First Financial Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Branch Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport, INOctober 14, 2017
Loved my job. I respected the people and the company. I only left because I retired, but now I feel that I would like to do part time work. My husband and I travel to Florida and Denver that is why I would be interested in something part time that I could do where ever we are at the time.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Summary
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Terre HauteOctober 12, 2017
The best bank ever.
They are very ethical.
There is opportunity for advancement.
Friendly, caring, and community feel.
There has been recent updates to accommodate its customers.
Amazing work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXOctober 10, 2017
I loved working at First Financial Bank they treated everyone like family. They are flexible with the work hours. They proved a 401k they pay for medical,dental and vision they give you good insurance plans.
Branch sales and service
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, KYSeptember 27, 2017
First Financial Bank cares about its customers and strives to provide excellent service and products to meet clients needs.

Some of the management needs to have a fresh outlook on employee relationships and work/life integration.

Benefits are very good for an employer of this size.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work. If you have great customer service skills you will do great! Always an option to move up in the company. Managers were always nice and helpful.
Your own business
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNSeptember 12, 2017
First Financial Security is a life insurance company. It is a recruiting business. Recruiting and selling is how you make money. But people who are in the business will try to pull it off as you don't have to do a thing, which is a lie. It is YOUR business so YOU have to work your butt off. You have to be likeable and trustworthy so people will want to purchase a policy from you. You have to be on top of your game. know everything there is to know about life insurance so you will be able to answer your client's questions.
Pros
Serving other
Cons
Policy cancellation due to client's misunderstanding, bi-yearly license, omission and error renewal (it's expensive)
Balanced work life in First Financial Bank
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2017
Company is great, managers are great, people in my department are great. Company has merged with another bank and has become bigger than it was. Excellent benefits, great culture.
Very Competitive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2017
If you don't stack up you will be phased out. Even as a teller you will be required to have sales goals. If you are not a top performer you will end up being phased out.
backwards banking culture
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHAugust 29, 2017
Little to no real training. You are basically tossed in on your fisrt day and expected to kep your head above water. the coaching model is a joke. town hall meetings are unpreductive as uppermanagement has no idea how to connect customer service with with with numbers needed to increase profits.
Banking is Fun but Requires Work
Administrative Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXAugust 24, 2017
First Financial Bank can be a very stressful place to work. A lot of times the staff was not properly prepared to do their respective jobs and others had to carry the burden of that. Other times, things ran smoothly and it was a great environment. Team work could definitely use some improvement here!
Relief Teller
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 22, 2017
Preformed transactions, opened accounts for new customers, greeted customers when they walked in the door, balanced my cash drawer, provided excellent customer service
It's okay
Teller (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 20, 2017
Employees are not valued as they should. There is a high turn over rate. Poor employee training and compensation. Very clique-like atmosphere at times.
Great benefits, poor management
Computer Operator II (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 17, 2017
.I have worked here several times.
I like the work.
I like the people.
I like the benefits.
The management was poor, which causes high stress among the employees.
Pros
lots of carry-ins for events and birthdays
Cons
high stress, poor management
Banking
TELLER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 14, 2017
I have always enjoyed working for First Financial Bank. Work environment usually was friendly and worked as a team. Company seemed to care about the employees. Great benefits.
Pros
Great benefits, good company
Cons
Some pressure for sales
Well paced and professional environment
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at First Financial would entail various customer interactions and transactions. It is your job to ensure you provide an experience that goes above and beyond an average service experience. When not processing transactions, it is preferred that you take steps necessary to keep the work place in optimum condition, whether that be through organization, stocking, cleaning equipment, and processing completed work.
Okay place to work.
Switchboard Operator/Teller (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXAugust 1, 2017
Working conditions were relatively good. Outside of some individuals that were hard to work with, this was not a bad place. In general the management was good.
not a good place
Teller (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 31, 2017
It is a ok place to work. Not much room to advance unless you are a favorite. Management only cares about there being bodies to work. The beneifts are good though is about the only thing.
Pros
hour lunches, benefits
Customer Accounts Specialist
Customer Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDJuly 25, 2017
Hours varied. Learned alot about the credit industry. Management was okay. Employees made it a great place to work. The hardest part of the job was the unhappy customers.
Not friendly
Teller (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 22, 2017
The management is not friendly. They do not care about helping employees at all. Customers were the only reason I enjoyed being at my job. Not the first place I'd recommend
Fun place to work
Commercial Teller (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJuly 11, 2017
Post transaction. Deal with several personalities. My manager was amazing. Learn and much as possible and treat your customer with respect. Dealing with two faced team members. The people you serve everyday.
Pros
Ability to learn something new everyday
Cons
The good old boy system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Financial Bank. Our community is ready to answer.