First Interstate Bank

First Interstate Bank Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Teller (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WyMay 16, 2015
Very good work environment. Everyone is willing to help each other when needed. Great hours, great pay, great customers. Overall a really good work place.
Job advancement
Accountant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Job advancement and training.
Cons: The company merge with Wells Fargo and downsized.
First Interstate Bank provide all employees with job training and career advancement. I was promoted two times within a four year period with the company.
Fantastic employees and terrific training make First Interstate Bank great.
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Billings, MTFebruary 21, 2015
First Interstate Bank is a highly respected financial institution in Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. I have worked in various areas of the bank in the past ten years and continue to learn new things.

I am relocating to Bozeman, MT and will be pursuing additional responsibilities relative to Commercial Credit and Lending.
Merchant Teller
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaNovember 10, 2014
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: not enough compensation
Managing large business transactions, such a great experience learning how to interact with business owners and staff. The staff and management were so much fun to work with, we truly became friends and kept in touch. The only difficult part of the job was overcoming banking rules and delivering them to customers in a fashion that was not demeaning.

Great job ! Loved the staff !!
it was okay
Bank Teller I (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: being robbed
taking care of customer needs. t he co workers were very young the hardest part was I got robbed twice in six month very stressful
This financial institution continues to expand.
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Deadwood, SDOctober 11, 2014
Pros: wage and benefit packages are generous
Cons: high stress, limited advancement posibilities, growing pains due to recent expansions
This regional financial institution is currently focused on efficiency and are centralizing many positions. Turnover in our western South Dakota region has been significant. My scope of assignment is generally fluent and overwhelming at times There is no current advancement potential unless I wish to pursue a position in lending.
Laid back environment
Teller (Current Employee), Sheridan, WYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: understanding co-workers
Cons: long hours
A typical day as a teller at FIB was entertaining. I would assist customers with handling their financial needs. The management was great with helping me figure out situations our of my reach. The hardest part of my job was trying to assist angry customers and the most enjoyable part was knowing that sometimes I made a great difference in someone's life.
Overall good place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Many opportunities for advancement. I just wanted to get back into the administration field and there were no openings at that time.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2014
* Always like communicating with people.
* Solving their issues
* The hardest part of the job was dealing with robbery situations.
* Loved getting compliments from customers, which inspired me to
do my job even better
* Worked with fun loving employees and I am still friends with some of them to this day.
Company sold
Lead Teller (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAAugust 3, 2014
Company went out of business & I moved to Georgia, but it was a great group of people.
Professional atmosphere, Well established company within community, Employee Loyalty
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Hardin, MTJuly 23, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement, competitive pay
Cons: cost of health benefits, distance that i have to drive
Daily I assist customers with opening new accounts, applying for consumer type loans and credit cards, account maintenance, and any customer concerns/questions. I work close with all employees and management within the branch. I enjoy the atmosphere and customer base that we have.
Very productive and we went across the territory.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: free donuts
Cons: i was very happy with first interstate bank and very greatful.
It was the best place I've worked, great people and a fun place. Very sad that employees are not together anymore. We had great benefits.
Family Oriented
New Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Buffalo, WYMay 5, 2014
Wonderful workplace that promotes from within if you have the drive & will to move up.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bedford, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: very stressful
Cons: management and employees
This employer held company wide seminars on a quarterly basis. Periodically the would hold contest such as, who could bring in the most new business, retain the most customers or new inventive ideas to save the company money.
A great learning experience for me
Commercial Teller (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: they had great benefits i learned a lot from all of the different job duties.
Cons: a lot of turnover which meant a lot of new training by me to teach them their new job.
I processed all of the Commercial deposits. I also worked customer service when I was advanced to that position. Then I was advanced to the collection department and also Foreign currency transactions. The hardest part was learning all of the different departments, but was great in the long run. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing they had the confidence in me that I could take on all the challenges.
It was ok. Unfortunately it was bought out and most of us lost jobs, but it was that way in retail banking.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: good location, close to home
Cons: small, infrequent salary adjustments
I was a bank teller then. It was a stressful job and we didn't have a great management team at my branch.
Good people to work with
Maintenance man (Former Employee), North Richland Hills, TXNovember 6, 2013
Pros: outstanding holidays
Cons: job evolved into putting out fires
My job started out as a helper and evolved into that of a maintenance man in one office building, opperating equipment and small scale repairs to tenants needs. The pace was relaxed and I learned about repairs to electrical, mechanical equipment, and energy management. Tenant and Bank personnel relationships formed lasting friendships. There was a satisfation of solving issues for people.
fun
Lost and stolen collector (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2013
Pros: security
challenging
conversing with upset people
very nice
high call level
the people
Commercial Loan Processor II
Commercial Loan Processor II (Former Employee), Casper, WyOctober 21, 2013
Assisted commercial loan customers with all banking needs, including business loans, checking account set up, wire transfers, credit card issues and payments and any other area of banking as needed. Created and maintained all loan documents. Occasionally closed loans in officers absence. Assisted loan officers in any way necessary. Maintained financials and insurances files on each customer. Created and disbursed reports for loan officers and bank president. Assisted walk in clients and incoming phone calls. Assisted bank with fundraisers and volunteer functions.
Data processing