First Federal Bank Employee Reviews

Local office was GREAT
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Typical day at work was FUN. Manager was supportive and always had your back with UW guidelines and procedures.
Learned UW guidelines on FHA and CONV loans with help of UW in office.
Pros
Realtor functions
Cons
It is ok place to work but ready for a change
New Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bryan, OHAugust 29, 2017
I enjoy working there but with new management it is not a very good place anymore There are too many different things being told to us and how to do them. I feel it is time for me to move on
Positive
Credit Analyst/Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHJuly 31, 2017
I had a positive experience at First Federal Bank and enjoyed my time there. They were very accomodating to their employees and I appreciated that. Enjoyed my department.
Not the best
Customer Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 15, 2017
Customers treat you with little to no respect and your management goes over your head and gives the customers whatever they want even if its against policy just to make them happy. Management does not treat you fairly nor do they care about you like they say they do. The pay is not good and the equipment they have is terribly outdated but they are too cheap to replace it.
Loved this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 2, 2017
This is a great company to work for. They are great to their employees and I had a wonderful position there. I made the top 3% in sales the first year I worked there.
Pros
incentives
Cons
non
Over all working at First Federal was a decent experience
Teller/ part-time (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCApril 23, 2017
They did not have a lot of room for job growth i felt that there was no job security as well. It was very unfortunate to me having to leave they did not train me well enough in my opinion
Hometown Bank
Teller (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNMarch 12, 2017
Loved being able to meet customers and get to know them. You learn a lot and develop a lot of self drive. This is a good place to get banking experience and help start a career
Meeting New People
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed helping and meeting new people. The days were very busy and I was always learning new things. I loved getting dressed up and being professional. The staff was amazing and friendly. I learned various banking skills and how to provide exceptional customer service.
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
Na
fun, always something different
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCFebruary 7, 2017
A day at South State Bank consist of unlocking the gate, saying good morning spoken or by song. Getting prepared to open, talking about thing we've heard on the news or did the night before. Maybe the manager will talk about updates for the day or week. Everyone is friendly and get along pretty well. Once opened, we great customer with a good morning or later in the day good afternoon. Listen to the customer request and do what I (we) can to assist, if the front line can't then we past to management. There really isn't a hard part but little thing can make it difficult such as lack of information from customer, not understanding what the customer is saying, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I give my all to help a customer to the best of my ability and customer leaves happy.
Pros
great work place
Cons
down talk
Excellent place to work.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCJanuary 30, 2017
Great people and leadership. Small employer but employees are known by management. Everyone works together. Management is always finding ways to improve. The most enjoyable part is that everyone seems like family and cares about you. The hardest part of the job is working to 6:00 on Fridays.
I enjoyed working with the public.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of making deposits, cashing checks, opening new accounts. I learned how to issue travelers checks. Management was lenient to a certain extent. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult people. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and providing excellent customer service.
stable work environment
Credit Card Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 11, 2017
Good stable work environment
Stable work/life balance
Position outsourced, costing my position to be terminated
Good coworkers
Hardest part about the job was meeting collection standards
Excellent bank.`
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 9, 2017
First job out of high school. Very nice place to work for a yound person. Leadership was strong at the time. Good training and lots of great support when needed.
Good people and nice atmosphere
Bookkeeper/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNOctober 4, 2016
I enjoyed my job so much I stayed for 15 years. I left only because we moved to Florida. The hardest part of my job was my coworkers drama which I tried to be compassionate about. I enjoyed my job because I knew it well and was able to help coworkers with questions and i was constantly busy.
Pros
Enjoyed my work and coworkers
Attained some experience but most of all Great Customer service Training!
FLOAT BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 4, 2016
Great Customer Service Training that I have been able to apply to EVERY other position that I have held since working at First Federal Bank. Although, not much room for advancement
Fun Work Environment
Assistant Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 24, 2016
Wonderful company who really cared for their employees and customers. Great Leadership and training. There was always room for advancement and employee praise.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Hours Changing
First Federal was a Merger of Leader Mortgage to US Bank
AVP/Payment Processing - Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2016
I worked for The Leader Mortgage Company who was acquired by First Federal who was then acquired by US Bank. This is the same organization.
Pros
Same as US Bank
Cons
Same as US Bank
Productive and fun atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHAugust 5, 2016
I really enjoy working at First Federal, especially spending my days with my co-workers. The company has decent benefits, but I am part time so I do not qualify for most. Some days are busy and others are slower, just depends on the time of month and day. I have learned a lot about financial regulations and stipulations. The most enjoyable part of the job is the loyal customers that I get to know throughout their transaction. The hardest part is all of the responsibility and knowledge that we are required to obtain, with not sufficient pay.
Great learning experience
Consumer Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNJune 13, 2016
Great opportunity to meet new people. Great working environment. Always a challenge, with ample hands on training. Would recommend without hesitation.
Very Productive Environment with lots of good management!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rainsville, ALJune 10, 2016
Very great place to work, with great hours with a person with a family. Management was never upset, or turned down an employee who had a question of any type! We had very stressful days, which we all worked together to get the job done, and ALL customers happy, and pleased when they left the bank. We went beyond our measures to make sure every customer was happy with our service!