First Citizens Bank

First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Good Stable Work Place
Float Teller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2013
Typical day included securing the perimeters during open and close. Counting larges sums of cash and being responsible for it. I learned to handle customer complaints and concerns, through genuine care and active listening. Management was very good, hardest part of the job was to make sure the money is always correct. Most enjoyable part was the people I worked along side with.
Friendly,helpful,co-operative
Teller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2013
All the co-workers were very helpful and also manger was also friendly and helpful.
productive
CIS Specialist II (Former Employee) –  raleigh, ncJanuary 30, 2013
typical workday is production. most enjoyable is helping and assisting the customers. coworkers worked together and are team oriented.
Pros
great cafeteria
Overall it wasn't a bad place to work. I would probably still be there if it wasn't for my position being eliminated.
Lead CBO Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 24, 2013
I worked third shift, so when I got to work I would check
emails to see if there were any problems I should be aware of.
Then I would bring up the system and then go out to
the courier area to get the work in from our Charlotte site, bring the work in set up for processing. Through out the night checking for work coming in from other sites, generating reports, logging times for each job we would run, kicking off jobs. Also calling technician if there were any machine problems.
First Citizens is the 46th largest bank holding company in the United States with $21 billion in assets. First Citizen bank's customers are among the
SR.Data Stage Developer (Current Employee) –  RaleighNovember 16, 2012
Responsibilities:

• Used Parallel Extender for distributing load among different processors by implementing pipeline and partitioning of data in parallel extender.
• Involved in Designing Parallel Extender Jobs.
• Worked with Business customers to identify the different sources of data in operational systems and developed strategies to build data warehouse.
• Preparation of technical specification for the development of Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) jobs to load data into various tables in Data marts.
• Used Parallel Extender for distributing load among different processors by implementing pipeline and partitioning of data.
• Used COBOL programs to extract and transform data from the mainframes and create a load ready file.
• Developed JCL Jobs and scheduled jobs to execute COBOL programs to extract data from Mainframe
• Created containers to use in multiple jobs.
• Used debugger to test the data flow and fix jobs.
• Defined data base triggers & PL/SQL stored procedures for business validations.
• Extensively wrote Routines and Transforms.
• Created and Monitored sequences using Data stage sequencer
• Extensively used Parallel Stages like Join, Merge, Lookup, Filter, Remove Duplicates, Funnel, Row Generator, Modify, Peek etc. for development and de-bugging purposes
• Extensively worked with Data Stage Job Sequences to Control and Execute Data Stage Jobs and Job Sequences using various Activities and Triggers.
• Used Data Stage Director and the runtime engine to schedule running the server jobs, monitoring scheduling and validating its components.

Environment:
  more... IBM Web Sphere Data Stage 8.5 and 8.1, IBM-AIX, DB2,Oracle 10g,UNIX, MICROSOFT VISIO, ZEEKE , SQL plus, win scp ,COBOL,JCL,SAS  less
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Raleigh NCSeptember 24, 2012
A typical day at work is scheduling appointments, calling candidates for ondite interviews. Paying invoices. Co-workers are good.
Pros
no time clocks
Cons
n/a
My review
Private Wealth Advisory Services Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 23, 2012
My review of this company is okay. I enjoyed working for First Citizens for 5 years until I was laid off. I saw it coming though...which is why I had a box parked at my desk for 6 months. I should have stayed in management. Dont climb up to close to God....he might shake the tree :( oh well...this job experience has left me humble and that is why I am going back to what I know....bank management.
It was a good place to work at
Lockbox Specialists/CBo Specialists1 (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 16, 2012
I learned a lot about different aspects of the job. I was able to different job functions that I had not done before
Corporate Culture did not fit my work ethics and values
Marketing Information Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2012
I worked at this company for less than 90 days. I worked in the Marketing Information Systems Division.

Comment – October 25, 2012

Hi Review Friend: I am asking this question; as I too have left a work place for similar reasons (different bank). I just applied to position with stated company and thought it would be helpful to contact you as your comment most interests me. Thank you for commenting as your comment is a leading indicator to matching employees with employers. Employers seldom are honest about their culture and values and I believe the allowed posted comments on Indeed.com is a great communication avenue to display honesty about institutions work place.

A decent place to work, much like other financial institutions
Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 17, 2012
A solid bank that is very conservative. Little name recognition in certain markets. Need additional back office support to execute requirements of position.
Great place to work and meet new people.
Bank Teller II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2012
My day started balance the cash drawer. teller duties through out the day. Help customers with their bank accounts and open new ones.
I learned to restock the ATM, sell to customers, be back up teller while the supervisor was out.
I got along with all my co workers
I really enjoyed helping people .
Pros
room to grow with the company
Cons
i didnt stay there longer.
Great employee benefits
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, North CarolinaApril 22, 2012
Co-workers are very nice and I am able to meet and talk with new and interesting customers every day.
Excellent, my favorite bank
Contract Consultant, IT Acquisitions & Mergers (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC I worked remoteMarch 21, 2012
Excellent team environment, communications clear and relevant, fast paced utilizing SMEs and strong application team players. Get it done attitude and given the tools needed to do the job.
Pros
always part of the team while working remote
Cons
n/a
Great Company
Commercial Loan processor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 29, 2012
They are a great company to work for. they care about their employees.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
n/a