First Community Bank Employee Reviews

Everyone always worked as a team
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, VAApril 16, 2016
My time at First Community Bank was amazing. I worked in two different departments each department had great teams that worked together.

I've had the pleasure to travel to other locations for the bank and meet other employees. I was on a team that in SC we bought out several banks and was able to help convert them over to the First Community Bank System.

When I gave my notice due to moving I did face to face with the CEO and CFO of the bank because of the respect I had for them an the respect I was given from each person. I was told if I ever come back to the area I had a job.

I'm looking for another great environment to work in but also to show what I have to offer and be a great team person and or leader.
Pros
Great vacation, health benefits, 401k, overtime if needed. Flexiable with parents who have kids.
Cons
Not really any cons in my book
I absolutely loved my job at Fcb, it is a good place to work.
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  S. 77 Sunshine StripMarch 9, 2017
The executives and officers are very good people, very close knit company that is always there to guide and advise. It was my pleasure to work with customers in many areas , whether it be with their accounts or lending needs. I also worked with Directors of the bank and shareholders. I interviewed customers for their loan needs whether consumer or commercial loans. I worked with title companies, and real estate attorneys in order to perfect loan requests and efficient loan closings.
Pros
Good environment
Loved the people i worked with
Teller/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Crockett, TXJuly 10, 2016
I worked with a great group of people. The pay was manageable. The benefits could have been a little better. I learned a lot about money and scams.
Great Work Family
Loan Documentations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNMay 9, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits, and excellent co-workers. Great work environment with a great work family. I enjoy the customers and helping people. There are limited ability to grow due to employees staying within the company for employment. I have learned a tremendous amount from this experience with the company.
Counting money has always been a love of mine.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILMarch 11, 2017
This place was such a good experience for me. My days consisted of cashing checks, depositing cash and checks, fulfilling the drive-up windows' needs, greeting people, answering phone calls, and making sure they left satisfied. I wish I wouldn't have left as soon as I had, and if a full-time position would have been offered, I wouldn't have left. Banking will always be in my blood.
Pros
Everyday tasks were enjoyable.
Cons
I didn't feel I had enough training.
Customer Service
Head Teller / New Accounts (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 15, 2017
Typical day here was to help customer with there transaction like deposit loan payments etc. Management was awesome really enjoyed my co workers the hardest thing was know the bank was failing and we are all going to lose our jobs.
Pros
All my co workers
Cons
not really any cons
Great working atmosphere
Senior Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daniels, WVFebruary 9, 2016
The customers were the best part of the job. Some of the co-workers were not to be trusted, but for the most part there were a lot of great people there.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Not good providing raises
Finance Internship (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, VAJuly 21, 2016
Great place to work. The people there are excellent. This bank is a staple in the community. The management team in place are creative and are on track to generate value for shareholders in the future.
Great Place to work
POST-CLOSING AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 1, 2015
I have enjoyed working with First Community Bank. I would continue to work with them but they are closing my department. They have great benefits. I work with a great team of people throughout the company.
Great company with great employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 4, 2016
I loved working there just realized that banking wasn't for me, and that it would take awhile to advance there. I learned how to apply what i learned in school to the real life of finance. It was a great job as i learned a ton about the finance industry and how it worked.
'Community' taken out of the equation
Item Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, VANovember 1, 2013
Excellent company to work for if you are 100% dedicated to work and have no family/community that may interfere. Company is slowing moving towards NC as far as the corporate center goes. Be careful about closing depts. You may be laid off without notice.
Pros
benefits, company seminars/awards
Cons
no family values, too many layoffs
A job to learn various bank type skills with long uneven work schedule
Teller/Vault admin (Former Employee) –  PoplarBluff, MOApril 30, 2012
Long days, weekends, little to no advancement, work to salary ratio very low. Stressful. I learned most of my skills at this job.
Pros
various job skills obtained
Cons
low salary, little advancement
Great Company!
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVDecember 24, 2012
Just all i can say is this. If you like working with people then this is the place for you. Great people to work with, job security, great benefits, etc. Only reason why i left was to get into coal.
Pros
everything
Cons
can't think of any.
Stressful
Lending Executive Administration/Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 2, 2014
employer sought recovery at any means including employee long hours with no compensation.
Fast paced work environment with lots of customer service.
Payment Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 5, 2016
FCB is a great back to work for. It is a fast paced environment that requires high concentration and excellent communication skills. Department work great with one another and so do the employees and management. This was a great work experience for me.
Pros
Employee stock options
Cons
Employee job overload and high turn around.
great benefits and working environment
Senior Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVSeptember 25, 2014
great benefits, The staff is always friendly, and willing to help others.
Overall this was once a really fun place to work
BANKING OPERATIONS ACH (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, VAFebruary 7, 2013
A typical day at work was not bad. It was an easy going laid-back type of environment. I learned a great deal about banking even though I was not in a management position I given the opportunity to learn different departments. Unfortunately the pay and job security were trouble areas. The job could be stressful sometimes because when you deal with other people's money there is little room for error. Also everything was on a strict time schedule. I really enjoyed my co-workers they were the most enjoyable part of the job. In fact I have many co-workers I can call friend and we stay in touch. Occasionally I will go back and visit
Pros
nice work environment, employee functions
Cons
pay, advancement opportunities
Great place to work,
teller (Former Employee) –  Roberta, GASeptember 22, 2014
great place to work. great people to work with. great pay and benefits.
Small growing company that cares about its customers.
BSA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 2, 2016
The management team is great and very supportive of its employees. Co-workers work in unity as team members. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Pros
Team work
Cons
NOne
Career oriented with attention to detail
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 15, 2013
Enjoy a position supporting multiple executives with opportunity to expand to aiding other departments as needed.

Learned to adapt to different personalities and needs of each company. Ability to pick up customized software and apply my advanced software skills effectively.

Seeking an opportunity to support executives and invest my career path towards retirement.

Value my family and faith first and able to find the right balance with work and home.
Pros
outgoing and very dependable
Cons
strong initiative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Community Bank. Our community is ready to answer.