First Choice Emergency Room Employee Reviews

Team Player
Sr. Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 9, 2016
A typical day is very fast paste and change daily to ensure we continue to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals. I've learned so much over the years in management. I value my team/employees; therefore I try to provide as much training and information for them daily to assist us in meeting our goals. I truly feel I'm only as good as my staff. If they fail then I have failed them. The hardest part to my job is having to decide between two great employees, which one to promote or release when downsizing. The most enjoyable part of my job is training staff and/or mentoring someone to be promoted within the department
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Releasing Staff
Enjoyable poeple , managment and CEO
Medical Billing and Credentialing (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 17, 2016
FCER was great, management was awesome and helped you in everything you needed with out counting it against you. I have been thru such great bosses and team leads that you felt blessed one for the job two because you where surrounded by wonderful team of peolple
Generous wage with great working environment
Facility Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 22, 2016
A good company to work for, with a respectable amount of time off and good pay with the opportunity for skill acquisition and company advancement. I would recommend this company to a friend.
Exciting opening a new facility
Nurse manager (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXDecember 31, 2016
I enjoyed the management end of healthcare, but I deeply missed taking care of patients. I was a wonderful free standing ER and I enjoyed all the doctors I worked with.
Pros
I assisted in all policies and procedures
Cons
too many hours
Fun fast paced place to work
Patient Access Lead (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 17, 2016
FCER was a wonderful place to work with great coworkers that were like family. It was fast paced and exciting, and there was never a dull moment. Management was fair and very helpful. The hardest part was leaving FCER.
Fun, good for college students
Patient Access Representaive (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2016
Most facilities are fun to work at with incredibly smart and knowledgeable colleagues. Patient Access Representative is perfect for those attending school, specifically something in the medical field. Be prepared to keep busy and don't slack off.
Pros
Small facility staff and independant working.
Cons
High turn over in staff and management at some facilities.
First choice
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 20, 2016
I work twelve hour shifts three days a week. I have learned how to verify insurances, schedule patients, enter patient demographics accurately. The management is on top of things and communicates daily letting you know how to improve and correct errors you have possibly made. All the co-workers at are very friendly and close. I don't feel that there is anything hard about the job, but the feeling of a job well done and going home feeling like you helped people are the most enjoyable parts.
Pros
Great experence, great co-workers
Horrible
RN ER (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXApril 7, 2016
The FA management was horrible and did not know anything. First Choice just promotes people they like not people that really know how to manage. The pay sucks and as a nurse you do a bulk of the work. The scheduling was unfair and was done by a PRN nurse instead of being done by the lazy manager. Will never work for this company again.
Pros
Cons
pay, nurses don't have enough help
Enjoyable company to work for.
Workers Compensation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 29, 2015
Supportive company that is helpful in assisting people by giving them a chance to get into the medical field. The training for each position is in depth and informative. When running into something not seen before the team leads are helpful and if they do not have the answers they will get them for you. Training in different departments is exciting when willing to learn. The management and coworkers are knowledgeable and kind, willing to help anyway necessary.
I would say the hardest part about this company is when you miss time for anything and trying to catch yourself back up to not make it harder on the others on your team.
Pros
Paid holidays and all the perks we receive.
Cons
The job ending.
Terrible Management
RN (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXDecember 8, 2015
I worked for FCER for one year. The first 8 months were ok. Then, a new manager came to my facility. They terminated people for no reason. The manager was dishonest and unprofessional. The corporate office is a joke and will not help. This is the most unprofessional HR department I have ever encountered. They will always take the side of the manager, no matter how unprofessional and inaccurate they are. My case was never reviewed properly by HR. Do not work for this company unless you know the manager from previous experience working with them. But then again, that doesn't matter, because they fire all of the good nurses who follow nursing guidelines.
Pros
Cons
No support from management
Enjoyable workplace
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Klein, TXNovember 28, 2012
I greeted and registered patients as they came in, filed paper work, answered phones, and verified insurance. I have been in this job environment before so the only thing I learned new here is how to verify insurance. The management seemed great in interview, then I was hired on. The management there seemed extremely bias on the reasons why they hire/fired people because of their own personal preferences and not on job performance. My co-workers have fantastic personalities and I enjoyed working with them very much. The hardest part of my job was being unable to console people when they came into our facility with extreme emergencies. My most enjoyable part was my job experience over all. The people I worked with were very nice and very outgoing.
Pros
strong work environment, free lunches every now and again
Cons
no breaks in a 12 hour period
If reviews sound the same, it must be true. Just saying...
Facility Resource Specialist/Front Office (Former Employee) –  DFW, TexasMay 11, 2014
FCER finds no value in their employees. If they don't like you for personal reasons that's enough for you to get the boot. Compensation is good so it won't be a problem replacing you (any position). Even the nursing staff shared with me how many nurses want to work for FCER. I get it, you work 12 hours shifts at a free standing ER, meaning you don't get a quarter of the traffic a hospital would get. It's a piece of cake. But managers are sneaky. They have your coworkers spy on you. And you're fired without warning. oh! and they have a no gossip policy, BUT THAT'S ALL THEY DO!
