First Community Credit Union Employee Reviews

Fun company to work for
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 1, 2016
First Community is a great company to work for. You become close with the other staff and enjoy your job. Unfortunately I had to leave due to not fitting my school schedule.
Good cu to work for. Excellent incentive structure
IN STORE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2016
Incentive pay is better than most cu's in stores are closed like traditional banks for all holidays. Work/life balance is fair
Great Company to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2015
Great company to work for.
Friendly people and great benefits.
Fast paced and located in a great area of town.
I would work here any day any time. HR department is nto so great .
Horrible Company
Special Services (Former Employee) –  CopperfieldAugust 14, 2015
Worked here for a few years. If you are not related to someone, don't expect to have any type of career advancement. Racism is very much alive amongst upper management. The benefits are great, and the pay is ok. 63 cent raises are ridiculous. Very stressful environment, and very high turn over. They do tuition reimbursement, but don't expect to get moved into a better position even if they are paying for it. Very strict dress code all the way down to how you can wear your hair, which is a way too keep from hiring a certain group of people if you ask me. Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Benefits, No Weekends
Cons
Management, Pay, Career Advancement, Stressful
Productive Environment
Specialist Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2015
I have learned a lot coming into this company. They have taught me how to apply and understand financial situations that our members go though daily. I enjoy making our member's smile.
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
My day began with processing daily reports, balancing the main cash vault and prepared cash shipments to be sent to the Federal Reserve and working a teller window. I, learned cash handling, working with the public, problem solving and managing a 15 teller department. My co workers were like family. We worked as a team. My managers ran a tight branch, we were #2 out of 14 branches. The hardest part of my position was discipline for the tellers., but I did my job. The most enjoyable part was seeing the smiling faces of my members and having the teller department reach their goals.
Pros
Getting paid for incentives, getting free lunch for the whole dept.
Great benefits, mediocre salary, and horrible management
Financial Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJuly 14, 2015
Health/Dental/Eye-care insurance is included in your insurance at no deducted cost. However, the management is juvenile and only concerned with covering each other's backs.
Pros
Birthday is paid holiday; paid insurance
Cons
Terrible, unethical management
Fun and Productive
Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2015
Working for a CU is a much different experience than working at a bank, there are a lot of different responsibilities, i enjoyed working here.
Pros
good pay, a lot of work
Cons
dress code, hours
FCCU has experienced a lot of growth and changes within the last year
VP Business Lending I / AVP Business Services (Former Employee) –  HoustonFebruary 4, 2015
There has been a lot of turnover with seasoned and fairly new staff due to management. The hardest part of my job was the executive management lack of experience with business lending as most of their experience is based on consumer lending. The part I enjoyed the most was my boss and working with individual and business members in the community.
Pros
I had an excellent boss
Cons
Advancement seems to be vey politically inclined
Great place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WISeptember 3, 2015
Everyone was nice. If I ever move back to WI I would want to work there again.

Co workers there were great, but the days were long if the customers did not come in.

I had to find things to keep me busy some days.
Member friendly, laid back environment
Teller / Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORJuly 1, 2014
Assist customers with routine transactions, work closely with other departments to fill member requests, process night drop and mail transactions. I have learned to be more proactive in finding solutions and answering questions for members and not just passing them to someone else. The hardest part of my job is when not everybody is on the same page, sometimes there is frustration and confusion with upper management and some of the procedures. The best part of my job is getting to interact with the member and be a part of their day, and hopefully they don't leave without having had a great experience!
Pros
Company paid health insurance, wellness program
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
Great place to start a career.
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MissouriApril 1, 2013
This organization has given me many opportunities to learn different aspects of banking and administration. The growing nature of the organization gave me ample opportunities. They took a risk in promoting me with little experience in information technology and I believe I lived up to their expectations. This was a great place for me to begin my career and has provided me with a wealth of knowledge and experieces to draw from for my future.
Pros
small organization with great relationships and opportunities.
Cons
rigid top down hierarchy which is slow and inefficient.
Poorly Managed Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDAugust 10, 2015
Company is poorly managed, turnover is extremely high. Would strongly recommend speaking to former employees before accepting any job there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Mico managed by senior staff
First Community Credit Union
Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
The only reason I am no longer working as a teller at this credit union is because I decided to move to Huntsville and go to school full time. I worked at the Alief location, the members were very sweet and patient. My co-workers and managers became a family to me. It wasn't stressful and my personal life was balanced working here as well.
Very demanding and not a good place for a working mother
Real Estate Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
This company did not understand when you called in sick or need time off for any reason. Upper management was stuck up and refused to allow any type of management and employee interaction outside the CU. Require a lot of selling no matter what position your in. Worked there for 7 1/2 yrs too long.
Pros
Great 401K benefits
Cons
horrible company
Not a good place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Copperfield, Cypress TexasMarch 3, 2015
I worked at FCCU from Oct 2014 - Feb 2015 at the Copper Field branch in Houston Texas. I applied as a Full Time teller. Once I got hired and went to sign the paperwork, she said oh wait you're part time. (if I had of known that, I would never have worked there.) Then she goes on to tell me oh as soon as a Full time position opens up we will put you right in it. Four Full time positions came up and they passed me by. Not to mention I was getting between 20-25 hours a week stretched out over 6 days. The Lead Teller would disappear all day!!! Even through busy peaks. The upper management did nothing about it. There was tension in the teller department between the teller leads and management and the tellers. Management did nothing to fix it. If you are going to work for this company, steer clear of this location. Go to the Spring Branch location. They are amazing. The only good thing about this company is that if you have experience they pay well.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
Bad Management, No room for advancement
Good company to work for
Financial Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
I have been here for little less than a year. I have been pleased so far. I hope to advance soon. Most challenging part is meeting monthly goal while having to compete amongst others within credit union.
Management at a credit union with great potential
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Work in a fast-pace environment. Maintained a good balance between coaching and mentoring employees while providing superior service to the credit union members. Working within the corporate branch, you are responsible for an array of different responsibilities and work directly with all of the credit union's departments. Experiencing the large amount of challenges and accomplishments, you gain fantastic management and leadership skills. Manage a multifaceted group of supportive employees. The company atmosphere lacks consistency and communication. Executive Management shows very little value in the employees that work under them. Corperate morale is extremely low with a very high job turnover rate. The hardest part of the job is the lack in structure and communication between upper and branch management. The significant increase in workload within all departments along with decreased reward or incentive has a negative corporate atmosphere effect. The most enjoyable part of the job is training, coaching and leading employees to be successful in their careers.
Pros
Being able to directly benefit members and employees lives
Cons
Compensation
Good company but no chance for advancement.
Ag/Commercial Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDMarch 18, 2013
First Communication Credit Union is a great company but the management is clueless when it comes to communicating with their employees on what they are doing wrong and how to adjust those mistakes.
Great Job, Great company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2013
Working at FCCU was the greatest experience for me. Everyone is professional and great. I was able to balance both work and school without wanting to quit one. I left because my husband got stationed to El Paso.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Community Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9