First Citizens Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 22, 2016
Very good job for those of a fast past and also relaxed job. This job brings you relationships with your customers that you cherish for life
Relaxed workplace with colorful customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 20, 2016
Working as a teller allows you to meet customers from all walks of life. As you manage their banking, you learn more about their business and personal lives as you strive to meet their needs. The customers become like a second family, and also offer a variety of networking opportunities.
Pros
Network with various customers
Cons
Short breaks
Bankers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 12, 2016
This was a good environment and many good people.The company cared about it's employees. The location was also very accessible. Had a chance to meet many.
Mid-sized Bank, Dealing With Some Growing Pains
Senior Programmer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2016
First Citizens Bank is a rapidly-growing company and, as a result, is having some difficulty dealing with the process. It seems to have one foot stuck in the past, and one in the future.

The culture is fairly relaxed but, given the number of tech workers in the company, the nerd culture seems to be somewhat lacking.
Nice work atmosphere
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2016
Perfect work hours, nice and helpful coworkers. I enjoy the job itself however the trainer is inconsistent and out of town on assignment a lot. Job security is uncertain.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Training is unorganized.
Family owned
CCR (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCSeptember 1, 2016
this place is good to work, they care about their employees and they want everyone to do well. overall 10/10. I would work there again
Fsr ii
Financial Services Representative II (S.A.F.E) (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 26, 2016
Great place to work, hard to move up, great people very conservative. Management very professional. Vacation starting out 4 weeks, very good compared to most companies.
Good
Financial Center Manager / Small Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 23, 2016
Strong regionally based company with average management staffed. Local support staff fairly strong. SVP needs improvement and staff focus.
Business Banker
Vice President, Business Banker (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 23, 2016
Company pays above market average compensation; however, underwriters and credit target are still based on recent recession. Lack of vision or understanding of industries outside medical and dental. Narrow scope of target prospects makes it virtually impossible to hit production goals.
Pros
Great pay, flexible schedule, work from home
Cons
Underwriting, small minded customer/prospect focus, unachievable production goals
Great entergetic and overall productive work place
Sales and Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Brevard, NCAugust 9, 2016
I tend to stay busy through out the day whether its on the service line or platform. I love to help the customers and they are a joy to talk with.
Typical banking job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 9, 2016
Typical work day involved making commercial deposits and processing customer transactions. I was only part-time and don't feel comfortable reviewing this company any further
Pros
part time
Cons
short breaks
N/a
Operation Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisburg, NCJune 24, 2016
N/A don't really know what to say here.......I would mention that some locations are better than others. I have worked in 4 to 5 different locations for the same company and no one follows the same rules, which can definitely be a con....or a little confusing.
Pros
nothing free
Cons
Company has excellent potential... But terrible management.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 13, 2016
I was an employee at First Citizens for a little over a year, when hired at the Porters Neck branch in Wilmington North Carolina, I was informed & warned of the bullying that went on at that branch with their management. I ignored this information and decided to make my own opinion. It didn't take a month before the manager showed me all of the negative comments that were said before starting there were true. I loved working at the bank, it had not been my first bank job, I loved the customers and the responsibilities and even more so loved the co-workers that I met that were in the same position as I was. After I had been singled out for months, left working crying, treated unfairly, and constantly felt as though my girl manager was trying to always fight with me instead of be a team, I had no choice but to seek other job opportunities. Which I hated because First Citizens has a lot to offer as a company. After all of that, that isn't what turned me off to the company all together, I am understanding that some managers have pride and ego issues. What turned me off to the company as a whole is when I left, I wrote a respectful, knowledgeable letter to the President of First Citizens, along with HR letting them know that kind of treatment that I and other employees received. I gave them specific times, dates and information asking for a call to help better understand and let them know that every one that I was working with was also looking for other job opportunities. Not a single person reached out to me, 2 out of 3 of the other girls I worked along side with at that bank left  more... a couple months after. You would think before losing all your great employees you would investigate the real problem. What a shame. I do not recommend working with this region in Wilmington North Carolina. Seems as though the company has good intentions, however the management here does not care about you as a person or an employee and have no problem with bullying, or holding their staff accountable for this behavior.  less
Pros
Great paid time off
Cons
Management that bullies, judges, and disrespects you.
worst place to work
Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 7, 2016
Management changes their minds every day, if they don't like you they find their ways to fire you or for you to go on your own.
fine place to work.
Teller/ Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Polson, MTJune 7, 2016
I have enjoyed working at First Citizens Bank. The people have been delightful to work with, and I enjoy the customer relations. However I have also been sorely disappointed in the lack of appreciation from the employers. We do not have benefits for part time workers and minimal benefits for full time workers. There are also no raises given to loyal employees.
Pros
Holidays off, and 8-5 work day
Cons
No payraises, no overtime, no benefits
ok place to work
Loan Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 22, 2016
There were not a lot of opportunities for advancement in this company. The benefits were good and working with the coworkers was great.
One of the Best Banks to work for!
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 19, 2016
First Citizens Bank is a wonderful business to work for! They are a family owned company and have been extremely profitable over the years. They are a company with a focus on innovation, one that has always focused on meeting and keeping up with their customer's ever changing needs. I thoroughly enjoyed working for First Citizens and if it were on the west coast (east coast operation only at the moment), would readily apply to my area's local branch. A wonderful place to work!
Pros
401k plan, health benefits (to include family members), professional atmosphere, innovative, quality products, genuine concern for clientele, vacation time, opportunities to relocate/advance
Cons
Each branch will be different depending on the surrounding area/market (not exactly a con though)
Professional and secure work environment
Float Sales and Services Repersinitive (Former Employee) –  Buncombe County, NCMay 12, 2016
Very scheduled work day which I like - however I was a float teller which meant I had to travel to work and it was hard doing so with a new baby.

I learned everything about banking and all is listed on resume.

Very professional and understanding management.

Easy to get along with coworkers .

Travling to a different branch everyday.

Pay, benefits, security, and professionalism.
Pros
Steady hours, hour lunch break, pay, benefits
Cons
being a float teller and no openings for a stationary position
Productive team oriented environment
Adjustments Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 22, 2016
I learned the back end of correcting the banks policy's and procedures. I learned all the bank operations system database and the management as well as the co-workers were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. First Citizens by far was the best job and opportunity I was given the pleasure to work for. The bank managers at the various branches made my job a pleasure. Unfortunately this was a contract job and the company moved to North Carolina. This was a one year temporary position. All my communication was done through outlook throughout the different branches with the tellers and the leaders. I would say the hardest part at times was having the tellers/leaders understand why we had to debit or credit the customers accounts and fix or undo what the tellers did which was done in error. I worked both as a teller and now as the bank operation division so I could relate how different the two can be.
Pros
rewarded with free lunches for hard work done. Treated their employees extremely well.
Cons
no healthcare/ contract job
First Citizens was an excellent place to work with outstanding management.
Commercial Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 18, 2016
First Citizens acquired a failed bank from the FDIC. This was just a difficult environment to work under. However, First Citizens made the transition as smooth as possible. It was once again enjoyable coming to work.
Pros
Management was excellent and they would listen and consider your opinions.
Cons
IT software was not windows based. Computers were downgraded to match home office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens. Our community is ready to answer.