First Command Financial Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good learning experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 6, 2017
The staff at the time was very supportive, yet cliquey.
I learned a lot about investments/insurance policies.
Management could be tough, due to military experience and inter-twined civilian life.
Hardest part of job: Time restraints, making quota for monthly/yr.
Pros
learning about life insurance
Cons
having to work long hours
Nice coworkers
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2017
It was a good experience for Data Entry work. I was a Temporary employee that was able to work a few different departments. Everyone was very nice and taught a lot of skills.
Pros
Kind people
Cons
Only a temp job
Excellent place to work
P&C Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2017
I liked the job with First Command. It is a great company that focuses on Financial Planning for the military. There were plenty of clients to work with and assist.
Commision
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 15, 2017
A very good job and company but I did not have the stomach for working off a commission. With the business expenses and living expenses it was a job that required lots of hours and being able to close a sale.
Pros
Your own boss
Cons
Commission work
Very professional
CCS Client Contact Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOApril 25, 2017
I really enjoyed working here with great people. Unfortunately I couldn't take the pressure but everybody was wonderful and very organized. The job was tough work and takes a lot of effort.
Good temporary job
Verifications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2017
Consistent flow of work. I learned how to use a binding machine. Management was fair and always willing to help. Professional appearance but relaxed. There really wasn't a hard part to the job.
Pros
Professional but relaxed atmosphere
Outstanding Culture and Mission
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Odenton, MDMarch 3, 2017
For the past 10 years I have had the privilege to work in an organization that genuinely cares about coaching those who serve to achieve financial freedom.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low Opportunity for advancement
Tax Preparer and Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2017
First Command Financial Services, Inc. is located in Fort Worth, Texas. First Command Financial Services, Inc.'s primary market was military and federal employees.
Pros
First Command Financial Services, Inc.
Cons
First Command Financial Services, Inc.
Such a fun place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Though I only worked at First Command for a short time, I left with a lot of experience and even more friends. Jason Surya, the District Advisor was a stickler for attention to detail, which is what I loved about working for him. The financial advisors never failed to show their appreciation to the administrative team. It was just a wonderful place. I never dreaded having to go work.

The hardest part of the job was learning all the rules for various insurance and investment companies. But our office manager held daily training so we were always on top of things.
Pros
Free lunches, free tickets to sports events, and gifts from the advisors to show their appreciation to the admin team.
Cons
I had to leave way too soon.
Good work life balance poor benefits and management
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2017
The company culture here is calm, with a good work life balance. The facilities are nice and there is s gym on site. While accountability is a common word here, people are not held accountable. Work quality is not required, causing others to carry the slack. Hard work is not recognized, culture is about who you know. Each manager has a favorite and only those will advance.
Pros
Gym, concierge on site for lunch
Cons
Healthcare, Pto, management
Work environment
Financial Advisor` (Former Employee) –  New Windsor NYJanuary 16, 2017
Was great for 10 years and then new leadership changed things. For several years I handled the eastern part of NY on my own with my wife as my only admin support. I enjoyed working with the other advisors and loved serving my clients.
Great learning experience
Administrative Assistant / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 17, 2016
A typical day involved the preparation, submission and follow up of paperwork for clients and agents, greeting clients, filing, maintaining agent calendar, scheduling appointments, coordinating seminars, and maintaining prospectus and insurance documents. I learned about financial planning and how to save for retirement and other short term financial goals. The best part about the job was taking care of clients needs.
Pros
Relaxed work schedule
Cons
Pay and benefits
Working with a purpose
Director of Strategic Marketing (Former Employee) –  VirtualOctober 18, 2016
Never the same day twice, Lots of travel but great fun working with advisors in building strategy and their business. Great team to lead as well. Relationship management, marketing, strategy, leadership, most difficult part was lack of growth and high travel
Pros
Mission of the company and rhe advisors
Cons
Current marketing department leader
Cares about your financial future
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 30, 2016
This company truly cares about the success of their clients. Financial plans are developed that are tailored to each family's needs. There are no cookie-cutter sales going on here. The work environment if friendly and very accommodating to varied schedules. I'd work for them again.
A Flexible and Challenging Place to Be
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 9, 2016
First Command allowed me to work underneath an umbrella of different companies, giving me the opportunity to learn to deal with a range of different policies and problems. The most enjoyable part was the customer service aspect. I love talking to people and handling their issues.
Great family business to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 30, 2016
I worked for Medical Air Services for 10 years. I enjoyed the work and they environment that I worked in.

Ultimately I left because of the pay and lack of advancement opportunities. It's a family owned business and while they have a global presence, their is little room for growth and I could secure a better salary in a larger corporation.
Pros
Good corporate culture
Great Company to work with
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2016
FC has a high performance organization culture where goals are set in advance to be accomplished every year. Great atmosphere and benefits.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, on site Gym, etc.
Lack of honor
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 29, 2016
Hiring was a lie, working daily with managers...another lie . Very high turn over , co. Lacking any values. Selfish, self centered egotistical managers.
I even felt that when I was interviewing!
Another rep wrote this paragraph earlier and I couldn't agree more!
And... What's with the smoke and mirrors on the pay scale, who in heck makes the commission structures so confusing that nobody can figure them out!
Obviously they are written for the co to take more of your hard earned $ .
Sales people are treated so badly everywhere and without is you wouldn't even have the sales !
Read this one again posted earlier.......
They lie to get you in and can kick you out anytime they want. Once you bring in business it's theirs and you have no control over keeping that client or not and once you leave you can not solicit business from any "First Command" clients that you brought on board. Do not even think of building a financial practice through them. Go through your contract and you will know what I mean. Once you sign the contract, they own you, even though they call you "independent". Very shady and dishonest operation starting from lower management all the way to the Top!
Pros
Liars, products aren't competitive
Cons
Trying to find a reason to show up everyday
Good place to work if you have another income and/or need flexibility in work hours
Office manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 16, 2016
Typical work day is administrative duties: compliance, prep & processing of client appointments, payroll, marketing reimbursement, reports, meetings, etc. Co-workers are mainly retired military and/or military spouses. Hardest part of the job is not having a set planned out day. You handle tasks as situations come up during the day. Most enjoyable part of the job is that you learn something new everyday
Pros
Work schedule flexibility
Cons
No benefits
Good
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 28, 2016
I worked at First Command Financial Services Inc in Killeen Tx. I think this was a good company to work for. I enjoyed working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Command Financial Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9