First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to work for sales, driven individuals
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2016
Love the people, and customers.
The branches are beautiful and you feel proud to be apart of the company.
The hardest part of the job is meeting your goals as a branch associate without walk in traffic. Prospecting and cold calling is difficult to me personally so I didn't enjoy that part of the job.
Pros
family, good benefits
Cons
sales driven
Business Banker
Vice President, Business Banker (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 23, 2016
Company pays above market average compensation; however, underwriters and credit target are still based on recent recession. Lack of vision or understanding of industries outside medical and dental. Narrow scope of target prospects makes it virtually impossible to hit production goals.
Pros
Great pay, flexible schedule, work from home
Cons
Underwriting, small minded customer/prospect focus, unachievable production goals
Best company I have worked for thus far in my career.
Float Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 23, 2016
They have great products and great rates. This company truly cares about their customers and employees-all of them! The employees matter from branch level to the higher management staff. Their salaries are not the highest, no commission or bonus, but the pay is good. Very loyal customers and long term employees. I left this job because I moved out of state and nothing was available.
Pros
Great professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
salary
Nice workplace
Sales and Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chase City, VANovember 21, 2016
First Citizens has great benefits and are nice to work for. It's a fast-passed environment with sales/referral goals. The best part is working with and helping customers. Management has a hard time correcting/guiding employees.
Pros
Awesome paid time-off
Cons
lacking in leadership
One of the Best Banks to work for!
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 19, 2016
First Citizens Bank is a wonderful business to work for! They are a family owned company and have been extremely profitable over the years. They are a company with a focus on innovation, one that has always focused on meeting and keeping up with their customer's ever changing needs. I thoroughly enjoyed working for First Citizens and if it were on the west coast (east coast operation only at the moment), would readily apply to my area's local branch. A wonderful place to work!
Pros
401k plan, health benefits (to include family members), professional atmosphere, innovative, quality products, genuine concern for clientele, vacation time, opportunities to relocate/advance
Cons
Each branch will be different depending on the surrounding area/market (not exactly a con though)
stressful enviornment
Sales & Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 25, 2016
Working with this company stared out great. But when I was moved to another branch things went down hill. The CSRs were not friendly at all and made me very uncomfortable while I was there.
Pros
salary
Cons
management wasnt very pleasant
Professional and secure work environment
Float Sales and Services Repersinitive (Former Employee) –  Buncombe County, NCMay 12, 2016
Very scheduled work day which I like - however I was a float teller which meant I had to travel to work and it was hard doing so with a new baby.

I learned everything about banking and all is listed on resume.

Very professional and understanding management.

Easy to get along with coworkers .

Travling to a different branch everyday.

