FIRST COAST SERVICE OPTIONS

FIRST COAST SERVICE OPTIONS Employer Reviews

productive
Medicare Provider Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2014
CMS is ever changing and FCSO does not ensures that we are aware of each change in a timely manor. FCSO's vision statement does not applies to our main focus on a daily basis, "The right things, the right way". This does not drives employees to do their best at all times and in all situations. The flexibility in our schedules help us to balance our work and home life easier.
Good hours but below average pay
In-Charge Auditor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2014
Learned about GAAP and GAGAS
Auditing and work paper techniques
Medicare reimbursement
Terrible
Supervisor Operations (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 31, 2014
Cons: the worse company overall.
The worse company I have ever worked for. Management does not have any education and they treat employees really bad. Benefits are horrible and very expensive to get.
Very Productive and areas to grow in the company
Medical Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: they would celebrate holidays and birthdays you were never left out.
Cons: when there would be no work at alll for us to do.
Each day we would have a goal to meet in production, I learned to maneuver through the system in order to reach my goal on a daily basis, Management was good,someone was always there to answer a question. The hardest part of this job was to not miss any Misdirects, the most enjoyable part of my job was when we would run out of work and we would have to assist in other parts of the Medicare company, so therefore I had the oppurtunity to learn new things.
Ever changing work environment, busy work load
Medicare Provider Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: very good health insurance
Cons: parking isn't good (jacksonville, fl)
Work is always changing, the supervisor's are cool and laid back(at least my supervisor was). Learned many things about Medicare and the process of how Provider's apply and get accepted into Medicare.
Great company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2014
Management was great, understanding, personable, job security was good.
Helped initiate a pilot program to validate Medicare provider offices in S Florida.
Medicare Site Visit Contractor (Current Employee), Site visits are done in Miami-Dade County, FLJune 7, 2014
Pros: variety of work, no two offices are the same, knowing that my reports helped make provider enrollment decisions.
Cons: work is routine and lack of upward movement potential.
I receive a weekly listing of Medicare provider offices to be visited; conduct site visits using a template and prepare detailed reports as to findings and other relevant information/observations noted.
Nice place to work
Part A Appeals Analyst (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: n/a
Healthy environment, plenty oppurtunities, Learning the Medicare system and their proccess
positive team to work around
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaApril 28, 2014
I've learn so much working in the work place, it has taught me a lot about how to be team oriented.
very busy workplace where you keep to yourself, do your work and get home!
Provider Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2014
Pros: hours, pay, vacation
Cons: stress, ever changing rules..guideliens
flexible hours, can be stressful work at times due to Medicare guidelines always changing. Once you get used to what your job is, after the extensive training, it becomes very easy but getting to that point can get to some people.
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 18, 2014
Great benefits and excellent training. Did not like dealing with medicare and/or the management.
Not a good place to work
Senior Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2014
This company is not ran well at all. It is weird because it is a subsidiary of Florida Blue. Benefits are OK, compensation is below market standards and the goals for this company are not very reassuring.

There is no culture, it's a company where you come to work and go home, no incentives to stay, no work from home options really and the parking is terrible.

This is not a company you would want to stay long term.
high productive job meet all goals monthly
Medical Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2013
Pros: flexible with schedule
staying focus and meeting goals, how to process medical claim,(medicare) CMS rules and regulations. sort mail, scanning claim and data entry with no error rate. Management is very easy to work with my co-workers are all team players assisting were needed there isn't a hard part of my job, it is very relaxing everyone work well together, we have a great benefit package paid holiday off flexible with scheduling time off.
Operations Manager, Appeals (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 4, 2013
Challenging, but provide an opportunity to become a deverse employee
fraud investigstionand auditor
RN for Medical Review and Education (Former Employee), meridan, CTOctober 27, 2013
Pros: indepent management
Cons: poor systems, inconsistant policy
it was interesting and always learning. I had manay wonderful memories. My job was sent to Maryland
Feels like a relief!!!
Provider Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville,flOctober 20, 2013
Pros: flexible hrs
Cons: benefits, management, pay
There are so many things to say about Fcso! The best I can say is I'm happy to be gone. I worked as a provider enrollment analyst with a bunch of nasty, unhappy, bitter management and peers. People in provider enrollment look so unhappy and un kept. Fcso doesn't pay enough for this position with all that is required. The once a year raises are pennies! Like .25 to .35, I mean come on that's bs. They can prevent you from applying for a better job if management doesn't like you. You don't get a spot in the garage until maybe a year or 2 after starting, u park 4 blocks away and there is no shuttle during rain! Bottom line... Good luck with this company"
Productive work place
Scanner/ Operator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: i'm getting to learn more
Cons: i had to switch to nights
Scanning medical records, I've learned a lot. The management is ok. My co-workers are okay. My job is not hard. And I love my job. Just wish it wasn't ending.
Good learning experience.
Project Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2013
First Coast Service Options was a valuable experience for me. I was able to learn to work well with others, including management. There were times when too many meetings were scheduled but everyone worked together to provide all needed information.
Flexiblility, Great hours, Organization
Provider Enrollment Analyst/Medicare Part B (Former Employee), Jacksonivlle, FLSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: flexibile work schedule
Cons: not being able to take vacation time when you want to.
A typical day at work is knowing what your task are for the day and completing those task. I learned that change is sometimes a great thing, The management was well organized, and managed team well. Made the job interesting. My co-workers where great. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the outlined goals, and trying to reach the next set of goals.
Productive, diverse, enjoyable workplace
Operations Auditor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlAugust 30, 2013
Pros: travel and benefits
Cons: work is evaluated by multiple individuals
A typical day included servicing and auditing 15-17 call centers all over the United States. In addition quarterly travel to train and audit call center was mandatory. My co workers were great people who all got a long and continues to communicate outside of work. The hardest part of the job for some was meeting monthly goals. For myself I exceeded goals each month so I often assisted others with meeting their goals so the hardest part for myself was interpreting the handwriting of others in order to assist with their goals. The best part was management and travel. My leaders from the Director to the Supervisor were a group of skilled, intelligent and nice individuals. Management was strict on goals but welcomed diversity and advancement.