First Citizens Employee Reviews

I can't say enough about this job!
Commercial Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 27, 2014
Wow! This was my first real grownup job after graduating college. I learned a lot about professionalism working here. I basically grew up here. I worked here for over 10 years. I left a family when I left this job to start my nursing career. I learned how to work with and deal with all types of personalities, and people from all walks of life. By far, the most enjoyable part of this job was how they showed their appreciation to me as an employee. I was allowed to finish nursing school while working here, which showed how supportive they were, and that I wasn't too easy to replace.
Good Start
Various Departments (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 8, 2012
FCB was my first "real job". I have been provided with lots of training and skills, I may not have otherwise gotten. I have been lucky enough to have opportunities to move forward with my career. However, in many cases managment does not seem in touch with employees and what they really need. Concerns fall on deaf ears. Pay leaves a lot to be desired - even if you get the best possible scores on your annual reviews, they are stingy with $$$.
Pros
great benefits package, education opportunities, safety/security
Very busy Workplace , friendly co-workers
Customer Service Rep/Teller (Former Employee) –  Trinidad & TobagoApril 20, 2014
Work Day started at 8am to 6pm.
I learned to interact with both customers and staff. It was my first full-time job where multi-tasking was mandatory.
My co-workers were very supportive in teaching me everything since I had no experience in the field.
The hardest part of the job was being able to satisfy customers needs in a timely fashion within the rules and regulations of the financial institution.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being motivated by fellow co-workers.
Pros
when the work day was finished, my job was finished
Cons
abiding by rules and regulations in satisfying customers needs.
Hard Work, Fast Paced, Enjoyable
Senior Float Teller (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCDecember 10, 2012
Very busy every day. Learned to value customers as well as co-workers and their families. Co-workers made the days pleasurable to be there. Hardest part of the job was trying to meet the sales goals. The most enjoyable part was helping the customers and making sure they left happy or at least satisfied with the results. Absolutely enjoyed being a Senior Bank Teller. However, management was changing constantly.
Pros
an hour for lunch and no weekends
Cons
most of the time understaffed and customers suffered for it.
Good bank to work. I learned a lot in diffrent loan servicing.
Vice President, Credit Resolution Department (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2014
Overall I learned a lot in finace/asset management/Credit Resolution / SBA servicing and FDIC loss share program.

Due to FDIC loss share program, Management was tough and expected to complete the assigned work on a daily basis. However, overall management was excellent and I accomplished my goals.

Co-workers are very helpful, we worked as a team and produced compnay goals.

When you work under pressure to please borrowers/Attorneys and vendors.

When you satisfy borrower's with their tough questions and resolve their issues.
Professional environment with a high volume of customer interaction
Teller (Current Employee) –  Dillon, SCDecember 18, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with a variety of people on a daily basis, and catering to their financial needs accordingly. A typical day included processing large business deposits, cashing checks, handling personal transactions for customers, and referring products to them as well. The hardest part of the job was the overwhelming amount of customers during the first of the month. I have learned so much about the banking industry, how to assess customers' financial needs, and how to manage my time effectively.
Growing company with many new opportunities.
Loan Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 17, 2015
Due to mergers and acquisitions, the company has grown tremendously over the past five years. There are frequent opportunities to learn new skills and systems which can be both stressful and rewarding depending on your outlook. Management and coworkers are generally very supportive. The company tends to promote from within.
Pros
Opportunities to move around internally, positive corporate culture, onsite cafeteria
Cons
Lack of schedule flexibility, low pay when moving up internally
Great job where my talent was utilized and gave me a sense of accomplishment
Area/Branch Operations Manager/VP (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 21, 2013
A typical day at work would be me visiting a branch in my territory to assess risk and review internal control processes, answer complex questions on policy and procedure and coach staff as issues arise.The position was challenging at first and I was able to use my creativity to develop the staff to success,
Pros
freedom to set my own pace
Cons
no job security at this company
Great place to work!
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yelm, WAApril 18, 2013
FCB was a great place to work. I learned a great deal there from a couple of my co-workers and my manager. We always got our jobs done but were allowed to have fun too! The hardest part for me was finding new customers. I worked in a very small town with not a lot of room for growth, so finding those new sales opportunities were sometimes difficult.
Cons
the first year i was there, i was the saturday worker and didn't have a weekend.
Customer Service Oriented
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 16, 2013
Reports
Calling Clients - various items through out the day.
Sending Wires
Handling Accounts receivable
Open New Accounts- Business & Personal

