First Community Bank Employee Reviews

Lack of Ambition
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Ashland, MTNovember 14, 2017
Working as a teller in the bank industry is greatly undervalued and most of the time underpaid. I don't make enough working 40 hours a week to pay my bills and there are advancement opportunities with First Community Bank if you are willing to be here for 10+ years.
Would be a wonderful place to work if there was advancement and better wages
FINANCIAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  BuckhannonNovember 3, 2017
IAfter some long time management left the newly appointed were not efficient in giving timely evaluations or hiring of additional help. Just because a person has been there for 30 years doesn't mean they are management material.
Pros
Vacation and paid sick time
Cons
Wages were poor and some of the management weren't efficient .
It was an ok job.
Full Time Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Keokuk, IAOctober 21, 2017
It was an ok job. Some of the people there are difficult to deal with. Working for a bank is difficult with them giving you all this information which you have to sign off on as having read, understood, agree to, and are responsible for so it releases them of any liability should there be any problem. It also makes you question them as a company.
Pros
Ok hours.
Cons
Working Saturdays unequal to others.
First Community was recently purchased by an out of State bank
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 17, 2017
The culture changed the minute this bank purchased First Community. The new bank is a rural bank focusing on agricultural lending while First Community was more focused on real estate investor lending.
Pros
Client Relationships
Cons
Nepotism
High expectations with little or no assistance when needed
Deposit Review Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 8, 2017
This is a fast paced job that you do independently. There is little or no guidance with problems and issues on the job. Recognition is rarely seen. The benefits are expensive and don't cover as much as I would like. Pay is about average, but for my experience and to offset some of the cost of benefits, it would be nice for it was more.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
lack of training and advancement
good overall
Asst. Vice-President, Branch Manager-Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 26, 2017
good overall-quality people for the most part, reasonable expectations, and good corporate culture. Benefits package lacking, especially in the area of the cost of health insurance coverage.
Pros
good people
Great Company
Loan Assiatant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 23, 2017
The best place I have ever worked! Very family oriented, understanding and growing. The culture is simply unmatched, I only hope to find another employer like this in my current city.
Fun Workplace
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Daniels, WVAugust 14, 2017
FCB is a great place to work, with great employees. I would go in each day and have items that I did regularly to start the day. OD decisions, checking account goals.
Great place to work for.
Items Processor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 31, 2017
Typically worked 40 hours which consisted of lots of data entry. Able to enhance my communication skills by speaking to banking professionals on a daily basis. Management was always understanding and provided a very comfortable environment to work in. Open door policy was always in effect. I hated having to leave such a great company but due to my relocating to another state it was inevitable.
My job as a bank teller
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 26, 2017
- Uphold daily branch operations, proof teller work ,run reports and review security/fraud alerts
- Assistant to Vault teller, assist with shipment/receiving of cash and balancing vault
- Conduct audits of branch activities and tellers cash drawers
- Accurate Processing of transactions.
- Open and close branch following security procedures.
Pros
Close by
Cons
No advancements
A day at the bank
New Accounts Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TX/ Corpus Christi, TXJuly 10, 2017
Sometimes it's a slow day and sometimes it can be busy but I work at a smaller location so it can be difficult at times to keep busy. I have learned to better my communication skills and the ins and outs of the banking
Weak pay
Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, VAJuly 1, 2017
Good place to work and good environment but the pay scale is well below acceptable and market rates. Weak annual raises. Work environment rapidly changed multiple times with restructure of management and processes frequently.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJune 26, 2017
Wonderful benefits, great co-workers, great time off, great pay, overall great atmosphere.i would work here or for Synovus if there was a location near me.
the company was shut down by FDIC
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 25, 2017
It was a bigger company that bought a small company and they didn't know what they had gotten them selves into. Eventually the company was shut down/ bought by Great Western Bank.
Fast pace workplace and good co-workers
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TNMay 25, 2017
A good place to work and co-workers were nice and helpful. We had fun along with staying busy in fast pace position. I moved to this job from another area but was made welcome by everyone and treated fairly.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
The only con was my drive to work was close to an hour
wrting manuals, and preparing for upcoming training classes and traveling every month.
Senior Operations Trainer/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 19, 2017
A typical day at work was reviewing and updating manuals, preparing for upcoming training classes for incoming new employees and working closely with branch and back office personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job with being able to have some kind of influence and work relationship with every employee of the bank. Traveling was also a lot of fun
Pros
Meeting all new and existing employees
Horrible place to work.
Intern (Former Employee) –  VAMay 3, 2017
Your typical day starts at 8 15 and ends at 6 15. Long, boring days with a lack of business to keep you busy. Some of the employees in the branch are very temperamental which makes for a poor working environment. Bad culture. The training lacks substance and frequency. The most enjoyable part of the day is leaving at the end.
Cons
Boring, bad management
A pleasant workplace expierence
Teller (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLApril 18, 2017
The customers were fantastic and very pleasant. Never working in a bank, I learned a great deal about debit and credits. The hardest part of the job was learning the ins and outs of banking.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Difficult people
Good
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Marion, ARMarch 22, 2017
I manage the cleaning supplies and clean the bank making sure that it is always welcoming to daily customers as well as the employees. When there is a severe meeting or any kind of extra type of event being held there I make sure that it is presentable to the best of my ability
Pros
Makes a little money
Cons
No healthcare, not a lot of money, benefits
Counting money has always been a love of mine.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILMarch 11, 2017
This place was such a good experience for me. My days consisted of cashing checks, depositing cash and checks, fulfilling the drive-up windows' needs, greeting people, answering phone calls, and making sure they left satisfied. I wish I wouldn't have left as soon as I had, and if a full-time position would have been offered, I wouldn't have left. Banking will always be in my blood.
Pros
Everyday tasks were enjoyable.
Cons
I didn't feel I had enough training.