First Federal Bank

First Federal Bank United States Employee Reviews

FFB was an organization that tried to sustain in a volitile time within the banking industry.
Vice President & Branch Manager (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CADecember 7, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: organization failed
Small boutique bank, service driven. Excellent place to work, always looking to hire strong management with a commitment to delivering customer service.
Overall Great Place
Teller (Current Employee), fayetteville, arNovember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: open during rough weather
This is truly a great place to work. It is a bank so with knowing that there will be bank related events.Overall, I would recommend to anyone.
Great place to work.
Branch Lending Assistant (Former Employee), Wauseon, OHNovember 7, 2014
Pros: being able to interact with everyone.
Cons: require to sale constantly.
I was able to keep busy with all the jobs I was required to do and loved doing them. I have grown so much with various jobs the were asked of me and enjoyed both co-workers and customers.
I grow and learned a lot working for this company.
Wire Transfer Specialist (Current Employee), N Charleston, SCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: benefit plans, friendly environment
I enjoy working for first Federal. It is a great place to work and place for advancement.
Nice place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Oberlin, LASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: was close to home for me
it is overall a good place to work. Small town so its easy to be on a personal level with costumers.
Great company
Secretary Duties (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: safe job
Cons: did not last
I enjoyed working for the bank as a secretary an working with the co-workers
Always room for advancement and opportunity for education
Teller/Vault Custodian (Former Employee), Wausau, WIAugust 1, 2014
Pros: always backup help if needed
Cons: was bought out by another bank
This was a great job for details and security. Getting to know your customer base and how best to serve their needs.
fun place to work
Lead/Supervisor Teller (Former Employee), lomita californiaJuly 13, 2014
very good company to work for, i was able to learned and enjoyed every single part of my duties everyday, the most i liked was to deal with customers you learn something every day from every customer.
Residential Mortgage Underwriter II (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 11, 2014
I love underwriting, working for this company provided me the opportunity for advancement.
merger anxiety is causing stress in the work place
Vice President (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMay 9, 2014
merger anxiety is causing stress in the work place. what started out as a merger of equalls, quickly turned into SCBT taking the heavy high hand and dismissing all things legacy first federal. Including majority of legacy first federal executive management and senior management.
Banker
Banker/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lexington KYMay 8, 2014
Assisted customers with banking needs CD’s, investments, loans, and establish personal and business accounts.
Fun culture but hard working
Teller (Former Employee), Findlay, OHApril 17, 2014
Typical day would be to do teller duties. Cash handling and customer service. Cash handling is very important in this job, as it is in any job. It is a big responsibility and is taken seriously. In this job and in others i have learned that every action that we take we are responsible for a reaction if there is one. This is when we take everything that we do very seriously and make sure we do it correctly every time. The management is very helpful if need be and were very nice. As well as the co-workers I worked with at the bank. If I wasn't sure about something they were there to always help and show me the right way. The hardest part about my job there was making sure that there were no mistakes with the customers money and their accounts. I enjoyed working their and learning about the responsibilities that a teller has everyday.
Too many changes taking place. People were on edge wondering what is going to happen in the future with this bank.
Part-time Teller (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: adequate lunch hours, friendly atmosphere
Cons: part time hours were unacceptable to my needs.
I liked my co-workers very much and enjoyed working with our customers. I would have stayed if they would have given me the part time hours I had requested to meet my needs for home life and having a child in Kindergarten.
Overall, good place to work
Mortgage Officer (Current Employee), Athens, ALJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: very lenient monthly budget for taking clients to lunch, golfing, sponsoring broker opens, etc
Cons: 100% commission
My typical days consists of following up on applications in my pipeline, calling realtors to take to lunch or go visit at their office. See if any realtors would like my signs placed in the yards of homes they have listed. Constantly asking for referrals and thinking of better ways to market myself each and every day
Fun job & great Co-workers
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: low pay
I liked the customer interaction. Performed banking transactions all day. I learned how to handle large amounts of cash, balance a cash drawer, data processing, etc

My co-workers were great & a lot of fun to be around. Made the work day even better.

The hardest part of the job were the occasional difficult customer.
Overall Employee Focused
Financial Center Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 27, 2013
A typical day at work includes helping each one of my employees become the best that they can be. And, also interacting with each client like they are the only one in the world and listening to them in order to meet their financial needs one by one.

I have learned a lot in this role about people in general, and have enjoyed each one of the people that I have managed. Each one has taught me something.
Nice place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCOctober 14, 2013
Its a nice to work I enjoyed helping the customers resolve their problems. Some days are good and some days were challenging but I did make it through the day. Co-works you have some that are very easy to get along with and others you have to work hard to make things work
Good People to work for
Loan Originator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 3, 2013
Pros: quick closings
Great Co-workers, Good Management, Competitive Rates and Quick Closings
Quiet, Organized Workplace
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 12, 2013
Co-workers and managers were friendly. Very quiet and organized workplace. I personally do not like sitting in front of a computer all day, so working here was ok. I like to be on the move, in a more fast-paced environment.
Bank going through major changes.
Part-time Teller (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARJuly 22, 2013
Pros: decent pay, good locations
Cons: poor hours, poor management
All teller functions, was a part-time worker due to having a young child at home.

I already had previous banking experience.

Management was not great.

Co-workers were pleasant.

Could not get the hours I needed for my family life.

Helping the customers and making them smile on a daily basis.

About First Federal Bank

First Citizens BancShares knows the first thing about commercial banking. The company owns First-Citizens Bank & Trust, which – Read more

First Federal Bank Salaries