Pay, benefits, security, and professionalism.
Pros
Steady hours, hour lunch break, pay, benefits
Cons
being a float teller and no openings for a stationary position
fine place to work.
Teller/ Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Polson, MTJune 7, 2016
I have enjoyed working at First Citizens Bank. The people have been delightful to work with, and I enjoy the customer relations. However I have also been sorely disappointed in the lack of appreciation from the employers. We do not have benefits for part time workers and minimal benefits for full time workers. There are also no raises given to loyal employees.
Pros
Holidays off, and 8-5 work day
Cons
No payraises, no overtime, no benefits
ok place to work
Loan Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 22, 2016
There were not a lot of opportunities for advancement in this company. The benefits were good and working with the coworkers was great.
Typical Day at First Citizens Bank
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Swansboro, NCJanuary 24, 2016
I come in and get my drawer out of vault. Then I set my window up for the time I will be working. I wait on customers and handle cashing checks, issuing Cashiers Checks, taking loan and mortgage payments. I also process deposits from personal and commercial customers. I look at customers accounts and if I see there is a need to talk with them about additional services that the bank has to offer, if the customer does not already have it, I send the customer over to our Financial Sales Representative for them to talk with the customer in more detail about that particular service. I also do outbound courtesy calls to existing customers. Then I balance my drawer at the end of day. Afterwards I put my cash drawer back in vault and leave.
Pros
Full Health Benefits
Cons
Horrible employer - will fire for no reason
Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Constantly firing people, but the higher management does not realize that their middle management has almost no skills.. I was provided very little training and absolutely no formal training or feedback from my manager.
Pros
Pay and benefits...
Cons
poor management, don't care about people, culture of firing people, it is like the mafia where you just disappear one day. No job security
First Citizens Bank gave me the opportunity to advance within a year of employment.
AVP, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC, Anderson SC, Charlotte NCOctober 13, 2016
Responsible for 55 associates. Making sure the daily operations of customer accounts get processed and posted to their accounts in a timely and accurate way. Daily scheduling to make sure shifts are covered for production. Hiring and firing of associates. Projecting yearly budget and meeting budget at end of the year. Associate monthly one on ones, 6 month and 12 month reviews with merit. Keeping hardware and software up to date, running properly, generator maintenance. On call at all times.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
2 many organizational changes
N/a
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 21, 2016
Backwards company still working in the old days
No Work life balance
Utilization of technology is not used in an optimal fashion
Upper Management doesn't care about Work/Life Balance
I loved FCB
SSRII/Bankcard Operations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 4, 2016
I loved FCB, the reason that I left was for school and I knew that the bank wasn't my career choice. I learned about data entry, handling money, keeping confidential records, using mainframes and different computer systems, customer service, etc. I worked alone and in a team environment. The hardest part of the job was realizing that this wasn't my career, I knew I was looking for something different. The most enjoyable part were my co-workers, I love people.
Telephone Banker
Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 15, 2016
First Citizens Bank Pros: a typical day at work would be logging into the phone system and assisting customers with their online banking needs, and answering account requests. First Citizen offered overtime, which is good for those that are trying to save for the holidays are looking to just invest in something valuable. I do like the idea that I was able to learn a few job skills.

First Citizens Bank Cons: the only improvement I think that the company need is in the area of training and moral. I believe that any customer service call center need moral boosters to keep employees motivated and encourage to assist customers with their online banking needs considering the new online banking platform that was rolled out in a short period of time. Training was two and a half days which forced us to self teach ourself with navigating through different systems while providing quality customer service.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
not enough training.
Great bank
Business Banking, VP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2016
I loved working for First Citizens Bank. It is a great company and loved the management structure and team, such a transparent layer of management. I learned so much at this bank, too bad the growth of opportunity was very limited since there was only 2 locations in Houston.
Pros
Great management and learned so much more about commercial banking
Cons
Limited opportunity for growth due to a small presence in Houston
good thing is work/life balance
FSR (Current Employee) –  Your Town, YSSeptember 1, 2015
This company's slogan should be "Nepotism is alive and well here!" Let's say you are meeting and in some cases exceeding company's standards. Well, it really doesn't matter because if your Regional Executive President has a friend that needs a job you are gone. Also, the REP has to like you so you move up in the company. So if you are liked and you just show up to work you will be promoted even if you have no experience in banking. It really sucks to work with this company, plus there is no acknowledgement when a client praises you or you get a perfect customer service score.

Their benefits are horrible. But unfortunately, we need to be grateful that they offer something coverage is just bad and they don't believe in covering LGBT partners.
Pros
Out by 5:15
Cons
Nepotism
Productive and fun workplace at times
Loan Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 28, 2016
Work under a fast paced production with a deadline, had some co-workers to work as a team and management was very understanding with personal matters.
Pros
Have a decent salary
Cons
Over worked at times
Mortgage Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 27, 2016
***Columbia, SC*** Horrible management!!! Very judgemental about african american employees. Management was poor in providing resources for training. Deceptive, vindictive and very unprofessional. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company that is looking for a fair opportunity in growth and advancement.
Pros
GREAT PAY
Cons
BIAS MANAGEMENT, POOR TRAINING AND UNPROFESSIONALISM
Mid-sized Bank, Dealing With Some Growing Pains
Senior Programmer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2016
First Citizens Bank is a rapidly-growing company and, as a result, is having some difficulty dealing with the process. It seems to have one foot stuck in the past, and one in the future.

The culture is fairly relaxed but, given the number of tech workers in the company, the nerd culture seems to be somewhat lacking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.