First Guaranty Bank

First Guaranty Bank Employee Reviews

Manager needs to go
Resource Associate - teller (Former Employee), Kentwood, LAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers & customers, benefits
Cons: MANAGER
I worked at FGB over a year with two different branches and I have to say not all are the same, but Kentwood has to be the worst. My co-workers were great and customers were sweet! Management however is another problem, she belittles you and will put you down making you feel bad about yourself. She has done this to a few of us so far. She is always forgetful, never wants you to take your vacation or anything! She is late everyday almost. She also told me if I was to ever leave FGB, that I would never find another job because she would make sure of it. FGB is not a terrible bank to work for I loved it, but they really need to find another manager for the Kentwood branch.
Great Opportunity to learn finance and accounting.
Financial Analyst Intern (Current Employee), Hammond, LAMarch 4, 2015
Great Opportunity to learn finance and accounting. Helpful Coworkers. Great Management. Management is always open to help you.
Interested in joining the IT department?
Systems Administrator III (Former Employee), Hammond, LaFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: employees that i met in different departments were very nice. the it team is great
Cons: tons of cons. read the description!
They cannot give you enough money to work in IT. You will never be able to implement a structured environment due to alllllll the fingers inside the cookie jar.

The systems are for the most part JACKED UP meaning they have systems running the original RTM like sharepoint "never patched" which has a number of functions broken so you have to backdoor your way around.

The guy running IT is a good guy and knows the network but does not have what it takes to be a director or manager as he cannot enforce policies and allows other non tech employees administrative access to the core systems.

The non technical employe will make changes to user profiles without other "experienced" team members knowledge "jacking up the users profile" then forward the ticket to you saying you need to get this fixed. You then have to figure out what the yoyo did to resolve then explain to the yoyo and report to your director who will again "not do anything"

You are to provide an HA environment without having the proper licensing, hardware or money. They share the same esx license between sites so SRM isn't an option. They use backup exec so you cannot replicate. Are you wondering what they have for HA?

San copies only

My first 3 days on the job the exchange server died. My assessment for the site took a week to complete and I found 4 pages of issues to resolve along with exchange.

They have zero maintenance schedules and tend to make changes to the phone, systems and network during business hours which shuts branch offices down and causes site interruptions.

I've never seen a business run this – more... way let alone a bank of all places. Thankfully they have a great backup tape rotation but I am shocked that they are permitted to run the bank with IT being ran so backwards.

I tried to do what I was hired to do. Experienced major roadblocks and received zero support from the IT director "but he will be your pal and drink with you"

Wasted my time so I know you will just waste your time and have nothing my headaches. – less
Fantastic job and atmosphere, great employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Entered data for vital information for bank
Managed multi-lined phones
Process client files and schedule appointments
Handles various bookkeeping duties
Maintain/run office in managers/supervisors absence
poor
Bank Operations Manager Trained staff (Former Employee), Benton, LAJanuary 29, 2014
Cons: no management support
Pay little, and give no responsibility.. Management does not support their managers and often create controversy
Company review
Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: treats employee's as family, good employee banking services
Cons: very strict dress code, weekly monday morning meetings.
Customer service driven company that treats clients as well as employee's as family. High overall customer satisfaction based on many years in the banking industry. Highly motivated to become #1 customer chosen banking center.
Great company
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: work environment was like a small family
Cons: company downsizing because of economy
My typical day at First Guaranty was that of a leader...I enjoyed motivating my teller staff and lead my example. The enjoyable part of my job was the compensation and recgonition to me and my teller team for achieving sales goals at monthly meetings.
my boss was really good to work for. always had paid holidays
Collections (Former Employee), Hammond, LAAugust 23, 2012
Pros: great work environment
Cons: not much compensation
• Assist Supervisor in the collection and repossession of
bank assets
• Typed and sent out collection letters
• Managed all files related to the collection process
Nice place to work
Clerical/Bookkeeping (Former Employee), Hammond, LAJuly 10, 2012
Pros: assigned job duties, clean
Cons: college students that did not want to work
Everyone had their assigned job duties.
Hired a lot of college students, training was a constant.
Can be one sided sometimes
CUSTOMER SERVICE/LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee), Kentwood, LAMay 8, 2012
make deposit; staff at local branch was great; higher management was tend to cater to white people
enjoyed the 10 key
Proof Operator (Former Employee), Hammond, LAApril 10, 2012
Pros: the people were good
Cons: not enough money for what i did
enjoyed getting faster at my job and being accurate at what i did.