First Community Credit Union

First Community Credit Union Employee Reviews

Summary
Mortgage Loan Processor II (Former Employee), Coos Bay, ORMarch 26, 2015
I learned a lot about the loan process and taking borrowers from the application to the closing of loans. The company was flexible and nice to work for.
Not a good place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Copperfield, Cypress TexasMarch 3, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: bad management, no room for advancement
I worked at FCCU from Oct 2014 - Feb 2015 at the Copper Field branch in Houston Texas. I applied as a Full Time teller. Once I got hired and went to sign the paperwork, she said oh wait you're part time. (if I had of known that, I would never have worked there.) Then she goes on to tell me oh as soon as a Full time position opens up we will put you right in it. Four Full time positions came up and they passed me by. Not to mention I was getting between 20-25 hours a week stretched out over 6 days. The Lead Teller would disappear all day!!! Even through busy peaks. The upper management did nothing about it. There was tension in the teller department between the teller leads and management and the tellers. Management did nothing to fix it. If you are going to work for this company, steer clear of this location. Go to the Spring Branch location. They are amazing. The only good thing about this company is that if you have experience they pay well.
FCCU has experienced a lot of growth and changes within the last year
VP Business Lending I / AVP Business Services (Former Employee), HoustonFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: i had an excellent boss
Cons: advancement seems to be vey politically inclined
There has been a lot of turnover with seasoned and fairly new staff due to management. The hardest part of my job was the executive management lack of experience with business lending as most of their experience is based on consumer lending. The part I enjoyed the most was my boss and working with individual and business members in the community.
First Community Credit Union
Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
The only reason I am no longer working as a teller at this credit union is because I decided to move to Huntsville and go to school full time. I worked at the Alief location, the members were very sweet and patient. My co-workers and managers became a family to me. It wasn't stressful and my personal life was balanced working here as well.
Member friendly, laid back environment
Teller / Vault Teller (Current Employee), Hermiston, ORJuly 1, 2014
Pros: company paid health insurance, wellness program
Cons: not a lot of room for advancement
Assist customers with routine transactions, work closely with other departments to fill member requests, process night drop and mail transactions. I have learned to be more proactive in finding solutions and answering questions for members and not just passing them to someone else. The hardest part of my job is when not everybody is on the same page, sometimes there is frustration and confusion with upper management and some of the procedures. The best part of my job is getting to interact with the member and be a part of their day, and hopefully they don't leave without having had a great experience!
Great Job, Great company
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 6, 2013
Working at FCCU was the greatest experience for me. Everyone is professional and great. I was able to balance both work and school without wanting to quit one. I left because my husband got stationed to El Paso.
Excellent enviornment.
Financial Service Consultant (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOAugust 12, 2013
Worked very hard at this job. They challenged me in many ways.
Very demanding and not a good place for a working mother
Real Estate Loan Processor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
Pros: great 401k benefits
Cons: horrible company
This company did not understand when you called in sick or need time off for any reason. Upper management was stuck up and refused to allow any type of management and employee interaction outside the CU. Require a lot of selling no matter what position your in. Worked there for 7 1/2 yrs too long.
Nice place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOApril 1, 2013
Pros: working for members(owners) is better than customers.
Cons: salary compensation was below par.
FCCU was a nice place to work. Management was very reasonable and professional.
Great place to start a career.
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MissouriApril 1, 2013
Pros: small organization with great relationships and opportunities.
Cons: rigid top down hierarchy which is slow and inefficient.
This organization has given me many opportunities to learn different aspects of banking and administration. The growing nature of the organization gave me ample opportunities. They took a risk in promoting me with little experience in information technology and I believe I lived up to their expectations. This was a great place for me to begin my career and has provided me with a wealth of knowledge and experieces to draw from for my future.
Good company but no chance for advancement.
Ag/Commercial Loan Processor (Former Employee), Jamestown, NDMarch 18, 2013
First Communication Credit Union is a great company but the management is clueless when it comes to communicating with their employees on what they are doing wrong and how to adjust those mistakes.

About First Community Credit Union

First Community Credit Union is a cooperative, owned and operated by its members. This is what distinguishes the credit union – Read more

First Community Credit Union Salaries