First Hawaiian Bank

First Hawaiian Bank Employer Reviews

challenging and beneficial experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Saipan, Oleai branchApril 9, 2014
All I can is I love working for this company and all my dedication is all I have to bring. one family, I love them all..
Job at First Hawaiian Bank
Account Service Rep/Consumer Loan Collection (Former Employee), Honolulu, HiMarch 29, 2014
Pros: relaxing job
Cons: can't live/start a life with that salary.
this job was relaxing, but don't pay must to live on; salary increases at about 2% - 2.5% a years. My salary was about 11.25 an hours; not a good paying job.
Productive and Fun, Many Advancements, On the Job training, Training courses
Account Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, people
Great people to work with. Fun Environment. Great Benefits. Many ways to advance. Great training courses.
Fast pace and everyone got along
Teller (Former Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 24, 2013
Pros: best people to work with.
Cons: don't really remember been so long.
First bank that hired me. I had a wonderful experience with all my trainers. Made you feel welcome. Miss working for that company.
Fun work-environment!
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Waipahu, HISeptember 15, 2013
Being a bank teller for this particular financial institution was very rewarding. The bank has a great reputation that allows you as an employer to be working there. I enjoyed working with everyone and learning new things daily.
Great fitness centers
Service Consultant (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 23, 2013
discounted parking.

call center environment.

24 hours availability.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kahului, HIJune 9, 2013
Pros: involved in community events
Cons: sometimes management leaned toward the local people more than people from the mainland.
First Hawaiian Bank reflected the "Aloha Spirit" of Hawaii with the employees as well as the customers. Usually friendly and accommodating for the local community and newcomers.
Efficient, Welcoming, and Warm
Assistant Item Processing Supervisor (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 11, 2013
A typical day at work can be characterized as a structured sprint towards quickly approaching, daily deadlines while keeping the utmost care in accuracy. Everyone (in Items Processing) are assigned specialized tasks but are able to fill in for each other. Also, everyone is knowledgable and willing to help. Management is very adaptive and quick to "put – more... out fires".

I loved the challenge, I loved the responsibility of an entire bank's end of day operations in my hands.

In all honesty, although I was released I do wish to return to First Hawaiian Bank. – less
The best place to work and grow career.
Business Service Representative (Former Employee), Guam, USAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: lots of benefits and free fhb shirts
A typical day of work is marketing calls and meetings. I had a wonderful boss who supports and respects my marketing ideas. He acknowledges my accomplishment and try to groom me. I had wonderful co-workers who treated me like family. It's more of family oriented environment.
First Hawaiian
Teller (Former Employee), ‘Ewa Beach, HIJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches on fridays and very flexible/understanding management
Cons: commission
I loved everything about First Hawaiian to my work Ohana and the customers.
Good place to work, compensation and room for advancement
Consumer Loan, Mortgage Servicing Receptionist (Former Employee), Honolulu, HawaiiNovember 26, 2012
Performed general banking duties, cash handling, documentation, heavy phones and customer service with attention to State and Federal mandates.
First Hawaiian Bank is a very nice and caring place to work. My managers are very helpful and always available to assist.
Account Service Representaive (Current Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 29, 2012
Pros: we do have afford lunches $5 and mini pales at $3.50
Cons: pay raises. economy keeps going up and pay raise stays the same
We do have a Gym in the building with zumba classes, and other classes available to us. My typical day at work is getting thru my audit journals, letters and assisting branches wih some rush orders as requested. We learn somethig new everyday as a new situation occurs. My coworkers are like my second family. The hardest part of my job would be audit – more... deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my job would be making our customer happy and assisting them with a rush request and meeting that deadline. – less
Favoritism plays big role
Part-time Teller (Former Employee), Aiea, HawaiiSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: healthcare, lunches
Cons: management, pay raise, co-workers
I was working here for about 3 years when I felt that people who work hard get no where. Staff was always short so we always had to work harder. Managers never really cared about staff and yearly raises showed so. I felt like I was being treated by management very unfair and always picked on.
Very strict organization
Senior Windows Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 3, 2012
Pros: people, onsite cafeteria
Cons: low pay
Good people, but as a bank, is adherent to banking regulation. Many processes sometimes hinder, or dictate, processes, and adds unneeded overhead to work
Productive and effcient evnironment
HI-Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 10, 2012
Pros: exercise center and caferteria on site
Cons: pay wage was lower for comparable positions
I was very happy at First Hawaiian Bank for the 10 years that I was employed there. My day consisted of all phases administrative work. While employed there I learned alot about the financial industry from the inside. I only left First Hawaiian Bank for what I thought was a better opportunity in location and upward financial mobility.
Very Competitive workplace.
Full service Bank Teller (Former Employee), 730 California Ave Wahiawa Hi 96786July 11, 2012
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: short of staff
First Hawaiian Bank is a very competitive place to work for but at the same time very enjoyable.
not a family oriented job
Research Clerk (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMay 7, 2012
Everyone is in it for themselves...
only see in making money...
they dont care about your personal life and yet we have to respect managements personal life...
quick to call on your mistakes...
no team work...
no praises...
Totally awesome work place. best job i have ever held.
Vestibule Clerk-Payroll (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 24, 2012
Pros: hot lunch cafeteria, freindly work place, loving peolpe to work with.
Cons: when work was over that day.
I loved working at this bank. all co workers and personnel was totally aweome. they took care of me and was always helping me progress in my work ethics. loved working with them and all we shared as a company. even the ceo wud be mindful of me.he wud come see me at my job post. dreaded to leave the place when i did.. but will always have fond memories – more... there. great place! – less
Good rapport with employees
LOAN PROCESSOR / INSURANCE CLERK (Former Employee), Hagatna, GuamMarch 22, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: politics
So much to learn and so little time, have good vibes with co- workers,
Good employees

About First Hawaiian Bank

First Hawaiian Bank is the oldest and largest bank on the archipelago. It is a subsidiary of BancWest, which in turn is owned – Read more