First Citizens

First Citizens Employer Reviews

Good bank to work. I learned a lot in diffrent loan servicing.
Vice President, Credit Resolution Department (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2014
Overall I learned a lot in finace/asset management/Credit Resolution / SBA servicing and FDIC loss share program.

Due to FDIC loss share program, Management was tough and expected to complete the assigned work on a daily basis. However, overall management was excellent and I accomplished my goals.

Co-workers are very helpful, we worked as a team and – more... produced compnay goals.

When you work under pressure to please borrowers/Attorneys and vendors.

When you satisfy borrower's with their tough questions and resolve their issues. – less
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 19, 2014
I provided bank services, accurately processing of high transaction Volume. Consistently exceeded Monthly sales goals. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting people.
pros and cons
teller (Former Employee), Littleton, NCAugust 18, 2014
It is hard to get sufficient hours, but all of the managers I encountered were amazing ladies that really knew how to manage staff in a positive way.
Great bank, client centric
Senior Vice President Manager Retail Banking (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 13, 2014
Great bank, family controlled, great employees, competitive pay/benefits
A great place to learn and be well rounded
SSR/Backup Operations Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Century City, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great place to work if you want to learn and be well rounded.
Cons: you can be overworked if you don't remind management what tasks you have already been assigned
When I came into work, I would open the branch following the opening procedure. I would open the vault, get the cash drawer out, setup my workstation, than began doing NSF & Overdraft reports. 9am we opened the door to the public. After the reports were done, in our down time when we are not doing teller & new account duties, I would look for prospects – more... in the area and try to bring in business. In the afternoon, we usually got busy with mail & courier deposits.

Management was great. They were very easy going as long as you did your job accurately and efficiently. Upper management didn't know your worth so when a mistake was made, management had your back to keep you employed and on their team. The co-workers all worked together as a team. – less
Good Benefits, not great pay
Sales and Service Representative II (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay rate
The best part of my day was the people that I worked with, they became my family.
2nd Shift - Low Pay
CBO Specialist 1 - Keying Time Clock (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 9, 2014
Pros: free parking.
Cons: short breaks; low pay.
Getting experience working in a banking environment. Co-workers are friendly. Manager is fair, funny and easy to work with in this position. The hardest part of this job for me personally are the hours.
A great "clients first" company.
Teller Leader (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 29, 2014
The ability to assist clients professionally using common sense practices as well as standard policy was the most enjoyable part of the job. The most difficult part was knowing there wasn't any room for advancement or placement in more fit-able positions. There were entirely too many associates in positions due to who they know or seniority rather than – more... whether they were qualified. – less
good company
marketing (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: people, training, work environment
Cons: very corporate, formal
The company has a very good reputation in the community. Nice people, nice office space.
Great place to work, good people, great benefits
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, on site cafeteria, people.
Cons: compensation may not be as high as some companies.
This company takes care of its employees. There is a positive work atmosphere. Coworkers and managers are all focused on the job and doing good work but also like to have fun and socialize.
Great workplace
Drive Thru Teller (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 3, 2014
Great benefits and great atmosphere. Wonderful clients and great location in Greenville.
The company is currently in the large transformation program that itself continues to change.
IT Employee (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 24, 2014
Excellent co-workers. Management has gotten more political over the last couple years.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2014
Pros: completing a foreclosure
Cons: benefits
There is never a typical day, because as you deal with foreclosures there is always something different that you may have to research or discuss. I am learning a lot as far as the legal side of this department. The hardest part of the job is that you can't save everyone who is being foreclosed.
Great work place to work with even better leadership
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 12, 2014
Pros: great training
Working for First Citizen Bank was a learning experience everyday. I learned many different leadership skills as well as great team work. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the customers needs and wants and how they like to be treated on a day to day bases. The most enjoyable part of the job was how much you leaned everyday and the responsibility – more... that I had to keep. – less
Productive workplace
Supervisor Operations Service (Former Employee), Farragut, TNJune 3, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Bank is still fairly new to TN area. This makes for slower days and not as challenging as prior job. However, the bank as a whole is a strong bank and will do well in the future.
It's just a job
Float Teller II (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJune 3, 2014
I forced myself to learn plenty, however not many opportunities to advance.
Operations Services Supervisor (Current Employee), NCMay 19, 2014
Good place to work, excellent job growth opportunity and very competitive salaries
Excellent Company
CBO Specialist I (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2014
I love the job I do and I love my co-workers and supervisor. First Citizens is a very good company to work for and they take care of their employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I offer customer service to fellow employees in other departments.
Great workplace
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Luverne, ALMay 12, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company. Everyone there is very friendly and helpful. They were like family to me and though it was very hard to leave my job, i still keep in touch. Awesome place to work. I really enjoyed my job here.
Great company to work for if you want to learn more how to deal with business clients.
Business Services Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about business banking in a short time.
Cons: high pressure job.
A typical work day at First Citizens can be very hectic but very fun. You learn to interact more openly with business clients from every work of life. You are more alert to a client's needs, and you also learn to develop your listening skills more in order to discovery what a client is lacking to make his /her business more profitable. You acquire great – more... co-workers that you can depend on at all times.

The hardest part of the job is acquiring new clients since the company is limited to the clients we lend money to. The most enjoyable part of the job is make a client happy and retain that client. Working at First Citizens is like being in business for yourself. You have to nurture your existing and future clients in order to retain them. – less

1 2 3 4

About First Citizens

With roots dating back to 1913, First Citizens serves customers in South Carolina and Georgia through an extensive network of – Read more