First Choice Home Health

First Choice Home Health Employee Reviews

Very comfortable
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 21, 2016
Working here was the best awesome team great scheduling. There was nothing hard everything was right where it should be, the customers were always great and it was something like home.
Pros
Great team
Always a learning experience
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/PAYROLL CLERK (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 16, 2016
This was my home away from home. This became my family and I know I could always count on them to make me feel at ease and have confidence in everything I did. There was always room for improvement.
Get ready to be worked to death and treated like s h i t when you can't work
Direct Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VASeptember 4, 2015
My experience with this company was horrible. The pay is generally decent $8.50/hr for DCA with a potential to earn more depending on contracts. The hours are long. Co-workers talk behind your back. No benefits. Very little room for advancement unless you are on management's good side and every client likes you. They will bust your a s s, the drama is bad, and you don't get paid enough to put up with that plus the workload plus the complaints.
Pros
Scheduling coordinator was nice, potential to earn a boatload of money
Cons
Easy to get terminated. With new management, they will find a reason if they don't like you.
Going Beyond
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  406 W 34th Suite 506 Kansas City, MOAugust 28, 2015
I really like the fact that this company supplies a care package to its clients on the 25th of every month. This is a form of help and reassurance to the clients to help them to make it through until they receive their checks on the first. The company in my opinion is family oriented as well as professional, which I consider well put together with some balance. From owner to MGMT to Administration, no one person is above working in a clients home.
Pros
Work and hours are always available. Care packages for clients.
Cons
The lack of Health insurance for employees.
Productive and fun place to work and learn great things
Front Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 12, 2015
I love this place, the best job I have yet to come across. I learned so much about healthcare for the elderly at this Home Health Agency. CEO is great, manager and supervisor is wonderful.
Love the job
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MsMarch 19, 2015
I love what I do, I love to help others. My supervisor is really great, but the company doesn't offer any benefits and there is really no room for advancing.
Pros
Great supervisor, awesome patients
Cons
To much driving and no benefits
Meeting new people ,helping people
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 1, 2014
Providing care for my clients. Making sure my clients are Dressed, bathed , and feed. Helping with house keeping and providing conversation with my clients while keeping them motivated to get through the day, and encouraging my clients to do as much on their own as possible.
Pros
working semi in the healthcare field
Cons
Driving house to house for work
CNA-A rewarding position
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 29, 2014
I would travel to client's homes and help them with certain activities of daily living such as preparing meals, assisting with bathing/toileting, and just being a companion. I was able to practice many of my nursing skills as a CNA including enhancing my interpersonal skills with the clients. I didn't work along side of co-workers because I traveled to the client's houses by myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make a different in people's lives by helping them with everyday tasks that they wouldn't be able to do on their own.
Great workplace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 20, 2014
My boss is great, she works with you in the best way you can rather you have doctors appointments or needing more hours.
great learning experience
LVN Field (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 31, 2013
typical work day scheduling prompt. i learned policy and procedures related to home health regulations. most enjoyable part of my employment was teaching and training patient and caregivers. great training experience in home health setting
unorganized extreme work hours
REGISTERED NURSE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  cincinnati ohioNovember 26, 2013
Somewhat unorganized, working 90+ hrs weekly put in dangerous work environments.
Pros
good pt care
Cons
hours
It was Fun place to work at.
Provider (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 15, 2013
The elderly was a handfull but it was great a great experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
So far this company has been a great one to work for.
Provider (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 10, 2013
a typical day at work would be just seeing that the patient gets all the care they need.
Pros
works around my school schedule
Cons
no benefits
Very Nurturing company for patients and employees. Home Health Agency and extensive travel involved throughout Western Montana.
Certified Home Health Aide/Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTApril 26, 2013
A typical day for this company is traveling to patients place of residency and providing personal care assistance for clients. What I have learned most is extensive communication and interpersonal skills. The managment of this company is very dedicated to patient health and Well-being. Your co-workers of this company include office personel, nursing supervision for nursing aide care, and therapists. The hardest part of this job is going into patient homes cold, without knowing the patient or families. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you are making a difference in the life of the patient. This company does have reimbursement for mileage but not for drive time and a small cell phone reimbursement.
Pros
mileage and cell phon reimbursement
Cons
no drive time reimbursement, mileage reimbursement is very low.
Nurse
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 11, 2012
wound care
iv
skilled nursing people
vitals
hardest part taking work home
Pros
pay
Cons
no job security
Fun place to be
Billing Specialist/Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 13, 2012
Management was great, always put a smile on your face. What I learned was time management skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Choice Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.