First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Unprofessional and unethical
Private Wealth Assets Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 3, 2017
I wouldn't recommend working at the Private Wealth group unless you are willing to go above and beyond personally with the Director to get promoted. Unfortunately for that department so many have gotten terminated or quit because they did or didn't participate in the corruption and adultery. I would recommend another bank if you don't want to interface with this unethical and unbecoming behavior. Unfortunately the owner of the bank doesn't pay any attention to the turn over in that department.
Lack of Upward Mobility
Worker (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 27, 2017
This company was purchased by it's larger sister company out of North Carolina and they went to a blended Banker/Teller role that effectively demoted all of the bankers. They hemorrhaged talent after that and there wasn't a lot of room before hand to get promoted. They did have a fantastic 6% 401K match and 4 weeks of vacation though.
Pros
401k 6%, 4 Weeks of Vacation
Cons
No career advancement, demoting top bankers into tellers
Not such a great experience.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALJanuary 26, 2017
As I understand things have changed now and the work place is better. I worked there several years ago and you could only wear certain clothes( yes people there was a dictatorship). The management was very overbearing as to say I did not fit into the realm of that kind of how you should treat people you want to work for you. Treat people with respect and kindness and the majority will go out there way to do a good job for you.
Pros
extra half day off
Cons
dictatorship and management
The best company I've worked at
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 13, 2017
Great training, great job structure, attainable goals, well paid, little turn over, great Management. If I could, I would have never left here. I was dealing with personal issues and quit. They have little turnover and promote within a lot, so it's hard to get in. So if you do, don't leave!
Pros
Great pay, longevity in career, good benefits and pto, good work life balance
Cons
Hard to get on staff
Very high stress and inadequate support to effectively perform job requirements.
Secondary Marketing Commitment Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 8, 2017
The most stressful and negatively challenging job I've ever had. Employees did not receive support from their managers in order to accomplish their workload.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Extraordinary job expectations with little to no managerial support.
Stressful work environment
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 22, 2017
Be prepared to be stressed. In my years with this company, I've been the only consistent teller. Others have quit left and right. Management has been a huge issue from the beginning, unless you're willing to make friends with them. They don't appreciate anyone who doesn't want to be a part of the clique regardless of how hard you work.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, work environment
Productive and challenging work place
Financial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Newland, NCMarch 15, 2017
8-5pm, Operations opening and in evenings, operations closing. Training staff on continuing basis to be more geared toward a selling environment instead of customer service driven. While still providing top notch service and sales.
Pros
Good work life balance, PTO and Vacation days
Cons
Advancement
Productive work place
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 27, 2017
A typical day was working from 8 am to 6 pm. Often times working through lunch to help our customers with mortgage needs.The most enjoyable part of my job was being available to communicate with customers.
Pros
mortgage leads from inside the bank.
Cons
There never seems to be enough time in the day to help all customers
Awesome work place
Bank Teller/ vault teller (Former Employee) –  Hull, GAFebruary 8, 2017
I dealt with customers and money all-day I loved my job. Awesome company to work with only problem is they merged and messed allot of system up and had to retrain all of us. I enjoyed working the vault and drive thru teller I am good with numbers.
Pros
Customers, free banking and savings, and benefits
Cons
Expect too much
High Demands , High Stress
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2016
Troubleshoot and keep watch of their ATM and bank network . I learned how to read their systems. Management was hot and cold . My co workers were close knit with themselves. The hardest part of this job was making sure problems were resolved quickly. The most enjoyable part was resolving outages and tickets.
Pros
Free bank account
Cons
low morale
I loved FCB
SSRII/Bankcard Operations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 4, 2016
I loved FCB, the reason that I left was for school and I knew that the bank wasn't my career choice. I learned about data entry, handling money, keeping confidential records, using mainframes and different computer systems, customer service, etc. I worked alone and in a team environment. The hardest part of the job was realizing that this wasn't my career, I knew I was looking for something different. The most enjoyable part were my co-workers, I love people.
Great bank
Business Banking, VP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2016
I loved working for First Citizens Bank. It is a great company and loved the management structure and team, such a transparent layer of management. I learned so much at this bank, too bad the growth of opportunity was very limited since there was only 2 locations in Houston.
Pros
Great management and learned so much more about commercial banking
Cons
Limited opportunity for growth due to a small presence in Houston
Professional Environment
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for this bank. The staff and customers were very friendly and it allowed opportunity to move up quickly. Everyone worked together as a team and pushed to meet our goals in sales for the branch.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Head Office personnel management could be nasty at times.
First Citizens Bank gave me the opportunity to advance within a year of employment.
AVP, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC, Anderson SC, Charlotte NCOctober 13, 2016
Responsible for 55 associates. Making sure the daily operations of customer accounts get processed and posted to their accounts in a timely and accurate way. Daily scheduling to make sure shifts are covered for production. Hiring and firing of associates. Projecting yearly budget and meeting budget at end of the year. Associate monthly one on ones, 6 month and 12 month reviews with merit. Keeping hardware and software up to date, running properly, generator maintenance. On call at all times.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
2 many organizational changes
Great place to work for sales, driven individuals
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2016
Love the people, and customers.
The branches are beautiful and you feel proud to be apart of the company.
The hardest part of the job is meeting your goals as a branch associate without walk in traffic. Prospecting and cold calling is difficult to me personally so I didn't enjoy that part of the job.
Pros
family, good benefits
Cons
sales driven
Productive but highly micromanaged.
Senior Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2016
Great place to work if interested in the banking industry. The company is growing and they constantly promote within the company. Do not expect to slack off and get away with it, the company is highly micromanaged. That being said, FCB does compensate their employees well for their hard work.
Pros
Very flexible with time off
Cons
Highly micromanaged
Nice workplace
Sales and Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chase City, VANovember 21, 2016
First Citizens has great benefits and are nice to work for. It's a fast-passed environment with sales/referral goals. The best part is working with and helping customers. Management has a hard time correcting/guiding employees.
Pros
Awesome paid time-off
Cons
lacking in leadership
Fantastic
Sales and Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJanuary 17, 2017
All reps have the ability to progress and obtain opportunities. The company is a great place to work. I would recommend anyone to work for First Citizens Bank. The employees are treated extremely well and all staff are great.
Risk Analytics provide a very open and collaborative environment
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 1, 2017
Working with the FCB Risk team was my pleasure. The atmosphere was very pleasant, open to collaboration, and the culture at the bank was quite diverse yet fun to be a part of.
High intense, pressure, stressful place to work.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCFebruary 3, 2017
ALOT of responsibility, can be very stressful,. Attention to detail is a must while maintaining a pleasant personality. Across the counter sales pressure.
Pros
Paid holidays/vacations.
Cons
Management pressure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.