First Data Employee Reviews

Found 1,696 reviews matching the search
Great hardworking people. Chaotic management
HR Manager Output Services (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2017
Lay offs and chaos. Great co workers. One must be able to adapt to frequent change and lack of direction. Frequent changes in leadership. Ability to change directions at a moments notice. Average benefits. I enjoyed my internal clients very much.
Horrible Place
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2017
terrible place to work and would not recommend to anyone ever!! Do not ever ever ever work at this place or you will ruin your career! they have the worst management that is possible
Fast paced
Customer Service/ Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at First Data but it was very fast paced which took away from the client experience that we were monitored on. I always worked well with team members and management.
Pros
daytime hours and benefits
Cons
extremely fast paced
Owner Associate oriented
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 19, 2017
Fair work environment
Encouraging
Technology based
I have worked at FD for 17 years, only leaving due to relocating to another part of the country
Great benefits, friendly environment
Benefits
Very cut throat- no training - no leadership -
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Very Stressful, I would not recommend this company to anyone. I have worked for various companies and industries and bar none this is the worst environment. Reactive firefighting is ongoing and getting worse not better. No leadership to encourage you. If you do your job, you are expected to do more, it you are doing above and beyond you are criticized.
Pros
decent pay, decent commute
Cons
bad healthcare, bad management
Team Production Op II/Quality Assurance Spec (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 18, 2017
It's a great place to work, have been working there for the last 17 years. Have lost of entry level career opportunities for students and benefit package.
Operations environment - good company; poor management
Senior Client Manager- Client Services (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 16, 2017
Like my job, professionals are treated like children; management not willing to change its course of management style. too much micromanagement ; poor communication.
Compañia que se preocupa por capacitar adecuada y continuamente a sus empleados. Ofrece garantias laborales. Posibilidad de ascenso.
Representante de servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  Florida, Estados UnidosSeptember 16, 2017
acompañamiento de supervisores y lideres de grupo.
Pros
Garantias laborales
Cons
Continuo cambio de personal
Fast pace
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2017
Job wasn't bad at all I love when I help the customers news happy and wanted to speak with my supervisor I didn't like the ones that cussed me out and complained and said negative things to me but that came with the job is so long I was a pretty nice place to work that I just wished to pay was better benefits wasn't bad though
Benefits
Cons
Pay
I would never work for this company again!!!
NA (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2017
Beware of working for this company, they are known for their layoffs, terrible management!! My whole department was layed off. It started with my manager who was the only good manager at First Data, then they started laying off the rest of us. I found a new job before I was let go.
Pros
nice building to work in.
Cons
layoffs
productive fun place to work
Senior Manager, Reporting and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Working at First Data was very rewarding and utilized my organizational, planning and management skills to the fulliest. Productivity was key and very fun place to work
okay
MCI Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 13, 2017
I don't remember much about this job it was a long time ago. I believe it was a telemarketing job, that all I remember. it was a job that helped me out when I needed a income.
Pros
part time work
Cons
no benefits
low pay plenty overtime
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 13, 2017
I think its a great place to start a career in IT, however its very low paying high stress environment with inexperienced managers. If your looking for extra hours this may be your place to work.
Pros
overtime
Cons
horrible management
It was nice to work there
Network Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 12, 2017
Great company to work for. I enjoyed working for FirstData. I had a great team and an excellent Manager. I will definitely recommend FirstData to any of my friends.
It's a very good place to work at
Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2017
I clock in for work then set up my station then get my trays of work and put the mail on my low speed 50\51 machine. Cut the machine on then i push the button for the mail to drop down to start processing threw the machine and then i take each payment out of each envelope and process it and place it in each bin it belongs in.
Decent Workplace
STAGIN CLERK/ INVENTORY CLERK / PRINTER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2017
I never had any real issues while I was working there. Their benefits were nice. They had paid vacation and sick time as separate pools of hours to take off.
Flexible and dynamic working environment
Sr Business Systems & Implementation (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 8, 2017
Flexible and dynamic working environment with the ability to be creative and offer out of the box solutions on projects and tasks while working within a metrics.
Pros
Ability to work independently
Cons
Dynamic and vigorus atmosphere
Amazing people to work with
Executive Assistant/Office Manger (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work at. I would not consider leaving if not for career advancement and pay. If the possibility of advancing came into place I would consider staying until retirement.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Healthcare and 401K
Its First Data
DISPUTES ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 5, 2017
Typical day at work was different yet the same everyday. When the program was there (USAA disputes) we had flex scheduling which was nice. We got credit card disputes daily everyday. the management was great, everyone was friends, it was a quiet place because we were reading about other people's problems.
Pros
good food
Cons
This is a good environment to work in.
Analyst Two (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 5, 2017
This is a pretty good work environment. However they pay everyone different amounts to do the same work. They also do a lot of random layoffs. So not good to make a career out of this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Data. Our community is ready to answer.