First Horizon Home Loans

First Horizon Home Loans Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working for First Horizon and learned a lot about banking procedures and guidelines.
Receptionist, Office Manager & Loan Processor (Former Employee), Medford, ORApril 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for First Horizon and learned many new skills. Unfortunately when the market fell in 2005 my job hours got cut along with my pay. By 2006 my position as loan processor was eliminated.
Interesting and secure
First Link Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 3, 2015
This was probably one of the best jobs. They really care about their customers and advanced their empoyees as much as a rep worked for it.
Very positive workplace
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 1, 2015
Great place to work and build a career. Very good core values and company atmosphere......................................................................
Productive professional work environment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 29, 2014
I learned that I can work myself up from an entry position to be the best in the office....I worked hard and I earned my promotions and bonuses.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping first time homebuyers to purchase homes.
Poor company to work for
Operations and Underwriting Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 24, 2014
Cons: poor management; lots of favortism shown
There was always tension between the sales team and the operations group. Senior management chose to ignore the tension which created hard feelings, poor working conditions and the lack of enthusiasm in the office.
Mortgage Consultant
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 13, 2014
Designed mortgage programs to assist homebuyers. Good company to work for.
outsourced IT
AS400 System Engineer (Former Employee), irvingJuly 8, 2014
outsourced the IT department. no longer in business. great co workers
A Phone Job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 24, 2014
Pros: big kitchen
It's your typical phone job.
You do not get much time to talk to the people next to you or form many work relationships.
I really liked this company
Loan Closing Specialist (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: my manager, the location, the pay and my co workers
Cons: really
I can not recall who my manager was, but she really liked me and the work I did. I liked her and my fellow co-workers. The company was a great company to work for, even though it was a temporary job.

Even though this was a temporary job, my manager wanted to hire me full time, but I declined because I was still in college and did not want to take a full time, permanent job at that time.
Low pay
Teller (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 29, 2014
Low pay, Great employees. Long hours. System for data entry would break down often.
Great Corporation
Vice President, Network Operations (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 29, 2014
Demanding, but rewarding at the same time. Treated employee's fairly, and rewarded appropriately.
No opportunity for growth within this company
Teller, Retail Support Services (Former Employee), memphis, tnMarch 16, 2014
Pros: off & paid for holidays
Cons: management is not supportive, very little room for advancement.
What the company reps say about the culture during orientation looks good on paper and sounds good to the ears, but is not the true culture. Advancing from the retail to corporate side is nearly impossible, as much favortism is shown--it's more about who you know. This company does not value those who are trying to advance. Even though they encourage networking across the company, few, if any, will respond to "networking" attempts. Beware, especially if you are applying for a position on the Retail Support Services team! There is minimal chance for advancement; a large majority of tellers have been tellers for 5+ years, and are unhappy concerning failed attempts at advancing within the company.
Mortgage Default
Bankruptcy Specialist II (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: coworkers & workout facility
Cons: promotion
• Responsible for governing Chapter 7, 11, and 13 portfolios.
• Verified consent order terms, monitor pleadings and hearing dates.
• Processed relief on defaulted loans.
• Provided information to attorney's to comply with RESPA related issues.
• Corroborated terms and observe trustee compliance with Chapter 13 plan, retrieve PACER documents.
• Processed relief, discharge, and dismissal orders.
• Detailed research, problem solving, customer service, asset management, and quality assurance.
• Balanced payment histories, provide attorneys with detailed escrow breakdown, pre/post-petition payment histories, and corporate fee breakdown.
Everythign here was exceptional. Great management and experience
Producing Branch Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: mangement, employees, underwriting, processing
Cons: none.
Everyone here from the top to the very last clerk had a professional and customer service oriented attitude. Well educated and experienced, responsive to all suggestions and always accessible and in communication . Everything needed to be a great mortgage origination machine.
Great Company
Prime Regional Manager (Former Employee), Livermore, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros: environment, products, management
Cons: marketing
First Horizon was a great company to work for. Great environment and supportive management. They offered a great list of products and training for all employees.
Family oriented
Shipper II (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 22, 2013
Pros: a flexible schedule
Cons: long ride to work
First Horizon is a family oriented company. They treat there employees like family.
Company no longer around
Executive Aide II (Former Employee), Tustin, CAAugust 21, 2013
Loved everything about working here until my job ended involuntary due to reduction in workforce back in 2006. Since then, the company went out of business and the mortgage industry never quite bounced back.
A great place to work...
Mortgage Loan Servicing Analysis (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 20, 2013
Very flexible and supportive. Challenging yet friendly.

Everyone shoots straight and treats people with respect.
It was a good experience in the mortgage business.
Servicing Lead- Processed (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 8, 2013
I learned processes from various departments in the company. I was able to gain incite on the different loans, foreclosure and bancruptcy.
Fun to Work
Loss Mitigation Workout Specialist III (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 3, 2013
First Horizon was my first mortgage career. I loved the way they recognized when the job was well done and how always promoted/rewarded hard work. I started there as a customer service rep, one year later they promoted me to collections. After a year in collections, I then applied to loss mitigation and began may way to work up to a Loss Mitigation Supervisor.

About First Horizon Home Loans

First Horizon National Corporation is a premier financial services company with a long history of success and traditions dating – Read more

First Horizon Home Loans Salaries