First DataBank Employee Reviews

Great place to work, good work culture
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches, fruit, snacks
Work starts at 630 AM, work on help desk tickets, then work on projects assigned
Fun, Professional Workplace
Research Associate (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2013
I enjoy working at First Databank because our daily tasks help to ensure patient safety in regards to pharmaceutical data and medical knowledge.
Excellent benefits
Senior Accountant/Analyst and Notary Public (Former Employee), San Bruno, CANovember 3, 2012
Pros: excellent manager
Cons: moved to n. carolina
• Supervised accounts payable and trained the accounts payable clerk.
• Reviewed the matched invoices, purchase orders, and material receiving reports to ensure accurate payments to vendors.
• Prepared the monthly statement of cash flow, reviewed month-end general ledger reports and accounts receivable aging analysis report.
• Prepared the cash analysis report and the cash generated analysis reports for the US and overseas operations.
• Prepared quarterly tax schedules, annual business tax filing and any other corporate reporting.
It'll hold you over until something better comes along
Quality Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2012
Pros: close shop half a day early in friday holidays on occasions. free coffee and tea. some telework, but they wont' trust you
Cons: no raises, per say. expected, but not required to remotely work in the evenings. a terribly high volume of meetings.
There are some good people to work for, and then there are the PharmD, who believe they are God's gift to the world (with the exception of one). First Databank LOVE to have meetings. You'll spend half you day in meetings you don't belong in. This includes the all-hands meetings, were upper-management spends a few hours talking about how great they are doing. I did at least get to spend half my time developing database solutions, but it's hard to work, then you're running between meetings all day. Morale was very low when I was there. There also seem to be a whisper on the air that we wouldn't be around very long. High turn-over is routine.
Raises were cost-of-living, and where less than the increase of the insurance. So expect an ever shrinking paycheck.
If you NEED a job, then you can probably make this work for you. You can make some good friends and deal with the rest. But likely you'll be in the job market again in the few years. I enjoyed working there as a contractor, but not as f/t.
Overall enjoyed working at First Data Bank
Data Testing Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2012
Pros: lots of time off, nice people.
Cons: it's work, i'd rather be sleeping. :-)
They used to offer 2 weeks of PTO in addition to 2 weeks of vacation which could be combined to a total of 4 weeks off if managed well, plus holidays, and the occasional half day off prior to holiday weekends. However Hearst, the parent company put an end to being able to use PTO for vacation time. The people were nice and cooperative. The leadership I felt was forward thinking. I thought it was a nice place to be.