FIRST COAST SERVICE OPTIONS Employee Reviews

Friendly place to work
Requirements Analyst/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Reviewed mandates from the Government Health Care Agency (CMS), defined the requirements, wrote system specifications and created the designs to implement the new requirements

Reviewed project specifications and requirements, created project internal designs, coded and/or modified modules defined in the designs, create test scripts, test and debug code, perform regression testing and implement finish product

Coded, directed code inspections, tested and debugged new requirements after they were approved by the reviewing team
Pros
Most of the people there I had worked with before
Cons
Had to bid the contract every year
depends on your department and manager
Medical Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2016
some area's are great while others are very stressful. want you to work extra frequently with no compensation. they are big on having you work from home.
Cons
poor training
Life as a senior advisor
Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2016
I am a senior advisor who assist my coworkers with their calls on Medicare from the provider community. I work aged suspense and perform adjustments on claims.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
no advancement
Very Unorganized
Medicare Provider Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2016
This company does not honor their mission statement and will fire you without explanation. And they don't believe in giving good raises for all the work they require. I worked for this company for 2 years and they fired me by calling me on the phone and never called me in to go over anything. I was never written up while there.
Productive and great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2016
Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
Enrolling new providers into the Medicare program
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2016
On a daily basis I was enrolling new providers into the Medicare program. Making sure I had all the correct information. Also responsible for Office of Inspector General monthly reporting.
A great company to work for
PROVIDER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2016
A typical day consists of talking to anywhere between 60 -80 providers per day. This job requires you have excellent listening skills as well a patience. One of the many things that I like about FCSO is that the company matches the employees up to 5% on their 401K.
Pros
Friendly environment, pay raises every year
Cons
Very few days off, Short breaks
Solid company
Project Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2016
I have been able to participate in a number of different positions during my tenure at First Coast Service Options. First Coast Service Options handles the Medicare contact for the state of Florida.
Pros
Job oppotunities
Benefits
Productive work environment
Medical Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work is 9-10 hours.
You do alot of research and data entry.
The production is very high and stressful.
The enviroment is very quiet.
The coworkers are great.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime with salaried employees
The 3rd Job of my Life
Provider Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 26, 2016
This job was a big part of my life. I dedicated almost 8 years to this company and during that term I was able to grow as a person with this significant position.
nice place to work
Service Associate/Medicare Secondary Payer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2015
I don't know what it's like now, but it wasn't a bad place to work. Management was nice. Close to downtown and shopping most people look for that
Pros
great benefits
Cons
should offer more training classes
Productive environment
Provider Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at First Coast Service Options. The job gave chances for advancement and i really felt upper management took care of their employees.
Pros
Early Schedules
I like my job at First Coast, but not pleased with the recent 45 hour work week mandated for all exempt employees.
Quality Audit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2015
I worked primarily as an agency nurse (critical care) prior to coming to First Coast and had an excellent salary ($30-33/hr), but of course I had to deal with "swing shifts" and heavy patient loads. The agency informed me one day that they had an insurance company looking for a temporary medical review nurse to work Mon. thru Fri. with weekends off and inquired if I were interested. Although the salary offered by First Coast was not competitive to what I made as an agency nurse, I accepted the offer because I was desiring to do something different; my husband made a good enough salary as a Manager that allowed me to take a drop in salary. I worked as an agency nurse for a few months at First Coast and then accepted a permanent position. I accepted the position not because of salary, but because of the benefits the job offered; a 40 hour work week, PTO, as well as weekends and holidays off to spend with my family. I was hired as an exempt employee with the understanding that I would be required sometimes to work up to 45 hours in a week. Several years ago, the benefits began to diminish; first they froze everyone's pension, then our PTO accrual was frozen after reaching a certain point no matter how many years a person worked for the company. I like what I currently do and I have a great Manager, great Director, and work with a great team of folk. However, several weeks ago, the First Coast upper Management enforced a mandatory 45 hour work week for all exempt employees with no expectation of additional compensation/benefits. Although the First Coast upper Management  more... continually tell their people what an excellent job we do, their actions say otherwise. My current position usually requires that I work weekends/overtime to accomplish what I do; I have never worked a job as a nurse that didn't require overtime. As a First Coast exempt employee, I enjoy the privilege of managing my work hours and if I'm accomplish my job responsibilities in a 40 hour week then why do I need to work 45 hours? I have worked as much as 45 to 58 hours/week in order to accomplish my job responsibilities, but I understood that this is expected and was temporary. But now.....well, none of the medical review exempt employees at First Coast "company wide" are happy about the required 45 hour work week that has been forced upon us......with no additional compensation/benefits; it defeats the definition of an exempt employee.  less
Pros
Park in the garage, great Manager, great Director, great team, holidays off
Cons
Mandatory 45 hour work week, more responsibilities with diminishing benefits, newly hired employees getting higher pay than those who have been at company for years, my salary not competitive with the average salary offered for what I do
personal work space
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2015
Responded to thousands of patients concerning Medicare Part B claims. Researched claims using Medicare guidelines and medical coding such CPT, ICD-9 and DRG codes. Handled departmental records and information of a sensitive nature while maintaining HIPPA guidelines. Was difficult to keep up with the quarterly medicare updates. Helping Medicare beneficiaries understanding their claims when they were denied and resolving the problematic issue
Pros
Great party every year, Very nice atrium
Cons
Hard to advance to BCBSFL
Non Sufficent Training and Not staffed to fullfill positions
Provider Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2015
Started out in the FCSO area and was quickly moved to the Novatis side only week after being out of training and was not trained for the new company, Typical work day very unsure of this area and was still a new area when I started it, Management was also new to this transition and was as knowledgeable as we were but did their best to help with any problems or questions, Hardest part is learning the medicare codes were different from florida verses up north, The overall experience, and learning the different medicare codes.
Pros
Training Classes every friday
Cons
Not enough knowledge before being switched over
A great company overall.
Customer Service Rep & Provider Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2015
I gained a lot of experience and knownledge from this company. I have obtained skills that has enhanced my career. I feel as if I can go anywhere from here!
Pros
A great company to work for.
Cons
The advantages was limited.
Good workplace
Medicare Provider Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2015
I enjoyed my job, Managers were different, I loved my co-workers we were a team and we all helped each other when needed.It is a nice place to work.
Being a positive role model for the rest of my team
Senior Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2015
Monitoring calls received by the team members providing feedback, positive and negative about the quality of the calls that they are handling. Being in a situation where there has to be coaching to a difficult employee.
Good Place to work!
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Good place to work and develop understanding of insurance. Company very good in participating in community events. Excellent Benefit package.
productive
Medicare Provider Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2014
CMS is ever changing and FCSO does not ensures that we are aware of each change in a timely manor. FCSO's vision statement does not applies to our main focus on a daily basis, "The right things, the right way". This does not drives employees to do their best at all times and in all situations. The flexibility in our schedules help us to balance our work and home life easier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIRST COAST SERVICE OPTIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

FIRST COAST SERVICE OPTIONS Reviews by Location