First Citizens

First Citizens Employer Reviews

Great place to work, good people, great benefits
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, on site cafeteria, people.
Cons: compensation may not be as high as some companies.
This company takes care of its employees. There is a positive work atmosphere. Coworkers and managers are all focused on the job and doing good work but also like to have fun and socialize.
Great workplace
Drive Thru Teller (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 3, 2014
Great benefits and great atmosphere. Wonderful clients and great location in Greenville.
The company is currently in the large transformation program that itself continues to change.
IT Employee (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 24, 2014
Excellent co-workers. Management has gotten more political over the last couple years.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2014
Pros: completing a foreclosure
Cons: benefits
There is never a typical day, because as you deal with foreclosures there is always something different that you may have to research or discuss. I am learning a lot as far as the legal side of this department. The hardest part of the job is that you can't save everyone who is being foreclosed.
NEED TO KNOW YOUR HUMAN NOT A ROBOT
CSR (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 7, 2014
Pros: they feed you
Cons: 10min breaks with back to back calls under staff under paid for what you all have to do, need to stop using outdated system host
In the beginning they all for you in training you feel like so good until you get on the floor .They rush you out training I feel over work and under paid .Dont ask to have off on weekend if you work on weekend you will be told NO. Some co workers are great and will help you.This is not company for me maybe if was in a diffrent department I might feel – more... diffrent but I dont like customer service department way under staff and open to 11pm is ridiculous when most people at night call to check balance. – less
Productive workplace
Supervisor Operations Service (Former Employee), Farragut, TNJune 3, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Bank is still fairly new to TN area. This makes for slower days and not as challenging as prior job. However, the bank as a whole is a strong bank and will do well in the future.
It's just a job
Float Teller II (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJune 3, 2014
I forced myself to learn plenty, however not many opportunities to advance.
Operations Services Supervisor (Current Employee), NCMay 19, 2014
Good place to work, excellent job growth opportunity and very competitive salaries
Excellent Company
CBO Specialist I (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2014
I love the job I do and I love my co-workers and supervisor. First Citizens is a very good company to work for and they take care of their employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I offer customer service to fellow employees in other departments.
Great workplace
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Luverne, ALMay 12, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company. Everyone there is very friendly and helpful. They were like family to me and though it was very hard to leave my job, i still keep in touch. Awesome place to work. I really enjoyed my job here.
Great company to work for if you want to learn more how to deal with business clients.
Business Services Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about business banking in a short time.
Cons: high pressure job.
A typical work day at First Citizens can be very hectic but very fun. You learn to interact more openly with business clients from every work of life. You are more alert to a client's needs, and you also learn to develop your listening skills more in order to discovery what a client is lacking to make his /her business more profitable. You acquire great – more... co-workers that you can depend on at all times.

The hardest part of the job is acquiring new clients since the company is limited to the clients we lend money to. The most enjoyable part of the job is make a client happy and retain that client. Working at First Citizens is like being in business for yourself. You have to nurture your existing and future clients in order to retain them. – less
Very busy Workplace , friendly co-workers
Customer Service Rep/Teller (Former Employee), Trinidad & TobagoApril 20, 2014
Pros: when the work day was finished, my job was finished
Cons: abiding by rules and regulations in satisfying customers needs.
Work Day started at 8am to 6pm.
I learned to interact with both customers and staff. It was my first full-time job where multi-tasking was mandatory.
My co-workers were very supportive in teaching me everything since I had no experience in the field.
The hardest part of the job was being able to satisfy customers needs in a timely fashion within the – more... rules and regulations of the financial institution.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being motivated by fellow co-workers. – less
Fun and attractive place to work
Teller Intern (Former Employee), Clemson, SCApril 3, 2014
I learned what it really meant to be a part of a work team. The people there became like family. At times things got very busy (i.e. first of the month, mondays and fridays) but we as a team flowed as a well oiled machine.
No Room for Advancement
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 23, 2014
Pros: pay and pto
Cons: bad management
If you are willing to sit there and watch your hairs grow grey you can advance within the company. You will never feel informed or secure in your job.
Fast Paced environment
CBO Specialist II (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 3, 2014
Headphones on and key bank transactions

Great friendly environment; everyone was there to work hard

Learned 5 new skills within the first 6 months
Fun
Teller (Former Employee), Swansboro,NCMarch 3, 2014
Loved it, great people, great place to work, great hours and pay.
A people place
Teller Intern (Former Employee), Clemson, SCFebruary 6, 2014
Laid back but professional. Can make friends easily and laugh frequently.
Great Financial Institution
Human Resources Intern/Telephone Banker (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 3, 2014
You will never have a boring day. There is lots of room for advancement.
Overworked and Overlooked but still managing to work with a smile on our faces!
Telephone Banker (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: work environment, distance to home
Cons: no advancement opportunities, lack of permanent full-time positions
My typical day includes answering emails and/or phone calls from customers regarding their bank accounts. My job requires that you are very knowledgeable of the bank products as well as many different systems and programs used by the bank and our department. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help someone that really is in need. For example, – more... telling someone they were declined for a loan after this person has poured out their heart to you informing you of the hardships and troubles they are having. Also, another hard part of my job is being cursed out by customers. You would be surprised what customers will say to you over the phone or by email. Our management team is the typical management team. They are always trying to implement new ways to help make our department run more effective and efficient. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is when someone tells me that they appreciate the help I have provided them or that I was able to make something more clear to them that maybe they did not understand before. – less
Branch Manager / Loan Officer (Former Employee), Thomasville, NCJanuary 18, 2014
Worked as a collector and then later promoted to loan officer and then branch manager. I learned the culture quickly and enjoyed the professional work environment. I was young and this was my first real job. The collector position was challenging but a good stepping stone on how to make good loans. Running a branch in the town I grew up in was a highly – more... visible position which I enjoyed however I struggled to balance my time between meeting with customers and getting my paperwork done during bus day. All documentation and contracts were written by hand so I often worked late. Enjoyed the autonomy of making loans and satisfied customers but managing a staff was often challenging and my least favorite part of the job. Management was fair and there was plenty of room for advancement. First Citizens was a good bank and good to work for. – less

1 2 3 4

About First Citizens

With roots dating back to 1913, First Citizens serves customers in South Carolina and Georgia through an extensive network of – Read more