First Citizens

First Citizens Employer Reviews

In the accounting and finance area...people just disappear
Sr Acquisition Accounting Project Leader (Former Employee), NCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management culture, almost everything else
First Citizens is known as the firing bank for good reason. I wish I had more information before I signed up to work there. The accounting and finance area is in a shambles. People are fired all the time and the people who have been there for years are being pushed down the totem pole.

Management is definitely cut throat, and had unreal expectations. – more... My manager in particular should never be in the position to be a manger of people, she may be a good accountant but had no management skills at all. One example of this was when you make a mistake you are reprimanded, but when you ask for help so you don't make the mistake again you are told "go figure it out yourself, that is what I did". One other good example is being told "you either have it or you don't and I (meaning the manger) do". All I can say is that when all your employees are on anti anxiety and anti depressant meds there is something wrong. – less
Tough place to work as a contractor
Virtual Server Engineer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: work llfe balance and work from home options
Cons: very unorganized and difficult to get help when needed
During my contract with this company, the team that I worked with placed a lot of the responsibility on the contractor to find there way around. There was no standard in-processing and the management didn't provide a resource to insure that all contractors had the required permissions to do their jobs. Near the end of the contract, some of the members – more... of the contracting team still didn't have the required permissions to do their jobs. The unlucky contractors had to rely on fortunate contractors who found their own way to get all the permissions to acquire configuration data needed to perform their tasks. The company treated contractors fairly bad. Didn't allow contractors to socialize with no one other than fellow contractors; not even after work hours. The structure of the project timelines to finish tasks and how contracts normally begin and end was backwards. The contractors were asked to document the environment in the first week well before having all of the necessary credentials to access certain areas. At the near end of the contract, there was no formal meeting to address knowledge transfer and complete the final documentation phase. In the end, the management was trying to get the contractors to perform tasks outside of the statement of work. Overall the staff was not very acceptive of contractors in the environment. Hopefully this review reaches out to those of concern and other to follow will not endure what my team had to do to fulfill their contractual obligations. – less
Pleasant Office
Teller/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Hilton Head Island, SCNovember 27, 2014
Pros: enjoy my co-workers
Cons: not enough challenges, not enough pay
I enjoy working at First Citizens, however, I need a more challenging job.
Forever Last
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh NCNovember 24, 2014
Great Company Benefits, poor management and hard to advance. Would maybe try a different department. Extremely overworked and underpaid
Forever Last!!!
Customer Contact Representative II (Former Employee), Raleigh NCNovember 24, 2014
Great benefits, overworked and underpaid, great coworkers, but management was unreal!!!!!!!!!!
Productive environment
FSR II (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 12, 2014
Environment conducive to growing and maintaining customer relationships.
Great Company
Teller/Floater (Former Employee), Greenville, Columbia, SCNovember 11, 2014
Teller at First Citizens Bank. Good work Enviornment.
Enjoyed working with customers and friendly co-workers.
Everyone worked together , Team spirit
Document Preparation Clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: some early nights
Cons: some late nights on mondays, fridays and after holidays
A typical day consisted of receiving various runns of work from all the bank branches. The work would be doc preped, then passed on to EPU to be sorted, then would go into an Image key system and we used 10 key data entry to input information until all phases of the days work were finished.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Spartanaburg SCNovember 2, 2014
Smaller bank, more community based
Will be merging with NC first of 2015
Productive and fun working environment
Business Support Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, North CarolinaNovember 2, 2014
Pros: potlucks all the time. values their employees
Cons: short breaks and long distance parking spots
Nice company to work for. I am enjoying every bit of everything!
This is a great place to work
System Engineer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: parking
This is a great place to work. I am learning something new everyday. The management here is cool and laied back. My coworkers are the best I have ever worked with. The hardest part of the job is trying to get indepth information about a project I might be working on. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the best people in the world.
Productive workplace
Telephone Banker (Current Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 22, 2014
This is a temporary position in a fast paced environment, I learned all about bank policies and procedures, the job is enjoyable and there's never a dull moment,
Financial Services Rep
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Warrenton, NCOctober 3, 2014
Sell FCB products to existing and new customers
Managed loan report
Called prospective customers
I can't say enough about this job!
Commercial Support Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 27, 2014
Wow! This was my first real grownup job after graduating college. I learned a lot about professionalism working here. I basically grew up here. I worked here for over 10 years. I left a family when I left this job to start my nursing career. I learned how to work with and deal with all types of personalities, and people from all walks of life. By far, – more... the most enjoyable part of this job was how they showed their appreciation to me as an employee. I was allowed to finish nursing school while working here, which showed how supportive they were, and that I wasn't too easy to replace. – less
Financially solid company
Comm loans/banking assistant (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FlSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: proximity to home
Cons: not well known in community
Great location in Miami Dade, good back office support, good benefits.
Great corporate culture
Collections/Recovery Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 23, 2014
It was fun and flexible. Only quit due to relocation. Pay could be better
Great place to work for a people person personality.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boonville, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Variety of duties to meet the customer needs. Team work was important to get duties done in a timely matter. Learned to work with people and to listen to them in order to meet their needs.
Good Compensation
VP - Financial Sales Manager (Former Employee), TNSeptember 17, 2014
The best part of the job are the clients.
Networking is key and became very enjoyable.
Good bank to work. I learned a lot in diffrent loan servicing.
Vice President, Credit Resolution Department (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2014
Overall I learned a lot in finace/asset management/Credit Resolution / SBA servicing and FDIC loss share program.

Due to FDIC loss share program, Management was tough and expected to complete the assigned work on a daily basis. However, overall management was excellent and I accomplished my goals.

Co-workers are very helpful, we worked as a team and – more... produced compnay goals.

When you work under pressure to please borrowers/Attorneys and vendors.

When you satisfy borrower's with their tough questions and resolve their issues. – less
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 19, 2014
I provided bank services, accurately processing of high transaction Volume. Consistently exceeded Monthly sales goals. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting people.

1 2 3 4 5

About First Citizens

With roots dating back to 1913, First Citizens serves customers in South Carolina and Georgia through an extensive network of – Read more