First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Fantastic
Sales and Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJanuary 17, 2017
All reps have the ability to progress and obtain opportunities. The company is a great place to work. I would recommend anyone to work for First Citizens Bank. The employees are treated extremely well and all staff are great.
VP-Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 13, 2017
Great place to work because of the benefits, promotes from within and excellent leadership, management is supportive
The best company I've worked at
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 13, 2017
Great training, great job structure, attainable goals, well paid, little turn over, great Management. If I could, I would have never left here. I was dealing with personal issues and quit. They have little turnover and promote within a lot, so it's hard to get in. So if you do, don't leave!
Pros
Great pay, longevity in career, good benefits and pto, good work life balance
Cons
Hard to get on staff
ok plac to work
Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 11, 2017
It was only a contract threw a temp agency, but they made me feel comfortable and relaxed. They helped me and took their time in making sure i knew what to do. The supervisor wasnt really that helpful, but the employees were.
Good Company
VP Financial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fircrest, WAJanuary 5, 2017
Strong, focused, educational bank. Great benefits! Excellent environment for leadership. Co-workers are fun and everyone is encouraging. Goals are challenging.
Fast pace and stressful but can be rewarding
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Large pipelines of loans with limited amount of time to get them approved. Constantly communicating to the borrower and others about status of the loans.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too into production numbers
Decent place of employment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2017
Decent place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCDecember 31, 2016
Decent place to work with a lot of really good people. Management, as in most cases, had its problems, but for the most part I enjoyed the experiences I had there and everything I learned.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management/pay
great place to work..co-workers and customers made my day
Vault teller (Former Employee) –  GigHarbor, WADecember 17, 2016
I truly loved working at the bank. The job itself was a job I enjoyed and interacting with customers was so much fun.
My co-workers and I always worked well together as a team and family.
High Demands , High Stress
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2016
Troubleshoot and keep watch of their ATM and bank network . I learned how to read their systems. Management was hot and cold . My co workers were close knit with themselves. The hardest part of this job was making sure problems were resolved quickly. The most enjoyable part was resolving outages and tickets.
Pros
Free bank account
Cons
low morale
IT had good pay
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
I would do deposits and withdrawals
the customers were nice
the pay was really good 12.00 for me not to have experience.
they train you pretty well
I worked only on Saturday a month and sometimes not even that
Pros
pay
Cons
not enough hours
stressful enviornment
Sales & Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 25, 2016
Working with this company stared out great. But when I was moved to another branch things went down hill. The CSRs were not friendly at all and made me very uncomfortable while I was there.
Pros
salary
Cons
management wasnt very pleasant
Unorganized
Electronic Banking Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 22, 2016
Honestly, It was very unorganized. It's a really great resume builder, but when it comes to organization, and management; they need to do better. Its a very friendly environment, but other than that, very organized.
Nice workplace
Sales and Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chase City, VANovember 21, 2016
First Citizens has great benefits and are nice to work for. It's a fast-passed environment with sales/referral goals. The best part is working with and helping customers. Management has a hard time correcting/guiding employees.
Pros
Awesome paid time-off
Cons
lacking in leadership
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, SCNovember 19, 2016
Taking care of customer needs and directing them to the appropriate people. Customer satisfaction is very important. Working with associates as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job was to satisfy the needs of customers and employer.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks
Telephone Banker
Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 15, 2016
First Citizens Bank Pros: a typical day at work would be logging into the phone system and assisting customers with their online banking needs, and answering account requests. First Citizen offered overtime, which is good for those that are trying to save for the holidays are looking to just invest in something valuable. I do like the idea that I was able to learn a few job skills.

First Citizens Bank Cons: the only improvement I think that the company need is in the area of training and moral. I believe that any customer service call center need moral boosters to keep employees motivated and encourage to assist customers with their online banking needs considering the new online banking platform that was rolled out in a short period of time. Training was two and a half days which forced us to self teach ourself with navigating through different systems while providing quality customer service.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
not enough training.
Great bank
Business Banking, VP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2016
I loved working for First Citizens Bank. It is a great company and loved the management structure and team, such a transparent layer of management. I learned so much at this bank, too bad the growth of opportunity was very limited since there was only 2 locations in Houston.
Pros
Great management and learned so much more about commercial banking
Cons
Limited opportunity for growth due to a small presence in Houston
I loved FCB
SSRII/Bankcard Operations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 4, 2016
I loved FCB, the reason that I left was for school and I knew that the bank wasn't my career choice. I learned about data entry, handling money, keeping confidential records, using mainframes and different computer systems, customer service, etc. I worked alone and in a team environment. The hardest part of the job was realizing that this wasn't my career, I knew I was looking for something different. The most enjoyable part were my co-workers, I love people.
Great place to work for sales, driven individuals
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2016
Love the people, and customers.
The branches are beautiful and you feel proud to be apart of the company.
The hardest part of the job is meeting your goals as a branch associate without walk in traffic. Prospecting and cold calling is difficult to me personally so I didn't enjoy that part of the job.
Pros
family, good benefits
Cons
sales driven
N/a
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 21, 2016
Backwards company still working in the old days
No Work life balance
Utilization of technology is not used in an optimal fashion
Upper Management doesn't care about Work/Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.