The First Choice Health IT Infrastructure team is looking for a Systems Engineer III to work on our LAN/WAN and server infrastructure. As part of a small engineering team, the person in this role will need a background working on Server, Network, SAN, and Virtualization infrastructure. The focus of this role will be the design, support and maintenance of the Linux server environment supporting our Oracle Database environment and the management of our Cisco (IOS & NX-OS) networking equipment. While the position will focus on our Linux and network environment, the right candidate will also have experience working with VMWARE and Windows Servers.
The Systems Engineer works to design, document, test, implement, monitor, and operate potentially complex technical solutions in accordance with policies and standards that satisfy business, regulatory and FCHN technical requirements. The person in this role is responsible for the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of the systems consisting of the local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), Storage Area Network (SAN) and physical or virtual server/workstation platforms including applications within the supported environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Infrastructure Operations:
oDevelops and maintains an understanding of the systems running on FCH servers.
oAdministers the overall network which includes Windows and Linux Servers, Network Devices, and Telephone systems.
oEstablishes baselines to monitor and control network security.
oDesigns, engineers, and implements disaster recovery/business continuity strategies
oMonitors network and server activity and assist in department planning for future needs.
oMaintains and operates complex systems and services in a 24/7 production environment.
oGathers business requirements and researches available hardware and/or software to design infrastructure solutions to support projects, service upgrades, and system implementations.
oPerforms hardware analysis and determines system configuration requirements to meet application specifications.
oResearches and provides sound business solutions relating to technical issues for the production environment. Provides direction for the installation and configuration of new hardware such as servers, adapter cards, memory, and SCSI Devices
- Planning/Process/Project Management:
oLead, participate or coordinate infrastructure projects and technology implementations.
oPrepares time estimate for all phases of technical projects.
oDevelops and maintains project plans for all large and medium projects.
- Network Configuration Services:
oLeads the design and configuration ofIT Infrastructure services across various systems and platforms.
oCollects system performance and network connectivity requirements and evaluates network adapter's capabilities and capacity to meet the desired performance requirements.
oMakes recommendations to improve performance based on testing results and performance data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a Systems Engineer II or equivalent position.
- Extensive working knowledge of PCs network hardware, server and client operating systems, software, DNS, AD, Exchange e-mail, virtualization technologies, enterprise storage systems (SAN) and network communication protocol including TCP/IP
- Candidates for this role should have at least a CCNA certification from Cisco and a RHCE certification from Redhat
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in an organized manner and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Self-sufficiency using Windows based applications (MS Office).