First Choice Home Health Employee Reviews

Very slow pace but great management
Medical/ Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  YazSeptember 18, 2017
I was a volunteer working here but as far as the work. I enjoyed my patients and was very grateful that i was given the chance to be apart of the team.
Great Business and Team
Worked under the Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 6, 2017
Great Business got to work and be involved in the business side as well as patient care. Great team environment, management was very involved. Hardest part of the job was scheduling, best part was taking care of patients in remote areas, very rewarding,
I love working here
STNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 28, 2017
This is a good place to work when they have the hours. We cook, clean, run errands, provide companionship, light housekeeping and follow the care plan given. They can raise the pay a bit cause we do alot for our clients.
Pros
Laid back, plenty hours
Cons
Not enough employees, need better pay scale
I good home health job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yazoo City, MSAugust 4, 2017
I love working with the disabled and elderly people. Meeting new people and working in different neighborhoods. The hours was good but no pay for gas milage
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough patients
Was a professional work environment
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJuly 28, 2017
I have worked there 10 years and gained a lot of experience with managing a case. I have enjoyed my patients immensely and worked with many wonder people.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
not a lot of direction
Case Manager Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hodge, LAJuly 27, 2017
The typical work day was demanding. I learned how to be in charge of numerous projects. The management overall was great but could be hard. My salary.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Attitudes of colleagues
Productive workplace with room for Growth
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHJuly 25, 2017
First Choice is a company that has the benefit for employees to move forward and upward from a career standpoint. There are more than enough helping hands along the way that will provide great guidance and instruction on becoming successful.
I worked per diem. Some weeks I worked full time, other weeks I could barely make 20 hours
Admissions RN (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJuly 11, 2017
It was fun for the most part. But the office manager was really crude and loud. She was a hoarder and her office was a disgrace. And she screamed at not only the nurses but the owner which I never understood.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
chaotic work environment in office
Great environment work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 25, 2017
Work at your own pace, and flexible hours. Management needs help, organize environment. Every day it's a different task,to accomplish people needs.
Busy on the go type of job
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2017
On a typical day I would drive from different patients home to care for them. I learned the conditions of all my clients and provided relaxing and direct care. Management with this company was ok and literally just that. The hardest part of the job was the consistent mixups with my paycheck and the most enjoyable part was how my clients loved the care I provided for them.

Want to know more about First Choice Home Health?

Ask a question
Secretary
Home Health Agency Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2017
Filed papers, made nurse charts and did assistant style tasks. The owners were very kind and always willing to teach when I didn't know how to do some charts. Loved working here .
Great Place to Learn
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 12, 2017
Nothing really bad to say. It's a great place to work especially if you're a college student. They are really flexible with scheduling and will try to assist you in any way possible. The added benefit is that they pay along the higher side for CNA's.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Great people
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Azle, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Wonderful company to work for r they cared about their patients and their employees. They closed theirs does after larger companies took over. Very sad.
Pros
Good people
Ok place to work
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MT 59715October 3, 2016
Not a bad place to work if you like one-on-one with your patients. The higher up people are ok but sometimes I felt as if they had no idea what they were doing.
Very comfortable
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 21, 2016
Working here was the best awesome team great scheduling. There was nothing hard everything was right where it should be, the customers were always great and it was something like home.
Pros
Great team
Always a learning experience
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/PAYROLL CLERK (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 16, 2016
This was my home away from home. This became my family and I know I could always count on them to make me feel at ease and have confidence in everything I did. There was always room for improvement.
Get ready to be worked to death and treated like s h i t when you can't work
Direct Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VASeptember 4, 2015
My experience with this company was horrible. The pay is generally decent $8.50/hr for DCA with a potential to earn more depending on contracts. The hours are long. Co-workers talk behind your back. No benefits. Very little room for advancement unless you are on management's good side and every client likes you. They will bust your a s s, the drama is bad, and you don't get paid enough to put up with that plus the workload plus the complaints.
Pros
Scheduling coordinator was nice, potential to earn a boatload of money
Cons
Easy to get terminated. With new management, they will find a reason if they don't like you.
Going Beyond
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  406 W 34th Suite 506 Kansas City, MOAugust 28, 2015
I really like the fact that this company supplies a care package to its clients on the 25th of every month. This is a form of help and reassurance to the clients to help them to make it through until they receive their checks on the first. The company in my opinion is family oriented as well as professional, which I consider well put together with some balance. From owner to MGMT to Administration, no one person is above working in a clients home.
Pros
Work and hours are always available. Care packages for clients.
Cons
The lack of Health insurance for employees.
Productive and fun place to work and learn great things
Front Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 12, 2015
I love this place, the best job I have yet to come across. I learned so much about healthcare for the elderly at this Home Health Agency. CEO is great, manager and supervisor is wonderful.
Love the job
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MsMarch 19, 2015
I love what I do, I love to help others. My supervisor is really great, but the company doesn't offer any benefits and there is really no room for advancing.
Pros
Great supervisor, awesome patients
Cons
To much driving and no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Choice Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.

First Choice Home Health Reviews by Location