First Citizens Employee Reviews

Business Banker
Vice President, Business Banker (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 23, 2016
Company pays above market average compensation; however, underwriters and credit target are still based on recent recession. Lack of vision or understanding of industries outside medical and dental. Narrow scope of target prospects makes it virtually impossible to hit production goals.
Pros
Great pay, flexible schedule, work from home
Cons
Underwriting, small minded customer/prospect focus, unachievable production goals
Relaxed workplace with colorful customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 20, 2016
Working as a teller allows you to meet customers from all walks of life. As you manage their banking, you learn more about their business and personal lives as you strive to meet their needs. The customers become like a second family, and also offer a variety of networking opportunities.
Pros
Network with various customers
Cons
Short breaks
Mid-sized Bank, Dealing With Some Growing Pains
Senior Programmer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2016
First Citizens Bank is a rapidly-growing company and, as a result, is having some difficulty dealing with the process. It seems to have one foot stuck in the past, and one in the future.

The culture is fairly relaxed but, given the number of tech workers in the company, the nerd culture seems to be somewhat lacking.
fine place to work.
Teller/ Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Polson, MTJune 7, 2016
I have enjoyed working at First Citizens Bank. The people have been delightful to work with, and I enjoy the customer relations. However I have also been sorely disappointed in the lack of appreciation from the employers. We do not have benefits for part time workers and minimal benefits for full time workers. There are also no raises given to loyal employees.
Pros
Holidays off, and 8-5 work day
Cons
No payraises, no overtime, no benefits
Professional and secure work environment
Float Sales and Services Repersinitive (Former Employee) –  Buncombe County, NCMay 12, 2016
Very scheduled work day which I like - however I was a float teller which meant I had to travel to work and it was hard doing so with a new baby.

I learned everything about banking and all is listed on resume.

Very professional and understanding management.

Easy to get along with coworkers .

Travling to a different branch everyday.

Pay, benefits, security, and professionalism.
Pros
Steady hours, hour lunch break, pay, benefits
Cons
being a float teller and no openings for a stationary position
One of the Best Banks to work for!
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 19, 2016
First Citizens Bank is a wonderful business to work for! They are a family owned company and have been extremely profitable over the years. They are a company with a focus on innovation, one that has always focused on meeting and keeping up with their customer's ever changing needs. I thoroughly enjoyed working for First Citizens and if it were on the west coast (east coast operation only at the moment), would readily apply to my area's local branch. A wonderful place to work!
Pros
401k plan, health benefits (to include family members), professional atmosphere, innovative, quality products, genuine concern for clientele, vacation time, opportunities to relocate/advance
Cons
Each branch will be different depending on the surrounding area/market (not exactly a con though)
First Citizens was an excellent place to work with outstanding management.
Commercial Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 18, 2016
First Citizens acquired a failed bank from the FDIC. This was just a difficult environment to work under. However, First Citizens made the transition as smooth as possible. It was once again enjoyable coming to work.
Pros
Management was excellent and they would listen and consider your opinions.
Cons
IT software was not windows based. Computers were downgraded to match home office.
N/a
Operation Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisburg, NCJune 24, 2016
N/A don't really know what to say here.......I would mention that some locations are better than others. I have worked in 4 to 5 different locations for the same company and no one follows the same rules, which can definitely be a con....or a little confusing.
Pros
nothing free
Cons
Stay away if you value having a job!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 16, 2016
Several of the other reviews have hit this on the head. This bank does not have the reputation for firing people for no reason! I did at least get a written warning and in my manager's words I had improved in several areas within the 90 days. What happened seven days later? Adios amigo! I agree with some of the other reviews here because my manager was completely inept with no thoughts to actual coaching or giving encouragement. This person's only thought was to demand perfection and you were written off if you did not toe her line.

My co-workers were nice though. They would pitch in when needed and there was some team work going on.
Pros
The corporate office was near a lot of restaurants so you could get away for a few minutes at lunch.
Cons
poor management, attitude of firing people rather than developing them
Nice work atmosphere
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2016
Perfect work hours, nice and helpful coworkers. I enjoy the job itself however the trainer is inconsistent and out of town on assignment a lot. Job security is uncertain.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Training is unorganized.
Great entergetic and overall productive work place
Sales and Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Brevard, NCAugust 9, 2016
I tend to stay busy through out the day whether its on the service line or platform. I love to help the customers and they are a joy to talk with.
Typical banking job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 9, 2016
Typical work day involved making commercial deposits and processing customer transactions. I was only part-time and don't feel comfortable reviewing this company any further
Pros
part time
Cons
short breaks
Working at First Citizens
Sales & Services Representative III (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with First Citizens Bank. I was able to learn many tasks not included in my job description so that I could gain the knowledge in order to move up when the opportunity became available. I enjoyed being responsible for various projects and building relationships with our guests.
Fsr ii
Financial Services Representative II (S.A.F.E) (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 26, 2016
Great place to work, hard to move up, great people very conservative. Management very professional. Vacation starting out 4 weeks, very good compared to most companies.
Horrible employer - will fire for no reason
Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Constantly firing people, but the higher management does not realize that their middle management has almost no skills.. I was provided very little training and absolutely no formal training or feedback from my manager.
Pros
Pay and benefits...
Cons
poor management, don't care about people, culture of firing people, it is like the mafia where you just disappear one day. No job security
Enjoyed the job, didn't like the politics
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed my job, providing HR direction and assistance to other associates of the bank. Changes in the overall management of the HR area allowed for too much office/management politics, which in turn made it difficult to stay positive within my job. Changes of job responsibilities to more of a call center atmosphere was a factor in my decision to leave employment.
Pros
Coworkers, other associates within organization
Cons
Office politics, no advancement opportunity within my position
Good
Financial Center Manager / Small Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 23, 2016
Strong regionally based company with average management staffed. Local support staff fairly strong. SVP needs improvement and staff focus.
Bankers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 12, 2016
This was a good environment and many good people.The company cared about it's employees. The location was also very accessible. Had a chance to meet many.
Typical Day at First Citizens Bank
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Swansboro, NCJanuary 24, 2016
I come in and get my drawer out of vault. Then I set my window up for the time I will be working. I wait on customers and handle cashing checks, issuing Cashiers Checks, taking loan and mortgage payments. I also process deposits from personal and commercial customers. I look at customers accounts and if I see there is a need to talk with them about additional services that the bank has to offer, if the customer does not already have it, I send the customer over to our Financial Sales Representative for them to talk with the customer in more detail about that particular service. I also do outbound courtesy calls to existing customers. Then I balance my drawer at the end of day. Afterwards I put my cash drawer back in vault and leave.
Pros
Full Health Benefits
Productive and fun
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 22, 2016
Very good job for those of a fast past and also relaxed job. This job brings you relationships with your customers that you cherish for life