First Financial Merchant Services Employee Reviews

Great stepping stone for your next step in your career
Agent Director (Current Employee) –  Medina, MNDecember 9, 2014
You attend the morning meeting at 8:03am everyday and go over what is in your pipeline. I've learned a lot with the credit card processing industry and learning to put together programs and get familiar with the Connect CRM program they use. The management team has one solid managing director who doesn't treat you as a number like the other managers do. The hardest part of the job is cold calling abused leads that have been called on for the past 10 years. The best part of the job is the co-workers. They make the day go by fast and make a good office environment.
Pros
nice lunch room, residual income, stepping stone for next position
Cons
limited advancement opportunity, job security, commission percentage
DON'T DO IT!!!
Agent Director (Former Employee) –  Medina, MNAugust 18, 2014
I only met one sales person that had been with the company more than a year. They told us to call people that requested to be put on do not call list. Owners are rude and seems to believe insults are motivational. They may have been good sales people but I wouldn't want them for my supervisors. Funny, it always seems to be the people that they hire are the bad apples. Their numbers were declining year over year and month over month for previous three years, when I got hired and cutting back on support staff in 2013. I heard they bad mouthed me to new new hires so I decided to post this.
Pros
8-5
Cons
overall not happy with employers.
Best move I could have made!!
Agent Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 12, 2014
First Financial has been life changing! As an Agent Director, it was a little challenging ramping up, however, I received continual guidance and support from the VP of Sales and the CEO! I am making 6 figures (I never have before), thoroughly enjoy my job and couldn't be happier!
Pros
residual income, great environment, and on-going training/support
Cons
nose to the grindstone the first 90 days tp ramp up!
Be careful...
Agent/Agent Director (Former Employee) –  MNSeptember 27, 2013
I feel the ultimate goal is for FFUSA to find people that they can turn over in 3-6 months after they have signed up their friends and family that own their own businesses. Merchant service industry is very competitve and when you cut fees down to nothing, you make nothing.

Ask to see a total residual commissions report for YOU AND THE COMPANY and you will not get one. This should be a red flag...especially when they say "trust me."

When you leave the company, the entire monthly residual goes the the owners and if the merchant cancels...FFUSA hits them with a $250 cancellation fee possibly. Turn over 150 agents writing 4-6 deals a month and the residual income to the owners increases dramatically each month.

One owner brags that he makes over $100k per year on residuals...from hundreds of agents that have left the company.
Cons
yup that word desribes it exactly.
If you enjoy feeling like you are lying to people everyday, go for it!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Medina, MNFebruary 1, 2013
Your day is spent calling unknowing vulnerable individuals who are only looking for work and setting them up with a conference call. After listening to the call they have one million questions that you refuse to answer. You encourage and ultimately harass them to fill out "docs" providing FFUSA with all of their information and when they do you congratulate them on joining the "team". It is now their responsibility to cold call businesses and go door to door in hopes that someone will switch to their credit card processing machine, which they won't.

You have a manager who you are in direct contact with all daily and you interact with both the president and vice president. Everyone is fairly nice and friendly but after a few days of working there you find the conversations and atmosphere borderline inappropriate and more often than not cross the line.

The most difficult part of the job is making calls to unknowing individuals who just want a real job and need to pay their bills. You leave feeling sleezy and truly sorry for these people.

The most enjoyable part of the job is simply getting to become familiar with administrative duties and phone work if you haven't previously had any in a very lax atmosphere.
Pros
rewards for achieving goals
Cons
low morale, "scam-like", same thing day in and day out
Supportive staff
INDEPENDENT BUSINESS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  NationwideJanuary 13, 2013
Supportive company for business consultants. Willingness to work and help clients.
FFUSA Rocks!!
Agent Director (Current Employee) –  Medina, MNDecember 11, 2012
In coming to First Financial, I was looking for something challenging, meaningful and profitable with respect to my time and experience. Diving into a new career took some serious soul searching, especially into a highly competitive industry such as this. First Financial's unique approach to the industry showed me that the competition can be really low when we follow the system. Having the ability to plug into the system and running my business on my time is exactly the independence I am looking for. First Financial has provided the opportunity for me. The thing I love the most is the compensation. The commission structure is highly competive in this industry and the residual payout is life changing!!
Pros
success driven climate, promotes growth personally and professionally.
Cons
if you are looking for a place to clock time and get a paycheck, first financial is not your deal.
Hands down BEST company I've ever worked for!
Assistant Manager of Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Medina, MNDecember 7, 2012
I have been with FFUSA for just under three months, and I couldn't be happier! You know your signing up for something a little different when wearing a pirate hat at your interview lands you the job! Everyone here is very passionate about what and knows how to have a great time! Don't be surprised if you hear Gangnum Style bumping upstairs, or have the opportunity to hug a giant teddy bear at the team breakfast! Awesome company!
Personal and Business Growth Beyond My Expectations
Manager (Current Employee) –  Medina, MNDecember 7, 2012
I started with the company over 7 years ago as a part time employee and thought I would stay maybe a couple of years. As I worked for the company, I saw the opportunity for growth within the company - the company was growing and the leaders are true visionaries. The longer I worked here the more I loved the team and the work...I could not think of leaving for one second.

The company is very encouraging if you want to learn something new and test your ideas. Since I started, I have learned far more working here than I ever imagined compared to the 14+ years I have spent working for other companies. They are very focused on team and personal growth and development. If you want to better yourself and create something amazing in your career, then this is a great place to work.

They are also very focused on fun and making this a great environment to work in. Leaders in the company ask for feedback and opinions and use ideas from the team on a regular basis. Could not imagine a better place to work.
Pros
growing company, encouraging and fun environment. lot's of food provided too.
Cons
none. love it here.
Careful of what you ask for
corporate (Former Employee) –  Medina, MNSeptember 23, 2012
Was there about 6 months and had 3 different pay structures that eventually neted me about $.26/hr and mgmt said that is it was what it was; after my origianlly negotiations was for a salary of $36k/yr with commossions.
Pros
????
Cons
nothing said matters, all changes benefit the owners, very stressful; mgmt doesn't care what you tell merchants as long as you close a deal.

Comment – December 16, 2012

This company Rips people off big time.... from manipulating credit card numbers to small business owners who don't know any better just to make an extra profit. Also, don't work here if you are a pretty woman unless you enjoy sexual harassment at work.