First Hawaiian Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Call Center-
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 22, 2016
This department is unorganized, systems and processes are antiquated. The appearance is drab and unsanitary. Dirty carpets and old desks. Outdated banking materials . Low pay raises. Extreme micromanagement, agents are treated unfairly and poorly. Extreme nepotism
Pros
The people you meet
Cons
Micromanaging, low pay & pay raises, little room for growth .
Great Benefits and a good place to begin a career.
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 19, 2016
Co-Workers are fun and know how to have a enjoyable time at work. Work load is for the most part reasonable. Work Culture is laid back.
Cons
Not many opportunites for advancement.
One Team Philosophy Intact
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 22, 2015
With many Iolani alumni working at this company, the One Team philosophy resonates through everything that goes on in this company.

Compensation benefits are amazing such as cheaper health insurance, vision, dental, etc. and discounts on phone plans, bus passes, movie tickets, etc. I just wished the actual income would be a little higher than it is right now.

Working for this company really changes your value of money. I am HAPPY to work for such a wonderful company and many wonderful employees... It's tough when, at the end of the day, you have limited resources to support your loved ones when you go home. The dilemma between a positive environment and higher pay couldn't be any more realized than when working for FHB, or at least in my opinion. And the fact that yearly increases are smaller than inflation really challenges my patience.
Pros
Best Company, great employees, better benefits
Cons
Pay Rate
Awesome place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 9, 2016
First Hawaiian gives great benefits and the atmosphere of the branches are great as well. Continuos benefits and great co-workers.
Good company to work for
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2016
Pretty good company to work for, have a lot of fun, and pretty good culture.
Management is really good,
HR are a bit conservative in their approach, they still have a traditional way to do things.
Friday pot lucks
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kamuela, HIJanuary 28, 2016
Also a fun day at FHB, some days more challenging than others. Consistent work ethic throughout the company. Sting management at branch, always willing to answer any questions.
Great people to work with.
Receptionist for the Executive Office (Former Employee) –  999 Bishop StreetNovember 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the clients and greeting everyone that comes in. Also I love working with everyone. We also get treated to free breakfast in the morning to start our day off in the right direction.
I learned a lot working in the department where I work before...
Consumer Loan Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 3, 2015
Lot's of work which I like but the only problem it's me. Since I love to work, I don't know how to balance between my personal life and work. It cause trouble in my personal life so I need to leaved. We have a lot of overtime, so it's like you have full time and part time job. Sometimes we have a mandatory work for Saturday or Sunday.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
you need to know how to balance....
Very caring company; values its employees.
Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 8, 2015
Company is committed to its employees and created a corporate culture that values work/life balance, and includes offering great benefits. There is no surprise why the company is among the best places to work.
Teller duties and excelled (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIAugust 24, 2015
This is where I learned how to be a good teller and culturally diverse. The settings and bank was as beautiful as the people that worked there. I trusted that I was lead into the right direction because of the longevity of FHB employees.
Environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Maui, HawaiiJuly 13, 2015
FHB is an excellent company to work with. Everyone is very friendly and willing to assist you when needed. Workers are like a family and everything that goes on in the company is to help benefit there customers.
Pros
Free lunches every friday, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers
Cons
nothing
great comapny to work for
Customer Service Representative/ Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 15, 2015
gives chance to move up in the company. Allows employee to make monthly sales goal for bonuses. Everyone got along great.
Best place I have ever worked at
IT Infrastructure End User Support (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 24, 2015
Work didn't feel like work. I enjoyed who I worked with mostly, had the most amazing boss anyone could ask for and I worked for a great department with great co-workers. What's also great about this bank is the amount of care the company has for the community. It involved us to make donations to charities, donate blood and encouraged us live a healthy and active lifestyle.

We didn't have the best equipment in the bank, but we were able to make do with what we had. The only hard part about working for the bank was the organization with other departments. It was hard to find out who handled what in other areas. The pay wasn't too great, but it was enough to let me get by.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind working for this company again.
Pros
Great Boss, Most Employees were nice, benefits
Cons
Pay
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 29, 2015
First Hawaiian bank is a great company to work for they offer great benefits, they have great management, and very friendly co-workers
Excellent company rooted in local values.
Senior Wealth Officer/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Maui RegionMarch 27, 2015
This company is committed to leading the State in market share, and has done so for decades. Largely because they maintain a very strong culture, that is consistently communicated to staff.
Pros
strong culture
Cons
little room for out of the box thinking
First Hawaiian Bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wahiawā, HIApril 15, 2015
I worked part time for FHB, but the majority of my day was spent in my cube, and taking in any types of transactions (withdrawals, deposits, payments, etc.) The most difficult part of this position was management, and the best part was the professionalism of the position.
Efficient, Welcoming, and Warm
Assistant Item Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 11, 2013
A typical day at work can be characterized as a structured sprint towards quickly approaching, daily deadlines while keeping the utmost care in accuracy. Everyone (in Items Processing) are assigned specialized tasks but are able to fill in for each other. Also, everyone is knowledgable and willing to help. Management is very adaptive and quick to "put out fires".

I loved the challenge, I loved the responsibility of an entire bank's end of day operations in my hands.

In all honesty, although I was released I do wish to return to First Hawaiian Bank.
Totally awesome work place. best job i have ever held.
Vestibule Clerk-Payroll (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 24, 2012
I loved working at this bank. all co workers and personnel was totally aweome. they took care of me and was always helping me progress in my work ethics. loved working with them and all we shared as a company. even the ceo wud be mindful of me.he wud come see me at my job post. dreaded to leave the place when i did.. but will always have fond memories there. great place!
Pros
hot lunch cafeteria, freindly work place, loving peolpe to work with.
Cons
when work was over that day.
Productive and effcient evnironment
HI-Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 10, 2012
I was very happy at First Hawaiian Bank for the 10 years that I was employed there. My day consisted of all phases administrative work. While employed there I learned alot about the financial industry from the inside. I only left First Hawaiian Bank for what I thought was a better opportunity in location and upward financial mobility.
Pros
exercise center and caferteria on site
Cons
pay wage was lower for comparable positions
First Hawaiian Bank is a very nice and caring place to work. My managers are very helpful and always available to assist.
Account Service Representaive (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 29, 2012
We do have a Gym in the building with zumba classes, and other classes available to us. My typical day at work is getting thru my audit journals, letters and assisting branches wih some rush orders as requested. We learn somethig new everyday as a new situation occurs. My coworkers are like my second family. The hardest part of my job would be audit deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my job would be making our customer happy and assisting them with a rush request and meeting that deadline.
Pros
we do have afford lunches $5 and mini pales at $3.50
Cons
pay raises. economy keeps going up and pay raise stays the same

4.3