First Citizens

First Citizens Employee Reviews

Wonderful Work Life Balance
Process Improvement Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2015
FCB affords great opportunity for working parents to balance work-life blend. I enjoy the ability to be able to collaborate with my collegues for professional development and growth.
management needs a lot of work.
Business Services Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 8, 2015
awful management on market level.
Sales goals are low but honestly management has no idea what they are doing. The area manager doesn't show up to work on most days.
ever changing sales focused banking world
Personal Banker (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 4, 2015
Pros: free accounts and checks, 1hr lunches, weekends and holidays off
Cons: health care cost for family, no overtime allowed, high sales goals, with merger the rules are ever changing and no clear communication of them
I worked with an amazing team with in my branch, but with a recent merger saw many positions change or completely "go away". Complete support for upper management seemed to change and many long term employees left, some willingly and some not! I think this was an overall good company for the many years that I was there, but things are definitely changing and I can't say for the best.
Fun working, fast paced enviroment
Teller (Current Employee), Lexington, SCMay 3, 2015
I enjoy going to work every day and seeing our current clients as well as new clients as well. During my training I learned federal and state regulations that have to be followed. As well as knowing how to use each system correctly to either process a transaction or look up a client's profile to retrieve certain information. I work closely with management (teller leader) on a daily basis and take the roll of a teller leader when they are absent or on vacation. The hardest part of my job would be having unhappy clients. If we are unable to cash a check for someone or perform a certain transaction and they get upset. Although I have good customer service skills, it is sometimes difficult to get the client to understand our policies and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing our daily clients and new clients and building a relationship.
Amazing company to work for
Vault Teller (Former Employee), toccoa, gaApril 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches, amazing benefits
Cons: location
I loved going to work everyday. My customers were awesome and the staff was very helpful and so sweet! I learned so much about banking working with this company.
Steady place to work
Loan Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2015
Established company with great family value. Steady work in creating loan documents. Friendly work environment with a great employee lounge/cafateria.
It's different in a good way
TELLER (Current Employee), Summerville, SCApril 13, 2015
Most banks are the same this bank had some differences mainly bc it is an intermediate bank compared to the larger/ national banks. I enjoyed my time there.
Great Culture within the Industry of Banking
Treasury Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2015
excellent place to learn new skills and develop myself. Grew within the company really fast.Most enjoyable part of the job was servicing customers
Challenging and Rewarding
Adjuster III (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2015
Pros: Blended Portfolio
Cons: Non qualifying customers
Prioritize Portfolio based on status of delinquency
Learned the importance of maintaining a blended portfolio
Provided management training initiatives; development and staffing
I can't recall anything hard - unless having to initiate repossession of a customer's vehicle
Most enjoyable - minimizing lose and legal expenses
Great straight out of High School
Bank Clerk (Former Employee), Trinidad, W.I.April 2, 2015
functioned as a bank teller initially and worked my way into the credit department while learning all the rudiments of Commercial Banking and customer service.
A great company to work for.
Teller (Former Employee), Anderson, SCMarch 27, 2015
The work environment was very nice, I learned a lot during my employment. The bank puts high value on building customer relationships and offering the best service.
Great Family work balance
VP (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 24, 2015
This bank culture is one where the trade off in work/life balance is valued. People either stay a long time or leave quickly depending upon how they feel about the culture.
Sales and Service Rep
Traditional teller/banker roles (Current Employee), Mission ViejoMarch 14, 2015
Pay is great compared to other banks. Slow but study workflow, very traditional and old fashioned way of doing things. Not for the modern heart. Technology (or lack there of) is slow, and not up to date. However, the benefits and compensation is wonderful, advancements are also reachable.
First Job
Teller (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: not very personable
I enjoyed gaining banking experience here, but the bank was in the midst of changing management and many employees were laid off during that time.

I spent my days balancing my cash box, interacting with customers, and upgrading/selling accounts for checking and savings.

The hardest part of the job was staying upbeat in a very slow, somewhat cold environment.
Awesome Company
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Hendersonville, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Customer service and employee driven. They really take care of and care about their employees. The culture among the company is great, and makes for a great working environment.
REVIEW
Area Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 13, 2015
FIRST CITIZENS IS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR. THE GOALS ARE A LITTLE TOUGH, BUT YOU CAN MANAGE. I LIKE MY JOB AS AN AREA SPECIALIST IT CAN GET CHALLENGING THOUGH.
Productive Sales Position
Sales And Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 10, 2015
Perform Teller Transactions while finding targeted businesses for deposit goals and credit goals. Sent out marketing material every week. Every week is a learning experience with training to be done and activities/contests to keep sales from dwindling. The hardest part of the job would be always keeping up with sales skills and calls. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people and experiencing business people.
Strong company
Portfolio Manager/ Vice President (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: company operates in multiple states, providing the opportunity to transfer to other parts of the country.
An industry leader in providing financial services within a target market with a long history of outstanding customer service and profitability.
Great place to work! Just wished I had stayed!
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chester, SCJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: we would go to mcdonalds for breakfast before the bank opens up
Cons: i had health care and the benefits were good
I loved this job! I just wished they hadn't put me on part time! It was to have been this other lady but she had more seniority over me. A typical day at work was good. Was very busy on the 3rd of the month and Fridays. I loved all my coworkers. We had great management and we all got alone. The hardest part of the job was when you are out of balance, but you find it because of an error you did! The most enjoyable part was helping my customers especially the elderly ones. I regret leaving that job!!!!!
Merchant Service Representative (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 8, 2015
I love working in Merchant Services, and in banking. A typical day is very busy, but I enjoy working w/ team, in problem solving, finding trends/problems, and fixing them. The best part of my job is creating action plans for projects. I enjoy working on projects, but I love when I am able partner w/ management, and my peers on organizing, creating an action plan, to tackle a task.

Having my management team now they can depend on me to handle any project, gives me the confidence to take the lead and look for more projects that may be needed.

In any relationship business or personal I feel communication is the most important part. With communication a team will run better.

1 2 3 4 5

About First Citizens

With roots dating back to 1913, First Citizens serves customers in South Carolina and Georgia through an extensive network of – Read more

First Citizens Salaries