First Guaranty Bank Employee Reviews

Pleaseant corporate environment
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 21, 2017
First Guaranty Bank was a well-organized, well-run, commercial bank. The bank had experienced capital difficulties in the years prior to my employment with them. I enjoyed the challenges that the bank presented, and was ultimately successful at doubling net income two straight years while I was employed there.
Productive and relaxed work place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Independence, LAAugust 8, 2017
Great work environment I learned a lot about cash handling and organizing/filling out various forms of paper work. I became skilled in answering phones and helping customers with questions and concerns to the best of my ability.
Good company to work for
Employee (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMay 23, 2017
First Guaranty Bank has been a good company to work for. They also offer a good benefits packages. Medical, vision, dental, 401k, as well as a health savings plan.
Good Place to Work
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAMarch 6, 2017
This company is very family oriented and good people to work with. Good advancement within the company, very involved in the community. They give back in the surrounding companies that they are in.
Great atmosphere and wonderful coworkers
Construction and Special Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Ponchatoula, LADecember 14, 2016
Having no experience in banking, First Guaranty Bank became a surprise opportunity for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed learning this industry and working with these people. If you are in any sector of banking, I definitely recommend FGB.
great customers horrible bosses
Teller (Current Employee) –  Independence, LAApril 6, 2016
Absolute horrible com[any to work for. You barely make minimum wage and have to deal with a lot. Bosses are always late and leaves the branch atleast 3 times a day. Does not care about employees.
Pros
great customer
Cons
no training horrible pay
Great Place Great People
Resource Associate/Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Vivian, LAFebruary 3, 2016
I love working here and I love the company and my coworkers. The only drawback is that it is not close enough to my home. I would love it if there were branches closer to my home.
Electronic Specialist
Electronic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LADecember 21, 2015
I enjoyed my work completely. I loved my customers and loved working with my co workers. See resume for daily duties. The management was awful and the micro managing was unbearable.
Customers
Resource Associate I (Current Employee) –  Ponchatoula, LAAugust 24, 2015
Everyday I look forward to helping my customer with a fast, fun and friendly smile. I find myself learning more ad more about the different products that customers need by promoting them with the best service that they need.
worst manager I ever had
ops (Former Employee) –  hammondJuly 21, 2015
Loans review, audit, corrections, working with lenders daily to ensure quality loans. Working with collateral and proper coverage pretty much making sure lenders are doing their jobs.
Pros
hours, nice people, nice president
Cons
No training, left on your own to learn, management has horrible people skills, low pay for work and responsibilities
Great place
Network and Systems Administration Intern (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 3, 2015
People there are highly experience and respectable. Very well put together organization
I learned a lot about how the infrastructure works at a bank. its extremely intense
Manager needs to go
Resource Associate - teller (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, LAMarch 15, 2015
I worked at FGB over a year with two different branches and I have to say not all are the same, but Kentwood has to be the worst. My co-workers were great and customers were sweet! Management however is another problem, she belittles you and will put you down making you feel bad about yourself. She has done this to a few of us so far. She is always forgetful, never wants you to take your vacation or anything! She is late everyday almost. She also told me if I was to ever leave FGB, that I would never find another job because she would make sure of it. FGB is not a terrible bank to work for I loved it, but they really need to find another manager for the Kentwood branch.
Pros
Friendly co-workers & customers, benefits
Cons
Manager
Great Opportunity to learn finance and accounting.
Financial Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAMarch 4, 2015
Great Opportunity to learn finance and accounting. Helpful Coworkers. Great Management. Management is always open to help you.
Interested in joining the IT department?
Systems Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LaFebruary 16, 2015
They cannot give you enough money to work in IT. You will never be able to implement a structured environment due to alllllll the fingers inside the cookie jar.

The systems are for the most part JACKED UP meaning they have systems running the original RTM like sharepoint "never patched" which has a number of functions broken so you have to backdoor your way around.

The guy running IT is a good guy and knows the network but does not have what it takes to be a director or manager as he cannot enforce policies and allows other non tech employees administrative access to the core systems.

The non technical employe will make changes to user profiles without other "experienced" team members knowledge "jacking up the users profile" then forward the ticket to you saying you need to get this fixed. You then have to figure out what the yoyo did to resolve then explain to the yoyo and report to your director who will again "not do anything"

You are to provide an HA environment without having the proper licensing, hardware or money. They share the same esx license between sites so SRM isn't an option. They use backup exec so you cannot replicate. Are you wondering what they have for HA?

San copies only

My first 3 days on the job the exchange server died. My assessment for the site took a week to complete and I found 4 pages of issues to resolve along with exchange.

They have zero maintenance schedules and tend to make changes to the phone, systems and network during business hours which shuts branch offices down and causes site interruptions.

I've never seen
  more... a business run this way let alone a bank of all places. Thankfully they have a great backup tape rotation but I am shocked that they are permitted to run the bank with IT being ran so backwards.

I tried to do what I was hired to do. Experienced major roadblocks and received zero support from the IT director "but he will be your pal and drink with you"

Wasted my time so I know you will just waste your time and have nothing my headaches.
Pros
Employees that I met in different departments were very nice. The IT team is great
Cons
Tons of cons. Read the description!
Fantastic job and atmosphere, great employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Entered data for vital information for bank
Managed multi-lined phones
Process client files and schedule appointments
Handles various bookkeeping duties
Maintain/run office in managers/supervisors absence
poor
Bank Operations Manager Trained staff (Former Employee) –  Benton, LAJanuary 29, 2014
Pay little, and give no responsibility.. Management does not support their managers and often create controversy
Pros
Cons
No management support
Company review
Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Customer service driven company that treats clients as well as employee's as family. High overall customer satisfaction based on many years in the banking industry. Highly motivated to become #1 customer chosen banking center.
Pros
treats employee's as family, good employee banking services
Cons
very strict dress code, weekly monday morning meetings.
Great company
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 9, 2012
My typical day at First Guaranty was that of a leader...I enjoyed motivating my teller staff and lead my example. The enjoyable part of my job was the compensation and recgonition to me and my teller team for achieving sales goals at monthly meetings.
Pros
work environment was like a small family
Cons
company downsizing because of economy
my boss was really good to work for. always had paid holidays
Collections (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAAugust 23, 2012
• Assist Supervisor in the collection and repossession of
bank assets
• Typed and sent out collection letters
• Managed all files related to the collection process
Pros
great work environment
Cons
not much compensation
Nice place to work
Clerical/Bookkeeping (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 10, 2012
Everyone had their assigned job duties.
Hired a lot of college students, training was a constant.
Pros
assigned job duties, clean
Cons
college students that did not want to work