First Choice Evaluations Employee Reviews

Slave Masters
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 24, 2017
This place puts on the best facade, when you are first hired on. Underneath the masqueraded smiles, are sneaky and SELFISH snakes.
They pay their employees as if they were literal slaves, for the amount of work they do and not ton mention the stress that comes along with it. They barely train you, and expect you to exceed their expectations.
Management here absolutely SUCKS, and it trickles down from the GM, to The VP of Sales, to Operations and so on and so forth. This is the kind of "do as I say, and not as I do" type place. Management blatantly show favoritism, and they are the most unprofessional group of "professionals"-- they talk about the employees, and fire at will...especially if you question them or stand up for anything ETHICAL.
There's absolutely no room for growth, and you are underpaid by over 45% of what your peers are making at other companies.
Micromanaging is the way of life here, and their HR department is the absolute worst (ExamWorks).
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Short breaks, micromanaging, low compensation
High volume office
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Highly productive medical evaluations company. Many of the tasks had to be completed by end of business day, so there was a sense of urgency throughout the office. Whenever problems arose, they were quickly addressed and corrected. We had a Volunteer committee that assisted with fundraisers to raise money for local Charities. The hardest part of the job was ensuring the job was completed by the end of the day. The best part of the job was the friendships made and celebrations for special occasions.
Pros
Company parties in the Summer and Winter, fundraisers, friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Working with a sense of urgency on a daily basis caused some stress, though not overwhelming.
Run away fast!
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYApril 4, 2016
This place is horrible. The workload they give you is horrendous, and they tell you that you can't leave unless all the mail and the work is done. Management is a joke. People are unwilling to help you, so prepared to be thrown to the wolves and fend for yourself. If you ask for any help, prepare to be told on to the manager that you aren't taking enough notes or learning your job fast enough.
Also, beware of the crazy girl with the multi-colored hair who sits up front in the reception area. It seems like she gets her enjoyment out of scaring people away. Also, it is sort of a dead beat job where you will be going nowhere but sitting in a small office full of people who act nice to your face, then set out to destroy you any chance that they can get. Prepare to feel like an indentured servant.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
The list goes on.
Was a nice place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 21, 2015
Would make calls all day and alot of computer work. Co workers were always friendly. Enjoyed my job and talking to people.
You will stay busy
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 21, 2015
High paced work environment with a lack of leadership in house but the work is fun, easy to learn, and changes daily.
Potential for overtime is great.
You're challenged and have set goals.
Pros
Variety in work
Cons
Management not as present/effective
Relaxed atmosphere most of the time
Reports/Medical Records/Client-Vendor Support (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 29, 2014
It has been wonderful working here for the most part. I believe I have reached my full potential with them though, and would like to try and advance in salary and a benefit package. I also look forward to learning new skills.
Pros
I am able to work independently, I am kept very busy which makes the days go by quickly. I enjoy being very busy.
Cons
Benefit package is very expensive. No choice of plans at all.
Excellent co-workers who were willing to help.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 25, 2014
I enjoyed working at First Choice Evaluations and learning a different aspect of the medical field. The hours worked out with my family life also.
Pros
Liked my co-workers and everyone was friendly and willing to help.
Cons
Nothing.
Laid back work enviroment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 24, 2014
Working for a smaller office for the company made for a more laid back work enviroment. However having a smaller office made for less employees and needing time off for family functions/appointments was made difficult.
Pros
Luncheons, Gifts from doctors
Cons
Time Off
Busy-customer service based
Reports Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 24, 2013
Very fast pasted business with a lot of deadlines/timeframes to be meet. Co-workers are friendly and management is compassionate/understanding. I have grown on both personal and professional levels because of the situations that I had encountered. One of the most difficult situations to handle as a manager is when the employees bring personal problems into work that distracted them from accomplishing their work.