First Financial Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoy the independence
Independent Insurance Agent/IAR (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLSeptember 9, 2015
I enjoy the independence of setting up my daily activities, client meetings and marketing campaigns. I also enjoy the unlimited upside potential of compensation that is available in my position.
Pros
Complete independence
Cons
Costs of supporting my own business
Supportive and Understanding Management
Financial Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  PAJuly 6, 2012
: A typical day at work filled with upbeat and positive challenges.
: I learned how to be more about the importance to insure your future
: The management has an open door policy, and they stand by their employees
: My coworkers are why I went to work everyday. They were a very positive bunch.
: The hardest part of that job or any job is to let someone down
: The most enjoyable part of this job is the loyalty to its employees as well as it investors.
Pros
inside lunch room, training, opportunities for advancement
Cons
its cold in the winter
Learning a new field
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winder, GANovember 25, 2012
Set up program. Posted money to accounts. Took applications. Ran credit reports. This was my start to a new career. Management was also new and came in with great enthusium, but soon lost intrest in her job and became difficult to work with and became the hardest part of the job.
I enjoyed being trained and learn new skills.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
working with an inexperinced manager
Very fast paced environment with helpig instructors ad staff.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 3, 2012
Working here is very rewarding. Theres a lot that goes into teaching but also, a lot that comes out of it. Everyday I learn a lot more than the morning I entered into it and I feel that that is something not many jobs offer in this day in age. The teaching style is really relaxed so it just doesn't seem like your back in school again however, you are learning just as much as if you were in school. The people are super friendly and are always willing to help. This is defiantly something everyone would look for in a first job, and quite possibly even a career.
Low morale
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2013
This company is still stuck in the 1970's. They are so behind in technology, processes, and customer service. No advancement opportunities, and doesn't value employees.
Pros
free dress
Cons
benefits, pay
Good Office
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2013
Small mortgage brokerage. I would place loans with a bank and then process the loan through closing. Management was good and atmosphere was good.
Pros
laid back
Cons
no chance for advancement
Great
Item Processing Clerk/Courier (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARNovember 14, 2014
Very good company very professional, not like other banks. Management is great
office work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2015
A typical day at worked I learned how to be a receptionist and all the stuff they do. The hardest part of the job was having to let the customers know that the Manager was hardly ever in even though she was. The enjoyable part of this job was when I could help what the Customer where looking for and all.
Nice place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2013
Working for State Farm Insurance and learning how to skip trace I would say this was my first collection job when I came to the Valley management was great my co-worker was very helpful and meeting my goal also helping the customer .
Productive and customer service
Treasury Management (Current Employee) –  Hereford, TXOctober 28, 2012
Working with customers in person or on phone with troubleshooting and signing up customer. I have learned by working with this company to have good people skills and work ethics. Meet with co-workers every two weeks to talk about issues or new products and teach them to have good work ethics. Trying to encourage the younger generation on how important customer service is because without customer we would not have a job. See our customers and meeting new customer and going over and beyond to help the customer out.
Pros
profit sharing, medical insurance allowed to join community clubs
Terrific learning opportunity
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Worked with annuities, insurance, 401K. Able to learn quite a bit about the financial industry and third-party administrators.
An enjoyable and interesting place to work with lots to learn.
Teller, Statement Processsor, Inclearing processor (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAApril 9, 2013
Working at First Financial was an unforgettable experience, the manager at the Thorndale Branch advanced my skills in banking by putting me in charge of accounting for all Travelers Checks. I was also asked to help with balancing the main vault.
My co-workers were some of the nicest people, and I still try to maintain contact with a few, but it is very difficult as I am now working third shift. One of the most enjoyable parts was when the branch manager in Frazer bribed me with a huge chocolate chip cookie because she wanted me to stay on in Frazer.
Being one of the few tellers to understand certified checks, I took pleasure in training other tellers how they were created and how they operated. As an Inclearing Processor, I found it interesting to balance the account.
Reconciling the general ledger for all incoming checks was one of the most challenging and enjoyable jobs I've ever had. Other employee's said that they did not get it, and hated doing it. When I finally made sense of it, it became the bright spot in my day to see how quickly I could get it balanced, making sure that all the necessary details were included. Training others to reconcile the general ledger was a challenging and rewarding experience.
Good place to work, if not for lack of work.
Member Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 10, 2014
I worked for First Fjinancial headquarters in West Covina. Again I did a variety of back office functions from payroll deductions, change of address, VOS's, ect. Great supervisors and great co-workers to work with.
Pros
again not to far from home
Cons
lack of work
Not for me.
collection agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2014
They expect u to be very rude to customers. I didn't like it much, only because I'm never rude to people.
Pros
hours
Cons
rudeness
Great Place to Work in
Teller (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 17, 2014
Check my cash box
organized my desk/window
help customers with different cash or finanacial transactions
throught outh the day
finish the day balancing out 100%
Pros
emoployees discount, hours are great
Cons
there will be a time of pressure and angry customers
terrible enviornment, petty behavior by managers.
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2013
My first 3 months were lovely, then the real set in. I was picked on, singled out, and lied upon many times til they decided to lay me off.
Money Room
Collector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2013
The environment made the company very laid back do your job kind of place ..That to me made it a money room
Pros
they played alot of games .money prize games
Cons
short breaks
Great location
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2012
The company is okay to work for to get on your feet. The work is easy. Company needs to work on communication skills.
Banking
Teller (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 17, 2013
The average day of a teller: counting money, cashing checks, making deposits and so forth. Each day one could expect to preform these tasks over and over without fail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9