First Horizon Home Loans Employee Reviews

Draw Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 23, 2017
This was a great place to work. Unfortunately, the office closed due to the housing market falling. They provided a great product to customers during the housing market boom.
Fun & productive
Forward Exceptions Investigation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 20, 2017
First Tennessee Horizon was an excellent place to work for.They cared about your whole being for you to be able to preform and produce your best quality of work.
Owned by a large bank
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I was hired to implement a Joint Venture strategy. The CEO loved the idea of JV's, however the bank lawyers thought it was to risky from a ESPA perspective, so it never got off the ground.
Pros
Well known and respected bank
Cons
No possible chance for advancement
Mortgage Banker
Executive Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 4, 2017
I worked there and enjoyed the job. However I worked there at the time that the Market was in trouble and banks even large banks such as this one was shutting down offices.
Their break room was the largest one I've ever seen
Loan Counselor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work. It was my very first job after I arrived in Dallas. I learned to monitor and place customer service calls. Management provided all the tools necessary to assist you in your job. The culture their was easy and relaxed. The hardest part of the job was being required to sit through most of the day. The most enjoyable part was being appreciated for your hard work ethic.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Confined work area
Fun and at times challenging place to work
ACCOUNT MANAGER - OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2017
Typical work day can be hectic at First Horizon. Learned project management, VPN technology, PBX installations and maintenance. Management was always fair. Workplace culture professional and diversified. Hardest part of the job the unknown. Most enjoyable when you delivered the solution to the end customer despite all odds.
Pros
Professional enviornment
Cons
At tiimes it seemed there your not enough hours in the day to get the work done.
Love the travel and meeting new people and the success and personal reward when opening new offices in each of the areas I traveled.
National Sales Manager- (VP) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 22, 2017
Interviewed Customer Service Representatives for new offices.
Trained mortgage loan officers on banking products offered.
Scheduled branch audits.
Loved my job....the rewards were very satisfying!
Fun place - great co workers
Technical Assistance Center (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 20, 2017
I took calls for computer issues. It included login, vpn access, application passwords, unable to access network, slow computer or computers that would not boot up and citrix issues . I learned a lot because technology always changes. The hard part of the job is when ypou fixing a VIP's system and then it crashes.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
They sent our job over sea's
buisness sold and closed
iSeries System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 14, 2017
Absolutely loved this job and would still be there if the company had not sold and the purchasing company decided to close the doors. Management was good when it was under First Horizon
Great place to work, but the company ended its Wholesale Mortgage Department.
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2017
Good, solid company.....when they decided to try the mortgage market in wholesale, it was the beginning of the Mortage crash!!!
It was just very bad timing.
Small company
Closer (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 23, 2017
Family feel office, nice staff, advanced technology, benefits included, ever growing company, with growth potential, clean environment. pay is not competitive
The bank closed the local office
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 5, 2017
Good Company however the bank was not a local Bank and could not compete with the local banks. They did not provide typical bank branch locations. They could not offer the additional products and services required to stay competitive.
Pros
Training
Cons
Na
Good place to work for
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2017
Left to aide in opening a new mortgage company in Charlotte as company was restructuring Upper Management. All management would be located in VA. Company had great Training Program for new employee's
Pros
Good training
Enterprise ATech Intern
Enterprise Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 21, 2017
This is a great place to work. As an intern we complete assignments and meet with some of the higher level executives. On any given day you had something to do. We Never got anyone's coffee.
Business
Corporate Expenditure Liaison (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 18, 2017
A typical day at work is come in work your desk and help other if you have time.

I enjoyed my employment and working as a team player
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Company
Processor I (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2016
Very diverse company and offer great benefits and opportunities. You can have a flexible work week depends on the area you work. You would love working with a leader in customer service in TN.
Was a wonderful place to work for. But..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 20, 2016
I absolutely loved this job by far my all time favorite job. I miss it beyond words. I was let go for calling in sick one day. Broke my heart I would give anything to come back and work here. Best job I have ever had and probably the best job I will ever have..
Pros
Great co workers, friendly people, fast paced
Cons
Shift times, schedules, seniority
Small mortgage co
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 12, 2015
The company is relaxed and casual, small office with employees who are close to each other. Minimum required overtime, which was nice
Extremely busy
Regional Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 31, 2015
Too much traveling away from home. I was Regional Financial Analyst over 40 locations. My territory ranged from Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Virginia with Home office being in Texas.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Traveling so much
Excellent company to work for
Senior Underwriter - Job Duties (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INOctober 4, 2015
Had wonderful supervisor. Training was excellent. Kept in contact with loan officer's and when MetlLife bought and shut our division down and I contacted local loan officer and he gave me a job.