First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Intern
Personal Wealth Advisory Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2017
I was a summer intern. Everyone was super helpful and doors were always open when I had a question. Kept in touch with managers and ended up working with FCB two years later. Highly recommend the intern program.
Pros
Learning
Unknown
Supervisor Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Harper Woods, MIOctober 16, 2017
First citizens bank took over Best bank. Best bank went bankrupt and sold the company. It left everun employee unemployed. It was closed down by the FDIC
Personal Banker / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNOctober 16, 2017
This place was very salesy. They forced you to stand out in the aisle and hound people into opening checking accoun they would never use. Part of the reason I'm leaving retail banking.
Competive
Mortgage Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 11, 2017
Small family financial institution that has grown to a very competitive force to see in comparison to others. They are driven to improve and add on more branch locations in various states.
Pros
great 401k
Cons
only microwaves are in cafe vs all breakrooms
19th Century Working Culture.
Peoplesoft Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 11, 2017
19th Century Working Culture. People attitude is totally different then any other company. They will not treat their employees professionally. Never ever join with them in the future.
Pros
Good location.
Cons
Very bad work environment.
great company to work for
Sales & Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2017
First Citizens, great company to work for if you are competitive, people oriented, good at math, honest, dependable, team player, problem solver, listen well to customer, etc.
its okay
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2017
It is an okay place to work I am not thrilled about banking in general so i may be biased but people said other banks they worked at paid more and had better benefits.
AVP Retail Operations Officer IRA/H S A Adm (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IAOctober 5, 2017
I would recommend FCB. It is a great company, great managers, and great work environment. FCB is a forward thinking company. A strong community bank that promotes volunteerism. FCB is a very giving bank.
Acquired by FDIC
Financial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJOctober 2, 2017
Management was great to work for and commuted from Virginia . Weakness was managing our branches from North Carolina and not having a local lending presence.
Pros
Competitive Sslary
Cons
Lack of presence in NJ
Good Company with great benefits
Business Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 29, 2017
First Citizens Bank is a mid sized bank that is very customer focused. They specialize in medical, dental and professional practices.
The Business Service Reps have a taxing job of setting up new accounts, deepening client relationships and prospecting for new business. Sales goals are pretty achievable, however, they give the Financial Sales Managers goals as well so at many times the BSR and the FSM are competing for the same clients and referrals from the Sales and Service Reps. This can create problems at times with in the branch.

Overall the company is a good place to work.
Competitive, stressful service desk.
Support Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 29, 2017
Service Desk was kept at minimal staff and driven by call volume statistics. First call resolution (FCR) was used as basis for performance ranking. Very good management, but staffing regulated by budgetary constraints.
Pros
It's a well-run help desk.
Cons
It's still a help desk.
Greatr
Assistant Branch / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 28, 2017
a great place to work for I enjoy working here. great people and great company. I would of retire from there if I could. they will relocate also. I like them alot
Overall a great place to work
Business &Treasury Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 27, 2017
The training offered here could use improvement but overall it a good company to work for with great benefits-management could use some improvement as well.. The pay is good.
Been a bit since I worked there
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTSeptember 23, 2017
At that time management was not very good at all. You were treated like you owed them everything in the world. not fair to employees at all. Not sure how they are now.
Pros
Customers were great. Miss them dearly.
Cons
Not family oriented at all
Great Bank
Senior Credit Resolution Officer - Special Assets (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2017
Good company to work for. Very stable bank, with a solid financial base and lending programs. Benefits are very competitive as is the Salary. Growth potential and mobility seems unlimited.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Stressview
Trust Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2017
If I have known that it was a family owned Bank, I would not have applied.

The person I worked for was bias, I reported him. They made him go to management training classes. I requested a transfer and received one, shortly after I made the complaint, they let me go. I learned you can't complain even if it is legitimate without getting fired.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Family owned
Great workmanship
Financial Services Representative I (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 13, 2017
The people in your branch are great to work with and the regular customers is what makes the job fun. Company hired within its organization. I advanced up from teller to customer service.
Was an interesting place to work.
Business & Commercial Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77478September 11, 2017
I stayed busy at all times working on new loans, renewals, monitoring and maintenance of loans, and learned more about loans, software, and people. Reports were daily, weekly and monthly.
Pros
enjoyed my work
Cons
no work family
Excellent Place To Work
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 8, 2017
Great team work and training. Provided flexibilty in learning multiple areas of the position. Cross training in various duties and supports work and life balance.
Stressful
Teller I, Teller II, Loan Document Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 6, 2017
Days were stressful because we had several assignments. The management was very strict and did not give you any room for errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was lots of team work and meeting & making several friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.