First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

The best company I've worked at
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 13, 2017
Great training, great job structure, attainable goals, well paid, little turn over, great Management. If I could, I would have never left here. I was dealing with personal issues and quit. They have little turnover and promote within a lot, so it's hard to get in. So if you do, don't leave!
Pros
Great pay, longevity in career, good benefits and pto, good work life balance
Cons
Hard to get on staff
I loved FCB
SSRII/Bankcard Operations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 4, 2016
I loved FCB, the reason that I left was for school and I knew that the bank wasn't my career choice. I learned about data entry, handling money, keeping confidential records, using mainframes and different computer systems, customer service, etc. I worked alone and in a team environment. The hardest part of the job was realizing that this wasn't my career, I knew I was looking for something different. The most enjoyable part were my co-workers, I love people.
Great bank
Business Banking, VP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2016
I loved working for First Citizens Bank. It is a great company and loved the management structure and team, such a transparent layer of management. I learned so much at this bank, too bad the growth of opportunity was very limited since there was only 2 locations in Houston.
Pros
Great management and learned so much more about commercial banking
Cons
Limited opportunity for growth due to a small presence in Houston
Stressful work environment
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 22, 2017
Be prepared to be stressed. In my years with this company, I've been the only consistent teller. Others have quit left and right. Management has been a huge issue from the beginning, unless you're willing to make friends with them. They don't appreciate anyone who doesn't want to be a part of the clique regardless of how hard you work.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, work environment
First Citizens Bank gave me the opportunity to advance within a year of employment.
AVP, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC, Anderson SC, Charlotte NCOctober 13, 2016
Responsible for 55 associates. Making sure the daily operations of customer accounts get processed and posted to their accounts in a timely and accurate way. Daily scheduling to make sure shifts are covered for production. Hiring and firing of associates. Projecting yearly budget and meeting budget at end of the year. Associate monthly one on ones, 6 month and 12 month reviews with merit. Keeping hardware and software up to date, running properly, generator maintenance. On call at all times.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
2 many organizational changes
High Demands , High Stress
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2016
Troubleshoot and keep watch of their ATM and bank network . I learned how to read their systems. Management was hot and cold . My co workers were close knit with themselves. The hardest part of this job was making sure problems were resolved quickly. The most enjoyable part was resolving outages and tickets.
Pros
Free bank account
Cons
low morale
Great place to work for sales, driven individuals
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2016
Love the people, and customers.
The branches are beautiful and you feel proud to be apart of the company.
The hardest part of the job is meeting your goals as a branch associate without walk in traffic. Prospecting and cold calling is difficult to me personally so I didn't enjoy that part of the job.
Pros
family, good benefits
Cons
sales driven
Productive but highly micromanaged.
Senior Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2016
Great place to work if interested in the banking industry. The company is growing and they constantly promote within the company. Do not expect to slack off and get away with it, the company is highly micromanaged. That being said, FCB does compensate their employees well for their hard work.
Pros
Very flexible with time off
Cons
Highly micromanaged
Relaxed workplace with colorful customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 20, 2016
Working as a teller allows you to meet customers from all walks of life. As you manage their banking, you learn more about their business and personal lives as you strive to meet their needs. The customers become like a second family, and also offer a variety of networking opportunities.
Pros
Network with various customers
Cons
Short breaks
Business Banker
Vice President, Business Banker (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 23, 2016
Company pays above market average compensation; however, underwriters and credit target are still based on recent recession. Lack of vision or understanding of industries outside medical and dental. Narrow scope of target prospects makes it virtually impossible to hit production goals.
Pros
Great pay, flexible schedule, work from home
Cons
Underwriting, small minded customer/prospect focus, unachievable production goals
Nice workplace
Sales and Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chase City, VANovember 21, 2016
First Citizens has great benefits and are nice to work for. It's a fast-passed environment with sales/referral goals. The best part is working with and helping customers. Management has a hard time correcting/guiding employees.
Pros
Awesome paid time-off
Cons
lacking in leadership
Mid-sized Bank, Dealing With Some Growing Pains
Senior Programmer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2016
First Citizens Bank is a rapidly-growing company and, as a result, is having some difficulty dealing with the process. It seems to have one foot stuck in the past, and one in the future.

The culture is fairly relaxed but, given the number of tech workers in the company, the nerd culture seems to be somewhat lacking.
Telephone Banker
Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 15, 2016
First Citizens Bank Pros: a typical day at work would be logging into the phone system and assisting customers with their online banking needs, and answering account requests. First Citizen offered overtime, which is good for those that are trying to save for the holidays are looking to just invest in something valuable. I do like the idea that I was able to learn a few job skills.

First Citizens Bank Cons: the only improvement I think that the company need is in the area of training and moral. I believe that any customer service call center need moral boosters to keep employees motivated and encourage to assist customers with their online banking needs considering the new online banking platform that was rolled out in a short period of time. Training was two and a half days which forced us to self teach ourself with navigating through different systems while providing quality customer service.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
not enough training.
Fantastic
Sales and Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJanuary 17, 2017
All reps have the ability to progress and obtain opportunities. The company is a great place to work. I would recommend anyone to work for First Citizens Bank. The employees are treated extremely well and all staff are great.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, SCNovember 19, 2016
Taking care of customer needs and directing them to the appropriate people. Customer satisfaction is very important. Working with associates as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job was to satisfy the needs of customers and employer.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks
IT had good pay
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
I would do deposits and withdrawals
the customers were nice
the pay was really good 12.00 for me not to have experience.
they train you pretty well
I worked only on Saturday a month and sometimes not even that
Pros
pay
Cons
not enough hours
Fast pace and stressful but can be rewarding
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Large pipelines of loans with limited amount of time to get them approved. Constantly communicating to the borrower and others about status of the loans.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too into production numbers
Decent place of employment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2017
It was only a contract threw a temp agency, but they made me feel comfortable and relaxed. They helped me and took their time in making sure i knew what to do. The supervisor wasnt really that helpful, but the employees were.
stressful enviornment
Sales & Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 25, 2016
Working with this company stared out great. But when I was moved to another branch things went down hill. The CSRs were not friendly at all and made me very uncomfortable while I was there.
Pros
salary
Cons
management wasnt very pleasant
Good working environment with opportunities to learn and grow
Sales & Service Representative Level III (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAOctober 17, 2016
First Citizens is concerned with their employees and their surrounding communities. There are many opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.