First Federal Bank of Florida Employee Reviews

not a good company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 6, 2017
They only promote people they know personal. They do not care if you are trying to build a career with them. They know they can hire someone else. They do not care about their employees.
Enjoyed it
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, CAJune 12, 2016
Gave me a desire to continue in the field of accounting.
Working with the other students was enjoyable.
It taught me how to handle money and keep track of it.
Very productive and fun place to work
Customer Care Center/ Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FL 33809August 20, 2014
Every morning we would have a morning meeting. Always fun and laughing. There would always be some kind of activty to make the work place a fun place to be. Everybody enjoyed their work because our employees always made you smile even on a bad day. Thats what made our customers happy. Because if your happy the customer can see what positive atmispher we had Which would make the customer happy. On a day to day bases I would phone calls back to back with loan questions and concerns. Will help the customer to the best of my ability and if I did not have the answer I would get it for them. Also dealt with taxes and escrow. Made notes with every customers I spoke with. I loved being an emlpoyee for first federal. Great people!
Pros
Bonus every quarter
Cons
not many breaks
Productive workplace where exemplary customer service is the #1 goal
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 12, 2014
I work in a fast-paced office and am responsible for preparation of foreclosure suits and handle the process from beginning to end. Working in this field of law, I run across some very difficult situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pleasant work environment and helpful and cooperative co-workers.
Pros
professional and pleasant workplace
Cons
cut-back in health care benefits
Excellent management and company values
Consumer Underwriter & Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLDecember 1, 2013
I have worked at the First Federal operations center for 5.5 years and have loved every minute of it. The management are top quality and everyone is highly motivated to provide excellent service to both internal and external customers. Benefits are great with 12.5% matching 401k!!!
Pros
Great benefits and 401k, great management, excellent teamwork
A great place to work! Loved my position and working with people on daily bases.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, FL.July 24, 2013
My hours were flexible, the management were very supportive and always there when needed!
Pros
Had functinal opperation hours.
Cons
Big fish in little pond!
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 20, 2013
Small company trying to play with the big guys. Greedy senior management lacking in the experience and skills necessary to take the bank to the next level. They use the experience of seasoned professionals from other cities to generate relationships, learn about other profitable lines of business and claim the success. If they cannot grow it, they buy it and then discard the most talented employees once the bank no longer wants to compensate as promised.

If you are looking for a short term job and don't mind making others successful for little in return, then this is the company for you! The only long term employees you will find in the company live in Lake City and the smaller surrounding areas where employment opportunities are slim to none. Most do not work past 5pm Lake City time so they are able to have a "balanced family life." Don't try to solve a crisis after hours...banker's hours DO apply for the hometown folk.

If you are talented and located in any other area, apply with caution! You will be used and thrown out on your hands within 12-18 months.

Only the rural survive!
Pros
deep pockets with profitable balance sheet.
Cons
too greedy to share the wealth. lack of technology, experience and commitment.
Nice place to work, not too stressfull, but very quick to fire.
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 5, 2012
This is a 5 star bank, very conservative and risk adverse bank. This is kind of a bank where you would find in "Mayberry". The employees are down home and friendly. They have goals like all banks, but don't beat you up on a daily basis. They are very quick to fire employees. If you are not producing enough or make any mistake you are gone very quick, no second chances.
Pros
5 star bank, treat you with respect
Cons
very quick to fire, a lot of turnover and downsizing.
Good Bank
Vice President and Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 12, 2012
First Federal is a growing bank that I believe has a lot of opportunities for individuals that are driven to perform and embrace their model.
Nice Atmosphere
Collections (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 6, 2012
A nice place to work but the company does not compensate the employee for their worth. A small community bank caters to the customers, very complaint driven, but the people are really nice. If you just need a quick job this would be the place for you, and if you are seeking monetary rewards no need to apply here.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
you will do 5 jobs for one pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Federal Bank of Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8