First Community Bank

First Community Bank Employee Reviews

Very good learning experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Malden, MOJune 16, 2015
Pros: Luncheons, Birthday Lunches, and Christmas Parties
Cons: Salaries
We worked together to help customers and get them in and out as fast as possible! We loved our everyday patients and helping them with new changes in our system or having account issues. Patient satisfaction was my number one goal each and everyday when they walked through the door!
Banking Experience
Teller/CSR/Lending Experience (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 13, 2015
Pros: respect, professional, fun and had alot of opportunities to grow with the bank.
Cons: n/a
Started out as teller for a couple of years, moved onto opening accounts, small individual loans and moved into commercial lending with some SBA experience.
A typical day would always be professional, personable and making the most in a busy branch.
What I learned was following all compliance regulations with FDIC.
Management was always great!!! Our branch was known as the place all other employees wanted to be.
My co-workers are still some of my best friends even through all these years.
The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking 4 different positions at once. That is when you start knowing what is a priority and making sure each customer was happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the bank itself. The bank treated all employees with respect no matter what level of position you worked.
Great job horrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, ALJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great customer base
Cons: poor management
Great place to earn experience but not the best place if your looking to advance your career. Most of the staff are local residents that are not looking to advance themselves. Promotions are given on personal preference not ability.
Boring and unorganized
Branch Banker (Former Employee), texasDecember 16, 2014
Worked for this company for a short time and nothing was like what was stated in the interview. decent pay but not worth it
Good
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Princeton, WVNovember 20, 2014
Good place to work but no advancement opportunity and income is bad.
Enjoy
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee), Keokuk, IANovember 10, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Enjoy my job no advancement opportunity. Would like to see more advancement and copmensation advancement.
Very relaxed and professional
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: relaxed
Cons: job security
My time at First Community Bank was pretty good. I liked the environment and the people that work here are very awesome and overcome any obstacle that are presented to them. However, job security isn't so good here. I'm currently being laid off in a massive layoff by the company after surviving the massive cut last year.
Based on Community
Vice President, Human Resources Director (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCOctober 15, 2014
First Community Bank is centered around the community-banking model and is dedicated to the communities where employees live and work.
great benefits and working environment
Senior Financial Assistant (Former Employee), Beckley, WVSeptember 25, 2014
great benefits, The staff is always friendly, and willing to help others.
Great place to work,
teller (Former Employee), Roberta, GASeptember 22, 2014
great place to work. great people to work with. great pay and benefits.
This has been a fun place to work, great co-workers and room to move up.
Loan Officer (Current Employee), Milton, WISeptember 4, 2014
The best but hardest part of the job is to be multi talented. You have to fill many shoes as in one day you may be doing loans, new accounts and also helping out in deposits. The co-workers here all pitch in which makes working here enjoyable.
Great Work Place
SFA (Former Employee), Pineville, WVAugust 4, 2014
Start off by checking reports to see if any teller was out of balance. If so search and correct the problem, while waiting on customers.
typical bank enviroment
Teller (Former Employee), Searcy, ARJuly 31, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers, but the pay was not enough to live on
FCB
Administrative Assistant / Commercial Lending (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: pretty much everything was unappreciated
nothing good to say. Management did not care who or how task was completed. Get it done and fast.
Superior work experience
Head teller (Former Employee), Tifton, GAApril 28, 2014
Pros: in house training, holidays
Cons: occasionally short staffed
A typical day at work would include opening the teller area, checking the safe for night drop deposits and performing those transactions before opening, counting the vault money and balancing before opening as well as teller drawers. Welcome every customer with a smile and ensure smooth and pleasant transactions and customer requests through out the day as well as managing the vault and helping fellow tellers with needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships and trust that are built with the customers. The sense of family between the management and co- workers definitely is a very special part of being on the the team at First Community Bank.
Had a good team, company expectations were unrealistic
Community Banker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 14, 2014
Description of position at the interview was not what it turned out to be, I would spend ALL day out on the streets soliciting business from strangers. No support from company to accomplish goals.
Great Co-Workers, pleasant and fun enviorment
Customer service (Current Employee), Campbell, MOApril 14, 2014
Pros: they take care of their employees
Cons: having to give customers bad news
I've learned to open up to people and not be shy. i love working in a customer service job. i love meeting new people and helping them with their banking needs.
not good
unappreciated (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 7, 2014
Pros: nothing that i can think of
Cons: again, run - run as fast as you can.
nothing good to say about first community bank. run, run fast if ever applying.
Enjoyable and Customer Service Driven
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Holden Beach NCFebruary 11, 2014
This job gave me great experience with customer service and customer satisfaction. It also taught me a great deal about the world of finances and referrals.
The most difficult part of this job was learning how to say no to those I had come to know as family.
The best part of the job was helping someone and guiding them on the right financial path for them.
Great learning atmosphere with co-workers
Financial Associate (Former Employee), Emporia VAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great hours, wonderful co-workers
Cons: management's weakness is found in correcting trainees rudely in public
Workers and head teller, easy to work with and great trainers. Family atmosphere, respectful, and caring. Job was enjoyable, and hours were great.

1 2 3