First Interstate Bank

First Interstate Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Helpful and strict - it's a bank of course
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 30, 2016
They want you to succeed so they will help you learn whatever you need to succeed but wont tolerate mistakes. When working with people's money, you have to be flawless or someone could be charged a fee for your mistake. I would work here again but after I earn a degree and can avoid the money transactions.
Enjoyed working with Customers
Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 29, 2016
Enjoyed working at First Interstate Bank, Was able to grow and learn different jobs in the banking industry. Working with customers and co-workers always something different.
Pros
help was phone call away
Cons
Merged with Wells Fargo
Loved it here
TELLER/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Livingston, MTMarch 7, 2016
I felt like this was a very good place to work. Many of my co-workers did not agree. Management was very rude to lower employees and dismissed them completely when input was asked.
worked with great employee's
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTFebruary 25, 2016
Typical day: taking check and cash deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, money orders and cashier checks. I worked in a drive thru most of the time enjoyed the busy work and the customers.
Wonderful experience
Note Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed working each day. I learned many things over the course of 25 years, from being a teller to becoming a supervisor. Management was superior and co-workers were pleasant, friendly, and easy to work with and teach. The hardest part of my job was the high responsibilities which I always managed to overcome and handle well. The most enjoyable part of my job was the success of my department.
Pros
Success of department
Challenging and rewarding enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with customers by being able to help them immediately. Since everything was in a Tri-state area, it was very convenient to get on the phone with Operations and get things resolved for customers quickly. The hardest part of my job was the turn over. Unfortunately, not long after I started, we had three people out of our five man team relocate or find different places of employment. Since working in customer service I have learned how to diffuse situations while also finding a solid solution to whatever problem I'm dealing with. My team and management were all very close knit and were always willing to help.
Pros
Great team and fresh challenges daily
Cons
High turnover
Great work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WyMay 16, 2015
Very good work environment. Everyone is willing to help each other when needed. Great hours, great pay, great customers. Overall a really good work place.
Job advancement
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2015
First Interstate Bank provide all employees with job training and career advancement. I was promoted two times within a four year period with the company.
Pros
Job advancement and training.
Cons
The company merge with Wells Fargo and downsized.
Fantastic employees and terrific training make First Interstate Bank great.
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 21, 2015
First Interstate Bank is a highly respected financial institution in Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. I have worked in various areas of the bank in the past ten years and continue to learn new things.

I am relocating to Bozeman, MT and will be pursuing additional responsibilities relative to Commercial Credit and Lending.
Merchant Teller
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaNovember 10, 2014
Managing large business transactions, such a great experience learning how to interact with business owners and staff. The staff and management were so much fun to work with, we truly became friends and kept in touch. The only difficult part of the job was overcoming banking rules and delivering them to customers in a fashion that was not demeaning.

Great job ! Loved the staff !!
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
not enough compensation
it was okay
Bank Teller I (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 15, 2014
taking care of customer needs. t he co workers were very young the hardest part was I got robbed twice in six month very stressful
Pros
being robbed
This financial institution continues to expand.
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Deadwood, SDOctober 11, 2014
This regional financial institution is currently focused on efficiency and are centralizing many positions. Turnover in our western South Dakota region has been significant. My scope of assignment is generally fluent and overwhelming at times There is no current advancement potential unless I wish to pursue a position in lending.
Pros
wage and benefit packages are generous
Cons
high stress, limited advancement posibilities, growing pains due to recent expansions
Laid back environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WYSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day as a teller at FIB was entertaining. I would assist customers with handling their financial needs. The management was great with helping me figure out situations our of my reach. The hardest part of my job was trying to assist angry customers and the most enjoyable part was knowing that sometimes I made a great difference in someone's life.
Pros
understanding co-workers
Cons
Overall good place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2014
Many opportunities for advancement. I just wanted to get back into the administration field and there were no openings at that time.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2014
* Always like communicating with people.
* Solving their issues
* The hardest part of the job was dealing with robbery situations.
* Loved getting compliments from customers, which inspired me to
do my job even better
* Worked with fun loving employees and I am still friends with some of them to this day.
Company sold
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 3, 2014
Company went out of business & I moved to Georgia, but it was a great group of people.
Professional atmosphere, Well established company within community, Employee Loyalty
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Hardin, MTJuly 23, 2014
Daily I assist customers with opening new accounts, applying for consumer type loans and credit cards, account maintenance, and any customer concerns/questions. I work close with all employees and management within the branch. I enjoy the atmosphere and customer base that we have.
Pros
opportunity for advancement, competitive pay
Cons
cost of health benefits, distance that i have to drive
Very productive and we went across the territory.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 24, 2014
It was the best place I've worked, great people and a fun place. Very sad that employees are not together anymore. We had great benefits.
Pros
free donuts
Cons
i was very happy with first interstate bank and very greatful.
Family Oriented
New Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, WYMay 5, 2014
Wonderful workplace that promotes from within if you have the drive & will to move up.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXApril 23, 2014
This employer held company wide seminars on a quarterly basis. Periodically the would hold contest such as, who could bring in the most new business, retain the most customers or new inventive ideas to save the company money.
Pros
very stressful
Cons
management and employees