First Citizens Employee Reviews

Horrible employer - will fire for no reason
Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Constantly firing people, but the higher management does not realize that their middle management has almost no skills.. I was provided very little training and absolutely no formal training or feedback from my manager.
Pros
Pay and benefits...
Cons
poor management, don't care about people, culture of firing people, it is like the mafia where you just disappear one day. No job security
hectic work enviroment
Sales and Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 6, 2016
8 hour work days sometimes stay late
learned about customer service
management helps a lot
co workers help each other out with goals
hardest part is sales goals
most enjoyable thing would be client base
Enjoyed the job, didn't like the politics
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed my job, providing HR direction and assistance to other associates of the bank. Changes in the overall management of the HR area allowed for too much office/management politics, which in turn made it difficult to stay positive within my job. Changes of job responsibilities to more of a call center atmosphere was a factor in my decision to leave employment.
Pros
Coworkers, other associates within organization
Cons
Office politics, no advancement opportunity within my position
Productive and fun workplace at times
Loan Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 28, 2016
Work under a fast paced production with a deadline, had some co-workers to work as a team and management was very understanding with personal matters.
Pros
Have a decent salary
Cons
Over worked at times
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Customer Service representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Princes Town, TrinidadJanuary 26, 2016
First I concentrate on how to organize my day in order to take full advantage of the day. In a banking environment, I open savings accounts for customers and answer customers’ question. As a teller, I do withdraw deposits and cashed checks. I also verify money at ATM

In a school environment, I supervised and assisted with chemistry labs, and I graded assignments

At work, I learned to become independent while remaining a functional part of the team. In working as a team-member, it helps me to come up with solution as a team member or in a leading role situation if needed. I also learned how to better correspond with my surrounding, and interact professionally better with my coworkers and our customers. From management, I learned to be productive and to be able to fully function under stress, and since I am willing to learn new thing to better sharpen my skill, I excel from what I learn at every opportunities given to me

I don't know, maybe I’ve been fortunate, I have never in any of the jobs I’ve held, been able to identify something that was the hardest about my work or my working environments. Also in any of the place that I worked, there was nothing that I found to be exceedingly hard or difficult that wasn't a plus for my skill
Pros
Meet great people with different experience and viewpoint
Typical Day at First Citizens Bank
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Swansboro, NCJanuary 24, 2016
I come in and get my drawer out of vault. Then I set my window up for the time I will be working. I wait on customers and handle cashing checks, issuing Cashiers Checks, taking loan and mortgage payments. I also process deposits from personal and commercial customers. I look at customers accounts and if I see there is a need to talk with them about additional services that the bank has to offer, if the customer does not already have it, I send the customer over to our Financial Sales Representative for them to talk with the customer in more detail about that particular service. I also do outbound courtesy calls to existing customers. Then I balance my drawer at the end of day. Afterwards I put my cash drawer back in vault and leave.
Pros
Full Health Benefits
Temp Position
Image Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2016
I worked in the position over 13 years ago and do not quite remember much about the work environment. This was a temporary position until full time employment came up.
A great place to work
ACH Specialist (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYJanuary 8, 2016
The bank leadership team has created n amazing atmosphere to work within. Their focus on taking care of people- customers and employees alike- deserves recognition!
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
Located in Kentucky. It's the only reason I don't still work there.
Great Company . Excellent benefits
Branch Manager/ Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 1, 2016
I have only been employed with First Citizens for only 8 months. First Citizens acquired Capitol City Bank in February 2015 and did not bridge my time worked so I am a new employee with the company. First Citizens is now downsizing but have been an rewarding company to work for.
2 branches in Middle TN RUN FROM THIS BANK UNTIL MGMT CHANGES
business (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 19, 2015
POORLY MANAGED

Offices in chaos, low morale office culture, operations ans systems outdated and not current.

1990's servicing systems, credit and underwriting
Did not like the atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCDecember 9, 2015
Perform daily tasks of the company. Did not have a clear understanding of the policy and procedures when it comes to products and services. Did not have time to actually learn the information provided with the company
working with the public
Float SSR II (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 3, 2015
you have to learn to be patient with people and try to explain how depoits post and debit cards ...all of my co workers were always very helpful whenever needed for questions and help with a tast or a not so understanding client ....i enjoy working at the bank and with the customer and getting to know new peopje
Pros
and hour and 15 min lunch
Sales and Service Rep
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAOctober 21, 2015
No room for growth, Great customers and training tools. Beautiful location, small staff. obtainable sales goals. Great working environment.
Growing company with many new opportunities.
Loan Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 17, 2015
Due to mergers and acquisitions, the company has grown tremendously over the past five years. There are frequent opportunities to learn new skills and systems which can be both stressful and rewarding depending on your outlook. Management and coworkers are generally very supportive. The company tends to promote from within.
Pros
Opportunities to move around internally, positive corporate culture, onsite cafeteria
Cons
Lack of schedule flexibility, low pay when moving up internally
Good Place to work!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GaOctober 14, 2015
Overall satisfied with the bank job I had. Sad to say I was told due to the bank merger we were having that my part time position at the time was going to be cut. Forced me to find something else quickly before I was let go from here.
Customer Service
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  York, SCOctober 8, 2015
Lots of interaction with many customers on a daily basis. Great workplace environment in a nice atmosphere. Ability to work as a team, and work together to get the job done.
Stable Job
SALES AND SERVICE REP III (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 6, 2015
I think it all depends who is your direct manager. The customers and co-workers are generally great. But there is a chance for improvement in management.
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 2, 2015
None , no review at this time typical work day very active and lot off work very enjoyable .All reviews for work requirement were met.
Great
Fanatical services Rep (Current Employee) –  Aurora CoSeptember 14, 2015
Have been here for 5+ years and my Boss has treated me well just wish I made more and could move up in the company. Micromanaging isn't super bad here and the benefits are really great.
Good Company
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 13, 2015
Beneifts are good. Management is good. They give a lot of vacation time to their associates. They are constantly upgrading their technology.