First Citizens

First Citizens Employer Reviews

Great Company
Teller/Floater (Former Employee), Greenville, Columbia, SCNovember 11, 2014
Teller at First Citizens Bank. Good work Enviornment.
Enjoyed working with customers and friendly co-workers.
Everyone worked together , Team spirit
Document Preparation Clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: some early nights
Cons: some late nights on mondays, fridays and after holidays
A typical day consisted of receiving various runns of work from all the bank branches. The work would be doc preped, then passed on to EPU to be sorted, then would go into an Image key system and we used 10 key data entry to input information until all phases of the days work were finished.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Spartanaburg SCNovember 2, 2014
Smaller bank, more community based
Will be merging with NC first of 2015
Productive and fun working environment
Business Support Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, North CarolinaNovember 2, 2014
Pros: potlucks all the time. values their employees
Cons: short breaks and long distance parking spots
Nice company to work for. I am enjoying every bit of everything!
This is a great place to work
System Engineer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: parking
This is a great place to work. I am learning something new everyday. The management here is cool and laied back. My coworkers are the best I have ever worked with. The hardest part of the job is trying to get indepth information about a project I might be working on. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the best people in the world.
Productive workplace
Telephone Banker (Current Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 22, 2014
This is a temporary position in a fast paced environment, I learned all about bank policies and procedures, the job is enjoyable and there's never a dull moment,
Financial Services Rep
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Warrenton, NCOctober 3, 2014
Sell FCB products to existing and new customers
Managed loan report
Called prospective customers
I can't say enough about this job!
Commercial Support Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 27, 2014
Wow! This was my first real grownup job after graduating college. I learned a lot about professionalism working here. I basically grew up here. I worked here for over 10 years. I left a family when I left this job to start my nursing career. I learned how to work with and deal with all types of personalities, and people from all walks of life. By far, – more... the most enjoyable part of this job was how they showed their appreciation to me as an employee. I was allowed to finish nursing school while working here, which showed how supportive they were, and that I wasn't too easy to replace. – less
Financially solid company
Comm loans/banking assistant (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FlSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: proximity to home
Cons: not well known in community
Great location in Miami Dade, good back office support, good benefits.
Great corporate culture
Collections/Recovery Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 23, 2014
It was fun and flexible. Only quit due to relocation. Pay could be better
Great place to work for a people person personality.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boonville, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Variety of duties to meet the customer needs. Team work was important to get duties done in a timely matter. Learned to work with people and to listen to them in order to meet their needs.
Good Compensation
VP - Financial Sales Manager (Former Employee), TNSeptember 17, 2014
The best part of the job are the clients.
Networking is key and became very enjoyable.
Good bank to work. I learned a lot in diffrent loan servicing.
Vice President, Credit Resolution Department (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2014
Overall I learned a lot in finace/asset management/Credit Resolution / SBA servicing and FDIC loss share program.

Due to FDIC loss share program, Management was tough and expected to complete the assigned work on a daily basis. However, overall management was excellent and I accomplished my goals.

Co-workers are very helpful, we worked as a team and – more... produced compnay goals.

When you work under pressure to please borrowers/Attorneys and vendors.

When you satisfy borrower's with their tough questions and resolve their issues. – less
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 19, 2014
I provided bank services, accurately processing of high transaction Volume. Consistently exceeded Monthly sales goals. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting people.
pros and cons
teller (Former Employee), Littleton, NCAugust 18, 2014
It is hard to get sufficient hours, but all of the managers I encountered were amazing ladies that really knew how to manage staff in a positive way.
Great bank, client centric
Senior Vice President Manager Retail Banking (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 13, 2014
Great bank, family controlled, great employees, competitive pay/benefits
A great place to learn and be well rounded
SSR/Backup Operations Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Century City, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great place to work if you want to learn and be well rounded.
Cons: you can be overworked if you don't remind management what tasks you have already been assigned
When I came into work, I would open the branch following the opening procedure. I would open the vault, get the cash drawer out, setup my workstation, than began doing NSF & Overdraft reports. 9am we opened the door to the public. After the reports were done, in our down time when we are not doing teller & new account duties, I would look for prospects – more... in the area and try to bring in business. In the afternoon, we usually got busy with mail & courier deposits.

Management was great. They were very easy going as long as you did your job accurately and efficiently. Upper management didn't know your worth so when a mistake was made, management had your back to keep you employed and on their team. The co-workers all worked together as a team. – less
Good Benefits, not great pay
Sales and Service Representative II (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay rate
The best part of my day was the people that I worked with, they became my family.
2nd Shift - Low Pay
CBO Specialist 1 - Keying Time Clock (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 9, 2014
Pros: free parking.
Cons: short breaks; low pay.
Getting experience working in a banking environment. Co-workers are friendly. Manager is fair, funny and easy to work with in this position. The hardest part of this job for me personally are the hours.
A great "clients first" company.
Teller Leader (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 29, 2014
The ability to assist clients professionally using common sense practices as well as standard policy was the most enjoyable part of the job. The most difficult part was knowing there wasn't any room for advancement or placement in more fit-able positions. There were entirely too many associates in positions due to who they know or seniority rather than – more... whether they were qualified. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About First Citizens

With roots dating back to 1913, First Citizens serves customers in South Carolina and Georgia through an extensive network of – Read more