First Hawaiian Bank Employee Reviews

I learned a lot working in the department where I work before...
Consumer Loan Clerk III (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 3, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: you need to know how to balance....
Lot's of work which I like but the only problem it's me. Since I love to work, I don't know how to balance between my personal life and work. It cause trouble in my personal life so I need to leaved. We have a lot of overtime, so it's like you have full time and part time job. Sometimes we have a mandatory work for Saturday or Sunday.
Work as a team!
TELLER (Former Employee), Pearl City, HIMay 6, 2015
Working together as one and providing outstanding service, offer best products with quality service to current customers and new customers!
First Hawaiian Bank
Teller (Former Employee), Wahiawā, HIApril 15, 2015
I worked part time for FHB, but the majority of my day was spent in my cube, and taking in any types of transactions (withdrawals, deposits, payments, etc.) The most difficult part of this position was management, and the best part was the professionalism of the position.
Excellent company rooted in local values.
Senior Wealth Officer/Team Leader (Former Employee), Maui RegionMarch 27, 2015
Pros: strong culture
Cons: little room for out of the box thinking
This company is committed to leading the State in market share, and has done so for decades. Largely because they maintain a very strong culture, that is consistently communicated to staff.
Best place I have ever worked at
IT Infrastructure End User Support (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great Boss, Most Employees were nice, benefits
Cons: Pay
Work didn't feel like work. I enjoyed who I worked with mostly, had the most amazing boss anyone could ask for and I worked for a great department with great co-workers. What's also great about this bank is the amount of care the company has for the community. It involved us to make donations to charities, donate blood and encouraged us live a healthy and active lifestyle.

We didn't have the best equipment in the bank, but we were able to make do with what we had. The only hard part about working for the bank was the organization with other departments. It was hard to find out who handled what in other areas. The pay wasn't too great, but it was enough to let me get by.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind working for this company again.
Great environment
Remittance Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 5, 2015
Great place to work and benefits are awesome. There are many different positions to apply for. Just work hard and pay attention to detail and you'll do fine.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 26, 2015
Performs a variety of human resource support activities for assigned organizations. Receives, reviews, and processes personnel actions including processing arriving/departing personnel. Actions may include retirement applications and permanent changes of station; requisitions, assignments, deferments, and separations. Initiates or reviews documents for payments including requests for uniform allowances, retroactive pay, and pay adjustments due to promotion or increased longevity or for performance of training. Examines information contained in applications, statements of service, correspondence. Performs advancement and educational support activities and administers training requests.
Great work environment and lots to learn from the job
Planning and Recovery Analyst (Current Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 1, 2014
The company provides endless opportunities. It is a lot to learn, however everyone at work is very supportive and understanding. The people and endless possibilities here are what make this company and job good.
Highest Standards of Professionalism for the Community
Teller (Former Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 11, 2014
The successful history of the back matches it's professionalism, customer service and involvement with community.
meet our monthly goal ,we recieve extra insentive
Teller II (Former Employee), Waipahu, HIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: every end of the month bank provide free meal to all employee
Cons: every friday we have extra 15 minute break
management and co worker are very friendly ,best place to work.
challenging and beneficial experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Saipan, Oleai branchApril 9, 2014
All I can is I love working for this company and all my dedication is all I have to bring. one family, I love them all..
Job at First Hawaiian Bank
Account Service Rep/Consumer Loan Collection (Former Employee), Honolulu, HiMarch 29, 2014
Pros: relaxing job
Cons: can't live/start a life with that salary.
this job was relaxing, but don't pay must to live on; salary increases at about 2% - 2.5% a years. My salary was about 11.25 an hours; not a good paying job.
Productive and Fun, Many Advancements, On the Job training, Training courses
Account Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, people
Great people to work with. Fun Environment. Great Benefits. Many ways to advance. Great training courses.
Fast pace and everyone got along
Teller (Former Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 24, 2013
Pros: best people to work with.
Cons: don't really remember been so long.
First bank that hired me. I had a wonderful experience with all my trainers. Made you feel welcome. Miss working for that company.
Fun work-environment!
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Waipahu, HISeptember 15, 2013
Being a bank teller for this particular financial institution was very rewarding. The bank has a great reputation that allows you as an employer to be working there. I enjoyed working with everyone and learning new things daily.
Great fitness centers
Service Consultant (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 23, 2013
discounted parking.

call center environment.

24 hours availability.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kahului, HIJune 9, 2013
Pros: involved in community events
Cons: sometimes management leaned toward the local people more than people from the mainland.
First Hawaiian Bank reflected the "Aloha Spirit" of Hawaii with the employees as well as the customers. Usually friendly and accommodating for the local community and newcomers.
Efficient, Welcoming, and Warm
Assistant Item Processing Supervisor (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 11, 2013
A typical day at work can be characterized as a structured sprint towards quickly approaching, daily deadlines while keeping the utmost care in accuracy. Everyone (in Items Processing) are assigned specialized tasks but are able to fill in for each other. Also, everyone is knowledgable and willing to help. Management is very adaptive and quick to "put out fires".

I loved the challenge, I loved the responsibility of an entire bank's end of day operations in my hands.

In all honesty, although I was released I do wish to return to First Hawaiian Bank.
The best place to work and grow career.
Business Service Representative (Former Employee), Guam, USAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: lots of benefits and free fhb shirts
A typical day of work is marketing calls and meetings. I had a wonderful boss who supports and respects my marketing ideas. He acknowledges my accomplishment and try to groom me. I had wonderful co-workers who treated me like family. It's more of family oriented environment.
First Hawaiian
Teller (Former Employee), ‘Ewa Beach, HIJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches on fridays and very flexible/understanding management
Cons: commission
I loved everything about First Hawaiian to my work Ohana and the customers.