First Hawaiian Bank Employee Reviews

Productive, great co-workers, workout gym onsite
Data Security Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 14, 2017
Enjoyed the working with other employees

The work was slow paced and pay was very low compare to market rate.

Management was very old school thinking
Pros
onsite gym and cafeteria
Cons
slow pace
Great branch and management
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HINovember 9, 2017
Branch location and management was a plus. Loved my supervisors and manager and some of employees. Up beat of amtospehere when no drama going on. Some were to childish for the job I believed. Loved the set Monday thru Friday schedules and half day on some Saturdays. I got to learned a number of bank operations such as personal and business loans. The job responsibilities and duties were not hard as long as you get the hang of it. The hardest part of the job is when your doing all you can to help the customers and they are talking to you like they know your job when in fact they have no clue.
Pros
dress down and free lunches on Fridays
Cons
pay
Good
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 23, 2017
Great company to work in. Like every company there is good and bad. Wish pay was better for the work we do. Good values and I like how they give back to the community
love to work this place. My family relocated to California .
Microfilm/Microfiche Retrieval Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HawaiiOctober 22, 2017
This was my job in Hawaii . I researched and reproduced documents from Microfilm/ Microfiche requests from various branches and departments. Retrieved, refiled and transferred microfilm / microfiche into proper storage catalogs and film boxes . Answers phones and responded to inquires .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
n/a
Pros and Cons
Bank teller/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 19, 2017
- Good benefits: 401K, health, dental, vision, vacation/sick leave, financial advice, good interest rates, and more
- Lack of ability to advance
- Nice coworkers
great place to work
Personal banker (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 10, 2017
I love working at FHB. Everyone is my family and we work well together. I learn a lot everyday and I have very supportive coworkers and managers. The hardest part is leaving at the end of the day.
Teller and customer service
Bank Teller (Customer Service) (Former Employee) –  Waimea, HIOctober 1, 2017
Deposit and withdrawals transactions. Credit card application, Insurance. Merchant teller dealt with large transactions of deposits. Preparation for tilt for companies. Coins supply for large store such as super market.
Pros
Meet a lot of people
Cons
Mistakes can cause loss for company
Great workplace
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 26, 2017
If you are looking to move forward and are driven you can move up.
Great managers. Accuracy is very important. Going above and beyond for the customers is a must.
Strong company with great benefits
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  GuamSeptember 25, 2017
Strong company with good pay, great benefits, and job security. Current public offering, staff shortages, and general industry challenges result in a high-stress environment making it challenging to maintain a healthy work/life balance. With the move to a public company, the corporate culture is experiencing a shift.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, job security.
Cons
Highly stressful, understaffed, currently going through public offering resulting in corporate culture changes.
Productive and friendly enviroment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 22, 2017
Entered all New and change of address application daily.
Management was awesome always helpful and understanding
Friendly and family like surrounding
What I enjoyed most was challenging myself to complete all my work before leaving for the day
Great company
Exchange/Collection Teller (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 24, 2017
As my first banking experience...I was very thankful for the company in giving me the opportunity to work with them. They fully train you in all aspects of the job. After 6 months of employment I was trusted to train incoming tellers and was assigned to multi task in other areas such as wire transfers, collections & currency exchange. It was fun learning new things but I didn't mind it being very past faced at all. Regretfully when it came time for me to be offered a promotion we were already in the processes of relocating. I know in my heart that if not for that I will still be in the company until now...they really made me feel like "Ohana" (family). Management were encouraging me to stay on because they wanted to see me advance & grow with the company. Truly Best place for me to be at....
Pros
very family oriented workplace
Cons
none at all
Its a good place to work at if your wanting the weekends off.
MPC TELLER (Current Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIAugust 20, 2017
Everyone there is friendly and I get along with most of them. There are a lot of turn overs because the pay isn't that much to support most of everyday needs... Overall we have a great Manager and supervisors! I would love to stay at the stable job but I'm double think ok ng on my pay rate...
Pros
Part time workers receive full time benefits with medical and dental, etc...
Cons
The pay could be a little higher so that there wont be to much turn overs with employees
Good
AVP & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 17, 2017
Worked there for years. Not the same as before when the good ol boys were running the show. Still ok though. They do offer decent benefits and health benefits are good too
High Stress with Helpful and nice staff.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HI 96732August 8, 2017
The staff is very supportive and helpful. Dont make mistakes or else you will hear a long discussion of protocols. Rate is too low for the job they require and demand. You will learn how to have a backbone because customers (some) are rude and demanding and they will belittle you. Some customers are extra nice. The staff are nice!
Pros
Staff are nice and helpful.
Cons
Company prohibits overtime. Rate is too low for the job. Customers can get rude and belittle you.
Overall review
Wealth Management Advisor 401K (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 11, 2017
Company seems to be well behind competitors with regards to technology. Focus should be more customer centric. Account costs seem to be on the high side.
Pros
Good place to work if you know someone
Cons
Salary is well below what the mainland pays while cola is substantially higher.
Great Employer
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 24, 2017
A great company that feels like ohana. They provide excellent benefits from wellness and health, retirement, employee discounts, and rallies employees with great motivation.
Unpaid Internship
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 13, 2017
My experience was strictly for educational purposes. I learned a great bit about the inner workings of the bank during my time there. Management really shows that they care for their customers.
Great way to interact with customer
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2017
Great atmosphere. You have your regular customers who you get to build relationships with. My coworkers were great. Fridays are always a challenge because we close on the weekends
It's okay
Teller (Former Employee) –  Maui County, HIApril 20, 2017
Learned a lot of differences on different type of loans, The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to know each and every different customers you deal with.
Great Company to Work for
Online Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 19, 2017
FHB was great about taking care of its employees. Great benefit options. FHB was always willing to try to work with you when time off was needed or situations arose that kept you out of work.