First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Friendly environment and team work atmosphere
Banker Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 16, 2017
Great to work for. Coworkers are all nice with great management team. Amount of sales brought to the branch was great from all the bankers which kept me busy and that's what I like.
This is not the correct bank logo showing
AVP-Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 11, 2017
The logo showing for First Citizens is not the same one I worked for. I worked for the one located in Elizabethtown, KY. They have since been acquired by another financial institution.
Working at First Citizens Bank
Network Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2017
I was only working for First Citizens Bank due to an acquisition of First Regional Bank. We were retained as employees until after the transition was complete. This was the agreement we had working at First Citizens Bank. I am not really in the liberty to provide feedback on any work experience I had with them. During the few months, it was very intense because of deadline.
Productive and stressful at times
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCAugust 9, 2017
Management could be different but it was fair. Working with not so happy people sometimes was stressful. I learned what to do and not to do in a professional work place. I loved working with the customers that would come in.
Pros
Paid time off and insurance
Cons
Sometimes a stressful environment
Pressure from management.
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 7, 2017
IT requires after hour support since the bank must post every day they are open. Management is stressed and projects that on employees. Non-management are great people to work with. Company is family run which is really nice as it is not tied to quarterly stock prices.
Pros
good people
Cons
Sometimes after hour calls. Relatively stressful relationship with IT management.
Awesome Company
Sales and Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
Great work environment and great opportunities to advance throughout the company. Employees are more like family then co-workers. A business that provides consistency. Love it
Enjoyed interaction with customers
Business Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 1, 2017
I really enjoyed assisting and interacting with customers with their business online services. Often times, they would call and ask specifically for me, which was very rewarding as I knew they trusted me to get the job done in a timely manner.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
New protocall for identifying callersd
Great opportunity
Teller (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 30, 2017
The company is a great place to work and allows you to open doors to more opportunities in banking. Would recommend this company for anyone looking to get into banking.
Great, balanced place to work
Customer Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 29, 2017
Excellent place to work with great work-life balance and understanding managers that treat you more like family than employees. Not too stressful enviornment.
Becoming like the big banks
Wealth Management Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 24, 2017
Used to be a great family bank -- concerned about customers and employees. Has become another big bank entity driven by centralized management which was brought in from big banks.
Pros
Generous PTO package
Cons
Not in touch with local markets anymore
Great place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 23, 2017
Loved working here and enjoyed the environment. Took great care of employees and great benefits. Always a chance to move up in the company and grow professionally
Treasury Support
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 18, 2017
Treasury services includes implementation of cash management services. Implementation and training of customers for services. Management is going through some changes.
benefits
Cons
West coast hours
Commercial bank took over a Community Bank
Supervisor Operations and Service (Former Employee) –  Yelm, WAJuly 17, 2017
Provided operational readiness for the branch through training and support of staff. Completed and prepared branch internal audits. Managed 6 CSR/tellers.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Worst company to work for
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIJuly 16, 2017
Guaranty /First citizens bank is the worst company to work for you can't advance with the company your basically a teller with a different title and pay.
Pros
Compensation after merger
Cons
No advancement no loans your basically a teller everybody does the same thing even branch manager
Call Center
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 29, 2017
Every day is different which is great, but there is inconsistent information given to us from management. Employees are mostly friendly which is a plus, but it is a difficult position.
Great employer
Senior Financial Service Rep. II, OFFICER (Current Employee) –  High Point, NC 27262June 29, 2017
Great and supportive management and staff. The firm took care of their employees and the work life balance is phenomenal. Family controlled financial institution that has been in business for over 100 years.
Very Team Oriented work Environment
Operations Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 29, 2017
Small time bank with a focus on business customers. Great team environment in each local office. Small bank feel, with big Bank service. Generous benefit package.
Great place to learn and grow
Operations Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 19, 2017
Great company to start entry level and grow leaps and bounds quickly in knowledge and compensation. Team atmosphere and accountability is highly regarded there.
Pros
compensation and great HR
Cons
schedule flexibility at times can be difficult in banking in general
opportunitiy for growth
Customer Service representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 11, 2017
First Citizen is an overall great place to work. There are opportunities for growth and career advancement. In addition there are multiple opportunities for raises
Great overall environment in every aspect
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  NCJune 11, 2017
This company makes you feel like family, and they do care about their employees. It has been a great experience and the knowledge I have gained I will carry on with me throughout my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval