First Hawaiian Bank Employee Reviews

Good bank to work for
Lender (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 15, 2017
As I like to say, a bank is a bank...so do not expect anything special out of working here. However, as a bank I will say that the work culture is way better than others that I have worked for, especially banks on the mainland. There are still goals, performance pressure, and suppressed annual raises (good luck at reaching the 3% max...just be happy if you get half of that even with the highest performance scores). The aloha spirit often comes through with the employee culture and management is very approachable and friendly. If you are in the banking industry (and want to stay in the banking industry), then I would not discourage you from seeking employment with First Hawaiian Bank. I am no longer in banking/financial advising, but if I ever do want to return to that career path then I will probably be applying to First Hawaiian Bank again.
Pros
Management culture and employee culture
Cons
Not that good of compensation
Call Center-
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 22, 2016
This department is unorganized, systems and processes are antiquated. The appearance is drab and unsanitary. Dirty carpets and old desks. Outdated banking materials . Low pay raises. Extreme micromanagement, agents are treated unfairly and poorly. Extreme nepotism
Pros
The people you meet
Cons
Micromanaging, low pay & pay raises, little room for growth .
Great Co Workers
Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 29, 2016
I've been working for first Hawaiian bank for 5 years. My co-workers that I've had over the years were great. The benefits are good, the discounts are good, but the pay is low and when you get promoted it's a low raise.
Pros
Great co workers, managers, and discounts
Cons
Low pay, low raises
Hard to please customers.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 5, 2016
Coming in to work and helping customers with their transactions wasn't the hardest part. Difficulties included customers receiving expedited and more thorough service at other banks. I learned to slow things down for customers and explaining the reasons, but many of them didn't want to listen or understand why First Hawaiian requires many of the customers to fill in their own information. I appreciated the management I worked with, but it wasn't helping pay the bills too much, especially when not living with family or parents
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Low pay for expectations.
It's been a great working experience at FHB.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 8, 2017
I learned so many things at FHB about professionalism,Technical work,documentation and other developed other job required skills. I would say FHB has best workplace culture.I enjoyed a lot and learned.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Flexible hours
great place to work.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  HonoluluNovember 7, 2016
Family's orientated. Very relational and care about their employees. I would recommend any friend or family to work here. Many job opportunities. Easy to move up or to a new position after 1 year.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, care
Cons
Clicks, of your new it can be tough to find your nitch
Customer Service with Aloha
REAL ESTATE CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 26, 2016
Answered multiple phone calls, answering customers questions, collecting mortgage loan payments, fees for documents requested by customers, etc.
We all worked as a team.
My Supervisor was very fair and good listener.
The hardest part was when a non-borrower person called to receive information about a loan and they are not listed as an authorized person.
My co-workers and I had a very close relationship with one another
in Hawaii we call that the Aloha Spirit, we care for everything and everyone around us.
Pros
Free coffee and purified water
Cons
N/A
Excellent Co-workers
Proof Operator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 24, 2016
I actually enjoy working there and am sorry to have to leave. I am not able to provide for myself or my family on the pay. I have learned so much regarding transaction processing and banking. My co-workers are fantastic and they are like my extended family. The management and supervisors I work with are very patient and helpful. The hardest part of my job will be having to leave....
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay and growth within the company is minimal
Good job opportunity and advancements
Bankcard Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kalihi, HISeptember 28, 2016
It is a good job, can be stressful but the people you work with make it worth all the while. Benefits are good, however the pay is not as on par as people hope it to be.
Productive and fun work place
Business/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  HISeptember 22, 2016
Productive and fun work environment with perfect work life balance.
One of the top rated organization for the best places to work in USA.

Want to know more about First Hawaiian Bank?

Ask a question
Great Benefits and a good place to begin a career.
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 19, 2016
Co-Workers are fun and know how to have a enjoyable time at work. Work load is for the most part reasonable. Work Culture is laid back.
Cons
Not many opportunites for advancement.
Awesome place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 9, 2016
First Hawaiian gives great benefits and the atmosphere of the branches are great as well. Continuos benefits and great co-workers.
Good company to work for
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2016
Pretty good company to work for, have a lot of fun, and pretty good culture.
Management is really good,
HR are a bit conservative in their approach, they still have a traditional way to do things.
One Team Philosophy Intact
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 22, 2015
With many Iolani alumni working at this company, the One Team philosophy resonates through everything that goes on in this company.

Compensation benefits are amazing such as cheaper health insurance, vision, dental, etc. and discounts on phone plans, bus passes, movie tickets, etc. I just wished the actual income would be a little higher than it is right now.

Working for this company really changes your value of money. I am HAPPY to work for such a wonderful company and many wonderful employees... It's tough when, at the end of the day, you have limited resources to support your loved ones when you go home. The dilemma between a positive environment and higher pay couldn't be any more realized than when working for FHB, or at least in my opinion. And the fact that yearly increases are smaller than inflation really challenges my patience.
Pros
Best Company, great employees, better benefits
Cons
Pay Rate
Very caring company; values its employees.
Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 8, 2015
Company is committed to its employees and created a corporate culture that values work/life balance, and includes offering great benefits. There is no surprise why the company is among the best places to work.
Favoritism plays big role
Part-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Aiea, HawaiiSeptember 6, 2012
I was working here for about 3 years when I felt that people who work hard get no where. Staff was always short so we always had to work harder. Managers never really cared about staff and yearly raises showed so. I felt like I was being treated by management very unfair and always picked on.
Pros
healthcare, lunches
Cons
management, pay raise, co-workers
First Hawaiian Bank is a very nice and caring place to work. My managers are very helpful and always available to assist.
Account Service Representaive (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 29, 2012
We do have a Gym in the building with zumba classes, and other classes available to us. My typical day at work is getting thru my audit journals, letters and assisting branches wih some rush orders as requested. We learn somethig new everyday as a new situation occurs. My coworkers are like my second family. The hardest part of my job would be audit deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my job would be making our customer happy and assisting them with a rush request and meeting that deadline.
Pros
we do have afford lunches $5 and mini pales at $3.50
Cons
pay raises. economy keeps going up and pay raise stays the same
not a family oriented job
Research Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 7, 2012
Everyone is in it for themselves...
only see in making money...
they dont care about your personal life and yet we have to respect managements personal life...
quick to call on your mistakes...
no team work...
no praises...
Friday pot lucks
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kamuela, HIJanuary 28, 2016
Also a fun day at FHB, some days more challenging than others. Consistent work ethic throughout the company. Sting management at branch, always willing to answer any questions.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 29, 2015
First Hawaiian bank is a great company to work for they offer great benefits, they have great management, and very friendly co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Hawaiian Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3