First Citizens

First Citizens Employee Reviews

Undergoing positive changes
Senior Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: lots of organizational and process changes ongoing
Undergoing lots of positive changes so takes a lot of hard work from employees to implement them. Great work life balance. Good training benefits for employees. Good salary.
Good company to work for.
MORTGAGE DIVISION EMPLOYEE (Former Employee), Hendersonville, NCJuly 19, 2015
First Citizens is a good company to work for. Great people and good benefits. Management is typical of any large company. The most enjoyable part of the job is always keeping busy and my co-workers.
Work enironment
Image Specialist II (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2015
Nice work environment. worked for the company over 20 years and enjoyed working their. I learned a lot about banking working with the company
Computer Operator I (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2015
This company is very dynamic. The culture is very advanced, always seeking ways to prevent risks and vulnerabilities. Great company overall.
Wonderful Work Life Balance
Process Improvement Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2015
FCB affords great opportunity for working parents to balance work-life blend. I enjoy the ability to be able to collaborate with my collegues for professional development and growth.
management needs a lot of work.
Business Services Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 8, 2015
awful management on market level.
Sales goals are low but honestly management has no idea what they are doing. The area manager doesn't show up to work on most days.
ever changing sales focused banking world
Personal Banker (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 4, 2015
Pros: free accounts and checks, 1hr lunches, weekends and holidays off
Cons: health care cost for family, no overtime allowed, high sales goals, with merger the rules are ever changing and no clear communication of them
I worked with an amazing team with in my branch, but with a recent merger saw many positions change or completely "go away". Complete support for upper management seemed to change and many long term employees left, some willingly and some not! I think this was an overall good company for the many years that I was there, but things are definitely changing and I can't say for the best.
Fun working, fast paced enviroment
Teller (Current Employee), Lexington, SCMay 3, 2015
I enjoy going to work every day and seeing our current clients as well as new clients as well. During my training I learned federal and state regulations that have to be followed. As well as knowing how to use each system correctly to either process a transaction or look up a client's profile to retrieve certain information. I work closely with management (teller leader) on a daily basis and take the roll of a teller leader when they are absent or on vacation. The hardest part of my job would be having unhappy clients. If we are unable to cash a check for someone or perform a certain transaction and they get upset. Although I have good customer service skills, it is sometimes difficult to get the client to understand our policies and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing our daily clients and new clients and building a relationship.
Amazing company to work for
Vault Teller (Former Employee), toccoa, gaApril 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches, amazing benefits
Cons: location
I loved going to work everyday. My customers were awesome and the staff was very helpful and so sweet! I learned so much about banking working with this company.
Steady place to work
Loan Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2015
Established company with great family value. Steady work in creating loan documents. Friendly work environment with a great employee lounge/cafateria.
It's different in a good way
TELLER (Current Employee), Summerville, SCApril 13, 2015
Most banks are the same this bank had some differences mainly bc it is an intermediate bank compared to the larger/ national banks. I enjoyed my time there.
Great Culture within the Industry of Banking
Treasury Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2015
excellent place to learn new skills and develop myself. Grew within the company really fast.Most enjoyable part of the job was servicing customers
Challenging and Rewarding
Adjuster III (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2015
Pros: Blended Portfolio
Cons: Non qualifying customers
Prioritize Portfolio based on status of delinquency
Learned the importance of maintaining a blended portfolio
Provided management training initiatives; development and staffing
I can't recall anything hard - unless having to initiate repossession of a customer's vehicle
Most enjoyable - minimizing lose and legal expenses
Great straight out of High School
Bank Clerk (Former Employee), Trinidad, W.I.April 2, 2015
functioned as a bank teller initially and worked my way into the credit department while learning all the rudiments of Commercial Banking and customer service.
A great company to work for.
Teller (Former Employee), Anderson, SCMarch 27, 2015
The work environment was very nice, I learned a lot during my employment. The bank puts high value on building customer relationships and offering the best service.
Great Family work balance
VP (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 24, 2015
This bank culture is one where the trade off in work/life balance is valued. People either stay a long time or leave quickly depending upon how they feel about the culture.
Sales and Service Rep
Traditional teller/banker roles (Current Employee), Mission ViejoMarch 14, 2015
Pay is great compared to other banks. Slow but study workflow, very traditional and old fashioned way of doing things. Not for the modern heart. Technology (or lack there of) is slow, and not up to date. However, the benefits and compensation is wonderful, advancements are also reachable.
First Job
Teller (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: not very personable
I enjoyed gaining banking experience here, but the bank was in the midst of changing management and many employees were laid off during that time.

I spent my days balancing my cash box, interacting with customers, and upgrading/selling accounts for checking and savings.

The hardest part of the job was staying upbeat in a very slow, somewhat cold environment.
Awesome Company
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Hendersonville, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Customer service and employee driven. They really take care of and care about their employees. The culture among the company is great, and makes for a great working environment.
REVIEW
Area Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 13, 2015
FIRST CITIZENS IS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR. THE GOALS ARE A LITTLE TOUGH, BUT YOU CAN MANAGE. I LIKE MY JOB AS AN AREA SPECIALIST IT CAN GET CHALLENGING THOUGH.

1 2 3 4 5

About First Citizens

With roots dating back to 1913, First Citizens serves customers in South Carolina and Georgia through an extensive network of – Read more

First Citizens Salaries