First Health of the Carolinas Employee Reviews

Fast pace. A lot of good people
Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 10, 2017
Even the job there is often very fast-paced, I enjoyed working there. There a lot of good professional among doctors and the tech staff. Salary could be a bit higher though.
Pros
Good professionals
Cons
Salary is a bit too low
Wonderful Company
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCSeptember 7, 2017
I worked over 20 years with this company and loved most days. Management was always willing to help when needed. This lab is a very busy place to work, but well worth the experience you receive in all areas. Team work is a must in this lab to ensure quick results for the patients.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Staffing
superviser was unprofessional
Communication Technician (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCAugust 27, 2017
had supervisor that was unaware of daily duties, was only an office manager, made help and advise non exsistant.
the working environment was very good though, non hostile
Work, work and more work
Outpatient Coding Specialist (ED) (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 26, 2017
Extremely lean staffing and forget about taking a holiday off. Heavy on upper management. Attitude about remote coders was "count yourself lucky to be allowed to work from home" - yet they would not provide computer, poor IS attitude toward remotes.
Great
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 24, 2017
Great place to work. Great atmosphere. Very professional. The people are very nice. Many opportunities to advance. Very great and enjoyed it. They are really great
Productive,multi-tasking
ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMay 26, 2017
Very busy, multi-tasking, never ending work. I learned so much in this part-time job. More hours than I needed with a full time job but I enjoyed it. I would go back with the right opportunity.
Pros
great co-workers, very helpful
Cons
too many hours for me, being pat-time it was hard to keep with the changes.
Productive work place with great teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMay 15, 2017
I would recommend this place to work.... great teamwork... great salary and awesome managers. If you plan on going back to school they will work with your schedule.
poor job, health care, respect all horrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJanuary 9, 2017
not a great job if your not a nurse or a doctor , most are rude and will look down on because you aren't a nurse or doctor they are very rude when talking to you and will talk to you as if you don't understand simple directions
The health system is nestled in a very nice community.
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJanuary 2, 2017
The health system is nestled in a very nice community. Has a very diverse group of employees and at Thanksgiving the administrative staff was very enthusiastic about serving the staff the Thanksgiving meal.
Pros
flexibility to transfer from department to department.
Cons
So many casual part timers that the waiting list is long.
Echo Tech (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCDecember 13, 2016
great place to work
great location
great staff and doctors
Overall a really noce place to work. Easy going relaxed environment. pay and benefits are good.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great company to work for
LAB SPECIALIST / HELPDESK (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJune 6, 2016
This was the best job I've had for many reasons. Every year employees were given a raise. The raises were typically anywhere between 2 and 4 percent depending on the employee's work quality throughout the year. The company offered many health insurance options including dental and optical if desired.
Managers cared about the employees they managed. They were always supportive when necessary. For instance, if I had to deal with an unruly person on a helpdesk call, my manager was able to protect me when I was unable to completely satisfy the individual.
The company listened to problems and complaints from both employees and customers (patients), and made changes to accommodate whenever possible.
It was a very relaxed environment which made for happy employees that, in turn, desired to improve their quality of work.
Pros
Employee appreciation gifts (vaccinations, bonuses, free meals, birthday gifts, and many more)
Cons
Slow to implement company improvements, but not unexpectedly slow
Fun place
Medication History Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJanuary 4, 2016
Great place to work. Only negative is that the salaries are not as competitive as they should be for the area. ED is a great place to learn new skills and grow.
Barn duties and horse duties
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCDecember 2, 2015
I took care of 12 horses and 21 acres daily. I loved this job. I learned lots and my horse sense grew and led me to other opportunities throughout the community.
Great experience
NA 2 (Tech) (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 2, 2015
Wonderful staff, horrible pay. Typical days at work are full of patient care. Management is awesome as well. They care about the team, more than the individual at time though.
Pros
Coworkers are AWESOME for the most part.
Cons
30 mins break in 12 hour shift. Pay is NOT competitive
team enviroment
Utility Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCAugust 5, 2015
made rounds on call rotating,taking care of hole hospital.Taking
care of all electrical plumbing mechanical power plant chiller hvac.
Pros
not hard work
Cons
micro managed employees
Not the best place to work
Behavioral Services Admin. Assistant/ Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 12, 2014
I don't want to slander any company that I have worked for but this entity had numerous internal problems. That make it difficult for someone who would like to make a career in a medical environment impossible.
Stressful work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCNovember 2, 2013
I dislike this job because they watch you all the time like you are a child. I cant do my work without having to look over my shoulder.they are considered with the wrong thing in the workplace instead of the right things
Pros
benifits
Cons
no positive support from supervisors
good
Server Engineer-Citrix Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCAugust 27, 2013
Manage 600 severs w/ 520 being virtual servers. Part of a six person team that manages over 300 clinical and non applications. Manage a 62 server Citrix Farm that consists of over 1500 users’ and152 various applications. Managed the Thin Client project which was rolled out to 100 patient rooms in the new heart hospital. Developed the standardized thin client image for the roll out of thin clients throughout the organization. In addition to Citrix, Perform Exchange Server 2003, Active Directory, Print Server, Blackberry, and remote user access support to Citrix duties. Interface with all levels of management. Led the Varrow project that will impact future application deployments. Work with Virtual Machine software, building of virtual servers, management of both physical and virtual servers. Management of the Citrix farm, application deployment, users’ configuration and also user support of Citrix. Hold weekly Citrix peer group meeting with directors and management to discover and resolve any issues that may present themselves. Deployment of the HP Device Manger server which manages the imaging and support of HP 5740 Thin clients. The server group manages over 600 servers that impact 7000 users. Work with Clinical Analysts on deployment of new applications and upgrades. Work with various McKesson applications, and work as support to those applications after hours. Team member in the transition to Cisco UCS blade server from our ESXI HP format, which will save some 80 percent space and reduce our current heat index. Transition will also give all of our virtual servers High  more... Availability, which assures against server crashes. see resume  less
Pros
great team
Cons
short staffed
Productive and wonderful people to work with.
Registration Services and Switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCJanuary 22, 2013
It was an intresting place to work, yet it could be a rewarding place to work.Very hectic at times and demanding. I had wonderful co-workers. The hardest part of the job was seeing people in pain and sick, and those that expired while they were there or either brought in that way and the families that come in and are upset. The most enjoyable part was being with my co-workers and having a good repore with them and us all working together as a team.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
working 3rd shift the breaks were not there like during the day on first.
Like helping people?
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCDecember 28, 2012
You have to like helping people, and enjoy being around people in general. Someone calls 911 because they are having a problem, not because the just want to....and it may not be convenient to you.....You are there for your patient...not the recognition or the glory......
Pros
flexible scheduling/ability to trade days of as needed
Cons
little to no sleep on an occasional 24 hr shift/very physical job