First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work! Courier position worst!
Courier (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 1, 2015
I worked here as a courier for 2 years and put a lot into this company. I worked hard and built replationships with all our members. Then one day without any signs I got fired. Management is terrible and don't care about their employees and will fire anyone for anything. Management treats the courier position like dirt.
Mortgage Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 27, 2016
***Columbia, SC*** Horrible management!!! Very judgemental about african american employees. Management was poor in providing resources for training. Deceptive, vindictive and very unprofessional. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company that is looking for a fair opportunity in growth and advancement.
Pros
GREAT PAY
Cons
BIAS MANAGEMENT, POOR TRAINING AND UNPROFESSIONALISM
Good place to work if you want to find a niche and stay.
IT (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 5, 2013
Overall, this is a good place to work. Health benefits are competitive, PTO after 3 years is very nice, along with 10 Federal Holidays. As far as IT goes, new management has things heading in the correct direction. The pay is not as competetive as other companies, so there is a fair amount of turnover. People use this company as a stepping stone, because they do not do salary assessments. The core of the business and the Holding family are very conservative and solid in decision making, which made them successful through the recession. They did not make the mistakes the big name banks did. Job security really is there. Some people retire from the bank after 50 years, which says something for the company.
Pros
solid business
Cons
competetive salary
People get fired a lot, they just disappear
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Raliegh, ncNovember 9, 2014
This applies specifically to the finance group but is evidently the same in many areas. They are constantly firing people, but the higher management does not realize that their middle management has almost no skill. I worked for a woman who was a good accountant, but had no business actually managing people. No mentoring or coaching skills at all. When you go ask about a problem or how to do something the answer is "just go figure it out, that is how I learned to do it." Getting out of this place was the best thing for my well being, even being unemployed is better. Stay away from the finance and accounting area if you value your sanity!
Pros
pay was ok, benefits ok, company cafeteria, sometime they brought in donuts
Cons
poor management, don't care about people, culture of firing people, it is like the mafia where you just disappear one day
Great Company Overall
CBO SPECIALIST I (Current Employee) –  Raleigh NCMarch 16, 2014
I love my job everything about it except in my field of work there is no opportunity for growth. I work Monday thru Friday 7:15am- 4:15pm. I work extremely well with all my coworkers and the hardest part of my job is when we have down time. I like to be busy throughout the day.
Pros
hours, benefits, coworkers, management, weekends off
Cons
down time, no room for growth, pay could be more
They love to fire people no write up you're just
BSO (Former Employee) –  CALIFORNIAJuly 11, 2014
Mini Wells Fargo sell sell sell or your fired. Management only care about meeting sales goals!
Cons
sell sell sell
My review
Private Wealth Advisory Services Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 23, 2012
My review of this company is okay. I enjoyed working for First Citizens for 5 years until I was laid off. I saw it coming though...which is why I had a box parked at my desk for 6 months. I should have stayed in management. Dont climb up to close to God....he might shake the tree :( oh well...this job experience has left me humble and that is why I am going back to what I know....bank management.
Good Stable Work Place
Float Teller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2013
Typical day included securing the perimeters during open and close. Counting larges sums of cash and being responsible for it. I learned to handle customer complaints and concerns, through genuine care and active listening. Management was very good, hardest part of the job was to make sure the money is always correct. Most enjoyable part was the people I worked along side with.
Best job I ever had.
Teller I & Teller II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 11, 2014
I loved working at the Ridgewood Branch in Raleigh, NC. All the tellers got along great. We all clicked. We even had nicknames for each other. Work didn't seem like work. We all helped each other when dealing with everyday issues. We all had each others backs.
Pros
monday-friday, 9-5, weekends off, good pay, good benefits, etc.
Cons
occational personality issues with workers. butting heads.
Really good place to get banking knowledge
Customer Service Rep(Float Teller) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2013
The pay is okay but then again I just worked Seasonal. You gain a lot of intangible experiences here. Time goes by fast. But customers are out of control. Just smile and they might have mercy on you.
Pros
great coworkers, management is good
Cons
babied customers who wants you to wash their feet. they hate new faces
Stable working Environment
Client Bank Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 12, 2013
Daily support of the external client was the main focus
Resolution of to all questions and concerns was the goal for each day. Interfaced with all levels of management both internally and externally.
Great team environment -

The most enjoyable part of the job was creating a win for the client.
Pros
stable company
A strick work place
Item Processor (Former Employee) –  Tryon Road -Raleigh NCJanuary 6, 2014
A job that required you to come to work and do what you are paid to do with little or no talking. Management would watch to make sure your were doing your job the way they wanted it done, My co workers was friendly and polite as allowed by management, The job was not a hard job , but a lot of steady working.
Good company to work for but management falls short
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 6, 2014
The customers and co-workers are generally great, but management lays out nearly-unreachable expectations without providing the tools to reach them.
Great work and life balance
IT Department (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 20, 2013
Great work and life balance and benefits. Work from home was an option for our department.
Overall it wasn't a bad place to work. I would probably still be there if it wasn't for my position being eliminated.
Lead CBO Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 24, 2013
I worked third shift, so when I got to work I would check
emails to see if there were any problems I should be aware of.
Then I would bring up the system and then go out to
the courier area to get the work in from our Charlotte site, bring the work in set up for processing. Through out the night checking for work coming in from other sites, generating reports, logging times for each job we would run, kicking off jobs. Also calling technician if there were any machine problems.
Great place to work!
ACH Processor II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 28, 2013
Amenities were wonderful and management really took an interest in the staff. I had an amazing experience there!
Loan Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 4, 2014
There is a lot of room for advancement and the job sulture is great
Pros
training
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful company to work for
CBO Specialist I and II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2013
wonderful company to work for, excellent benefits , employees have dinners, hours and days are productive
Processed loan, customer service
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  raleigh,ncJanuary 15, 2014
Communicated with clients, agents, and other companies
Management was not great
co workers were great
good work environment
CBO Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 3, 2013
nice place to work, Job security is so so. overall cant really complain though, its the world we live in.