First Citizens Employee Reviews in United States

Business Banker
Vice President, Business Banker (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 23, 2016
Company pays above market average compensation; however, underwriters and credit target are still based on recent recession. Lack of vision or understanding of industries outside medical and dental. Narrow scope of target prospects makes it virtually impossible to hit production goals.
Pros
Great pay, flexible schedule, work from home
Cons
Underwriting, small minded customer/prospect focus, unachievable production goals
fine place to work.
Teller/ Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Polson, MTJune 7, 2016
I have enjoyed working at First Citizens Bank. The people have been delightful to work with, and I enjoy the customer relations. However I have also been sorely disappointed in the lack of appreciation from the employers. We do not have benefits for part time workers and minimal benefits for full time workers. There are also no raises given to loyal employees.
Pros
Holidays off, and 8-5 work day
Cons
No payraises, no overtime, no benefits
Professional and secure work environment
Float Sales and Services Repersinitive (Former Employee) –  Buncombe County, NCMay 12, 2016
Very scheduled work day which I like - however I was a float teller which meant I had to travel to work and it was hard doing so with a new baby.

I learned everything about banking and all is listed on resume.

Very professional and understanding management.

Easy to get along with coworkers .

Travling to a different branch everyday.

Pay, benefits, security, and professionalism.
Pros
Steady hours, hour lunch break, pay, benefits
Cons
being a float teller and no openings for a stationary position
One of the Best Banks to work for!
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 19, 2016
First Citizens Bank is a wonderful business to work for! They are a family owned company and have been extremely profitable over the years. They are a company with a focus on innovation, one that has always focused on meeting and keeping up with their customer's ever changing needs. I thoroughly enjoyed working for First Citizens and if it were on the west coast (east coast operation only at the moment), would readily apply to my area's local branch. A wonderful place to work!
Pros
401k plan, health benefits (to include family members), professional atmosphere, innovative, quality products, genuine concern for clientele, vacation time, opportunities to relocate/advance
Cons
Each branch will be different depending on the surrounding area/market (not exactly a con though)
First Citizens was an excellent place to work with outstanding management.
Commercial Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 18, 2016
First Citizens acquired a failed bank from the FDIC. This was just a difficult environment to work under. However, First Citizens made the transition as smooth as possible. It was once again enjoyable coming to work.
Pros
Management was excellent and they would listen and consider your opinions.
Cons
IT software was not windows based. Computers were downgraded to match home office.
N/a
Operation Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisburg, NCJune 24, 2016
N/A don't really know what to say here.......I would mention that some locations are better than others. I have worked in 4 to 5 different locations for the same company and no one follows the same rules, which can definitely be a con....or a little confusing.
Pros
nothing free
Cons
Stay away if you value having a job!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 16, 2016
Several of the other reviews have hit this on the head. This bank does not have the reputation for firing people for no reason! I did at least get a written warning and in my manager's words I had improved in several areas within the 90 days. What happened seven days later? Adios amigo! I agree with some of the other reviews here because my manager was completely inept with no thoughts to actual coaching or giving encouragement. This person's only thought was to demand perfection and you were written off if you did not toe her line.

My co-workers were nice though. They would pitch in when needed and there was some team work going on.
Pros
The corporate office was near a lot of restaurants so you could get away for a few minutes at lunch.
Cons
poor management, attitude of firing people rather than developing them
Working at First Citizens
Sales & Services Representative III (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with First Citizens Bank. I was able to learn many tasks not included in my job description so that I could gain the knowledge in order to move up when the opportunity became available. I enjoyed being responsible for various projects and building relationships with our guests.
Horrible employer - will fire for no reason
Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Constantly firing people, but the higher management does not realize that their middle management has almost no skills.. I was provided very little training and absolutely no formal training or feedback from my manager.
Pros
Pay and benefits...
Cons
poor management, don't care about people, culture of firing people, it is like the mafia where you just disappear one day. No job security
Enjoyed the job, didn't like the politics
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed my job, providing HR direction and assistance to other associates of the bank. Changes in the overall management of the HR area allowed for too much office/management politics, which in turn made it difficult to stay positive within my job. Changes of job responsibilities to more of a call center atmosphere was a factor in my decision to leave employment.
Pros
Coworkers, other associates within organization
Cons
Office politics, no advancement opportunity within my position
Great entergetic and overall productive work place
Sales and Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Brevard, NCAugust 9, 2016
I tend to stay busy through out the day whether its on the service line or platform. I love to help the customers and they are a joy to talk with.
Typical banking job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 9, 2016
Typical work day involved making commercial deposits and processing customer transactions. I was only part-time and don't feel comfortable reviewing this company any further
Pros
part time
Cons
short breaks
Typical Day at First Citizens Bank
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Swansboro, NCJanuary 24, 2016
I come in and get my drawer out of vault. Then I set my window up for the time I will be working. I wait on customers and handle cashing checks, issuing Cashiers Checks, taking loan and mortgage payments. I also process deposits from personal and commercial customers. I look at customers accounts and if I see there is a need to talk with them about additional services that the bank has to offer, if the customer does not already have it, I send the customer over to our Financial Sales Representative for them to talk with the customer in more detail about that particular service. I also do outbound courtesy calls to existing customers. Then I balance my drawer at the end of day. Afterwards I put my cash drawer back in vault and leave.
Pros
Full Health Benefits
Cons
Good
Financial Center Manager / Small Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 23, 2016
Strong regionally based company with average management staffed. Local support staff fairly strong. SVP needs improvement and staff focus.
Productive team oriented environment
Adjustments Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 22, 2016
I learned the back end of correcting the banks policy's and procedures. I learned all the bank operations system database and the management as well as the co-workers were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. First Citizens by far was the best job and opportunity I was given the pleasure to work for. The bank managers at the various branches made my job a pleasure. Unfortunately this was a contract job and the company moved to North Carolina. This was a one year temporary position. All my communication was done through outlook throughout the different branches with the tellers and the leaders. I would say the hardest part at times was having the tellers/leaders understand why we had to debit or credit the customers accounts and fix or undo what the tellers did which was done in error. I worked both as a teller and now as the bank operation division so I could relate how different the two can be.
Pros
rewarded with free lunches for hard work done. Treated their employees extremely well.
Cons
no healthcare/ contract job
loved working here
Teller (Former Employee) –  roanoke rapids ncApril 7, 2016
we had a great team...I learned a lot working with this company and enjoyed. Management was good for the most part. most enjoyable part of job was the customers.
Pros
customers
Cons
had to leave do to caring for parent
ok place to work
Loan Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 22, 2016
There were not a lot of opportunities for advancement in this company. The benefits were good and working with the coworkers was great.
Great Company . Excellent benefits
Branch Manager/ Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 1, 2016
I have only been employed with First Citizens for only 8 months. First Citizens acquired Capitol City Bank in February 2015 and did not bridge my time worked so I am a new employee with the company. First Citizens is now downsizing but have been an rewarding company to work for.
Slow and steady
Auditor III (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 5, 2016
Slow corporate culture that is stuck in the past and reluctantly modernizing. Good place for steady employment if you do not want to get ahead quickly.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Slow to promote
Head Teller
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 11, 2016
I love this bank! Great people work there. I am still friends with many of them. I just saw an opportunity for a better job and knew it was time to move on.
Pros
Close family feeling bank
Cons
Handling other peoples money