First Citizens Bank

First Citizens Bank Employer Reviews

People get fired a lot, they just disappear
Accountant (Former Employee), Raliegh, ncNovember 9, 2014
Pros: pay was ok, benefits ok, company cafeteria, sometime they brought in donuts
Cons: poor management, don't care about people, culture of firing people, it is like the mafia where you just disappear one day
This applies specifically to the finance group but is evidently the same in many areas. They are constantly firing people, but the higher management does not realize that their middle management has almost no skill. I worked for a woman who was a good accountant, but had no business actually managing people. No mentoring or coaching skills at all. When – more... you go ask about a problem or how to do something the answer is "just go figure it out, that is how I learned to do it." Getting out of this place was the best thing for my well being, even being unemployed is better. Stay away from the finance and accounting area if you value your sanity! – less
THEY LOVE TO FIRE PEOPLE NO WRITE UP YOU'RE JUST
BSO (Former Employee), CALIFORNIAJuly 11, 2014
Cons: sell sell sell
Mini Wells Fargo sell sell sell or your fired. Management only care about meeting sales goals!
Loan Document Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 4, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: short breaks
There is a lot of room for advancement and the job sulture is great
Great Company Overall
CBO SPECIALIST I (Current Employee), Raleigh NCMarch 16, 2014
Pros: hours, benefits, coworkers, management, weekends off
Cons: down time, no room for growth, pay could be more
I love my job everything about it except in my field of work there is no opportunity for growth. I work Monday thru Friday 7:15am- 4:15pm. I work extremely well with all my coworkers and the hardest part of my job is when we have down time. I like to be busy throughout the day.
Best job I ever had.
Teller I & Teller II (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 11, 2014
Pros: monday-friday, 9-5, weekends off, good pay, good benefits, etc.
Cons: occational personality issues with workers. butting heads.
I loved working at the Ridgewood Branch in Raleigh, NC. All the tellers got along great. We all clicked. We even had nicknames for each other. Work didn't seem like work. We all helped each other when dealing with everyday issues. We all had each others backs.
Good company to work for but management falls short
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee), Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 6, 2014
The customers and co-workers are generally great, but management lays out nearly-unreachable expectations without providing the tools to reach them.
Processed loan, customer service
Loan Processor (Former Employee), raleigh,ncJanuary 15, 2014
Communicated with clients, agents, and other companies
Management was not great
co workers were great
A strick work place
Item Processor (Former Employee), Tryon Road -Raleigh NCJanuary 6, 2014
A job that required you to come to work and do what you are paid to do with little or no talking. Management would watch to make sure your were doing your job the way they wanted it done, My co workers was friendly and polite as allowed by management, The job was not a hard job , but a lot of steady working.
Great place
Application Developer J2EE (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 27, 2013
You feel good that you are working for great company every day
Stable working Environment
Client Bank Analyst III (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 12, 2013
Pros: stable company
Daily support of the external client was the main focus
Resolution of to all questions and concerns was the goal for each day. Interfaced with all levels of management both internally and externally.
Great team environment -

The most enjoyable part of the job was creating a win for the client.
Great work and life balance
IT Department (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 20, 2013
Great work and life balance and benefits. Work from home was an option for our department.
Wonderful company to work for
CBO Specialist I and II (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2013
wonderful company to work for, excellent benefits , employees have dinners, hours and days are productive
Really good place to get banking knowledge
Customer Service Rep(Float Teller) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, management is good
Cons: babied customers who wants you to wash their feet. they hate new faces
The pay is okay but then again I just worked Seasonal. You gain a lot of intangible experiences here. Time goes by fast. But customers are out of control. Just smile and they might have mercy on you.
Great place to work!
ACH Processor II (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 28, 2013
Amenities were wonderful and management really took an interest in the staff. I had an amazing experience there!
Great Bank
Bankcard Specialist (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 14, 2013
This is a great bank to work for. It still has and applies a small town atmosphere and cares about its customers.
Good place to work if you want to find a niche and stay.
IT (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 5, 2013
Pros: solid business
Cons: competetive salary
Overall, this is a good place to work. Health benefits are competitive, PTO after 3 years is very nice, along with 10 Federal Holidays. As far as IT goes, new management has things heading in the correct direction. The pay is not as competetive as other companies, so there is a fair amount of turnover. People use this company as a stepping stone, because – more... they do not do salary assessments. The core of the business and the Holding family are very conservative and solid in decision making, which made them successful through the recession. They did not make the mistakes the big name banks did. Job security really is there. Some people retire from the bank after 50 years, which says something for the company. – less
good work environment
CBO Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 3, 2013
nice place to work, Job security is so so. overall cant really complain though, its the world we live in.
Comfortable Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2013
Pros: sitting down, work at your pace, calls aren't timed
Cons: not enough hours, trying to find out the cause of an issue with people money.
It's most definitely not your typical call center. It's a very open and a professional place, where everyone is treated with respect and understanding. The hardest part of the job is retaining all of the bank related information. However, they store most of the useful tips and info on one of their websites.
Hardest part of the job
Trust Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 22, 2013
Pros: love securities industry
Cons: no morning breaks
Reviewing credit postings for hundreds of securities prior to settlement while ensuring system uploads matched trustee reporting.
Friendly Environment
Head Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2013
I also enjoyed my position with this company. I left to persue a more advanced Office Manager roll.