First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

stressful enviornment
Sales & Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 25, 2016
Working with this company stared out great. But when I was moved to another branch things went down hill. The CSRs were not friendly at all and made me very uncomfortable while I was there.
Pros
salary
Cons
management wasnt very pleasant
Unorganized
Electronic Banking Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 22, 2016
Honestly, It was very unorganized. It's a really great resume builder, but when it comes to organization, and management; they need to do better. Its a very friendly environment, but other than that, very organized.
Nice workplace
Sales and Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chase City, VANovember 21, 2016
First Citizens has great benefits and are nice to work for. It's a fast-passed environment with sales/referral goals. The best part is working with and helping customers. Management has a hard time correcting/guiding employees.
Pros
Awesome paid time-off
Cons
lacking in leadership
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, SCNovember 19, 2016
Taking care of customer needs and directing them to the appropriate people. Customer satisfaction is very important. Working with associates as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job was to satisfy the needs of customers and employer.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks
Telephone Banker
Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 15, 2016
First Citizens Bank Pros: a typical day at work would be logging into the phone system and assisting customers with their online banking needs, and answering account requests. First Citizen offered overtime, which is good for those that are trying to save for the holidays are looking to just invest in something valuable. I do like the idea that I was able to learn a few job skills.

First Citizens Bank Cons: the only improvement I think that the company need is in the area of training and moral. I believe that any customer service call center need moral boosters to keep employees motivated and encourage to assist customers with their online banking needs considering the new online banking platform that was rolled out in a short period of time. Training was two and a half days which forced us to self teach ourself with navigating through different systems while providing quality customer service.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
not enough training.
Great bank
Business Banking, VP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2016
I loved working for First Citizens Bank. It is a great company and loved the management structure and team, such a transparent layer of management. I learned so much at this bank, too bad the growth of opportunity was very limited since there was only 2 locations in Houston.
Pros
Great management and learned so much more about commercial banking
Cons
Limited opportunity for growth due to a small presence in Houston
I loved FCB
SSRII/Bankcard Operations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 4, 2016
I loved FCB, the reason that I left was for school and I knew that the bank wasn't my career choice. I learned about data entry, handling money, keeping confidential records, using mainframes and different computer systems, customer service, etc. I worked alone and in a team environment. The hardest part of the job was realizing that this wasn't my career, I knew I was looking for something different. The most enjoyable part were my co-workers, I love people.
Great place to work for sales, driven individuals
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2016
Love the people, and customers.
The branches are beautiful and you feel proud to be apart of the company.
The hardest part of the job is meeting your goals as a branch associate without walk in traffic. Prospecting and cold calling is difficult to me personally so I didn't enjoy that part of the job.
Pros
family, good benefits
Cons
sales driven
N/a
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 21, 2016
Backwards company still working in the old days
No Work life balance
Utilization of technology is not used in an optimal fashion
Upper Management doesn't care about Work/Life Balance
Good working environment with opportunities to learn and grow
Sales & Service Representative Level III (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAOctober 17, 2016
First Citizens is concerned with their employees and their surrounding communities. There are many opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge within the company.
Bankers Hours
Teller Leader (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 16, 2016
The way this company handled my exit was less than poor. They decided that my job could be condensed down and they had no need for me any longer.
Pros
holidays and weekends off
Cons
too much micro managing
Productive but highly micromanaged.
Senior Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2016
Great place to work if interested in the banking industry. The company is growing and they constantly promote within the company. Do not expect to slack off and get away with it, the company is highly micromanaged. That being said, FCB does compensate their employees well for their hard work.
Pros
Very flexible with time off
Cons
Highly micromanaged
First Citizens Bank gave me the opportunity to advance within a year of employment.
AVP, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC, Anderson SC, Charlotte NCOctober 13, 2016
Responsible for 55 associates. Making sure the daily operations of customer accounts get processed and posted to their accounts in a timely and accurate way. Daily scheduling to make sure shifts are covered for production. Hiring and firing of associates. Projecting yearly budget and meeting budget at end of the year. Associate monthly one on ones, 6 month and 12 month reviews with merit. Keeping hardware and software up to date, running properly, generator maintenance. On call at all times.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
2 many organizational changes
Productive and fun
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 22, 2016
Very good job for those of a fast past and also relaxed job. This job brings you relationships with your customers that you cherish for life
Relaxed workplace with colorful customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 20, 2016
Working as a teller allows you to meet customers from all walks of life. As you manage their banking, you learn more about their business and personal lives as you strive to meet their needs. The customers become like a second family, and also offer a variety of networking opportunities.
Pros
Network with various customers
Cons
Short breaks
Bankers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 12, 2016
This was a good environment and many good people.The company cared about it's employees. The location was also very accessible. Had a chance to meet many.
Mid-sized Bank, Dealing With Some Growing Pains
Senior Programmer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2016
First Citizens Bank is a rapidly-growing company and, as a result, is having some difficulty dealing with the process. It seems to have one foot stuck in the past, and one in the future.

The culture is fairly relaxed but, given the number of tech workers in the company, the nerd culture seems to be somewhat lacking.
Nice work atmosphere
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2016
Perfect work hours, nice and helpful coworkers. I enjoy the job itself however the trainer is inconsistent and out of town on assignment a lot. Job security is uncertain.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Training is unorganized.
Family owned
CCR (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCSeptember 1, 2016
this place is good to work, they care about their employees and they want everyone to do well. overall 10/10. I would work there again
Fsr ii
Financial Services Representative II (S.A.F.E) (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 26, 2016
Great place to work, hard to move up, great people very conservative. Management very professional. Vacation starting out 4 weeks, very good compared to most companies.