First Health of the Carolinas Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work
Behavioral Services Admin. Assistant/ Secretary (Former Employee), Pinehurst, NCOctober 12, 2014
I don't want to slander any company that I have worked for but this entity had numerous internal problems. That make it difficult for someone who would like to make a career in a medical environment impossible.
Stressful work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Pinehurst, NCNovember 2, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: no positive support from supervisors
I dislike this job because they watch you all the time like you are a child. I cant do my work without having to look over my shoulder.they are considered with the wrong thing in the workplace instead of the right things
good
Server Engineer-Citrix Administrator (Former Employee), Pinehurst, NCAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: short staffed
Manage 600 severs w/ 520 being virtual servers. Part of a six person team that manages over 300 clinical and non applications. Manage a 62 server Citrix Farm that consists of over 1500 users’ and152 various applications. Managed the Thin Client project which was rolled out to 100 patient rooms in the new heart hospital. Developed the standardized thin client image for the roll out of thin clients throughout – more... the organization. In addition to Citrix, Perform Exchange Server 2003, Active Directory, Print Server, Blackberry, and remote user access support to Citrix duties. Interface with all levels of management. Led the Varrow project that will impact future application deployments. Work with Virtual Machine software, building of virtual servers, management of both physical and virtual servers. Management of the Citrix farm, application deployment, users’ configuration and also user support of Citrix. Hold weekly Citrix peer group meeting with directors and management to discover and resolve any issues that may present themselves. Deployment of the HP Device Manger server which manages the imaging and support of HP 5740 Thin clients. The server group manages over 600 servers that impact 7000 users. Work with Clinical Analysts on deployment of new applications and upgrades. Work with various McKesson applications, and work as support to those applications after hours. Team member in the transition to Cisco UCS blade server from our ESXI HP format, which will save some 80 percent space and reduce our current heat index. Transition will also give all of our virtual servers High Availability, which assures against server crashes. see resume – less
Productive and wonderful people to work with.
Registration Services and Switchboard operator (Former Employee), Rockingham, NCJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: paid time off
Cons: working 3rd shift the breaks were not there like during the day on first.
It was an intresting place to work, yet it could be a rewarding place to work.Very hectic at times and demanding. I had wonderful co-workers. The hardest part of the job was seeing people in pain and sick, and those that expired while they were there or either brought in that way and the families that come in and are upset. The most enjoyable part was being with my co-workers and having a good repore with them and us all working together as a team.
Like helping people?
EMT-B (Former Employee), Pinehurst, NCDecember 28, 2012
Pros: flexible scheduling/ability to trade days of as needed
Cons: little to no sleep on an occasional 24 hr shift/very physical job
You have to like helping people, and enjoy being around people in general. Someone calls 911 because they are having a problem, not because the just want to....and it may not be convenient to you.....You are there for your patient...not the recognition or the glory......
I worked with a group of RNs, LPNs, and CNAs providing health care to patients.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Pinehurst, NCNovember 26, 2012
Pros: clean working enviroment, availablility of supplies, benefits, medical insuranace, lunch credits, ongoing education
Cons: increasing changes in workload
Patient care, socialization with co-workers,family members and patients were typical.
I learned many procedures, tests, iv medications, many different diseases, treatments and outcomes.
Charting was the hardest part of my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to make a difference in peoples life when they needed help.