First Communications

First Communications United States Employee Reviews

Relaxed Atmosphere
Marketing Assistant /Sales Support (Former Employee), Akron, OhioFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: laid back work atmosphere, great boss, good coworkers
Cons: low pay for amount of work, no advancement opportunities
The sales support position was a good learning experience to understand more about what happens "behind the scenes" of the sales team, but overall no growth or commission opportunities were available to help your career advance.
Great CEO
Vice President, Business Development (Former Employee), Akron, OHNovember 4, 2014
Pros: allowed to manage in my own style.
Cons: lack of job security.
First Communications provided good benefits and compensation. Their CEO was an excellent leader, with great interpersonal skills. The employees were eager to learn and tackle new challenges. Since I managed a subsidiary business unit (SBU) that was separate from the core company, my only corporate direction was P&L responsibility.
Management party
Director/General Manager, Convergent Technlgs Div. (Former Employee), Akron, OHAugust 4, 2014
Pros: pd the bills
Cons: loss of focus on customers and employees.
Started out as a great company, but then investor group got starz in their eyes about going public, then the train went off the rails Company lost focus on customers, just focused on the "next deal" to get money. Screwed the employees that built the company.
They need some work....
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHMay 12, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no advancement opportunities, raises are pretty much non existent
No little to no training provided, little supervisor agent interaction, no coaching and feedback. Pay increases are about $.25 per year. (yeah you read it correctly) and no room for advancement.
Great place to work!
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Akron, OHSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: good job to work for. great respect, good money, great atmosphere.
Cons: hitting a quota every month and starting at zero every month.
I iniated new business through teleprospecting, cold calling, networking, and referrals. I quailfied and sold the company on a better solution.
A great Stepping Stone for my Business Management Degree
Customer Service Team Lead/Acting Supervisor (Current Employee), Fairlawn, OhioJune 23, 2013
A good place to learn a lot of information, I believe it is a good stepping stone to grow your career. I am currently working on my business management degree and First Communications is a good place to start.
Long term Employee
Director, NOC and Customer Care Departments (Current Employee), Akron, OHJune 5, 2013
I have worked in management though multiple departments and gained lots of knowledge, I have been with the company for over 17 years and I believe it is the time to move on
Productive place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 10, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: no health care
I learned phone skills for the most part. I called major places such as Hospitals and fire stations to speak to their person in charge of purchasing and I sold two way radios for their security.
Overall good company to work for
Credit & Collections Manager (Former Employee), Akron, ohioJuly 22, 2012
Good company to work for with ever evolving product base that changes based on market needs.
Was a great place to learn the "ropes" of telecom.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Columbus, OhJuly 11, 2012
I had two different managers during my time there and both were outstanding teachers and mentors.
Great staff and friendly work environment
Voice Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 13, 2012
Pros: great work environment. great management that gave you tools to succeed.
Loved the work and the people. Worked in Network Operations working trouble tickets to fix voice and data problems for small to mid size companies in Illinois.

About First Communications

First Communications is a leading technology solutions provider offering data networking, voice, and managed services throughout – Read more