First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Above average review. Met & exceeded expectations
2nd Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 7, 2017
My work productivity & quality was excellent. Hard worker worked many hours of overtime, very dependable, reliable. I'm a self-starter work well with others
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Typically day
Remote underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 3, 2017
You are getting pressure to approve loans. The loans come through that havent been processed. Management is never available when you reach out to sales or management you fell like you are on an island by yourself.
Pros
Bonus
Growing Pains
Manager (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 23, 2017
An aspirational employee-first company, whose rapid increase in scope and headcount has led to the types of growing pains one can expect. Expect things to change on the fly and to have an opportunity to influence decisions on a regular basis.
First Guaranty Mortgage
Loan Originator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 12, 2017
Not much of a work culture, there is very little to no comradery across levels. Clear distinction in pay levels, and continues to add responsibilities to job outside of job description with no further compensation or benefit
Great place towork
SR Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 8, 2017
I have been here for only a few months and i love coming to work everyday. Upper management is great and open to talk to. All over great place to work. Very Happy they gave a an opportunity to work with them.
Productive & Busy
Account Manager/Senior Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 20, 2017
First Guaranty Mortgage seemed to grow overnight! I worked here 3 different times & each time was a good experience. The company has done very well for itself.
Branch Loan Processor
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLFebruary 11, 2017
The Corporate office was great to work with. Branch Management poor. Temporary to permanent position. Closed branch office due to lack of business, prior to market crash.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Business was slow
Not a good place to work
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 30, 2016
No official training, just a lot of blame.
Favoritism and remote work only for those individuals
Management is rude, and will pretend you are invisible.
Do not waste your time or reputation on this company. Its not worth it
Pros
Some people especially IT were cool
Cons
Compensation vs benefits, management, no training
Unprofessional place to work
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2016
Company itself is okay. No dress code, manager used profanity and uptight, no meetings only per email needing acknowledgment from the employee. Expectations unrealistic. No team player atmosphere. I liked my coworkers and working in a smaller office. The program used needs some tweaking, and the availability to contact other departments without having to keep your manager in the loop all the time would create a more independent feeling for the employee. I learned after working here I need to get out of the mortgage industry altogether.
Pros
Free lunches, overtime
Cons
Benefits, no HR in the office, no upper management to control the office environment, unprofessional, allowed people to speak in words that would offend others ie. racism and s*xual harrassment
Typical Day
System Support Analyst - Helpdesk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 9, 2016
functions regularly.
• Designed tools, reports, charts and graphs for senior management to provide ongoing, at-a-glance summaries of project status and application prototype performance.
• Provided training to users of a new system - Microsoft 365, Evernote, iOS and HP operating systems, devices and tablet computers
• Resolved helpdesk service calls using documented procedures, planned and worked flexibly to a deadline.
• Translated client requirements into highly specified project briefs
Pros
people
Cons
Professional front, but very unprofessional
Builder Liaison / Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 11, 2016
Brought in for one position then transferred without no say to another that I had little training for.
Most advancements were friends and family.
The IT group was amazing!
Pros
Located in Frederick & IT group
Cons
Unprofessional
LOTS of room to Grow
account manager (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 20, 2015
I love my position at FGMC, it's a fast growing company so your future is endless !! Management is awesome and their open door policy and willingness to help where they can is fantastic. I can say that I agree, they need more training, but in a fast growing company, this is an issue that is being looked at..
Pros
Learning all aspects of the business, working from home, awesome coworkers
Cons
Healthcare cost are TOO high, needs better training
Challenging Environment
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 13, 2015
They pay well especially when overtime is available but have unrealistic production expectations for challenging loans that take additional time.

When volume is higher or when PTO is taken you are still expected to meet SLA regardless of the number of files.
Pros
Working at Home
Cons
Written up for human error or not meeting production expectations
If you like to be micromanaged this is the place for you
Correspondent Underwriter (Remote) (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 6, 2015
The management is very unorganized. It was a very difficult place to work. Conflicting information was given daily. Only redeeming quality was the ability to work remote from home.
Regretting it
Underwriter/Processor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 20, 2014
Management praised me on how well I was doing, what an asset I was to the company, and thanked me for sticking with them. All this and when I refused to approve a loan that had confirmed fraud on it, I was fired. All they want are puppets.
Pros
I thought there were pros, but there was nothing but lies
Cons
They will chew you up and spit you out if you have a conscious, There will be no warning and no severance. They also claim to have training, but no one knows the answer to anything.
Enjoyable time
Product Manager/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 6, 2014
I enjoyed working at this job. I learned a lot about managing.
This business was too small to survive against bigger companies.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 2, 2014
This company wasn't stable enough to provide employees with the tools to succeed. I learned that your co-workers could be your best source of needed information to do your job.
Nice place to work
Retail DE Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 21, 2014
Good employer to work for, one of the best mortgage companies I have ever worked for
Mortgage Company
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 9, 2012
Had to move, that's why I left. The people were nice to work with and the hours are flexible.
good place to work
Post Closer Assistant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 1, 2012
good place to work, few advancement opportunities, but good people to work with.
Pros
continued education webinars
Cons
few advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8