First Command Financial Services, Inc.

First Command Financial Services, Inc. Employer Reviews

First Professional job off-campus
Tax Intern (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free popcorn every wednesday
Cons: temporary
It was my first professional job. I was lucky that I got an opportunity to work as an intern before my graduation in a Financial firm. I learned several skill at First Command such as team building and meeting deadlines.
Productive, great people to work with.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 21, 2013
Pros: there was different catering services that came to our location, so we did not have to drive anywhere for lunch which was very convenient.
Cons: long hours, personally not an issue, i loved my job.
I met life long friends. I learned about complex tax returns. The hardest part of my job was the fact that it was a temporary position and I had to leave after a certain period of time. The most enjoyable part of my job aside from gaining new friendships, the feeling that I was able to help military families, active and retired around the world with – more... preparing their tax returns. It is the minimum I could do for their services of helping keep our country a free country. – less
Hard work but worth it
Financial Planner/Owner (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2013
This job required meeting with new clients and creating financial plans for their families. These plans included savings, life insurance, and mutual fund investments. I enjoy being a business owner.
Great company to work for. Manager was fantastic.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Torrance, CANovember 5, 2013
Prepared and completed Insurance/Investment paperwork; maintained office spending log.
Communicated with clients and investment companies via email, phone and letter.
Managed office without supervision; prepared and passed audit; assisted during seminars.
Great office in Colorado Springs, CO
Office Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: no benefits
management of several admin assistance in local office. Enjoyed the work envirnonment. There were not any benefits with position
Stay Away From This Company!!!
Client Service (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: free quarterly luncheon at nearby country club if your work load allows you to attend
Cons: incredibly corrupt ethics, incompetent persons in management positions, outdated systems
Beware the walls have eyes and ears!!!
A good majority of employees are related: mother-daughter, husband-wife, cousins, constant DRAMA! Lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits!! Currently pending from previous advisors, company lost a $1.8 million case also to include senior member sexual harassment case.
Talent Acquisiton Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2013
Pros: onsite gym
Cons: no career advancement
• Researches, sources and identifies top candidates for the Financial Advisor position. Providing a full-cycle recruiting for national, field based Financial Advisors. Responsibilities are direct sourcing through cold calling, internet data mining and search engines.
• Plans, executes, delivers and monitors effective targeted sourcing strategies. Cultivates – more... relationships with candidates and hiring Managers providing timely feedback to each throughout the recruitment process. Ensures job postings are accurate and reflective of the company brand and current recruitment requirements. – less
Hard place to start your financial planning career
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 15, 2013
Was a very hard firm and work environment for a recent college graduate to begin their financial planning practice
Great environment with a strong work ethic.
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 22, 2013
Overall experience with First Command was amazing. Had the opportunity to learn about the financial service industry as well as the products that we offered. Learned a lot from the current advisors on how to grow your client base.
Finance
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTJanuary 28, 2013
Good job if you enjoy getting out in the community and meeting new people. Hard part is getting those people to come in for appointments and relize we are here to help them.
Ok work environment but lacking in other areas
Tax Admin Associate II (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: free gym on campus
Cons: pay/benifits
The work environment at First Command is pretty good. I get along nicely with all my co-workers and my boss is pretty good at letting me take time off whenever I need it. However the pay and benefits are really bad. They like to justify their low pay by saying that they have looked at the market and seen how much these jobs are making at other companies. – more... Really if you are not in some management position you are underpaid. The company has a good old boy attitude toward their managers. – less
Organization strongly supports military families
Office Manager (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 27, 2012
Cons: no healthcare and low salary
This job was a disappointment in that I too quickly accomplished all that I could and found myself in a ho-hum job. Due to the compliance regulations surrounding the industry, there was little hope of advancement for me personally and while the company director had hopes of expanding the office, that goal was not realized during my brief time of employment.

This – more... job afforded me an opportunity to learn a little about financial planning, but I was disappointed when I asked my manager questions and was told that I didn't need to ask so many questions.

During my six-months of employment there was a complete turnover of staff which continued after I left.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to do more. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with the clients. – less
Great Financial Services branch of a nationwide company
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee), Stafford, VANovember 28, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere, care about every customer
Helped customers with any financial needs on a daily basis, always were ready to help in any way possible. They also worked to improve my networking and sales skills, something that I still appreciate now.
Once a good company is going down and truning into a scam!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), South CarolinaOctober 23, 2012
They lie to get you in and kick you out anytime they want. Once you bring in business it's theirs and you have no control over keeping that client or not and once you leave you can not solicit business from any "First Command" clients that you brought on board. Do not even think of building a financial practice through them. Go through your contract – more... and you will know what I mean. Once you sign the contract, they own you, even though they call you "independent". Very shady and dishonest operation starting from lower management all the way to the top. – less
Productive Financial Services company
Process Engineering and Improvement Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2012
Pros: wellness center, profitable
Cons: pen & ink company, health insurance
Productive Financial Services company with specific Military market
Avoid if Possible
Project Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 3, 2012
Pros: good pay, good facilities, good retirement plan (esop)
Cons: management
Most backstabbing and politics within a small company I've ever seen. Regardless of performance, regardless of what is said by the customers you serve, if your management doesn't like you or believes you challenge them too much, you're gone.

Management can't be trusted. They'll do anything to avoid accountability and blame others.
Honestly cares for clients and employees alike
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Robert, MOSeptember 26, 2012
A very family oriented company. I quickly came to feel a part of their family unit. I didn't feel as though I "had to go to work", I got to work with them.
Peacful and stable environment
Data Base & Advisor Services Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: awsome people to work with
Cons: not what i love to do
Great supervisor. High volum of work that keep me busy all day every day and I love that. Great people to work with. Peaceful, quiet workplace. Great Gym facility at work. Nice benefits.
Productive, people-oriented, culture-revolving
Tax Preparer/Consultant Intern (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2012
The company is based around the people who work for/with it. That culture dominates across departments and creates a good working place.
Run away
Banking (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: the free gym in the basement and parking garage.
Cons: the company is crumbling from the inside out, while trying to maintain the appearance of stability, they cut costs by removing light bulbs, taking away straws and flatware, while the executives still drive their company paid luxury cars, promotion is based on who you know or are related to and has nothing to do with competence or skill, there are no clear procedures for anything and there is chaos and disorganization throughout
Unfair, shady practices.Advice to Senior Management – Throwing money and a problem won't always fix it. Wake up and see what is really going on.

About First Command Financial Services, Inc.

First Command was founded in 1958 on a simple, yet fundamental principle: helping American families benefit from the potential – Read more

First Command Financial Services, Inc. Photos