First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Good place to start out
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIFebruary 14, 2017
First Citizens State Bank can be a very good job, for starting out of school. Great experience, Wouldn't want to work here till retirement.
Pros
Clean work, well dressed
Cons
pay
Awesome work place
Bank Teller/ vault teller (Former Employee) –  Hull, GAFebruary 8, 2017
I dealt with customers and money all-day I loved my job. Awesome company to work with only problem is they merged and messed allot of system up and had to retrain all of us. I enjoyed working the vault and drive thru teller I am good with numbers.
Pros
Customers, free banking and savings, and benefits
Cons
Expect too much
Very high stress and inadequate support to effectively perform job requirements.
Secondary Marketing Commitment Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 8, 2017
The most stressful and negatively challenging job I've ever had. Employees did not receive support from their managers in order to accomplish their workload.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Extraordinary job expectations with little to no managerial support.
N/a
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 5, 2017
I work taking inbound calls for customers and third parties. I provide payoff quotes, make auto, equity, and mortgage payments. The management cares about security the most.
High intense, pressure, stressful place to work.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCFebruary 3, 2017
ALOT of responsibility, can be very stressful,. Attention to detail is a must while maintaining a pleasant personality. Across the counter sales pressure.
Pros
Paid holidays/vacations.
Cons
Management pressure.
Risk Analytics provide a very open and collaborative environment
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 1, 2017
Working with the FCB Risk team was my pleasure. The atmosphere was very pleasant, open to collaboration, and the culture at the bank was quite diverse yet fun to be a part of.
Review
Assistant Vice President Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Enjoyed working here and watching the company grow. We worked as a team and enjoyed cross training my staff to learn and move on.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management didnt always listen was there was a problem
Not such a great experience.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALJanuary 26, 2017
As I understand things have changed now and the work place is better. I worked there several years ago and you could only wear certain clothes( yes people there was a dictatorship). The management was very overbearing as to say I did not fit into the realm of that kind of how you should treat people you want to work for you. Treat people with respect and kindness and the majority will go out there way to do a good job for you.
Pros
extra half day off
Cons
dictatorship and management
1 star experience
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 26, 2017
This company hires all their mortgage loan processeers through contract companies meaning staffing agencies. From what I experienced out of every ten candidates only one will potentially make it to be considered to be hired . The expectation is unreal to begin with if you happen to get on full time position you have to either know somebody or be kissing somebody's behind. You go through a 90-day rigorous training course but that's a laugh since the trainer is never there to train you or answer your questions if you have problems. Pretty much a self-taught process and if you happen to be lucky you'll get a position permanent. The interesting part was I worked there three days as a full-time employee and had lies brought up against me from the other contract help that cost me my job. I felt if I did not quit I would be fired. I do not recommend this company I do not recommend it from a management perspective especiIally. This company claims to have an open door policy however they don't even get both sides of a story before making threats against your job status. I was told verbatim that this company hires and fires people everyday that was the exact words. I felt to secure my reputation I had to resign rather than be fired. I should have known on the first day when I was told I couldn't park in their main parking lot because I had to earn that as a permanent employee. I should have known to hit the ground running!
Pros
Cons
Management and Training
Stressful work environment
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 22, 2017
Be prepared to be stressed. In my years with this company, I've been the only consistent teller. Others have quit left and right. Management has been a huge issue from the beginning, unless you're willing to make friends with them. They don't appreciate anyone who doesn't want to be a part of the clique regardless of how hard you work.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, work environment
Fantastic
Sales and Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJanuary 17, 2017
All reps have the ability to progress and obtain opportunities. The company is a great place to work. I would recommend anyone to work for First Citizens Bank. The employees are treated extremely well and all staff are great.
VP-Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 13, 2017
Great place to work because of the benefits, promotes from within and excellent leadership, management is supportive
The best company I've worked at
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 13, 2017
Great training, great job structure, attainable goals, well paid, little turn over, great Management. If I could, I would have never left here. I was dealing with personal issues and quit. They have little turnover and promote within a lot, so it's hard to get in. So if you do, don't leave!
Pros
Great pay, longevity in career, good benefits and pto, good work life balance
Cons
Hard to get on staff
ok plac to work
Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 11, 2017
It was only a contract threw a temp agency, but they made me feel comfortable and relaxed. They helped me and took their time in making sure i knew what to do. The supervisor wasnt really that helpful, but the employees were.
Good Company
VP Financial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fircrest, WAJanuary 5, 2017
Strong, focused, educational bank. Great benefits! Excellent environment for leadership. Co-workers are fun and everyone is encouraging. Goals are challenging.
Fast pace and stressful but can be rewarding
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Large pipelines of loans with limited amount of time to get them approved. Constantly communicating to the borrower and others about status of the loans.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too into production numbers
Decent place of employment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2017
Decent place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCDecember 31, 2016
Decent place to work with a lot of really good people. Management, as in most cases, had its problems, but for the most part I enjoyed the experiences I had there and everything I learned.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management/pay
great place to work..co-workers and customers made my day
Vault teller (Former Employee) –  GigHarbor, WADecember 17, 2016
I truly loved working at the bank. The job itself was a job I enjoyed and interacting with customers was so much fun.
My co-workers and I always worked well together as a team and family.
High Demands , High Stress
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2016
Troubleshoot and keep watch of their ATM and bank network . I learned how to read their systems. Management was hot and cold . My co workers were close knit with themselves. The hardest part of this job was making sure problems were resolved quickly. The most enjoyable part was resolving outages and tickets.
Pros
Free bank account
Cons
low morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.