First Citizens Employee Reviews

Busy but productive fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Franklin, NCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: none
answer phones, cash checks, make deposits, empty night drop box, explain products and services to customers, open accounts and safe deposit boxes, balance teller drawer daily, managed multiple tellers at once
Educational
Trust Specialist II (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 18, 2015
Great working environment. Over the years I have learned a number of things involving reconciliation and auditing. However growth is limited.
Very successful bank.
Commercial Credit Underwriter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Profitable bank
Cons: Overly-rigid credit policies, not prepared to do business in large city.
I worked there before the two First Citizens merged. The South Carolina bank came to Atlanta as a result of the Loss-Share acquisition of failed bank, Georgian Bank. Their culture, sense of proportion, and consumer-oriented focus was that of a small-town bank, which made it difficult to do business in a city the size of Atlanta. Particularly since the bank they had acquired was a commercial-focused bank. Extremely conservative credit-wise which explains why they were profitable even during the recent recession. But things are probably different now after the merger.
Discribable in one word: Family
Teller (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYAugust 11, 2015
I am a part time floating teller. Which means that I move from branch to branch where ever I am needed to fill in for people who are off or sick. I like my job It is fun and changes daily. The people are what makes it special to work for First Citizens. There is truly a family feeling there. Every one makes an effort to make you feel welcome and takes an interest in you and how you are doing. – more... The employees and management are great to work with. I would have to say the best part of my job is switching between banks and the hardest part of my job is switching between banks. On the one hand, I really like it because it brings you something different everyday and you meet and work with different people every day. The hard part about it is that you might not know the customers that frequent that branch as often because you aren't there all the time and that is hard for them to understand when they are used to coming in and being recognized. All in all First Citizens is an excellent place to work. – less
Undergoing positive changes
Senior Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: lots of organizational and process changes ongoing
Undergoing lots of positive changes so takes a lot of hard work from employees to implement them. Great work life balance. Good training benefits for employees. Good salary.
Good company to work for.
MORTGAGE DIVISION EMPLOYEE (Former Employee), Hendersonville, NCJuly 19, 2015
First Citizens is a good company to work for. Great people and good benefits. Management is typical of any large company. The most enjoyable part of the job is always keeping busy and my co-workers.
Work enironment
Image Specialist II (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2015
Nice work environment. worked for the company over 20 years and enjoyed working their. I learned a lot about banking working with the company
Computer Operator I (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2015
This company is very dynamic. The culture is very advanced, always seeking ways to prevent risks and vulnerabilities. Great company overall.
Wonderful Work Life Balance
Process Improvement Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2015
FCB affords great opportunity for working parents to balance work-life blend. I enjoy the ability to be able to collaborate with my collegues for professional development and growth.
management needs a lot of work.
Business Services Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 8, 2015
awful management on market level.
Sales goals are low but honestly management has no idea what they are doing. The area manager doesn't show up to work on most days.
ever changing sales focused banking world
Personal Banker (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 4, 2015
Pros: free accounts and checks, 1hr lunches, weekends and holidays off
Cons: health care cost for family, no overtime allowed, high sales goals, with merger the rules are ever changing and no clear communication of them
I worked with an amazing team with in my branch, but with a recent merger saw many positions change or completely "go away". Complete support for upper management seemed to change and many long term employees left, some willingly and some not! I think this was an overall good company for the many years that I was there, but things are definitely changing and I can't say for the best.
Fun working, fast paced enviroment
Teller (Current Employee), Lexington, SCMay 3, 2015
I enjoy going to work every day and seeing our current clients as well as new clients as well. During my training I learned federal and state regulations that have to be followed. As well as knowing how to use each system correctly to either process a transaction or look up a client's profile to retrieve certain information. I work closely with management (teller leader) on a daily basis and take – more... the roll of a teller leader when they are absent or on vacation. The hardest part of my job would be having unhappy clients. If we are unable to cash a check for someone or perform a certain transaction and they get upset. Although I have good customer service skills, it is sometimes difficult to get the client to understand our policies and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing our daily clients and new clients and building a relationship. – less
Amazing company to work for
Vault Teller (Former Employee), toccoa, gaApril 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches, amazing benefits
Cons: location
I loved going to work everyday. My customers were awesome and the staff was very helpful and so sweet! I learned so much about banking working with this company.
Steady place to work
Loan Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2015
Established company with great family value. Steady work in creating loan documents. Friendly work environment with a great employee lounge/cafateria.
It's different in a good way
TELLER (Current Employee), Summerville, SCApril 13, 2015
Most banks are the same this bank had some differences mainly bc it is an intermediate bank compared to the larger/ national banks. I enjoyed my time there.
Great Culture within the Industry of Banking
Treasury Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2015
excellent place to learn new skills and develop myself. Grew within the company really fast.Most enjoyable part of the job was servicing customers
Challenging and Rewarding
Adjuster III (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2015
Pros: Blended Portfolio
Cons: Non qualifying customers
Prioritize Portfolio based on status of delinquency
Learned the importance of maintaining a blended portfolio
Provided management training initiatives; development and staffing
I can't recall anything hard - unless having to initiate repossession of a customer's vehicle
Most enjoyable - minimizing lose and legal expenses
Great straight out of High School
Bank Clerk (Former Employee), Trinidad, W.I.April 2, 2015
functioned as a bank teller initially and worked my way into the credit department while learning all the rudiments of Commercial Banking and customer service.
A great company to work for.
Teller (Former Employee), Anderson, SCMarch 27, 2015
The work environment was very nice, I learned a lot during my employment. The bank puts high value on building customer relationships and offering the best service.
Great Family work balance
VP (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 24, 2015
This bank culture is one where the trade off in work/life balance is valued. People either stay a long time or leave quickly depending upon how they feel about the culture.