Pros
compensation
Cons
job reliability
Best place ever
Medical Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 9, 2016
I loved the company the people that I worked with, everyone felt special and treated us with respect always helped with questions and always gave us good bonus
expect your loyalty but offer you NONE!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  DFWOctober 21, 2015
When I was hired on this company during my initial orientation 6 employees were terminated. I asked them maybe or perhaps I had made the wrong decision. They assured me I had not. Yet after working hard for this company for 3 years and helping to also make sure our lab ran properly was terminated for following a doctors verbal order. I have seen in my 3 years so many people terminated with unjust cause. If they don't like you personally they will terminate even if you are a very productive employee. Even if your patients love you. If 3 doctors love working with you and one doesn't due to personality conflicts you are terminated. I was told my job as a nurse was to offer my patient a blanket, coffee or a pillow. They don't value you as a nurse. You are a puppet and that's all you are for this company. The people at corporate are a joke. There is no dress code and they walk around with low cut blouses and short, short skirts. You will never retire from this company because they watch over every i and t and make sure they are cross and dotted and even then when your charts are 100 percent will terminate you because a doctor forgot to right a verbal order. They say you have a rad tech to help when things get busy. That's not 100 percent guaranteed. I have had rad techs go off to their department and disappear offering no help whatsoever. So, don't count on having help when the patients start rolling through the door. On top of being a nurse you are also drawing and analyzing all your own labs. There is no where to send the stuff you collect except to your own lab operated by you.  more... Heaven forbid if a critical patient comes in or even a code. Try running a code with just a physician and a nurse. There's no one to ask for help. You are on your own. So be sure you feel like your at top of your game because you never know whats coming through the door. That's not what bothered me however. It was the lack of support from management. There is none. Don't expect your nurse manager to have your back. The only back they have is their own!!!!! And do not expect to get rich working for this company. They refuse overtime unless they are absolutely desperate and then its last minute. And they pay is the worst in the DFW market. I went from making 120,000 annually working only 2 days a month to 47,000 after taxes and benefits working 3 days a week. Oh and by the way, when the parking lot is full of ice, your the one that has to get out there and risk and injury to make it safe for your patients. No one in administration prepares for the worse when the ice comes to DFW. They give you one small bucket of salt when actually anywhere from 6 to 8 buckets are necessary. However, that never stopped me from trying to make the parking lot safer for my patients. I actually had to call corporate and beg for some salt to be delivered so my patients wouldn't be injured in the parking lot. I did my best for my patients and this company only to be let go because a physician forgot to write a verbal order. The CEO is a joke!!  less
Pros
great physicians, front office staff and some rad techs
Cons
terrible management
A fun diverse environment to work in
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at this job, and also the people that I worked with. There was never a day when I did not want to go to work. The main thing I enjoyed were the celebrations.
Pros
celebrated birthdays and holidays
Cons
short breaks
My management and team lead were non-trustworthy.
Patient Finance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 21, 2014
First Choice Emergency Room is a brilliant rapidly-expanding company. FCER treats both their patients and employees well. The particular team I was apart of in the Patient Finance Department; my team lead and manager have unacceptable character. I appreciate the experience I gained at FCER..
Pros
Free lunches, decent compensation, prizes, trainings.
Cons
Unacceptable character
Worst Place to Work
Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Lewisville TXApril 7, 2013
If you work for Fcer at their freestanding locations you will have an enjoyable experience. If you work at Fcer corporate headquaters you will not. The patient accounts managment is manipulating, sneaky and very untrustworthy. The director is an incompetent fool that thinks she knows what she is doing but uses her employees to get the information she needs and maintain her status as director. She uses the managers to carry out her dirty work. Your fellow coworker could be one of the many they use to spy and keep tabs on your work. While they are being rewarded for their incompentence and kept under the directors wing. In less then a month they have fired 4 staff members. The turn around is ridiculous. Their so called training is a set up for failure. You will only be told half of the information that it is needed the other half you will be directed to manuals, and job system to find. Yet you will be blamed if you don't understand. Their is only one agenda and that is for the director and anyone who helps her keep their job. They will not allow you to conversate with your fellow employees on the floor. Your are not allowed to voice your opinion or concerns of any kind. Its their agenda that matters only. I suggest anyone looking for a job stay away from this horrible place.
Cons
use of employess, creating hostile work enviorment, un ethical.
A great company.
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 15, 2015
Fun workplace, very considerate with employees. Great working team. The most enjoyable part of the job was working everyday with an excellent group of coworkers.
Pros
Frequent company lunches and employee appreciation events.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Fun Place To Work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 6, 2015
Its a nice place to work. Great culture environment. Family Friendly. Growing company. Free lunches sometimes. company activities are always fun. A lot of us participate.
Enjoyable place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 16, 2014
I find the stress level at First Choice much, much lower than other typical Er's. We have time to see and treat EACH patient as opposed to them feeling like they are part of an assembly line. I enjoy that and so do the patients.
Pros
Management is awesome to work for!
Cons
Being the only nurse on staff poses a problem at times but nothing major.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Choice Emergency Room. Our community is ready to answer.