FIRST COAST SERVICE OPTIONS Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Supervisor Operations II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 9, 2017
FCSO is a fast paced work environment. Focused on quality of work. Values are right things, the right way. Management is intent on helping people grow.
First Coast
Internal Audit Intern (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2017
It is not a bad place to be although the compensation is not as high as that in other industries. The only direction outside of this is through a consultant that works with hospital cost report preparation.
Enjoy the ability to work from home on occasion
GUIDE WELL SOURCE (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2017
Hardest part of the job is people aren't willing to share information. Management at all levels is highly ineffective. I have learned several new languages.
Pros
Work from home on occasion
Cons
Ineffective leadership
Wasted 6 years of my life
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 6, 2017
This job needs an entire sweep from top to bottom, mainly the top. Management has no clue as to what it takes to be successful. It was disheartening to have spent that much time with a company to be treated like trash.
Pros
Cons
Entire company
not that great
Medicare Provider Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Poor initial training. The group leader had no clue how to teach a class and said things that are not appropriate for a professional work environment. The job itself was fine, the management was not. This was in Jacksonville, Florida and I cannot speak to the company as a whole.
Okay Company / Bad Management
Medicare Provider Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2017
As a whole I cannot say anything about the entire company. However, in my department management tended to follow their own rules and not company policy or CMS guidelines. When such actions were reported; HR policies were misused as a form of retaliation, even though the company has a retaliation policy. If you like working 45% of your day and only being as productive as required then this is the place for you. If you respect your employers time and are a hard worker and go beyond production and quality standards; this is not the place for you.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poorly Run Enrollment Department
Opportunity to telework from home has been amazing.
Bilingual Provider Enrollment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2017
The only reason I am willing to leave my job is to relocate back home to Cleveland, Ohio. It has been a job that I have learned from and if I could take it with me I would.
Flexible work schedule
Medical Review Analyst Medicare Part A (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2017
Company offers flexible work schedules. I have learned valuable skills in regards to Medicare Guidelines. Company values doing the right things the right way.
Hard but rewarding
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 31, 2017
I am grateful for the opportunity to learn how to manage a staff. the work itself was very complex and there wasn't an ability to work with members directly.
Pros
Learning to manage a team
Cons
No member contact
Overall experience
Medical Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2017
The best this company has to offer is the flexability other than there is nothing else this company can offer.

No room for growth (depending on the department)
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Overall great place to work
Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 6, 2017
The management was at an all time high; meanwhile the environment was at an all time high and positive limelight. Persons will honestly enjoy this job to the fullest.
I love working for fcso
Provider Enrollment Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2017
Job is not stressful but the benefits are not good. Most of the work at FCSO is phone work. Not much room for promotion. Also the benefits are not too good..
Pros
Training on most Fridays
Cons
Insurance is expensive
Twc meetings
Appeals Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2017
Typical days at work includes prepping files, I have learned new systems that I've never experienced that were challenging but I progressed and achieved my goals in learning these systems, the hardest part of the job is working in these systems and they don't function correctly, the most enjoyable part is the friends Im aquainted with
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No open door policy
A solid company to work for
Medicare Provider Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 6, 2017
First Coast Service Options is a subsidiary of Blue Cross of Florida, so they're on solid footing. They offered all the benefits you could want in a job, and the hours were nice. As I was leaving the company, they even began offering a work from home option. My one critique of the department I was in was the lack of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Steady work with great benefits
Cons
The money and advancement could have been better
Enjoable part of job
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 5, 2017
I enjoyed the training at FCSO it taught me medical billing and coding, Medicare and Medicaid The job was moving a lot of people around and downsizing
Great learning enviroment
Provider Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2017
First Coast Service Options- Jacksonville Florida is a great place to work. Great benefits and flexible work schedule and great team of knowledge professionals. Excellent Value systems in place. Monthly training and great job opportunities.
Worse experience ever in life!
Medical Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2017
Production oriented, only, work environment! Quality is the last thing on managements mind. We were on mandatory overtime for 6 to 8 hours a week when management decided to increase production standards. If you do not meet that weeks minimum required hours, you will have to make them up the next week. If you have small children, you will not be given any recourse if a problem arises, not family friendly. There is no work life balance because you will always be at work. This department is best for single people who are only work focused. Do not work for this company. I've Never been treated the way I was here. Supervisors constantly harassing you over minor non important issues, while degrading you for asking simple questions. They never stand by company standards, and you will be fired for no reason when they want you gone. Only those who are friends with management will have an easy time or consideration for advancement, even if you are not qualified for the position! Incompetent management, poor departmental communication and very shady, deceptive work practices! Never again! HR will not help you if you have a problem with management, they will be on managements side. This company does not care about the employee at all. High turn over rate, many new employees don't make it past the 3 month probation period. This company has the worst work instructions. They are extremely confusing and difficult to interpret. Please save yourself the headache of working here. This company may have been great in the past but due to recent management changes, that's no longer the case.  more... I was told by someone before being hired that they like to fire people here. Wish I would have listened to the warning, consider yourself warned.  less
Pros
Ok compensation, flex schedule
Cons
Hostile work environment, clicks, not family oriented, poor raises, incompetent management, very little accrued time off, very stressful environment
Only advantage is working from home/management staff runs a tight ship which is headed down like the titanic
Provider Enrollment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 29, 2017
Provider Enrollment Unit has great staff of people who always try and work as a team but management staff often breaks the spirit of the employees. If management isn't 5 star then you cant expect a 5 star unit.
Pros
work ffrom home
Cons
benefits and management staff
The Senior Manager in the Websites and Self-Service Technology Division has a very aggressive behavior against employees
Provider Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2017
During the 6 months of work under the Senior Manager in the Websites and self-service technology Division, the employees were subject to a very aggressive and bullying behavior, causing emotional and mental stress. The Manger was disrespectful, screamed and shouted constantly when he pleases to give directions and rejects constantly PTO's without any apparent excuse.
The company has knowledge about this ongoing situation against employees and no action has been taking so far. This is the reason because employees under this manager's supervision are resigning constantly.
Pros
Good benefit package, Pto, health insurance
Cons
Aggressive company culture, no support for employees in the HR department
Terrible Company
Auditor/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2017
Complete disconnect with management and staff. Very good managers have figured out how to operate and work with very bad managers/directors to make things work.