First Federal Bank of the Midwest

First Federal Bank of the Midwest Employee Reviews

Too sales focused
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OHFebruary 2, 2017
I have worked here for several years and I have seen the focus change from customer service to sales. The company is sound and trustworthy. The local management teams not so much. They are not interested in knowing the customers or in knowing the employees.
The background people are excellent to help resolve customer issues.
Overall I would recommend.
Pros
401k and stock options
Cons
Falling away from customer first focus
Great coworkers and great community feeling.
Commercial Lender (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 23, 2016
The coworkers are great and everyone here go over and beyond to help customers out. I believe that it is a great place to work and that management is leading the bank in the right direction. At times, communication from management might be lacking but over time they have worked to improve that.
No a great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 12, 2015
The job itself isn't bad. The management had no idea what they were doing. They would give a higher job title to someone who isn't qualified just because of their attitude. The customers were nice, but if they weren't the manager would tuck and run. For a community bank they arent doing anything community and trying to be more of a corporate bank. Too focused on sales to see how great the employees are with their customers. The customers even say how bad the office is.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay, direction, no management communication.
A great, community-centered banking center
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 5, 2013
First Federal Bank is an outstanding company to work or and a great place to bank. The company's ideals and policies are exceptional. Both upper management and co-workers are hard-working, sincere individuals.
Productive and customer oriented, enjoyed my job
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMay 26, 2012
My job at First Federal Bank was an awesome place to work. I enjoy the customers and meeting their needs. I was mainly in charge of the deposit side of the bank. I supervised all the tellers, monthly work schedules, sales training and coaching, anual reviews for my staff. Ordering cash for the branch, handled customers with any of their problems or concerns. When the manager was out of the branch, I was responsible for the entire branch. I worked very closely with my manager. We were a great team.
Pros
the work enviroment was the best that i had ever worked at.
Cons
sometimes the pettiness of a couple of the tellers had to be dealt with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Federal Bank of the Midwest. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2