First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Stressview
Trust Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2017
If I have known that it was a family owned Bank, I would not have applied.

The person I worked for was bias, I reported him. They made him go to management training classes. I requested a transfer and received one, shortly after I made the complaint, they let me go. I learned you can't complain even if it is legitimate without getting fired.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Family owned
Great workmanship
Financial Services Representative I (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 13, 2017
The people in your branch are great to work with and the regular customers is what makes the job fun. Company hired within its organization. I advanced up from teller to customer service.
Was an interesting place to work.
Business & Commercial Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77478September 11, 2017
I stayed busy at all times working on new loans, renewals, monitoring and maintenance of loans, and learned more about loans, software, and people. Reports were daily, weekly and monthly.
Pros
enjoyed my work
Cons
no work family
Excellent Place To Work
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 8, 2017
Great team work and training. Provided flexibilty in learning multiple areas of the position. Cross training in various duties and supports work and life balance.
Stressful
Teller I, Teller II, Loan Document Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 6, 2017
Days were stressful because we had several assignments. The management was very strict and did not give you any room for errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was lots of team work and meeting & making several friends.
Lack of employee engagement
Senior Underwriter Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2017
Poor senior management,company wide there is lack of diversity in management. Management expectations are out of touch with the reality of those completing the work. There is no unity, trust and everyone is for them selves. I have worked in the banking industry since 1995 and this is the worse company I have worked for. There is no HR exit interview so either HR does not care good employees are leaving or why they are leaving because no one bothers to find out. I have an advance degree with over a decade of work experience yet my manger only had a high diploma how is that possible?
Pros
Healthcare benifits
Cons
Poor managment, lack of diversity, good education is not rewarded
Productive and fun
EXECUTIVE LOAN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2017
Great place to work. In banking your learning something new all the time because rules an regulations are constantly changing. Always learning something new...the most enjoyable part of the job was customers.
It was a great work environment
Application Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29201August 30, 2017
I can only speak to the work environment prior to their merger with First Citizens NC because my position was eliminated after merger. Prior to merger the teamwork and project work load made this position incredibly enjoyable. There was a great balance of demand for new initiatives and the opportunity to succeed in developing and implementing them. Management appreciated initiative and creativity and rewarded employees accordingly for business changers.

I was there until merger and FCNC seemed to have a very collaborative environment as well. Their size was larger and structure more defined to support their national footprint, which did make it a different environment for IT Change Management. However, I enjoyed the short time I had working for them through conversion as well and know of people still working there and enjoying the environment.
Good company to work for
SALES AND SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE III (Former Employee) –  White Sulphur Springs, WVAugust 30, 2017
Good corporate policies and fair treatment of employees. Good culture and good hiring practices made the working environment pleasant. Provided support needed to perform job duties.
Pros
Good corporate culture
Cons
Not many opportunities for advancement
Transaction
Senior Commercial Banker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2017
The Houston and Sugar Land office are going through a tough transaction right now.

The bank's Houston Market has been going through a rough transition since the beginning of 2017. There has been some turnover with employees.
Pros
Great work/life balance, excellent customer service both internally and externally
Cons
Houston office is in the middle of a transaction with some turnover
Off All Federal Holidays
SALES/SERVICE REP I/II (Former Employee) –  Williston, SCAugust 23, 2017
Although very structured for success and have all the tools to be great. When you place unprofessional people in a professional environment it is a recipe for very low productivity.
Demanding work, no support, low reward
Loan Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 20, 2017
The bank has gone downhill after a new loan system was implemented and the SC merger. There have been issues since implementation, causing many manual processes and burnout amongst staff. Instead of a fix, management just pushes its associates to work overtime. The SC arm of the bank - just wow. Not sure how they stayed in business with some of their practices. If you aren't a "good ole boy", then this is not the place for you.
Pros
Pto, health, dental, vision insurance
Cons
Poor senior management, expectations are out of touch with the reality of those completing the work
Friendly environment and team work atmosphere
Banker Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 16, 2017
Great to work for. Coworkers are all nice with great management team. Amount of sales brought to the branch was great from all the bankers which kept me busy and that's what I like.
Fun workplace
Personal Banker/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAAugust 15, 2017
I really enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part about my job was meeting the monthly goals that allowed us to get incentives. It was stressful at times.
This is not the correct bank logo showing
AVP-Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 11, 2017
The logo showing for First Citizens is not the same one I worked for. I worked for the one located in Elizabethtown, KY. They have since been acquired by another financial institution.
Working at First Citizens Bank
Network Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2017
I was only working for First Citizens Bank due to an acquisition of First Regional Bank. We were retained as employees until after the transition was complete. This was the agreement we had working at First Citizens Bank. I am not really in the liberty to provide feedback on any work experience I had with them. During the few months, it was very intense because of deadline.
Productive and stressful at times
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCAugust 9, 2017
Management could be different but it was fair. Working with not so happy people sometimes was stressful. I learned what to do and not to do in a professional work place. I loved working with the customers that would come in.
Pros
Paid time off and insurance
Cons
Sometimes a stressful environment
Pressure from management.
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 7, 2017
IT requires after hour support since the bank must post every day they are open. Management is stressed and projects that on employees. Non-management are great people to work with. Company is family run which is really nice as it is not tied to quarterly stock prices.
Pros
good people
Cons
Sometimes after hour calls. Relatively stressful relationship with IT management.
Guaranty Bank
Administrative/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 3, 2017
I was at Guaranty Bank for almost 16 years and enjoyed it very much. I learned many different areas and finally settled down as the Executive Assistant to the Pesident. He was a great person to work for and was very sad to see it come to an end.
Very fun workplace
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 3, 2017
I will encourage people to apply and work for the company. They treat their employees well. This place is definitely work working. Their is job security going here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.