First Hawaiian Bank Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2016
Pretty good company to work for, have a lot of fun, and pretty good culture.
Management is really good,
HR are a bit conservative in their approach, they still have a traditional way to do things.
One Team Philosophy Intact
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 22, 2015
With many Iolani alumni working at this company, the One Team philosophy resonates through everything that goes on in this company.

Compensation benefits are amazing such as cheaper health insurance, vision, dental, etc. and discounts on phone plans, bus passes, movie tickets, etc. I just wished the actual income would be a little higher than it is right now.

Working for this company really changes your value of money. I am HAPPY to work for such a wonderful company and many wonderful employees... It's tough when, at the end of the day, you have limited resources to support your loved ones when you go home. The dilemma between a positive environment and higher pay couldn't be any more realized than when working for FHB, or at least in my opinion. And the fact that yearly increases are smaller than inflation really challenges my patience.
Pros
Best Company, great employees, better benefits
Cons
Pay Rate
Great people to work with.
Receptionist for the Executive Office (Former Employee) –  999 Bishop StreetNovember 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the clients and greeting everyone that comes in. Also I love working with everyone. We also get treated to free breakfast in the morning to start our day off in the right direction.
Very caring company; values its employees.
Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 8, 2015
Company is committed to its employees and created a corporate culture that values work/life balance, and includes offering great benefits. There is no surprise why the company is among the best places to work.
Teller duties and excelled (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIAugust 24, 2015
This is where I learned how to be a good teller and culturally diverse. The settings and bank was as beautiful as the people that worked there. I trusted that I was lead into the right direction because of the longevity of FHB employees.
great comapny to work for
Customer Service Representative/ Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 15, 2015
gives chance to move up in the company. Allows employee to make monthly sales goal for bonuses. Everyone got along great.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 29, 2015
First Hawaiian bank is a great company to work for they offer great benefits, they have great management, and very friendly co-workers
Environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Maui, HawaiiJuly 13, 2015
FHB is an excellent company to work with. Everyone is very friendly and willing to assist you when needed. Workers are like a family and everything that goes on in the company is to help benefit there customers.
Pros
Free lunches every friday, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers
Cons
nothing
I learned a lot working in the department where I work before...
Consumer Loan Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 3, 2015
Lot's of work which I like but the only problem it's me. Since I love to work, I don't know how to balance between my personal life and work. It cause trouble in my personal life so I need to leaved. We have a lot of overtime, so it's like you have full time and part time job. Sometimes we have a mandatory work for Saturday or Sunday.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
you need to know how to balance....
Work as a team!
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Pearl City, HIMay 6, 2015
Working together as one and providing outstanding service, offer best products with quality service to current customers and new customers!
First Hawaiian Bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wahiawā, HIApril 15, 2015
I worked part time for FHB, but the majority of my day was spent in my cube, and taking in any types of transactions (withdrawals, deposits, payments, etc.) The most difficult part of this position was management, and the best part was the professionalism of the position.
Excellent company rooted in local values.
Senior Wealth Officer/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Maui RegionMarch 27, 2015
This company is committed to leading the State in market share, and has done so for decades. Largely because they maintain a very strong culture, that is consistently communicated to staff.
Pros
strong culture
Cons
little room for out of the box thinking
Best place I have ever worked at
IT Infrastructure End User Support (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 24, 2015
Work didn't feel like work. I enjoyed who I worked with mostly, had the most amazing boss anyone could ask for and I worked for a great department with great co-workers. What's also great about this bank is the amount of care the company has for the community. It involved us to make donations to charities, donate blood and encouraged us live a healthy and active lifestyle.

We didn't have the best equipment in the bank, but we were able to make do with what we had. The only hard part about working for the bank was the organization with other departments. It was hard to find out who handled what in other areas. The pay wasn't too great, but it was enough to let me get by.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind working for this company again.
Pros
Great Boss, Most Employees were nice, benefits
Cons
Pay
Great environment
Remittance Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 5, 2015
Great place to work and benefits are awesome. There are many different positions to apply for. Just work hard and pay attention to detail and you'll do fine.
Great work environment and lots to learn from the job
Planning and Recovery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 1, 2014
The company provides endless opportunities. It is a lot to learn, however everyone at work is very supportive and understanding. The people and endless possibilities here are what make this company and job good.
Highest Standards of Professionalism for the Community
Teller (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 11, 2014
The successful history of the back matches it's professionalism, customer service and involvement with community.
meet our monthly goal ,we recieve extra insentive
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIAugust 20, 2014
management and co worker are very friendly ,best place to work.
Pros
every end of the month bank provide free meal to all employee
Cons
every friday we have extra 15 minute break
challenging and beneficial experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Saipan, Oleai branchApril 9, 2014
All I can is I love working for this company and all my dedication is all I have to bring. one family, I love them all..
Job at First Hawaiian Bank
Account Service Rep/Consumer Loan Collection (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HiMarch 29, 2014
this job was relaxing, but don't pay must to live on; salary increases at about 2% - 2.5% a years. My salary was about 11.25 an hours; not a good paying job.
Pros
relaxing job
Cons
can't live/start a life with that salary.
Productive and Fun, Many Advancements, On the Job training, Training courses
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 23, 2014
Great people to work with. Fun Environment. Great Benefits. Many ways to advance. Great training courses.
Pros
benefits, people

4.4