First Investors Financial Services Employee Reviews in United States

First Investors Financial Services
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2015
At First Investors Financial Services, it was a very productive working place. The people are very friendly and makes you fell very welcoming.
Great collectors looking for a career this is the place
Automobile Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2015
The one thing I will say is that the managers will fight for you. As in they have your back. If you are proven to be a great collector, come to work on time and just do your job then you have nothing to worry about. My only complaint is the long term employees get a pass. Yes, years of loyalty is admirable but when you work in a team driven environment some do less than others. The bonus changes from month to month but it is more than enough to make a good living. In addition to mandatory overtime which is the nature of the business you can schedule your own overtime as long as you are productive. The cash prizes each month is great and makes you work harder to get those gift certificates. It's a great company to work, ideal location, and they best upper management team around. The top dogs do care and that is hard to find in this business.
Pros
Casual everyday, Management is supportive, cash prizes
Cons
Typical collection atmosphere
Fun fun fun!!!
Auto Deficiency Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2015
Responsible for contacting customers regarding past due auto loans. Working with the customer allowing them programs and deferments to keep them in the vehicle.
Hard-worker with experience in data extraction and modeling to support operational and financial functions
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2015
Great employees, strong learning environment.

No support from management. Sink-or-swim environment. Hard work pays off in terms of personal learning and not professional growth within the company, unless you suck-up to management.

HR is supportive.
Excellent bonus structure
Auto Deficiency Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2014
Fun, entergetic place to work. Loved hearing why customers could not bring account current, also loved finding solutions for them to do just that.
Pros
great location
Cons
mandatory overtime
One of the best companies I've ever worked for!
Administrative Assistant - Marketing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2013
Management truly cared for the employees and their ideas. It was not unusual for the President to stop by and chat for awhile. Fun place to work.
Love my peers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2013
Called over 120 delinquent accounts made payment arrangements. What I learned from this job everyony had a very interesting story.

Management was very unprofessional and immature. Management will wait until you ready to leave for the day then say I need you to stay. My co-workers made it to be bearable. The hardest part was hard to balance my personal life with the job. Most enjoyable was overtime was much available.
Pros
was short commute
Cons
never could plan vacation at the end of the month.
Comfortable break area with televisions.
Title Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2012
My day is always busy. After completing my morning duties, I go to lunch and after lunch, I relieve the front desk person. I learn other job duties as time allows. My manager is always on top of her employees duties. My co-wokers are a great team of people to work with. My job is not hard but it requires a full day's work. I really enjoy working with my co-workers. I also like sending packages UPS.
Pros
celebrating different holidays. recognizing the employees by giving free lunches.
Cons
health insurance
Fun, fast paced work envirmonment with great people
Team Manager - Collections (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2012
I moved to Atlanta in 2001 and 1st Investors was my only employer in 11.5 years. I started as a Collection Associate and was shortly promoted to Senior Collector and later Collection Team Manager which was my last position. I've learned the customer comes first, patience and how to work with different personalities which is important in a management position. My typical day at work consisted of account reviews, taking call escalations when necessary, monitoring calls and one on one coaching sessions with each of my staff. The month end crunch would be the hardest part of the job but I work well under pressure and consistently met the month end targets that were given. 1st Investors was a great company to work for and the most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Better than average collections agency
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2012
An OK place to work...your direct manager can be your greatest ally or your worst enemy...HR is not very supportive of the challenges you face with reaching and exceeding monthly goals or the lack of support from your "team". Great tools for skip tracing if you can get the access to use them.
Pros
good location - near cumberland mall
Cons
expensive health insurance

Want to know more about First Investors Financial Services?

Ask a question