First Horizon Home Loans

First Horizon Home Loans Employee Reviews

Enterprise ATech Intern
Enterprise Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 21, 2017
This is a great place to work. As an intern we complete assignments and meet with some of the higher level executives. On any given day you had something to do. We Never got anyone's coffee.
Great Company
Processor I (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2016
Very diverse company and offer great benefits and opportunities. You can have a flexible work week depends on the area you work. You would love working with a leader in customer service in TN.
Was a wonderful place to work for. But..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 20, 2016
I absolutely loved this job by far my all time favorite job. I miss it beyond words. I was let go for calling in sick one day. Broke my heart I would give anything to come back and work here. Best job I have ever had and probably the best job I will ever have..
Pros
Great co workers, friendly people, fast paced
Cons
Shift times, schedules, seniority
Small mortgage co
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 12, 2015
The company is relaxed and casual, small office with employees who are close to each other. Minimum required overtime, which was nice
Extremely busy
Regional Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 31, 2015
Too much traveling away from home. I was Regional Financial Analyst over 40 locations. My territory ranged from Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Virginia with Home office being in Texas.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Traveling so much
Excellent company to work for
Senior Underwriter - Job Duties (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INOctober 4, 2015
Had wonderful supervisor. Training was excellent. Kept in contact with loan officer's and when MetlLife bought and shut our division down and I contacted local loan officer and he gave me a job.
First Horizon
Irving, Shipper II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 12, 2015
First Horizon has a flexible schedule that allowed up to take care of the things we need to take care of and still receive or 8 hours for the day. We were like a great big family and always showed our ability to work as a team.
I enjoyed working for First Horizon and learned a lot about banking procedures and guidelines.
Receptionist, Office Manager & Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for First Horizon and learned many new skills. Unfortunately when the market fell in 2005 my job hours got cut along with my pay. By 2006 my position as loan processor was eliminated.
Interesting and secure
First Link Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 3, 2015
This was probably one of the best jobs. They really care about their customers and advanced their empoyees as much as a rep worked for it.
Productive professional work environment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 29, 2014
I learned that I can work myself up from an entry position to be the best in the office....I worked hard and I earned my promotions and bonuses.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping first time homebuyers to purchase homes.
Poor company to work for
Operations and Underwriting Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 24, 2014
There was always tension between the sales team and the operations group. Senior management chose to ignore the tension which created hard feelings, poor working conditions and the lack of enthusiasm in the office.
Pros
Cons
Poor management; lots of favortism shown
Mortgage Consultant
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 13, 2014
Designed mortgage programs to assist homebuyers. Good company to work for.
outsourced IT
AS400 System Engineer (Former Employee) –  irvingJuly 8, 2014
outsourced the IT department. no longer in business. great co workers
A Phone Job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 24, 2014
It's your typical phone job.
You do not get much time to talk to the people next to you or form many work relationships.
Pros
Big Kitchen
I really liked this company
Loan Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 8, 2014
I can not recall who my manager was, but she really liked me and the work I did. I liked her and my fellow co-workers. The company was a great company to work for, even though it was a temporary job.

Even though this was a temporary job, my manager wanted to hire me full time, but I declined because I was still in college and did not want to take a full time, permanent job at that time.
Pros
My manager, the location, the pay and my co workers
Cons
None, really
Low pay
Teller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 29, 2014
Low pay, Great employees. Long hours. System for data entry would break down often.
Great Corporation
Vice President, Network Operations (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 29, 2014
Demanding, but rewarding at the same time. Treated employee's fairly, and rewarded appropriately.
No opportunity for growth within this company
Teller, Retail Support Services (Former Employee) –  memphis, tnMarch 16, 2014
What the company reps say about the culture during orientation looks good on paper and sounds good to the ears, but is not the true culture. Advancing from the retail to corporate side is nearly impossible, as much favortism is shown--it's more about who you know. This company does not value those who are trying to advance. Even though they encourage networking across the company, few, if any, will respond to "networking" attempts. Beware, especially if you are applying for a position on the Retail Support Services team! There is minimal chance for advancement; a large majority of tellers have been tellers for 5+ years, and are unhappy concerning failed attempts at advancing within the company.
Pros
Off & paid for holidays
Cons
Management is not supportive, very little room for advancement.
Everythign here was exceptional. Great management and experience
Producing Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Everyone here from the top to the very last clerk had a professional and customer service oriented attitude. Well educated and experienced, responsive to all suggestions and always accessible and in communication . Everything needed to be a great mortgage origination machine.
Pros
Mangement, employees, underwriting, processing
Cons
none.
Great Company
Prime Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 9, 2013
First Horizon was a great company to work for. Great environment and supportive management. They offered a great list of products and training for all employees.
Pros
Environment, products, Management
Cons
Marketing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Horizon Home Loans. Our community is ready to answer.

First Horizon Home Loans Reviews by Location