First Citizens

First Citizens United States Employee Reviews

Steady place to work
Loan Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2015
Established company with great family value. Steady work in creating loan documents. Friendly work environment with a great employee lounge/cafateria.
It's different in a good way
TELLER (Current Employee), Summerville, SCApril 13, 2015
Most banks are the same this bank had some differences mainly bc it is an intermediate bank compared to the larger/ national banks. I enjoyed my time there.
Great Culture within the Industry of Banking
Treasury Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2015
excellent place to learn new skills and develop myself. Grew within the company really fast.Most enjoyable part of the job was servicing customers
Challenging and Rewarding
Adjuster III (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2015
Pros: Blended Portfolio
Cons: Non qualifying customers
Prioritize Portfolio based on status of delinquency
Learned the importance of maintaining a blended portfolio
Provided management training initiatives; development and staffing
I can't recall anything hard - unless having to initiate repossession of a customer's vehicle
Most enjoyable - minimizing lose and legal expenses
Great straight out of High School
Bank Clerk (Former Employee), Trinidad, W.I.April 2, 2015
functioned as a bank teller initially and worked my way into the credit department while learning all the rudiments of Commercial Banking and customer service.
A great company to work for.
Teller (Former Employee), Anderson, SCMarch 27, 2015
The work environment was very nice, I learned a lot during my employment. The bank puts high value on building customer relationships and offering the best service.
Great Family work balance
VP (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 24, 2015
This bank culture is one where the trade off in work/life balance is valued. People either stay a long time or leave quickly depending upon how they feel about the culture.
Sales and Service Rep
Traditional teller/banker roles (Current Employee), Mission ViejoMarch 14, 2015
Pay is great compared to other banks. Slow but study workflow, very traditional and old fashioned way of doing things. Not for the modern heart. Technology (or lack there of) is slow, and not up to date. However, the benefits and compensation is wonderful, advancements are also reachable.
First Job
Teller (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: not very personable
I enjoyed gaining banking experience here, but the bank was in the midst of changing management and many employees were laid off during that time.

I spent my days balancing my cash box, interacting with customers, and upgrading/selling accounts for checking and savings.

The hardest part of the job was staying upbeat in a very slow, somewhat cold environment.
Awesome Company
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Hendersonville, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Customer service and employee driven. They really take care of and care about their employees. The culture among the company is great, and makes for a great working environment.
REVIEW
Area Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 13, 2015
FIRST CITIZENS IS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR. THE GOALS ARE A LITTLE TOUGH, BUT YOU CAN MANAGE. I LIKE MY JOB AS AN AREA SPECIALIST IT CAN GET CHALLENGING THOUGH.
Productive Sales Position
Sales And Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 10, 2015
Perform Teller Transactions while finding targeted businesses for deposit goals and credit goals. Sent out marketing material every week. Every week is a learning experience with training to be done and activities/contests to keep sales from dwindling. The hardest part of the job would be always keeping up with sales skills and calls. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people and experiencing business people.
Strong company
Portfolio Manager/ Vice President (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: company operates in multiple states, providing the opportunity to transfer to other parts of the country.
An industry leader in providing financial services within a target market with a long history of outstanding customer service and profitability.
Great place to work! Just wished I had stayed!
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chester, SCJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: we would go to mcdonalds for breakfast before the bank opens up
Cons: i had health care and the benefits were good
I loved this job! I just wished they hadn't put me on part time! It was to have been this other lady but she had more seniority over me. A typical day at work was good. Was very busy on the 3rd of the month and Fridays. I loved all my coworkers. We had great management and we all got alone. The hardest part of the job was when you are out of balance, but you find it because of an error you did! The most enjoyable part was helping my customers especially the elderly ones. I regret leaving that job!!!!!
Merchant Service Representative (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 8, 2015
I love working in Merchant Services, and in banking. A typical day is very busy, but I enjoy working w/ team, in problem solving, finding trends/problems, and fixing them. The best part of my job is creating action plans for projects. I enjoy working on projects, but I love when I am able partner w/ management, and my peers on organizing, creating an action plan, to tackle a task.

Having my management team now they can depend on me to handle any project, gives me the confidence to take the lead and look for more projects that may be needed.

In any relationship business or personal I feel communication is the most important part. With communication a team will run better.
Great work environment.
Sales Employment (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 7, 2015
really enjoyed working for FCB, great group of people. Hard to establish enough business.
Growing company with a lot of opportunities
Transaction Operations Support Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 29, 2014
A family owned bank that has grown leaps & bounds in last couple of years. Great workplace...great people....& a great place to start & end your career.
Productive and fun place to work!
Summer Float Teller (Former Employee), Carteret CountyDecember 24, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
I was a summer float teller. I was responsible for customer service and balancing my computer each day. I was able to adapt from branch to branch and meet the needs of each day. The workers at each branch were very inviting.
In the accounting and finance area...people just disappear
Sr Acquisition Accounting Project Leader (Former Employee), NCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management culture, almost everything else
First Citizens is known as the firing bank for good reason. I wish I had more information before I signed up to work there. The accounting and finance area is in a shambles. People are fired all the time and the people who have been there for years are being pushed down the totem pole.

Management is definitely cut throat, and had unreal expectations. My manager in particular should never be in the position to be a manger of people, she may be a good accountant but had no management skills at all. One example of this was when you make a mistake you are reprimanded, but when you ask for help so you don't make the mistake again you are told "go figure it out yourself, that is what I did". One other good example is being told "you either have it or you don't and I (meaning the manger) do". All I can say is that when all your employees are on anti anxiety and anti depressant meds there is something wrong.
Tough place to work as a contractor
Virtual Server Engineer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: work llfe balance and work from home options
Cons: very unorganized and difficult to get help when needed
During my contract with this company, the team that I worked with placed a lot of the responsibility on the contractor to find there way around. There was no standard in-processing and the management didn't provide a resource to insure that all contractors had the required permissions to do their jobs. Near the end of the contract, some of the members of the contracting team still didn't have the required permissions to do their jobs. The unlucky contractors had to rely on fortunate contractors who found their own way to get all the permissions to acquire configuration data needed to perform their tasks. The company treated contractors fairly bad. Didn't allow contractors to socialize with no one other than fellow contractors; not even after work hours. The structure of the project timelines to finish tasks and how contracts normally begin and end was backwards. The contractors were asked to document the environment in the first week well before having all of the necessary credentials to access certain areas. At the near end of the contract, there was no formal meeting to address knowledge transfer and complete the final documentation phase. In the end, the management was trying to get the contractors to perform tasks outside of the statement of work. Overall the staff was not very acceptive of contractors in the environment. Hopefully this review reaches out to those of concern and other to follow will not endure what my team had to do to fulfill their contractual obligations.

1 2 3 4 5

About First Citizens

With roots dating back to 1913, First Citizens serves customers in South Carolina and Georgia through an extensive network of – Read more

First Citizens Salaries