First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace. Takes care of their employees.
Marketing Information Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 7, 2017
First Citizens Bank offers great benefit packages. This is a great place to start a career with lots of room for growth! I learned in depth knowledge about the Banking industry. I truly felt appreciated by the executive team members. The most enjoyable part of my job was all of the exciting new projects and collaborative team members I was able to work with along the way!
SALES AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE III (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCDecember 7, 2017
It is a fun place to work and hours/benefits are competitive. My office is young and energetic and has a great vibe between clients and staff.
It can be slow at times but that is fine as it gives a chance to catch up
Pros
Pto
Cons
Distance
Never a dull day
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIDecember 5, 2017
Rumors get started easily and being late or leaving early is not easily tolerated. Shift bids seem ever going and no one likes it. You get moved to a new shift every few months and it is based on job performance.
Pros
Hour lunches and two 15 minute breaks
Cons
Not paid enough for what they want you to do
Strong, traditional bank
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2017
Sound, stable and well organized. Employees take pride in their work and their employer. Good work/life balance with challenging work. Fair comp and benefits.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCNovember 27, 2017
I loved my job!!! Management was great as well as my co-workers. The benefits are awesome but the pay could be a little better. I would recommend working at this bank.
Pros
Really care about the customers
Cons
pay
First Citizens Bank
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCNovember 23, 2017
I worked as a customer service agent in the call center. Pay was not very good. Time off was difficult. I was not happy with the bank not closing for holidays.
Pros
Cons
all
Great Place
Sales & Service Rep III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 21, 2017
First Citizens is a GREAT company! They really care for their customers and employees. Opportunity to advance comes often if you show your dedication!
Paid well
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 21, 2017
The job paid well and offered flexible hours but it was not a good environment. There were 2 people I still communicate with regularly that I didn't mind working with. The rest of the employees were unprofessional, rude, inconsiderate and difficult to work with. It wasn't just the employees it was management as well. It started with the branch manager. She was a nice until you did something she didn't like then it was like walking on egg shells. Lacking in people skills and tact they didn't help the bank at all. They promoted teamwork but really it was every person for themselves and you better watch your back and not make any mistakes. I liked the work but went home after every shift feeling less about myself due to being teased and cut down and not being appreciated for working hard even if I didn't know every procedure or policy.
Stressful
Employee Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 16, 2017
Since starting with another bank, it is now clear to me just how bad FCB was. Poor management, the wrong people in positions, favoritism, overworked, the list goes on and on. This company is taking in too much too quickly at the expense of their associates.
Pros
Challenging environment
Cons
The stress will kill you
Decent place to work for.
Float Sales & Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCNovember 16, 2017
Working for a bank can always be stressful, but FCB made it fun and interesting. Good bank. The companys good, the managers are great.. It is overall a very good company to work for.
Good work place.
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 14, 2017
Good work place and amazing benefits. Pay could always be better as in most jobs. Otherwise great company to work for. Promotions in the Wilmington area are really hard to come by as competition is VERY stiff.
Typical financial institution
TELLER II (Former Employee) –  Conway, SC 29526November 7, 2017
Being a teller (know known as sales associate) is a fast-paced position with attention to detail, excellent cash handling and superior customer service a must. I did not enjoy having to cross-sell, since I felt it put additional pressure on the teller line and should be done on the platform side of the bank. Excellent benefits, but there is no flexibility in this position with regard to days worked, etc.
Pros
excellent benefits, paid holidays
Cons
having to cross-sell products to existing customers
Not the best but not the worst
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Company offers great benefits. Starts you with 160hrs of PTO. Co-workers were cool for the most part. Management was okay besides my branch's assistant manager. Overall, I liked it. Didn't like the fact though that there's not much room for advancement in Houston being that there's only two branches. If I wanted to move up, I had to move out of the city
would not recommend
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2017
The work itself is interesting. The stress upper management places on subordinates creates extremely low morale. Banking in general used to have a friendly, customer service work environment, but it has become a extremely high pressure sales/goal oriented job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
extremely low morale
It has gone down hill
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 1, 2017
FCB was an amazing place to work, until they became more focused on buying failing banks. They started to higher managers that were awful to their employees and didn't notice. Micro-managers who didn't trust employees who had been there over 10, 20, 30 years to do their jobs. They started to drive out the "long timers" to bring in younger people, at a lower pay... Good luck to them getting the same quality of work they did from the committed employees. I know my days are limited.
Great Training
Mortgage Construcion (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 1, 2017
Very busy and always learning something new.

Everyone worked together to get the job done.

Very fast paced.

Great office environment, like celebrating birthdays and such.
Pros
Great people
Cons
For me I had no benefits.
Relaxed yet busy environment to work in
CBO Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 31, 2017
I loved the work that I got to do, just didn't get enough hours per week to drive into the city where the job was located. I only left the company to do a different type of job with my husband. I would work for First Citizens Bank again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
hours not what I thought I would get
It was a very productive bank
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eaton, COOctober 31, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bank one. I all ways stayed busy. We had a great team. It wasn't stressful and people supported one another and our manager was very supportive and not afraid to teach what needed to be taught.The hardest part of working there were the robberies.
Pros
great bennifits
Great Place to Work
SBA Closing Manger/AVP/Asst. Secretary/Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2017
Love FCB...great atmosphere, great morale, not stressful and always looking to promote from within. Glad I relocated to be here! Manager is wonderful.
Stable & steadfast, don't expect much to happen quickly.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 29, 2017
This is a great bank all around, to work for and to have accounts at. Your management team will dictate your experience with the bank. Some micro-manage because they came from places like Wells Fargo, some are more relational managers.

Make sure you have political savvy before attempting to navigate across business lines. You can be the top dog and still not get what you want, a higher position or more pay. In the areas you WANT to work in, there is very little turnover- so you will need to wait out an opportunity. Be wary of high turnover areas, that illuminates poor management issues.

The training program lacks luster. Don't expect to be coached to better your skills. You will not be managed to elevate your skills. Most managers don't even know how to properly manage although they receive the more training than other positions.

Policies and procedures are not followed on a consistent basis, causing client upsets- one branch allows xyz, another branch doesn't. Customer becomes irate, understandably so.

This is not a write-up atmosphere or high pressured. If your management team previously worked at Wells Fargo, they may be more micro-managing than you will prefer. Managers are not managed so you may have one that is never in the office, comes in late and leaves early or some variation.

There are many sales focuses and come from all directions without much notice. There are incentives but they may stop so don't count on them, at first they were easy to obtain and then the goalpost got harder. There are yearly recognition outings for the top performers.
  more...
Food gifts such as lunches are used as recognition tools. If your branch is short-staffed you may have to work through lunch but they will pay for your lunch. Overtime is not allowed unless approved by manager.

The customers are the best part of your job, helping them and watching them become more successful financially. You can do that at any bank but First Citizens is worth working for - just be aware. Benefits are good, there is no stock option.
Pros
Stable company, Good benefits
Cons
Management, Training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.