First Investors Financial Services Employee Reviews

Excellent bonus structure
Auto Deficiency Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: mandatory overtime
Fun, entergetic place to work. Loved hearing why customers could not bring account current, also loved finding solutions for them to do just that.
One of the best companies I've ever worked for!
Administrative Assistant - Marketing (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 18, 2013
Management truly cared for the employees and their ideas. It was not unusual for the President to stop by and chat for awhile. Fun place to work.
Love my peers
Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: was short commute
Cons: never could plan vacation at the end of the month.
Called over 120 delinquent accounts made payment arrangements. What I learned from this job everyony had a very interesting story.

Management was very unprofessional and immature. Management will wait until you ready to leave for the day then say I need you to stay. My co-workers made it to be bearable. The hardest part was hard to balance my personal life with the job. Most enjoyable was overtime was much available.
Comfortable break area with televisions.
Title Co-Ordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 20, 2012
Pros: celebrating different holidays. recognizing the employees by giving free lunches.
Cons: health insurance
My day is always busy. After completing my morning duties, I go to lunch and after lunch, I relieve the front desk person. I learn other job duties as time allows. My manager is always on top of her employees duties. My co-wokers are a great team of people to work with. My job is not hard but it requires a full day's work. I really enjoy working with my co-workers. I also like sending packages UPS.
Fun, fast paced work envirmonment with great people
Team Manager - Collections (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2012
I moved to Atlanta in 2001 and 1st Investors was my only employer in 11.5 years. I started as a Collection Associate and was shortly promoted to Senior Collector and later Collection Team Manager which was my last position. I've learned the customer comes first, patience and how to work with different personalities which is important in a management position. My typical day at work consisted of account reviews, taking call escalations when necessary, monitoring calls and one on one coaching sessions with each of my staff. The month end crunch would be the hardest part of the job but I work well under pressure and consistently met the month end targets that were given. 1st Investors was a great company to work for and the most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Better than average collections agency
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2012
Pros: good location - near cumberland mall
Cons: expensive health insurance
An OK place to work...your direct manager can be your greatest ally or your worst enemy...HR is not very supportive of the challenges you face with reaching and exceeding monthly goals or the lack of support from your "team". Great tools for skip tracing if you can get the access to use them.