First Community Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Love the bank
Loan Processor/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Crockett, TXApril 14, 2016
I worked at the Crockett Texas branch, and loved the people that I worked for and with. Small town bank with a lot of life and personality.
Great working atmosphere
Senior Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daniels, WVFebruary 9, 2016
The customers were the best part of the job. Some of the co-workers were not to be trusted, but for the most part there were a lot of great people there.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Not good providing raises
Fast paced work environment with lots of customer service.
Payment Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 5, 2016
FCB is a great back to work for. It is a fast paced environment that requires high concentration and excellent communication skills. Department work great with one another and so do the employees and management. This was a great work experience for me.
Pros
Employee stock options
Cons
Employee job overload and high turn around.
Small growing company that cares about its customers.
BSA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 2, 2016
The management team is great and very supportive of its employees. Co-workers work in unity as team members. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Pros
Team work
Cons
NOne
lovely people, kind
Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 1, 2015
Great first job. Fun place to work, and great people. The other co-workers where more then welcoming and was opening to helping. I loved the idea of working with different people and growing together. The best part was learning something new that I can take with me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Very friendly and helpful coworkers
internship (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 29, 2015
A great place to work with great energetic people. Company show a lot interest in their employees. The great part of the job was how everyone work together. And were very nice to work with.
Pros
Lunch with new friends
Cons
It was a intership job.
Coworkers are friendly
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  VAOctober 20, 2015
It is a typical office setting. the people are friendly. They have a very nice break room and kitchen. Not a lot of room for advancement.
n/a
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXOctober 13, 2015
Great company to work for, they'er growing, therefore i was able to learn so much, for that i really appreciated the people i met and got to work with.
Great Place to work
POST-CLOSING AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 1, 2015
I have enjoyed working with First Community Bank. I would continue to work with them but they are closing my department. They have great benefits. I work with a great team of people throughout the company.
Bank teller
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, MTJuly 31, 2015
Typical work day was probably the same as most teller jobs. Customer service was a plus for clients as we went beyond and spoiled them because we had the time as it was a small community bank. Management was excellent.
Pros
PART TIME
Cons
ONLY 2 DAYS A WEEK
Enjoyed working for FCB
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Craigsville, WVJuly 27, 2015
Supervising the staff; enforcing company policies and ensuring the branch makes assigned sales goals and operates within budgetary restrictions.
Open new accounts-personal, business; investments-referencing IRAs, CDs, etc; initiation, processing and closing of consumer and real-estate loans.
Manage operations and total maintenance of the facility including but not limited to maintenance of the ATM machine and security systems.
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
short staffed
Great products and pay. Terrible Management.
Community Banker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 2, 2015
Small banking environment. You get lots of hands on experience with products you might not at other larger banks. Management is clueless and not oriented for the rapidly changing banking environment.
Very good learning experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Malden, MOJune 16, 2015
We worked together to help customers and get them in and out as fast as possible! We loved our everyday patients and helping them with new changes in our system or having account issues. Patient satisfaction was my number one goal each and everyday when they walked through the door!
Pros
Luncheons, Birthday Lunches, and Christmas Parties
Cons
Salaries
Banking Experience
Teller/CSR/Lending Experience (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 13, 2015
Started out as teller for a couple of years, moved onto opening accounts, small individual loans and moved into commercial lending with some SBA experience.
A typical day would always be professional, personable and making the most in a busy branch.
What I learned was following all compliance regulations with FDIC.
Management was always great!!! Our branch was known as the place all other employees wanted to be.
My co-workers are still some of my best friends even through all these years.
The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking 4 different positions at once. That is when you start knowing what is a priority and making sure each customer was happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the bank itself. The bank treated all employees with respect no matter what level of position you worked.
Pros
respect, professional, fun and had alot of opportunities to grow with the bank.
Cons
n/a
Great job horrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ALJanuary 27, 2015
Great place to earn experience but not the best place if your looking to advance your career. Most of the staff are local residents that are not looking to advance themselves. Promotions are given on personal preference not ability.
Pros
great customer base
Cons
poor management
Boring and unorganized
Branch Banker (Former Employee) –  texasDecember 16, 2014
Worked for this company for a short time and nothing was like what was stated in the interview. decent pay but not worth it
Good
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Princeton, WVNovember 20, 2014
Good place to work but no advancement opportunity and income is bad.
Enjoy
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Keokuk, IANovember 10, 2014
Enjoy my job no advancement opportunity. Would like to see more advancement and copmensation advancement.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Very relaxed and professional
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2014
My time at First Community Bank was pretty good. I liked the environment and the people that work here are very awesome and overcome any obstacle that are presented to them. However, job security isn't so good here. I'm currently being laid off in a massive layoff by the company after surviving the massive cut last year.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
job security
Based on Community
Vice President, Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 15, 2014
First Community Bank is centered around the community-banking model and is dedicated to the communities where employees live and work.