Learned a few different sales styles. From those different approaches I have learned which are useful in getting new business.
I added in my style and sales approach and I am successful in
meeting my goals.

The most enjoyable part of everyday are the clients. I am a people person and always enjoy the conversations I have on a day to day basis with the clients.
The workplace was very productive and relaxing.
Teller 1& Assistant to Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 23, 2012
A typical day at work would involve helping the customes with Checking, Savings, and IRA Accounts. I would also assist the Loan Officer. The management staff was excellent, as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being sent home on slow days. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the Loan Officer and learning Mortgage procedures.
Pros
working with a great group of people.
Cons
the salary increases were insufficient.
Everyone worked together , Team spirit
Document Preparation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2014
A typical day consisted of receiving various runns of work from all the bank branches. The work would be doc preped, then passed on to EPU to be sorted, then would go into an Image key system and we used 10 key data entry to input information until all phases of the days work were finished.
Pros
some early nights
Cons
some late nights on mondays, fridays and after holidays
Productive and fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saluda, SCSeptember 10, 2015
On a typical work day, I would make sure customers were taken care of, order checks, and do paperwork for businesses. I worked very well with my co-workers and managers. First Citizens is a great company to work for. The hardest part of my job was making sure that there wasn't any bad checks coming in. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the customers and building relationships with them.
Great work place to work with even better leadership
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 12, 2014
Working for First Citizen Bank was a learning experience everyday. I learned many different leadership skills as well as great team work. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the customers needs and wants and how they like to be treated on a day to day bases. The most enjoyable part of the job was how much you leaned everyday and the responsibility that I had to keep.
Pros
great training
Enjoyed the job, didn't like the politics
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed my job, providing HR direction and assistance to other associates of the bank. Changes in the overall management of the HR area allowed for too much office/management politics, which in turn made it difficult to stay positive within my job. Changes of job responsibilities to more of a call center atmosphere was a factor in my decision to leave employment.
Pros
Coworkers, other associates within organization
Cons
Office politics, no advancement opportunity within my position
working with the public
Float SSR II (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 3, 2015
you have to learn to be patient with people and try to explain how depoits post and debit cards ...all of my co workers were always very helpful whenever needed for questions and help with a tast or a not so understanding client ....i enjoy working at the bank and with the customer and getting to know new peopje
Pros
and hour and 15 min lunch
Productive Sales Position
Sales And Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 10, 2015
Perform Teller Transactions while finding targeted businesses for deposit goals and credit goals. Sent out marketing material every week. Every week is a learning experience with training to be done and activities/contests to keep sales from dwindling. The hardest part of the job would be always keeping up with sales skills and calls. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people and experiencing business people.
A great "clients first" company.
Teller Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 29, 2014
The ability to assist clients professionally using common sense practices as well as standard policy was the most enjoyable part of the job. The most difficult part was knowing there wasn't any room for advancement or placement in more fit-able positions. There were entirely too many associates in positions due to who they know or seniority rather than whether they were qualified.
First Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2015
I enjoyed gaining banking experience here, but the bank was in the midst of changing management and many employees were laid off during that time.

I spent my days balancing my cash box, interacting with customers, and upgrading/selling accounts for checking and savings.

The hardest part of the job was staying upbeat in a very slow, somewhat cold environment.
Pros
experience
Cons
not very personable
This is a great place to work
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2014
This is a great place to work. I am learning something new everyday. The management here is cool and laied back. My coworkers are the best I have ever worked with. The hardest part of the job is trying to get indepth information about a project I might be working on. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the best people in the world.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
parking