros
Cons
No support from management
Best place ever
Medical Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 9, 2016
I loved the company the people that I worked with, everyone felt special and treated us with respect always helped with questions and always gave us good bonus
Enjoyable company to work for.
Workers Compensation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 29, 2015
Supportive company that is helpful in assisting people by giving them a chance to get into the medical field. The training for each position is in depth and informative. When running into something not seen before the team leads are helpful and if they do not have the answers they will get them for you. Training in different departments is exciting when willing to learn. The management and coworkers are knowledgeable and kind, willing to help anyway necessary.
I would say the hardest part about this company is when you miss time for anything and trying to catch yourself back up to not make it harder on the others on your team.
Pros
Paid holidays and all the perks we receive.
Cons
The job ending.
A fun diverse environment to work in
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at this job, and also the people that I worked with. There was never a day when I did not want to go to work. The main thing I enjoyed were the celebrations.
Pros
celebrated birthdays and holidays
Cons
short breaks
A great company.
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 15, 2015
Fun workplace, very considerate with employees. Great working team. The most enjoyable part of the job was working everyday with an excellent group of coworkers.
Pros
Frequent company lunches and employee appreciation events.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Good
Accounts Payable Lead (Current Employee) –  IRVINGOctober 21, 2015
I do not want to review the company First Choice at this time. My work experience was Good doing my time employed there. If I had the chance to go back I will.
Family-like atmosphere
Radiology Technologist ® & Computer Tomogragher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2015
This is a free standing Emergency Room. The pace is different than the usual ER attached to a hospital. The staff is limited, but tight-knit. We all pull our weight, help each other out. Communication is closely valued here; not only with co-workers/staff but espeically with the patients.
Pros
More one on one time with patients, personable.
Cons
since pt volume is much different, each employee needs to stay on top of their skills. Free standing ER's aren't as busy, therefore skills can get lacks.
Fun Place To Work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 6, 2015
Its a nice place to work. Great culture environment. Family Friendly. Growing company. Free lunches sometimes. company activities are always fun. A lot of us participate.
Fcer is a great company to work for
CT / Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2015
Not the normal Radiology Tech. job we draw labs, start I.V.'s, blood pressures, swab noses/ throat. Anything that will help the nurse and performing our C.T. or xray.
Pros
Three day work week
Cons
Long days but still a plus to have a 3 day work week
If reviews sound the same, it must be true. Just saying...
Facility Resource Specialist/Front Office (Former Employee) –  DFW, TexasMay 11, 2014
FCER finds no value in their employees. If they don't like you for personal reasons that's enough for you to get the boot. Compensation is good so it won't be a problem replacing you (any position). Even the nursing staff shared with me how many nurses want to work for FCER. I get it, you work 12 hours shifts at a free standing ER, meaning you don't get a quarter of the traffic a hospital would get. It's a piece of cake. But managers are sneaky. They have your coworkers spy on you. And you're fired without warning. oh! and they have a no gossip policy, BUT THAT'S ALL THEY DO!
Pros
compensation
Cons
job reliability
My management and team lead were non-trustworthy.
Patient Finance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 21, 2014
First Choice Emergency Room is a brilliant rapidly-expanding company. FCER treats both their patients and employees well. The particular team I was apart of in the Patient Finance Department; my team lead and manager have unacceptable character. I appreciate the experience I gained at FCER..
Pros
free lunches, decent compensation, prizes, trainings.
Cons
unacceptable character
Great Place To Work
Facility Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2015
I love the job and love the people I work with no complaints! Stress free, positive energy and structured work enviroment.
Started great, then went downhill
Facility Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 12, 2015
I used to think that I would retire from here. Now, I want out and am not even sure if I will have a job. They eliminated my position and said there was no pay cut to stay on staff, but this was a lie. I feel betrayed.
Enjoyable place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 16, 2014
I find the stress level at First Choice much, much lower than other typical Er's. We have time to see and treat EACH patient as opposed to them feeling like they are part of an assembly line. I enjoy that and so do the patients.
Pros
management is awesome to work for!
Cons
being the only nurse on staff poses a problem at times but nothing major.
Enjoyable workplace
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Klein, TXNovember 28, 2012
I greeted and registered patients as they came in, filed paper work, answered phones, and verified insurance. I have been in this job environment before so the only thing I learned new here is how to verify insurance. The management seemed great in interview, then I was hired on. The management there seemed extremely bias on the reasons why they hire/fired people because of their own personal preferences and not on job performance. My co-workers have fantastic personalities and I enjoyed working with them very much. The hardest part of my job was being unable to console people when they came into our facility with extreme emergencies. My most enjoyable part was my job experience over all. The people I worked with were very nice and very outgoing.
Pros
strong work environment, free lunches every now and again
Cons
no breaks in a 12 hour period
Fun place to work
Facility Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 21, 2014
Awesome, energetic place to work. Love most of the people I work with and the complany is very good about taken care of you. I love the patience of my co workers and managers.
Pros
down time when needed
Cons
boredomness when not busy
Nice, organized, and controlled ER Environment
Front Office (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXNovember 7, 2014
Answer phone calls of patients, admit patients into the computer system, register patients in computer system, and organize medical charts. Co-workers support the team and work well together.
Very rewarding position
Front Office Manager/LEAD (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2013
Overseeing the affairs of the church is demanding and yet rewarding at the same time. While members see everything working on sunday, its the day today operations that get us to that point.
Pros
putting everything together
Cons
lots of interuptions

First Choice Emergency Room Reviews by Location