First Citizens Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 27, 2016
Ok job. Part time worker. People very friendly. Constantly stayed busy so work day went by fairly quickly. A friendly demeanor and patience is required for this job.
Did not like the atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCDecember 9, 2015
Perform daily tasks of the company. Did not have a clear understanding of the policy and procedures when it comes to products and services. Did not have time to actually learn the information provided with the company
Productive and fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saluda, SCSeptember 10, 2015
On a typical work day, I would make sure customers were taken care of, order checks, and do paperwork for businesses. I worked very well with my co-workers and managers. First Citizens is a great company to work for. The hardest part of my job was making sure that there wasn't any bad checks coming in. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the customers and building relationships with them.
Temp Position
Image Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2016
I worked in the position over 13 years ago and do not quite remember much about the work environment. This was a temporary position until full time employment came up.
2 branches in Middle TN RUN FROM THIS BANK UNTIL MGMT CHANGES
business (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 19, 2015
POORLY MANAGED

Offices in chaos, low morale office culture, operations ans systems outdated and not current.

1990's servicing systems, credit and underwriting
good thing is work/life balance
FSR (Current Employee) –  Your Town, YSSeptember 1, 2015
This company's slogan should be "Nepotism is alive and well here!" Let's say you are meeting and in some cases exceeding company's standards. Well, it really doesn't matter because if your Regional Executive President has a friend that needs a job you are gone. Also, the REP has to like you so you move up in the company. So if you are liked and you just show up to work you will be promoted even if you have no experience in banking. It really sucks to work with this company, plus there is no acknowledgement when a client praises you or you get a perfect customer service score.

Their benefits are horrible. But unfortunately, we need to be grateful that they offer something coverage is just bad and they don't believe in covering LGBT partners.
Pros
Out by 5:15
Cons
Nepotism
Great company
Financial Sales Manager II (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 23, 2016
This is a great company to be apart of. Great people, great product, great brand. This is by far the best bank I have worked for.
Very successful bank.
Commercial Credit Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2015
I worked there before the two First Citizens merged. The South Carolina bank came to Atlanta as a result of the Loss-Share acquisition of failed bank, Georgian Bank. Their culture, sense of proportion, and consumer-oriented focus was that of a small-town bank, which made it difficult to do business in a city the size of Atlanta. Particularly since the bank they had acquired was a commercial-focused bank. Extremely conservative credit-wise which explains why they were profitable even during the recent recession. But things are probably different now after the merger.
Pros
Profitable bank
Cons
Overly-rigid credit policies, not prepared to do business in large city.
Good Place to work!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GaOctober 14, 2015
Overall satisfied with the bank job I had. Sad to say I was told due to the bank merger we were having that my part time position at the time was going to be cut. Forced me to find something else quickly before I was let go from here.
Sales and Service Rep
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAOctober 21, 2015
No room for growth, Great customers and training tools. Beautiful location, small staff. obtainable sales goals. Great working environment.
Busy but productive fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NCAugust 25, 2015
answer phones, cash checks, make deposits, empty night drop box, explain products and services to customers, open accounts and safe deposit boxes, balance teller drawer daily, managed multiple tellers at once
Pros
customer service
Customer Service
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  York, SCOctober 8, 2015
Lots of interaction with many customers on a daily basis. Great workplace environment in a nice atmosphere. Ability to work as a team, and work together to get the job done.
Undergoing positive changes
Senior Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 22, 2015
Undergoing lots of positive changes so takes a lot of hard work from employees to implement them. Great work life balance. Good training benefits for employees. Good salary.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
lots of organizational and process changes ongoing
ever changing sales focused banking world
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 4, 2015
I worked with an amazing team with in my branch, but with a recent merger saw many positions change or completely "go away". Complete support for upper management seemed to change and many long term employees left, some willingly and some not! I think this was an overall good company for the many years that I was there, but things are definitely changing and I can't say for the best.
Pros
free accounts and checks, 1hr lunches, weekends and holidays off
Cons
health care cost for family, no overtime allowed, high sales goals, with merger the rules are ever changing and no clear communication of them
Discribable in one word: Family
Teller (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 11, 2015
I am a part time floating teller. Which means that I move from branch to branch where ever I am needed to fill in for people who are off or sick. I like my job It is fun and changes daily. The people are what makes it special to work for First Citizens. There is truly a family feeling there. Every one makes an effort to make you feel welcome and takes an interest in you and how you are doing. The employees and management are great to work with. I would have to say the best part of my job is switching between banks and the hardest part of my job is switching between banks. On the one hand, I really like it because it brings you something different everyday and you meet and work with different people every day. The hard part about it is that you might not know the customers that frequent that branch as often because you aren't there all the time and that is hard for them to understand when they are used to coming in and being recognized. All in all First Citizens is an excellent place to work.
Stable Job
SALES AND SERVICE REP III (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 6, 2015
I think it all depends who is your direct manager. The customers and co-workers are generally great. But there is a chance for improvement in management.
Great
Fanatical services Rep (Current Employee) –  Aurora CoSeptember 14, 2015
Have been here for 5+ years and my Boss has treated me well just wish I made more and could move up in the company. Micromanaging isn't super bad here and the benefits are really great.
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 2, 2015
None , no review at this time typical work day very active and lot off work very enjoyable .All reviews for work requirement were met.
It's an ok work place
Research and Adjustments Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 30, 2015
It's a nice work place with a family vibe. I've been working here for 7yrs and I haven't had any problem. Decent amount of red tape but what bank don't.
Good Company
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 13, 2015
Beneifts are good. Management is good. They give a lot of vacation time to their associates. They are constantly upgrading their technology.