First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

fun, energetic
Teller/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCApril 27, 2017
FCB was a fun and energetic place to work. I formed many friendships working here. The customers were all so friendly and nice to talk with. I loved the hometown banking atmosphere of FCB. I would recommend it to anyone.
Trust
Trust Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2017
The Trust Department used to be a great place to work. I don't know if it is the new management and organizational structure or problems that are still around since the SC merger; either way it really went downhill fast! Infighting, confusion and non stop stress became the norm. I had to leave before it got worse!
Pros
Benefits and compensation package
Cons
Stress, pressure and too much change in a short amount of time
Stay Away from the Wealth Management Group
Trust (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 14, 2017
Awful. Just awful. Management team is out of touch of what is really going on and is so sales focused that they cannot see anything else. People are working crazy hours and are under intense pressure but are not given any tools or support to achieve success. They burn through them fast here!
Pros
You will be exposed to a lot of projects.
Cons
You will burn out.
Bank Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Polson, MTApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed working in the bank and getting to know the customers that came in on a daily basis on a personal level. This was my first bank job and I realized how much I enjoying the banking world.
they care about their customers
Sales and Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 3, 2017
best part is the customers, they are really nice and they enjoy seeing the same face year after year. the building is also very clean and attractive.
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 1, 2017
A very strong bank to work for, First Citizens is a true traditional bank. Client service is top priority and it sets us apart from the competition. In each area employees feel like family.
Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2017
Teller transactions
Vault Teller
open mortgage account
open visa credit card
Update customers information
waive overdraft fees
Suggest overdraft protection
Pros
nice staff
Cons
bad location
great company for starters
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 20, 2017
company offers opportunities for growth, great training and development team, I learned a lot while here for 2 years while completing Bachelors degree
Productive and challenging work place
Financial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Newland, NCMarch 15, 2017
8-5pm, Operations opening and in evenings, operations closing. Training staff on continuing basis to be more geared toward a selling environment instead of customer service driven. While still providing top notch service and sales.
Pros
Good work life balance, PTO and Vacation days
Cons
Advancement
I liked this working environment
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 15, 2017
I loved the work environment. This was a professional place to work . This is a company that really cares for and takes care of its employees on a day to day basis.
Safe Company
Business Banker (Current Employee) –  Louisburg, NCMarch 9, 2017
Safe Company with a long history dating back to 1898, largest family owned financial institution in the country. Chance to be promoted from within--usually hire from within. Training is lacking
Professional Environment
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for this bank. The staff and customers were very friendly and it allowed opportunity to move up quickly. Everyone worked together as a team and pushed to meet our goals in sales for the branch.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Head Office personnel management could be nasty at times.
Unprofessional and unethical
Private Wealth Assets Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 3, 2017
I wouldn't recommend working at the Private Wealth group unless you are willing to go above and beyond personally with the Director to get promoted. Unfortunately for that department so many have gotten terminated or quit because they did or didn't participate in the corruption and adultery. I would recommend another bank if you don't want to interface with this unethical and unbecoming behavior. Unfortunately the owner of the bank doesn't pay any attention to the turn over in that department.
Beware
Business and Commercial Loan Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 1, 2017
This bank started off as a great place to work, but with new management things started to decline and there was a lot of unfair practices that I endured as a result.
Pretty good
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 1, 2017
FCB is a pretty good company to work for. They are family owned and have those family values! However, they are becoming like every other bank and are pushing sales like crazy.
Lack of Upward Mobility
Worker (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 27, 2017
This company was purchased by it's larger sister company out of North Carolina and they went to a blended Banker/Teller role that effectively demoted all of the bankers. They hemorrhaged talent after that and there wasn't a lot of room before hand to get promoted. They did have a fantastic 6% 401K match and 4 weeks of vacation though.
Pros
401k 6%, 4 Weeks of Vacation
Cons
No career advancement, demoting top bankers into tellers
Productive work place
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 27, 2017
A typical day was working from 8 am to 6 pm. Often times working through lunch to help our customers with mortgage needs.The most enjoyable part of my job was being available to communicate with customers.
Pros
mortgage leads from inside the bank.
Cons
There never seems to be enough time in the day to help all customers
Good place to start out
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIFebruary 14, 2017
First Citizens State Bank can be a very good job, for starting out of school. Great experience, Wouldn't want to work here till retirement.
Pros
Clean work, well dressed
Cons
pay
Awesome work place
Bank Teller/ vault teller (Former Employee) –  Hull, GAFebruary 8, 2017
I dealt with customers and money all-day I loved my job. Awesome company to work with only problem is they merged and messed allot of system up and had to retrain all of us. I enjoyed working the vault and drive thru teller I am good with numbers.
Pros
Customers, free banking and savings, and benefits
Cons
Expect too much
Very high stress and inadequate support to effectively perform job requirements.
Secondary Marketing Commitment Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 8, 2017
The most stressful and negatively challenging job I've ever had. Employees did not receive support from their managers in order to accomplish their workload.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Extraordinary job expectations with little to no managerial support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.